Tournament BLT VIII: Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the BLT semi-finals! Where a green team faces a blue team and... another green team faces another blue team. Yep, this whole thing is just green vs blue now. Anyways, without further ado, predicts!

Ruin Valley Roserades (8) vs Lavender Laprases (2) (Green vs Blue)

Ubers: Reje vs velvet - Reje played 4/7 weeks of the preliminaries, and won every time. Velv may be positive as well, but reje has faced the better opponents. Comparing the two, reje is more experienced, knowledgeable, more consistent and overall better in this tier, and perhaps as a player, than velvet. For this reason, the only blood spilling here will be velvet blood.
OU: Hockey1 vs MagicalXerneas - 2 players with underwhelming performances in the preliminaries, their records having twice as many losses as wins. This does sound a bit unfair on paper with 1 hockey player vs a magical xerneas, but reality dictates otherwise. Comparing the 2 rather abysmal performances, I was more impressed with hockey's games than xern's, and I believe hockey is the better player here. Thus, it would truly be magic if MagicalXerneas wins here... or as we normally refer to it, hax.
OU: Baloor vs henguinie - Baloor has had the better, more consistent performance so far while bdlol hasn't performed great. When it comes to ou, baloor knows the tier better, and he should be better as a player here as well, so he should win here. Besides, anyone with the same record as RichardPepper(goat) or better is pretty goated in my book.
UU: Sificon vs queso - A very close match. These 2 are near equal in terms of general playing skill and have the exact same record, so I can easily see either one winning. However, I think I'll favor Sci-fi convention attendee over spanish cheese just by a bit because I believe sifi has shown more prowess in specifically uu, while also having played it for the entire season so far. And if sifi plays on an empty stomach... they just might eat cheese alive.
RU: Kyotoshi vs Mac3 - Huge hl rematch. I didn't quite know it back then due to being unfamiliar with Kyotoshi at the time, but this is a battle between 2 goats. This should be incredibly close due to similar performances, Kyotoshi being 5-2 and mac being 4-2 (excluding act loss). This should be close but I'll give Kyogoatshi the slight edge for the better performance, as well as having beaten mac before, along with the other person mac lost to, but an upset is very possible.
NU: Ninja vs Xiri - Another hype hl rematch. Both have performed excellently throughout the preliminaries, xiri being undefeated until gxe the dream killer showed up, and ninja being 5-2. However, I think xiri is should win here, as they're the better player and overall goated. After all, one of Ninja's 2 losses was to Xiri.
PU: Let's Rumble Shall We vs tlenit - Tlenit had a very rocky early season due to an immense amount of bad luck, his first time facing hellray included. Despite hellray being positive and tlenit being negative, they have the same number of wins. Further on in blt, tlenit started picking up wins, while it seems the opposite happened for hellray, so due to that, and the fact that tlenit is the better and more experienced pu main, he should bring his record to neutral, unless hellray haxes him again.
LC: kythr vs Surfy - Should be a fun rematch. Unfortunately for surfy, I believe kythr is just more goated in lc, as kythr is 5-2 and won vs surfy last time as well. No amount of using surf will allow surfy to surf his way to a victory vs kythr.
DOU: Mishimono vs Zoaw - Zoaw picked up a couple unexpected wins vs solid doubles mains so I wouldn't count them out just yet, but mish is mish. Mish is 5-1, having only lost to LightScreener and his goated mew tech, with solid and consistent performances throughout the season, being the very solid and experienced doubles main that they are. So I'm thinking Zoaw is getting mished here.
Monotype: Kaguya Lys vs ChessRobot - Here we have 2 players who both narrowly escaped the wrath of RichardPepp- I mean, 2 players with great records and only 1 loss apiece. However, I feel this is a pretty one sided match. ChessRobot managed to score 4 wins, though I feel his overall performance in a lot of these games wasn't great, while Kaguya on the other hand dominated and showed their prowess from being a goat in mono. I so feel Kaguya should take this.

Only now, after all this time have I realized that both mac3 and queso are on the same team. The Lappies have mac & cheese.

