Gen 3 Bored. Made ANOTHER Team. RMT.

Well I got bored, and first I decided to build a team around a UU poke, and create a moveset thats competetive in OU. I chose Sandslash. It has decent HP, and massive defense. I did the maths, and if im right, with max HP, it can survive an Explosion from Agiligross with max Atk and Adamant. Anyway, RMT.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Haven't used Zappy much in the past, which i now regret. This things a fucking beast.

Sandslash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 130 Atk / 44 Def / 84 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Its not really a created moveset, its the normal stallers MS, but Smogon dont have it on the site, so it'll do. :P

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Spd / 68 SAtk / 148 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Reflect

Normal Celebi, not attacks though, Reflect is to help the team against Metagross.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Haze
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

Normal Weezing, same as Zapdos, haven't used him much in the past before, regret it, fucking tank.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Focus Punch
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

Blah. You know what this is.

Alakazam (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Psychic
- Substitute

This thing is decent. Even with timid, it gets 369 SpAtk, and after petaya, it gets 554, or some shit.

Don't see many problems, but Jynx is hard to beat.

I chose Sandslash. It has decent HP, and massive defense. I did the maths, and if im right, with max HP, it can survive an Explosion from Agiligross with max Atk and Adamant.
No it can't.

Throw Sleep Talk on Heracross to have a chance against Jynx, since you mentioned it. That means drop Brick Break preferably, or Focus Punch if you aren't comfortable with it as your only fighting move. Focus Punch can't be chosen by Sleep Talk, so I hear. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. Just depends.

I would like to mention that a Sandslash which gets a Substitute passed to it from, say, Jolteon or Zapdos, is mighty cool. Rapid Spinning is futile sometimes. Counter is gimmicky/unreliable too. If you feel like you need more offense besides Heracross, give Sandslash Swords Dance/EQ/RS/Focus Punch, and pair it with a Baton Passing Zapdos that can pass Substitute.

If you're planning on long battles, as your use of Zapdos, Sandslash, Celebi, and Weezing suggests, you have no Spikes or Toxic to help the cause to bring in your sweepers. Just Will-O-Wisp, I see. Heracross and Alakazam don't fit the stall style. SkarmBliss or whatever can deal with the two with little difficulty.

I fear that without Phazing (Roar/WW/P-Song), an unexpected threat behind a Substitute will create an awful scenario for this team to be up against. Maybe that's why you mentioned Jynx in particular?

Well, I ended up swapping to CBGross, which does the job better against Jynx, and added STalk. Which also helps with the stallish tactic, which you brang up.

I swapped Weezing for Toxic Skarm, and might drop Celebi for Claydol, or maybe TWave Regice. On that note, might swap Alaka for Jirachi, and turn it into an SS team. Zapdos was there to take status, with Regice there, maybe have Restalk, for the status.

Then i can use a Special TTar set. And SS will help Slash, with the Sand Veil. might drop Counter for Sub.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
If you're gonna use Sandslash, do not make it an inferior Donphan.

Use something it has over Donphan like SD or I don't know.. Thief? ._.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)