Tournament BLT V: Group Stage Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by sirDonovan.
Post approved by Sir Donovan
.​
Welcome to the first week of BLT V! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. If there is a tie between teams at this point in the tournament, the two teams with the best win/loss over the three week period will advance. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in a single elimination format for the semifinals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon SM tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS! (preferably main or smogtours server). Series are played in a best-of-one.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

REMINDER - This week of matches will have the recent tier changes in place.

Eevee Group

Azalea Alakazams (Samjo MJ) (3) VS
Pastoria Poliwraths (Roseybear TheWall) (5)
Black City Bolts (Plas Glacierider)(3) VS
Pewter City Prehistorics (iStockphoto explodingdaisies) (5)

Azalea Alakazams VS Pastoria Poliwraths

Ubers: MJ VS Micro
OU: Mael VS Bigboy038
UU: Sand1234 VS OminousDraco
RU: King Of Crimea VS The Welsh Wall
NU: Snow Jiniri VS belmontgabriel
LC: Magma (Barely Lit) VS Simbo
DOU: Abbp VS The Cheesen One
Mono: Saba1111 VS Jasprose

Black City Bolts VS Pewter City Prehistorics

Ubers: Byronthewellwell VS hamhamhamham
OU: Charmflash VS Denisthemenace
UU: Sir Slaking VS Sanzy
RU: pokemon e3 VS Karalynia
NU: TheFranklin VS Jrsmash9
LC: Osh VS London13
DOU: SMB VS Anime Sans
Mono: Poison Adhesive VS RichardPepper

Pikachu Group

White Forest Weaviles
(Mihawk349 Lightning1870 (negatory)) (4) VS
Blackthorn Blastoises (Silverwhiteblue Dogknees) (4)
Driftveil Diancies (Martha Robb576) (3) VS
Sunyshore Snorlax (Trace EternalSnowman) (5)

White Forest Weaviles VS Blacktorn Blastoises

Ubers: Raftel Reshirams VS t0te
OU: le Sabreur VS halaman95
UU: jrdn VS naruto(sage)
RU: HellRayquaza3000 VS serenes' grace
NU: Skelos VS akiko yosano
LC: Mikaav VS luthier
DOU: King Leo V VS rafooa11
Mono: Peachycl0uds VS raj.shoot

Driftveil Diancies VS Sunyshore Snorlaxs

Ubers: Lkapkd VS Mysterious M
OU: Beds (beschibaer) VS Kyotoshi
UU: Truth (Kreme) VS Abyssal Ruins
RU: MorganORNot (Darkeallenq.q) VS Ark
NU: Go0D VS EternalSnowman
LC: F i l l e VS Ninjadog
DOU: Frisoeva VS silver25x
Mono: Spitfire Arcanine (Dj Breloominati) VS kythr

This is a tag for Eyan to post the Tag list cause he is a legend.

Please remember to use the Tournaments sub-room Tours Plaza for BLT V discussion and to keep this thread civil regardless of friendly banter.

This week ends 29th July at 11:59PM EST (GMT-4). Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
LGI WEAVS!!! Our place in semis!
Dropping some predicts

Azalea Alakazams(4) VS Pastoria Poliwraths(4)
Ubers: MJ(80) VS Micro(20) MJ is coming from a strong win against Byron and I can't see him losing this
OU: Mael(70) VS Bigboy038(30) While bigboy did get a win week1 but I can't see him doing the same this week against mael, who is one of the best ou players this blt
UU: Sand1234(40) VS OminousDraco(60) Both are good players however Od strikes me as the better uu player. Can go either ways tho
RU: King Of Crimea(40) VS The Welsh Wall(60)
Tww had a rough week1 but I expect him to bounce back this week even though KOC will prove to be a formidable opponent
NU: Snow Jiniri(70) VS belmontgabriel(30) Xiri is just too good and I expect him to go undefeated after his win against plas
LC: Magma (Barely Lit)(30) VS Simbo(70) Unfamiliar with magma and simbo will surely be eager to win this week
DOU: Abbp(10) VS The Cheesen One(90) I'm trying to think a way for cheese to lose this but I srsly can't
Mono: Saba1111(70) VS Jasprose(30)
Saba had a strong showing w1 and I see no reason why he can't continue with it this week too

Black City Bolts(5) VS Pewter City Prehistorics(3)
Ubers: Byronthewellwell(40) VS hamhamhamham(60)
Both good players but i feel ham is clearly the favoured one here
OU: Charmflash(70) VS Denisthemenace(30) Charmflash is clearly the better player here and I can't see it going the other way around
UU: Sir Slaking(40) VS Sanzy(60) While both are coming after a loss w1, I feel sanzy is the better player here
RU: pokemon e3(30) VS Karalynia(70) hard to predict against Kara after they beat tww week 1, who is one of the best Ru player this season. Pokemon E3 has a chance, but I feel they are far too less
NU: Plas(70)VS Jrsmash9(30)
Simply the better player and plas will be hungry for a win
LC: Osh(60) VS London13(40) WIll be a close battle, but I feel osh has an advantage of having plas as a teammate
DOU: SMB(100) VS Anime Sans(0)
Srry anime but I just can't see smb losing this
Mono: Poison Adhesive(70) VS RichardPepper(30) rooting for poison though this can go either ways

