Mafia vs Village Book Mafia (GAME OVER) [Postgame 1/2 Up]

GAME OVER
First, Whydon gets lynched by a majority vote. So it goes.
——————————————————————————————————————————
Dear Whydon,
You are Slaughter-House V.

Your role is Town Jack-of-all-Trades. Every night, you can use one of your Absurdist Ideas. You can only use each of them once. Here are your Ideas:

Motion Detector: You will know if your target used an action or if anyone used an action on your target.
Loud Fruit Vendor: You will send your target a fruit. They will know it was you who sent the fruit.
4-Person Day Gladiator: At any point during the daytime, you may select three other players and Gladiate them by saying so publicly in the thread. The lynch that day will be restricted to those three players and yourself.
Abstinence: The night after you use this, any attempts to roleblock you will fail.
Persecutionist: If you vote for your target the day after you use this, an extra vote will be counted against them.

You are aligned with the Good Books. You win when the Bad Books and any other threats have been eliminated.
Then, OM room is found dead in the night, tied to a chestnut tree.
Dear OM Room,
You are One Hundred Years of Solitude.

Your role is Town Last Will and Testament. You have a Last Will and Testament. You may edit it to contain whatever information you like. You can edit it at any time. On death, it will be displayed along with your Role PM.

You are aligned with the Good Books. You win when the Bad Books and any other threats have been eliminated.
literally dying

At daybreak, the Bad Books grab MoodyCloud and put him through the guillotine, traumatizing children worldwide.
Dear MoodyCloud,
You are Watership Down.

Your role is Town Non-consecutive Commuter. At night, you can commute to find another location for your rabbit community. While commuting, no actions can affect you. However, you must take breaks between commutes. You can not commute two nights in a row.

And finally, they retire the very last member of the Good Books, zorbees.
Dear Zorbees,
You are Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Your role is Town Prep Vigilante. At night, you can either administer the Voigt-Kampff Test to a player or kill a player. To kill a player, you must have administered the Voigt-Kampff Test to them a previous night.

Congratulations to Former, MewtwoHidden, and CaffeineBoost on your win!
Welcome. You are the mafia.

Dear Former,
You are Fifty Shades of Grey.

Your role is Mafia Dominator. At night, you can use your BDSM talent on another player. You will roleblock them, silence them, and learn their full Role PM. Additionally, you can persuade them to vote for a player of your choice. You can idle your persuasion separately from your dominance.

You are aligned with the Bad Books. You win when the Good Books and any other threats have been eliminated
Dear CaffeineBoost,
You are Twilight.

Your role is Mafia Double Watcher-Tracker. Additionally, you are a Watcher/Tracker Switch.
At night, you can use vampiric magic to observe two different players. You will see who they visit, and whoever visits them. Any Watcher/Tracker type roles in the game will not function if you idle your ability.

You are aligned with the Bad Books. You win when the Good Books and any other threats have been eliminated
Dear MewtwoHidden,
You are Eye of Argon.

Your role is Mafia Disguiser. You have shitty writing a Disguise. You can edit it as much as you like at any point in time during this game. Upon inspection, or upon your death, the most recent shitty writing Disguise you have made will be displayed instead of your Role PM.

You are aligned with the Bad Books. You win when the Good Books and any other threats have been eliminated.

You may safely claim to be a Role Cop. There is not one in this game,
You may safely claim to be a Watcher. There is not one in this game.

You may safely claim to have the role name Fablehaven.
You may safely claim to have the role name Nineteen Eighty-Four.
You may safely claim to have the role name Breakfast of Champions.
You may safely claim to have the role name Wuthering Heights.
You may safely claim to have the role name Lolita.
You may safely claim to have the role name The Catcher in the Rye.
You may safely claim to have the role name Sherlock Holmes.

Have fun! Win!
MewtwoHidden ’s disguise:
Dear MewtwoHidden,
You are Fablehaven.

Your role is Town Vengeful. You have a vote of zero because voting is for the grown ups. To compensate, if you're killed, you will get a chance to slay another player during the next night phase.

GG! The mafia played excellently. The town played poorly. I will actually write a postgame this time.

Thank you all for playing!

Haven't interacted with CaffeBoost, but this was Former and Mew's best performances

However, I request to Mew to pls don't do this again to me :psyduck: messing with my head, I can't take it a 2nd time :facepalm:

Congrats!

Haven't interacted with CaffeBoost, but this was Former and Mew's best performances

However, I request to Mew to pls don't do this again to me :psyduck: messing with my head, I can't take it a 2nd time :facepalm:

Congrats!
We had this point in our scum chat where we asked samoyed if we could adopt you. Sadly he said no, but unoffically, welcome to "the family".

I'm going to write more postgame later but i'll write about the roles now:

THE TOWN -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zorbees / Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? / Prep Vigilante

I really like this role because I think it’s an excellent nerf to a vigilante without the fiddly numbered-shot mechanic. I think the flavor also fits really well for this role.
Zorbees played pretty well for the town. He managed to prep Former N0, but was unfortunately blocked by Jalmont and then Former every night after that. I would have loved to see this role shine but it never came to fruition.

Waterlily3 / Harry Potter / Roleblocker
I think this role is fine where it is though it does contribute to the very high number of roleblockers in the game. Waterlily got lynched D1 for making absurd memes that were taken seriously. The mafia tried to start a No Lynch counterlynch which failed and just made them look good. I think Waterlily played terribly here and it was entirely preventable.

