Move Boomburst

Status
Not open for further replies.
140 Power is nothing to sneeze at. Dragon Pulse, for instance, is only 127 Power factoring in STAB, and of course Boomburst lacks any downside like Draco Meteor's massive SpA drop. Hurricane requires Rain Support to be reliable.
True, but the coverage of Dragon Pulse and Hurricane is much greater than Boomburst. It will be seen, just not that frequently. I know that in these early stages of the metagame, Hurricane is constantly used, as with STAB it gets super powerful, and coming from base 97 spAtk, it needs all the power it can get.

And a buff to 65 power from 60.

Look out Ubers, there's a new guy in town.

^Fucking OG monster right there.
BTW this trollish 91 speed which allow it to outspeed so much stuff, lol.

Chatot Timid +2 Nasty Plot Life Orb Calcs:

Boomburst Vs Max HP Kyogre
86.39%-101.98% (92.31% for OHKO with SR up)

Boomburst vs 4 HP Ho-Oh
87.98%-103.55%

Boomburst vs Standard Tank Ho-Oh
73.25%-86.27%

Boomburst vs Max HP Groudon
126.98%-149.50%

Boomburst vs Offensive Reshiram
117.30%-138.42%

Boomburst vs Max HP/Max SpD Deoxys-D
78.95%-93.09% (33.33% for OHKO with SR up)

Boomburst vs Great Wall Lugia (252 HP/80 SpD)
73.08%-86.06% (79.49% for OHKO with SR up, SR breaks Multiscale)

Boomburst vs Max HP Zekrom
116.09%-136.88%

Lol, why the hell I made those calcs (although it hurts, I'm impressed) :D. Yeah, Chatot is Uber stronk, no doubt about it. On more serious note - if this thing had at least Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse to work with, maybe I would even try it for fun, lol.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
does an attack this powerful (just 10bp weaker than hyper beam) really have no drawback? what are you thinking GF >.>

I think the intended drawback was hitting allies in doubles/triples, two game modes GF is always trying to push. But even then, Earthquake has only 100 BP and way more immunities.

True, but the coverage of Dragon Pulse and Hurricane is much greater than Boomburst. It will be seen, just not that frequently. I know that in these early stages of the metagame, Hurricane is constantly used, as with STAB it gets super powerful, and coming from base 97 spAtk, it needs all the power it can get.
STAB Hurricane's average power is 126. On average, it does less damage than non-STAB Boomburst.

BTW this trollish 91 speed which allow it to outspeed so much stuff, lol.

Chatot Timid +2 Nasty Plot Life Orb Calcs:

Boomburst Vs Max HP Kyogre
86.39%-101.98% (92.31% for OHKO with SR up)

Boomburst vs 4 HP Ho-Oh
87.98%-103.55%

Boomburst vs Standard Tank Ho-Oh
73.25%-86.27%

Boomburst vs Max HP Groudon
126.98%-149.50%

Boomburst vs Offensive Reshiram
117.30%-138.42%

Boomburst vs Max HP/Max SpD Deoxys-D
78.95%-93.09% (33.33% for OHKO with SR up)

Boomburst vs Great Wall Lugia (252 HP/80 SpD)
73.08%-86.06% (79.49% for OHKO with SR up, SR breaks Multiscale)

Boomburst vs Max HP Zekrom
116.09%-136.88%

Lol, why the hell I made those calcs (although it hurts, I'm impressed) :D. Yeah, Chatot is Uber stronk, no doubt about it. On more serious note - if this thing had at least Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse to work with, maybe I would even try it for fun, lol.
Can we just take a moment to consider how amazing he'd get at +3 (which is entirely implausible, I know)

Ahhhh ok, you're taking the accuracy into account. Gotcha.

What about possible damage from possible confusion from a variable stat on a variable opponent with variable typing? :P
Haha, well typing at least is doable if we make some terrible assumptions. For example, we could say they're facing a series of 18 enemies with identical stats and each of the 18 types, say all the forms of Arceus. In that case we'd get (140*16.5/18)=128.3 for Boomburst and (126*19.5/18)=136.3 for Hurricane. So yeah, you do get better coverage.

Regardless of all these calculations, though, Boomburst gets plenty of points for reliability, as well as piercing Subs. There will be plenty of Noivern that will want to run it in whichever tier it ends up, especially the ones that get solid coverage with their other moves.

Haha, well typing at least is doable if we make some terrible assumptions. For example, we could say they're facing a series of 18 enemies with identical stats and each of the 18 types, say all the forms of Arceus. In that case we'd get (140*16.5/18)=128.3 for Boomburst and (126*19.5/18)=136.3 for Hurricane. So yeah, you do get better coverage.

Regardless of all these calculations, though, Boomburst gets plenty of points for reliability, as well as piercing Subs. There will be plenty of Noivern that will want to run it in whichever tier it ends up, especially the ones that get solid coverage with their other moves.
Oh, absolutely. The ability to pierce subs is great, especially on a move with that kind of power.
Also, can you take into account the chance and damage of confusion? :P

I think I'm going to run Infiltrator with Boomburst on Noivern for the sheer "impregnation" factor.

(On a serious note, Gengar loves his subs and sadly, Boomburst doesn't affect him.)

Oh, absolutely. The ability to pierce subs is great, especially on a move with that kind of power.
Also, can you take into account the chance and damage of confusion? :P
Well, between Hurricane's 70% accuracy and 30% confusion rate, you've got a 21% chance of inflicting confusion on an attack, and therefore a 10.5% chance of canceling the foe's next attack and a 15.75% chance of canceling at least one of their next two attacks (following just one Hurricane use).

For the rest? Hmm... maybe I'll get back to you after you can evaluate the bonus damage from piercing Subs?

But seriously guys. Why complain? We are breathing new life into pokemon who never had any. And Noivern doesn't even get stab anyway.

COMPLAINING IS FUTILE, AND SO ARE YOU.

Its a shame eevee doesn't get the move. With pixilate it would have been a 182bp fairy move with 100% acc and no drawback, 273bp with stab. Oh well maybe in stabmons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)