Bonnaroo 2013

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
For those of you who don't know, Bonnaroo is the largest music festival in the United States held on a 700 acre farm in Manchester Tennessee where over 150 bands perform every year.

I had the pleasure of going last year where Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Phish performed and we camped out for 4 days. Not to mention those weren't even the best bands there in my opinion. Bonnaroo gives opportunity to a lot of bands and lets up and comers perform every year. Last year The Avett Brothers, Civil Wars, Young the Giant, Childish Gambino, Alabama Shakes, Bon Iver, The Shins, Foster the People, and many more performed as well as oldies such as Alice Cooper and The Beach Boys. Well, it's that time of year again and the line up was announced today, and so the following bands are performing. Here's the list.

I was curious if anyone else knew about the concert? Planned on going, etc. I talked to a few Smogon users last year and they were interested in going but it was such late notice. I know a few did go and I just didn't come in contact with any. What's everyones thoughts on the line-up?

I expected The Lumineers, Macklemore, and Mumford and Sons to show up due to their success in 2012; however, they seemed to take a much older approach this year with ZZ Top, Paul McCartney and Tom Petty, but i'm not complaining. Billy Idol is pretty cool as well.

The website is here if anyone wants to check it out

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

pookar

Banned deucer.
i cant really complain because all the artists i want to see always make at least 3 reachable tour dates in my area, but THERE ARE NO FESTIVALS HERE OR REMOTELY CLOSE TO WHERE I AM AND IT SUCKS I AM JEALOUS

earl sweat. action bronson. death grips. nas. kendrick. asap. the xx. anco. wutang clan. r kelly. macklemore. beach house.. :( :( :(

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Dont use tht as an excuse? Im 8 hours away...i just drive with some friends lol

ie even met people from uk/new zealand!

Sooo glad that I get to go this time. It's going to be my first, so needless to say I'm pretty excited.

Hey who knows, for his encore presentation R. Kelly might just piss right into the audience :P

hnnnng foals.

actually the lineup is excellent but from such a large festival its impossible to not be good.

You can't complain about festivals being far away, so many people drive like 15 hours to get to splendor in the grass, in byron bay (probably the biggest aussie festival) from where I live in Melbourne.

if you wanna go just make it a holiday. I wish i had enough money to go to these kickass American/European festivals, nothing in aus even remotely lives up.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
ugh The National and Grizzly Bear are going to be there why am I out of the country on those dates x____x

not that drama at a concert like this is cool, but part of me hopes R. Kelly jumps up on stage and tackles Macklemore or something during Thrift Shop just because it'd make for a great video

Man i love these kinda music party/concerts/gatherings. I've been to T in the park in scotland and it was an absolute blast, sounds like the same thing. Wish i could go to the american one but it doesn't seem likely :(

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Went with friends to Bonnaroo 2011 (aptly nicknamed "Dustaroo" by the attendees)...I think this photo of ours summed up the experience better than any words could:

They'd need to have a really killer lineup for me to take on the price, exhaustion, and potential heat strokes again, but I've got no regrets--some of the shows really were electrifying. Even though I've already seen a few of the 2013 acts live, this year has some quality stuff booked...anyone that ends up going should give us a recap afterwards!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)