BossBat!!!

BOSSBAT

So i made this team pretty much out of randoms ecept for Bliss + Crobat since they have some nice synergy.I'm also posting this just because BKC told me to and you should all go spam him.

Spr_5b_242.png

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Blissey was the first pokemon i put in the team since it was the partner for crobat who turns out to be a star. I have dual status since i Things tend to try and set up on my toxic bliss so i started packing Thunder Wave over flamethrower which i used to have. Then seismic toss is essential.

What Blissey lacks in defense my team makes up for and most of my team appreciate toxic damage which blissey can stall damage off special attackers except Taunt + Stat boosters which are rare, i can only think of gliscor and thundurus off the top of my head.

Spr_5b_169.png

BossBat Crobat (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 96 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Brave Bird

BOSSBAT!! Its the name of the game. Move over Britscor theres a new Bat in town. Crobat has very good bulk naturally fantastic speed. He takes hits surprisingly well and is able to tank fighting moves like a beast and hit those apes with brave birds. Ev spread is pretty random but its been extremly effective. Crobat acts more or less as a physical wall, but all my team acts s physical wall with Gross + Intimimence. New Evs to Outspeed Latios and all base 110s [350 speed] and latios trollers [351 speed]. They used to be 248HP/100DEF/104SPDEF/56SPD

Spr_5b_121.png

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Now with Blissey and Crobat wearing things down and Starmie being a favorite of Kevin it was a perfect choice as a cleaner. It also acts as a status absorber if bliss goes down. Ferro does make me want to go crawl in a hole. Starmie helps me resist water which is very annoying since even though SS + Drizle is banned i still hate water types in the rain since they hit super hard.

Spr_5b_376.png

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake

Scarfgross seemed just novelty enough to work Chomp,Gyara,Mence and CO all get surprised by it and i'm Thinking "Get Wreckeed". Not much else to say about it. Excadrill and Garchomp unfortunatly set up on Metagross which annoys me. Sometimes i want to Explode on things because they are big and annoying and im not super effective on them.

Spr_5b_373_s.png

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

I haven't used a mence yet in 5th gen and i decided to use my Favorite DD set but i added Hydro Pump because of the popularity of politoed and being able to wreck stuff with Hydro Pump while Fire Blast is just good. Salamence is sort of a special sweeper even though he boosts his attack i am trying to use his awesome sp atk as well as DD.

Spr_5b_286.png

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch
- Spore

Bulky breloom <3 He seems to able to knock off that glass cannon tag i sort of prefer seed bomb > focus punch since it seems to be more problematic then helpful. I'm Thinking of using Mach Punch because i lack priority on the team and as BKC will testify to i Leech Seed stalled a dory to death and having mach Punch would make this lot easier.

After all the garbage thanks for looking at the team, However what would make me more happy then you rating this team is going to spam BKC.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=52012

This looks like a solid team for what started out as a bunch of random novelty stuff. I would suggest giving Crobat enough speed EVs to outrun positive natured base 110s such as Lati@s and Gengar, it'll help alot when dealing with them. Also, consider using Eviolite Chansey over Blissey (keep the moveset but max out defenses and put the last 4 EVs wherever). Chansey's a ton bulkier and Blissey really isn't doing anything Chans can't do better because you're not running any special attacks. That's all I can really suggest barring Mence's set, which I think could be tweaked to a mixed attacker with Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Brick Break / Roost because DDmence is too easily revenged from what I've seen when I watched you play with this team. gl

Thinking on evolite terms, have you considered running Evolite golbat? While it loses leftovers and some speed its bulk is unbelievable and can be a surprise for enemies. Just a though.

Id also run the following set on mence as i think it takes advantage of his ridiculous new ability moxie.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Golbat (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Air Slash

Give them a try and see what you think. The salamence im more sure about than the Golbat.

also would have been tempted to put Rapid Spin on starmie. Any of those moves you feel your not using much?