Last edited:
Azalea Alakazams(3) VS(2) Pastoria Poliwraths(3)

Ubers: MJ VS Micro - micro is solid but mj is just way better imo
OU: Mael VS Bigboy038 - this man has a trophie in this tier lol
UU: Sand1234 VS OminousDraco - close one, rooting for sand
RU: King Of Crimea VS The Welsh Wall - expecting him to bounce back after his loss
NU: Snow Jiniri VS belmontgabriel - belmont is good but i gotta give the edge to xiri here
DOU: Abbp VS The Cheesen One - :swole:
Mono: Saba1111 VS Jasprose

Black City Bolts(3) VS(2) Pewter City Prehistorics(3)

Ubers: Byronthewellwell VS hamhamhamham - very clos but i think ham will take it
OU: Charmflash VS Denisthemenace - shouldnt underestimate denis here but normally Za got this
UU: Sir Slaking VS Sanzy - literally no idea
RU: pokemon e3 VS Karalynia - looked rly good week 1
NU: (Plas) The Franklin VS Jrsmash9 - idk the other guy tbh
LC: Osh VS London13 - :swole:
Mono: Poison Adhesive VS RichardPepper

Driftveil Diancies(1) VS(3) Sunyshore Snorlaxs(4)

Ubers: Lkapkd VS Mysterious M - way better imo
OU: Beds (beschibaer) VS Kyotoshi - looked surprisingly good last week
RU: MorganORNot (Darkeallenq.q) VS Ark - great player
NU: Go0D VS EternalSnowman - shouldnt be close i think
LC: F i l l e VS Ninjadog - :v4:
DOU: Frisoeva VS silver25x

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Azalea Alakazams (4) vs Pastoria Poliwraths (4)
Ubers: MJ VS Mirco - MJ is a team manager who won from Byron and his opponent is so unknown that the tour host can't even spell his name right. Enough said? Enough said.
OU: Mael VS Bigboy038 - Bandwagoning Fille's logical rule of Bigboy having goat status, and he has proven to be goat status since he brought a fucking Poliwrath to W1 and won. On top of that, Mael agreed on playing LC last round, and for letting us miss the HL match of the tour, he deserves another beating
UU: Sand1234 VS OminousDraco - >Having to fight someone who beat Charmflash in OU. This will be a close match though
RU: King Of Crimea VS The Welsh Wall - If you take the walls away from a kings castle, the kings strength will disappear. Now this king has to fight his own wall, so that's pretty bad.
NU: Snow Jiniri VS belmontgabriel - Gabriel Belmont is apparently the main character of a Castlevania game who eventually turns into Dracula. Unfortunately, being an immortal vampire doesn't increase your chances of winning a game vs Xiri
LC: Magma (Barely Lit) VS Simbo - Magma isn't Barely Lit. It's fucking hot. If you don't even know the properties of your own name, you shouldn't be able to hold a keyboard + mouse
DOU: Abbp VS The Cheesy Nun - Everyone knows DOU is full of cheese, so fighting the person born and molded in this dairy is bound to beat you hard
Mono: Saba1111 VS Jasprose - So prose is a really chill thing and peppers are the average temperature on Saba is pretty hot and we all know fire beats ice and this the most matchupy tier outside of NU so yk" - Definitely not Fille, 2018

Black City Bolts (3) vs Pewter City Prehistorics (5)
Ubers: Byronthewellwell VS hamhamhamham - The battle of who got the most repeats in his name. Byron is doing pretty good with his 2 wells, but ham got 4 hams, so he wins apparently
OU: Charmflash VS Denisthemenace - Charm will bring some heat shit like Nasty Plot Toxicroak + Banette-Mega and still manages to win
UU: Sir Slaking VS Sanzy - So here we have a "sir" vs a "dr". No matter how classy you are, having a doctorate will bring you further in life, and therefore, in pokemon
RU: pokemon e3 VS Karalynia - Karo made a fantastic performance by taking down Wall in the previous round. If he can continue this, I don't see any reason why he would lose.
NU: Plas TheFranklin VS Jrsmash9 - TheFranklin is unprepared for jr's timer mashing skills. Pray that you won't be the victim of a disconnection.
LC: Osh VS London13 - Osh will feel invincibe after his win vs Mael last week. Ironically enough, he is
DOU: SMB VS Anime Sans - Good luck with those tCO teams Sans!
Mono: Poison Adhesive VS RichardPepper - "So prose being poisonous is a really chill thing and peppers are pretty hot and we all know fire beats ice and this the most matchupy tier outside of NU so yk" - Also definitely not Fille, 2018

