ORAS NU BOOM,You're a ghost.

Introduction

Hello peeps this is BluBirD and i'll be presenting my first RMT with a pretty successful team i made to face the ladder.
As for myself i played Pokemon since 2014 where the XY era was coming to a close end(And i mostly used garbage stuff like non-mega charizard in ou etc.)But eventually i started to become better and better and until now i've faced almost all the tiers except for nu,which is what i'm doing now.
I mostly used to suck in teambuilding but lately i've been having some really successful teams in many tiers.
Have fun in the process. :3

Teambuilding Process

Shiftry+Haunter was the core which I've decided to start this team off.
Boom shiftry checks non boosted rhydon if it doesn't switch in on megahorn,while also explodes on haunters #1 fear,Skuntank.While haunter takes care of the pesky grass types that come in on shiftry as well as some passive mons that the rest of the team couldn't easily break(yes...that's mega audino for you.)Their typings compliment each other fairly well as shiftry resists dark,ghost and is immune to psychics,while haunter is immune to fighting and it resists bug and poison x4.

Bulky SD Zard was chosen since the team needed a wincon as well as a check to the likes of hariyama,gurdurr and hitmonchan as well as being a check to abomasnow.

Rhydon was chosen cause it's a stop to normal types,it is electric immune and throws off rocks which are really appreciated on this team since it helps it face sash jynx a bit better.
Besides those it checks most non-super effective physical attackers like scyther and archeops.

Hariyama is pretty much a glue mon since it gives us some nice priority that can offensively check jynx,As well as giving the team a huge specially bulky mon that can hit hard and counter stuff like aurorus,pyroar and many more.

lastly since i carried a zard i needed hazard control.
At this point i see that i am extremely scared of samu or floatzel so what's best at this than mantine?

The Team

Shiftry @ Life Orb | Chlorophyll
Hasty | 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
• Knock Off
• Sucker Punch
• Leaf Storm
• Explosion
Shiftry hits incredibly hard with life orb,it has some nice type coverage that hits a lot of threats neutrally in the tier and has stab 80bp priority for offense.
The set is fairly common in nu since mixed shiftry is awesome.
We got knock off for a reliable and spamable stab that strips of it's foes items.
Sucker punch is for offense mostly which can trouble the team sometimes.(beware of status as well as subs when using this.)
Leaf storm hits the physical walls that shiftry can't touch with it's other moves as well as punish ground/water types for existing.
Explosion was the move that made me build this team since it can lure in skuntank and take it out so that haunter can switch in or out freely without worries.
The spread is standard for mixed shiftry with a hasty nature and max/max attack/speed.
You can use Lum berry if you wanna but the damage is needed in my opinion.
Chlorophyll is used so it can take advantage of the rare sun teams seen.

Haunter @ Life Orb | Levitate
Timid | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
• Shadow Ball
• Sludge Bomb
• Substitute
• Pain Split
SubSplit Haunter is the star of the team.
While shiftry handles offense with power+Sucker punch,Haunter handles defensive/balance teams with sub split.
Haunters typing scares a lot of pokemon out so it can most times sub if played correctly and attack with Life orb boosted stab special attacks and when it gets low it just pain splits to damage and regain health so it can go on breaking the opponents team.
Beware!Haunter is seriously frail...don't switch it on many mons and also look out for multi hit moves like rock blast from rhydon since they'll mostly ohko you.
Shadow Ball is stab that threatens mons like mesprit,munsharna as well as golurk.
Sludge Bomb is stab as well while it gives off a nasty 30% chance of poisoning when it hits,helping with dealing with fat mons and gives mega audino a run for their lifes.
Substitute blocks status,Revenge killing and uses the foes switches as a shield in general.
Pain Split gives it some form of recovery while troubling bulky teams.
Again the spread is standard with max speed max special attack with a timid nature.
Life orb is the item of choice so it can do as more damage as it can.

Charizard | Blaze
Jolly | 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
• Swords Dance
• Acrobatics
• Will-O-Wisp
• Roost
Bulky SD Charizard is my main fighting type check and a solid wincon.
Charizard takes advantage of passive mons and sets up on their faces.
Swords dance gives zard a +2 attack to fire off base 110 stab acrobatics and clean or break teams.
Acrobatics is the only attack it runs since it has better use/power overall and strikes grass and/or fighting types that it checks.
Will-O-Wisp burns rhydon,regirock or steelix that try to switch in and also let's zard weaken some mons like audino and vileplume.
Roost keeps zard alive and helps zard comfortably set up on mons like steelix as well as helping zard to live through rocks damage if it's hard to defog or if mantine has already fainted.
248 HP makes sure that zard can switch in twice on stealth while 252 speed and a jolly nature max out it's speed so that it can outspeed stuff like leafeon or haunter.
No item is used so that it can absorb knock offs better and gives acrobatics twice the damage.