Whydon / Slaughterhouse-V / Weird-Ass JOAT
Whydon had a very very strange role that I came up with. Originally it had even more abilities, such as a Priestmaker but eventually I reduced it to this.
The motion detector was a little bit of info that could be very very useful but also very vague. Whydon used it on himself a night when both Jalmont and Caffeine targeted him. The Loud Fruit Vendor was used to prove himself to Mewtwo. Hilariously, it actually gave a consumable fruit, which Mewtwo was very worried about and consumed the next night. The fruit never did anything. Whydon also had the gladiator, which I should have clarified to him would not reset votes and not reset the deadline. This was intended to be used for a stealth lynch if mafia gained majority. The Persecution was also more vote control for the town – Whydon had to activate it on a target the night before and they would receive an extra vote. This was never used even on the very last night (though Aura asked him to.) Though it wouldn’t have made a difference, I’m still wondering why Whydon didn’t activate it that night. Finally, we have Abstinece, which was pretty fucking useless. I should have buffed it so that it was a targetable action and so that Zorbees could have been unblocked.

Clarinet / Where the Mountain Meets the Moon / Tracker
This should have been a watcher. Tracker is way too fucking weak.
Clarinet was extremely trusting of Mewtwo which was eventually his downfall. His actions were entirely controlled by the mafia and on his last day he eventually refused to believe Mewtwo was mafia even though there was a lot of evidence. I think Clarinet’s main gameplay mistakes as town come from how easily he is pocketed.

OM Room / One Hundred Years of Solitude / Last Will
Another terrible idea. This role is so so boring to play. It only works if the person with it tries to lead town and gets killed. Even then it’s terrible and weak. Scrap this.
OM didn’t really do anything good or bad. His last will is hilarious.

JALMONT / All Quiet on the Western Front / Jailkeeper
I like this role. It’s a weaker BG and also a roleblocker. Jalmont successfully saved Zorbees on Night 2 but I think a lot of people forget that this role is a RBer and it could have been used more effectively. I think if Jalmont put a bit more thought into the events of the game (no kill the night he targeted Zorbees) the town could have solved the game. I don’t particularly have many qualms with his gameplay in general though.

Apricity / Animal Farm / Matcher
While I really really like this role I think this is another example of the power imbalance in this game. Being able to basically check two people at the same time is super powerful, but there are no other info roles on the town other than the super weak tracker. Somehow, they managed to lynch him D2 and town never resolved the 50/50. I would say it was quite lucky that Apricity managed to target both Former and Zorbees N1. I don’t have any problems with how Apricity played other than he maybe could have tried to defend against his lynch more.

MoodyCloud / Watership Down / Non-consecutive Commuter
Commuter is a fun role to add and the non-consecutive part helps dumb it down but really the role isn’t super dynamic and it doesn’t add that much to the town. It can make the mafia play guessing-games but ultimately it’s actually not THAT fun. MoodyCloud claimed early to Mewtwo and sorta sheeped him until lategame. No qualms really.

Aura Guardian / Le Petit Prince / Delayed Innocent Child
I really enjoy Innocent Child as a fun town leader role, but the ones that reveal D1 are very one-note and often get killed off. Originally I had this on D2 but eventually pushed it back to D3 so that the player could come in and “save the day” if town were losing. It started to happen but unfortunately they mislynched Clarinet, which was reasonable but probably not what should have happened. I think it’s interesting that people thought this role was evil because the rules literally said it could not be (read Bamboozles.)

THE MAFIA -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former / Fifty Shades of Grey / Dominator

I love the flavor I used here. The Hook-Persuade-Silence combination is a classic role of mine. Most OC games I design include it. Read my signature! This time I changed it slightly – I added a cop, gave the persuade a bit of separation, and weakened the silence. The cop was good for the mafia and was fun because a good leader would figure out that whoever Former copped would mysteriously get hooked and silenced. I really liked the separate persuade as it let mafia keep the role on the down low at first. I made the silence super weak (you could still vote and post in the main discord) because I hate being OMEGASILENCED. I would definitely say the roleblocker was crucial for the mafia’s win but having 3 in the game was a bit much. Imagine if Waterlily lived past D1!

CaffeineBoost / Twilight / Double Watcher-Tracker + Switch.
I also really like this role as a strong info role. Personally I find Watchers or Trackers on Mafia to be boring and bland and this role combined both AND THEN allows you to double-target. This led to long complicated results like CaffBo’s N1: Zorbees visited Former last night. Zorbees was visited by Apricity last night. Apricity visited Zorbees and Former last night. No one visited Apricity.

Look at all that info packed in there! What an improvement. I really love this role and would definitely use it again. There was a gimmick attached that if CaffBo idled then Clarinet and Whydon would fail but it never got used. I’m a big fan of this one. CaffBo played well and targeted the right people –he learned that Jalmont was protective and who Zorbees had prepped.

MewtwoHidden / Eye of Argon / Disguiser
This role, of course, is inspired by Town of Salem’s Disguiser, which is hilariously weak. Though it never got inspected and never flipped (RIP) I still really like it. The role was maybe at odds with the setup because there were no role cops which could have checked it, but I still feel it would have been fun on death which never happened. I think this role is a good (but very bastard) one. I specifically warned in the Rules that fake flips could appear (read Bamboozles) and Zorbees caught onto that on the last day. Mewtwo played excellently, writing a good disguise that he stuck to and managing to collect a plethora of claims before powerwolfing with Former to the end. I think it would have been hilarious if they had lynched Mewtwo and they flipped green. I’m sad that didn’t happen.

All right! That’s part 1 of the postgame covered – the roles. I need to write about the game and some other thoughts later but I’ll do another post for that. If you have any thoughts or feedback please let me know!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)