White Forest Weaviles (2) vs Blacktorn Blastoises (6)
Ubers: Raftel Reshirams VS t0te - Who even uses Reshiram in ubers?
OU: le Sabreur VS halaman95 - Sabreur is the better player of the two. I'm also running out of awful jokes here
UU: jrdn VS naruto(sage) - blah blah blah naruto uses his anime powers to win blah blah blah
RU: Lightning1870 VS serenes' grace - it's scientifically proven that you usually don't see any lightning when it's sunny outside. Guess which person used a sun team R1
NU: Skelos VS akiko yosano - blah blah blah blastoises have too many anime characters blah blah blah
LC: Mikaav VS luthier - The entirety of PS is shocked when they see luthier not choke his game away. Our sources are telling us that this was a once in a lifetime event
DOU: King Leo V VS rafooa11 - /wall OVERPAY!!!
Mono: Peachycl0uds VS raj.shoot - peachy is a really competent player, and raj is lowkey a meme :I

Driftveil Diancies (8) vs Sunyshore Snorlaxs (0)
Ubers: Lkapkd VS Mysterious M - Lkapkd stops using Darkrai and rises to SPL levels of good. Why didn't we told him to do that before?
OU: Beds (beschibaer) VS Kyotoshi - Beds accidentally brings an RBY OU team to the battle and begs Kyo for a rematch with the right team so they both have fair chances to win. Kyo denies him this and loses 6-0
UU: Truth (Kreme) VS Abyssal Ruins - Who needs to search for abyssal ruins when you already know the truth is out there? (Apparently I'm not running out of awful jokes)
RU: MorganORNot (Darkeallenq.q) VS Ark - Ark can be good, but Darkeallenq.q has the word "Ark" in it as well. That leaves the Diancies with 9 extra letters and a dot to do something fun with. Morgan 1, Ark 0
NU: Go0D VS EternalSnowman - ESM thinks he can meme even more by using Scarf Ninjask, but somehow manages to bring his waifu Venusaur to the game, therefore autoDQ'ing himself.
LC: F i l l e VS Ninjadog - Fillet knife vs pupper with a mask. Fillet knife wins.
DOU: Frisoeva VS silver25x - GOATSOVA!!!onehundredeleven!!1!
Mono: Spitfire Arcanine (Dj Breloominati) VS kythr - We have a fire breathing dog which doubles as a DJ in a breloom costume taking on 5 letters. The fire breathing dog which doubles as a DJ in a breloom costume will have a good time. The 5 letters will not.

Last edited:
doing some predicts cuz theyre fun :psysly:

Austrian Alakazams [2] VS [4] Dutch Poliwraths [2]

Ubers: MJ VS Micro - As a woman or man, Mary Jane will seduce any of her opps :jynx:
OU: Mael VS Bigboy038 - Austrian VS Dutch?!?! :psynervous:
UU: Sand1234 VS OminousDraco - The Civil War of India only to create another Pakistan :psysly:
RU: King Of Crimea VS The Welsh Wall - TWW won't lose to cheese this time
NU: Snow Jiniri VS belmontgabriel - Xiri isnt going to lose this BLT
DOU: Abbp VS The Cheesen One
Mono: Saba1111 VS Jasprose - Surprisingly, blazes' cousin was solid last week & losing to Richard :cwl:

Black City Bolts [1] VS [3] Pewter City Prehistorics [2]

Ubers: Byronthewellwell VS hamhamhamham - If byron is gonna bring stall, he's already lost
OU: Charmflash VS Denisthemenace
UU: Sir Slaking VS Sanzy - I can't tell who's worse from last week.
RU: pokemon e3 VS Karalynia
NU: TheFranklin VS Jrsmash9
LC: Osh VS London13
Mono: Poison Adhesive VS RichardPepper - This MU is so sad, Alexa play Despacito

White Forest Weaviles [5] VS [1] Blacktorn Blastoises [2]
Weaviles are the slept on GOATS
Ubers: Raftel Reshirams VS t0te - This guy beat lkakpd, sogood.
OU: le Sabreur VS halaman95 - self-explanatory
UU: jrdn VS naruto(sage)
RU: Lightning1870 VS serenes' grace - if serene doesnt bring weather teams every week, i'll be disappointed
NU: Skelos VS akiko yosano -
LC: Mikaav VS luthier - As bad as i would love to predict Luthier, he needs to stop choking
DOU: King Leo VS rafooa11 - if raf doesnt bring a damn sample, he can take this
Mono: Peachycl0uds VS raj.shoot - mono main vs unplayer

Driftveil Diancies [2] VS Sunyshore Snorlaxes [6]
Diancies losing to the #8th team making them officially the worst team while being managed by martha and rob :psysad:
jk :^).
Ubers: Lkapkd VS Mysterious M - lkakpd brought DARKRAI in USM, whats next kangaskhan-mega?? snorlaxes get the easiest bracket AND a power sub? it's over for us bitches
OU: Beds (beschibaer) VS Kyotoshi
RU: MorganORNot (Darkeallenq.q) VS Ark
NU: Go0D VS EternalSnowman
LC: F i l l e VS Ninjadog
DOU: Frisoeva VS silver25x - Friso is god.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)