Rhydon @ Eviolite | Lightning Rod
Adamant | 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
• Stealth Rock
• Earthquake
• Rock Blast
• Megahorn
Rhydon is a must have rocks setter and a superb physical sponge.
Rhydon is also the most reliable answer to malamar with megahorn since malamar is really hard to take care of after it boosts up.
Rocks are mandatory for cheap damage.
Earthquake and Rock Blast are there for awesome STAB coverage while Rock Blast breaks sashes and damages even after sub.
Megahorn hits grass type switch ins like leafeon and torterra that can counter rhydon as well as malamar after it boosts(Sometimes.)
Megahorn also helps with mesprit switch ins since this team struggles with some offensive variants.
Max HP is for the best all around bulk while 16 Attack ev's with adamant nature seem to take rhydon's attack to a jump point. 240 SpD gives it some mixed bulk alongside eviolite so that it can live like hp grass from pyroar if needed.
Eviolite gives Rhydon godly defensive stats which help it take even some stab SE attacks from the likes of AV Hitmonchan.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest | Thick Fat
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
• Close Combat
• Knock Off
• Bullet Punch
• Fake Out
Hariyama is the glue of this team since it helps out with special attackers like Pyroar,Aurorus,Abomasnow and even jynx at times.
Hariyama's Double priority helps out with stacking damage as well as bringing archeops to defeatist range and generally helps with revenging some frail or weakened mons.
Note that Hariyama is the only check to magmortar.
Close Combat is there for some strong STAB that damages many threats in nu like rhydon or torterra.
Knock Off helps at breaking down mons like weezing or psychics as well as damage ghost type such as mismagius.
Bullet Punch is a priority move that helps hariyama revenge stuff like jynx,archeops and more.
And Fake Out gets cheap damage as well as giving some more burn/poison damage if the foe is statused.
252/252 attack/special defense is there for max damage output and the best possible special bulk so it can capitalize on it's resistances on fire and ice.
Assault Vest is used so that Yama gets as much special bulk as it can.

Mantine @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Calm | 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
• Defog
• Scald
• Air Slash
• Toxic
Mantine is the teams defogger and water counter.
Make sure that mantine stays alive so that it can defog if you need charizard on a match or if spikestack seems threatening.
Defog is essensial since the team is weak to hazards.
Scald is a spamable stab that burns and helps the team with most physical attackers.
Air Slash is also stab that hits grass,fighting and bug types like Abomasnow,Poliwrath and Scyther.
248 HP allows Mantine to switch in more times with stealth rock while 240 Def gives it physical bulk so that it can better counter stuff like SD Samurott and Primeape that's not locked in stone edge.
The rest is bumped in SpD so it can have special bulk and therefore check aboma or Special Charizard better.
Lefties grants it some passive recovery.

Conclusion

I Had so much fun with this team in the ladder and therefore i think i should share it with you guys.
Give me your opinions on the team and some possible changes to take into account.

Offensive Psychics:Stuff like Lorb Mesprit or Calm Mind Musharna gives this team some real trouble and also sometimes xatu is a problem but can be taken care of.
Fighting Types with Stone Edge:Hariyama,hitmonchan and primeape come to mind.
My only fighting checks are Flying types and can easily be taken out by stone edge.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Explosion

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Charizard
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Toxic

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! Neat looking team, always glad to see Haunter getting some usage. Onto the rate!

<
You noticed it yourself, Psychic types are pretty annoying to this team. Specs Mesprit is the most common one at the moment and you have little to no immediate answer to it. You can't really afford to bring Shiftry because of the threat of Ice Beam, other sets are just as annoying. With that in mind I'd like to suggest AV Lanturn over Mantine. Lanturn retains the ability to check opposing water types and gives you another mean to pressure Rhydon which is pretty annoying to deal. Lanturns great special bulk combined with Volt Switch lives you free to come in versus Mesprit to scout the set to be able to bring Shiftry or Haunter without taking any risks, allowing you to fire off a strong hit from eithers of your wallbreakers.

<
The use of Charizard forces you to run something to remove hazards. AV Hitmonchan over Hariyama helps a lot here. Rapid spin instead of Defog means that you don't have to worry about removing the rocks you set on the opposing side. Hitmonchan retains a decent special bulk which allows it to spin on a much wider range of pokemons in the tier. Your team pressures the most common anti spinners pretty well which makes it pretty easy to spin to allow Charizard to put in work. Mach Punch allows it kill weakened pokemons while Drain Punch hits most pokemons of the tier pretty hard while allowing Hitmonchan to heal itself. You don't miss Thick Fat too much as Lanturn already takes care of fire and ice types pretty well. You may even try Life Orb over Assault Vest if you feel like it would work better but I think AV works better here.

I don't have anything else to suggest, the sets and the pokemons all put the work they're supposed to so props on that.

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)