Turffield Turtwigs (5) vs Bayern Munchlaxes (5) (Green vs Blue: The Sequel)

Ubers: Blimax vs 7u9i2 - I imagine this will be a good rematch. Both are good players in ubers with positive records, and despite the fact 7u9i2 won their last encounter, I think Blimax is favored here. 7u9i2 has the better record but I was more impressed with blimax's performance in games. While 7u9i2 has shown he can be solid, he did get lucky a few times, including his last time facing blimax. Assuming there will be no hax this time around, I think blimax is out for blood and will get his revenge this time around.
OU: myjava vs Lugia_numair - Myjava is better here in almost all of the normal factors I use to determine the outcomes of these matches, while Lugia is a winless sub who only played once, and was neglected by his team, having not been invited to the server until about half way through preliminaries. Need I mention the one and only time Lugia played and lost was against myjava himself?
OU: Harshal_08 vs ToastedBunzzz02 - Another rematch I'm looking forward to. I think its fair to say that harshal was and continues to be a dark horse, and while toasted had a rough start to his season, he recovered and had a good season overall. Both are great players who seem pretty even in skill, have had great performances, and are both positive. Despite toasted winning last time, I think I'll give the edge to harshal here because I feel harshal has had the better performance and has shown to be more consistent in ou than toasted, though upset is extremely possible. ToastedBunzzz will be getting his bunz toasted here.
UU: TeamCharm vs Expulso - Another close one, except I think this is even closer. I was unsure myself, so I asked around and 8 people said expulso while 5 said charm. For a long time, the votes remained completely even, and its not hard to see why. Both are great players who made it to slam playoffs and are generally very versatile, on top of that, they know each other well. However, Expulso is the more experienced player who should be better in uu, so I'll say Expulso wins here, but like I said before, this is practically a coin toss.
RU: Demykunst vs yovan33321 - Yovan may not have had the best blt, having gone neutral, though it was better than demy, who had the unfortunate luck of facing some very tough opponents early on. Demy doesn't seem to be a concrete main in any tier, seeing as the turts put him in so many different ones while yovan is a solid ru main with more prowess. Due to this, and the fact yovan won last time, yovan should win again.
NU: 100%GXE vs roxiee - Roxiee may be the nu main here, but that matters not to one such as gxe. Because goatxe is such a goat, the result shall be the same as last time.
PU: Maki vs gum - Maki is a good player and this can be shown with their 3-0 record between ru and dou. Though they may be good, while gum's record isn't, I think gum should take this due to being the experienced pu main whereas maki is not.
LC: Serene Grace vs p4P1//0n - Hl rematch. Botb are great lc players who are positive so far, pap with a surprising 5-2 and serene being 4-2. I think Serene should be better here when it comes to lc experience and prowess, and quite possibly as a player too. Pap may have beaten him last time, but since this is playoffs, I feel like serene will step up his game here and take it. Wouldn't be surprised if pap wins again though.
DOU: mammalu vs Shadowmonstr7 - Both players didn't have the best blt, shadow being negative and mamm being 2-2 in dou. You can say both definitely struggled a bit against the stacked doubles pool, but they're good doubles players nonetheless. I believe shadow wins out in doubles experience, success and prowess so I think he'll win, but I feel like people sleep on mammalu, and you shouldn't cause I can see him winning here too.
Monotype: Decem vs Meta - Very hype hl rematch. Ngl, bolding against decem in mono is strange, but their performance in blt hasn't been the best, while meta on the otherhand, holy sh*t. This guy is the only guy in the whole tour who is 7-0 and still going strong. Decem may be Decem, but based on incredible performance, endless momentum, being a goated enough player to pull this off, AND having beat Decem last time, the king shall not lose his crown here. Although, Decem will probably step up his game so this will probably be close.

Thanks everyone for not no-johnning so I could properly do all of them this time :)

Sorry these got delayed so much. Thanks for reading and see you one last time for finals!

(Apologies to anyone I may have possibly offended, please do not take these very seriously.)

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
View attachment 359397
you will never live this down >:)
"A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. A loaf of milk, a container of bread, and a Joe Dirt DVD. A Joe Dirt DVD, Scarlett Johansson, and treasure from a fish tank." "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. A loaf of milk, a container of bread, and a Joe Dirt DVD. A Joe Dirt DVD, Scarlett Johansson, and treasure from a fish tank." "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. A loaf of milk, a container of bread, and a Joe Dirt DVD. A Joe Dirt DVD, Scarlett Johansson, and treasure from a fish tank." "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. A loaf of milk, a container of bread, and a Joe Dirt DVD. A Joe Dirt DVD, Scarlett Johansson, and treasure from a fish tank." "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. A loaf of milk, a container of bread, and a Joe Dirt DVD. A Joe Dirt DVD, Scarlett Johansson, and treasure from a fish tank." "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. A loaf of milk, a container of bread, and a Joe Dirt DVD. A Joe Dirt DVD, Scarlett Johansson, and treasure from a fish tank." "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter. A loaf of milk, a container of bread, and a Joe Dirt DVD. A Joe Dirt DVD, Scarlett Johansson, and treasure from a fish tank."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)