Hey DarthChocoboz, this seems like a interesting team although you're going to have a lot of problems with pokemon such as X-scissor Excadrill. Metagross is essentially the perfect setup fodder for Excadrill to get a free swords dance and after that, nothing on this team outruns it so it can KO pretty much everything. Also, Ferrothorn spikes on over half of this team, since you aren't running Rapid Spin on Starmie, Ferrathorn can gain free layers on a lot of this team and abuse it as you only have two resists to spikes. Garchomp in general is going to give this team a lot of trouble. The choice scarf version outruns everything on your team and pretty much KOs it, although the bigger problem is the Sub Swords Dance variants as it can gain a free sub on quite a few of your mons and get a KO almost every time it sets up a substitute. First of all, I'd suggest that you run Rapid Spin over Recover on Starmie. This will allow you to spin away hazards that pokemon such as Ferrathorn and Skarmory use against this team. As for Pokemon such as Excarill and Garchomp, I would replace Crobat with a Swords Dance Gliscor. This will allow you to take on threats such as the two aforementioned ones much better as well as Conkeldurr and other fighting types much more easily.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish 252 HP | 176 Def | 80 Spe Poison Heal
Swords Dance | Earthquake | Ice Fang | Taunt

As for some other options, you could try out Mixed Dragonite over Salamence. Mixed Dragonite is an excellent stallbreaker for defensive cores such as Jellicent + Ferrathorn / Skarmory. This will just help you if you use it correctly with Starmie as it allows you to break down defensive teams much more easily.

Overall this is a pretty cool team, good luck.

Hey DarthChocoboz, this seems like a interesting team although you're going to have a lot of problems with pokemon such as X-scissor Excadrill. Metagross is essentially the perfect setup fodder for Excadrill to get a free swords dance and after that, nothing on this team outruns it so it can KO pretty much everything. Also, Ferrothorn spikes on over half of this team, since you aren't running Rapid Spin on Starmie, Ferrathorn can gain free layers on a lot of this team and abuse it as you only have two resists to spikes. Garchomp in general is going to give this team a lot of trouble. The choice scarf version outruns everything on your team and pretty much KOs it, although the bigger problem is the Sub Swords Dance variants as it can gain a free sub on quite a few of your mons and get a KO almost every time it sets up a substitute. First of all, I'd suggest that you run Rapid Spin over Recover on Starmie. This will allow you to spin away hazards that pokemon such as Ferrathorn and Skarmory use against this team. As for Pokemon such as Excarill and Garchomp, I would replace Crobat with a Swords Dance Gliscor. This will allow you to take on threats such as the two aforementioned ones much better as well as Conkeldurr and other fighting types much more easily.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish 252 HP | 176 Def | 80 Spe Poison Heal
Swords Dance | Earthquake | Ice Fang | Taunt

As for some other options, you could try out Mixed Dragonite over Salamence. Mixed Dragonite is an excellent stallbreaker for defensive cores such as Jellicent + Ferrathorn / Skarmory. This will just help you if you use it correctly with Starmie as it allows you to break down defensive teams much more easily.

Overall this is a pretty cool team, good luck.

Thanks AB2. I'll try out the gliscor, can i ask why the 80 evs in speed?

Anyway i certanly like the idea of rapid spin but recover has seemed eesential after ferro comes in on a hit and i take LO, after rocks and 2 or 3 of those i need to recover otherwise im going to have to start making more dangerous switches which i really hate doing on PO since not many people over predict.

As much as it pains me to change the crobat looks liek i'll have to. Dory defo gives me trouble, but chomp not so much, and ask BKC if you want to since he was there but i leech seed stalled a dory to death this morning with x-scissor. And i've been toying with the idea of mach punch on breloom.

Thinking on evolite terms, have you considered running Evolite golbat? While it loses leftovers and some speed its bulk is unbelievable and can be a surprise for enemies. Just a though.

Id also run the following set on mence as i think it takes advantage of his ridiculous new ability moxie.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Golbat (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Air Slash

Give them a try and see what you think. The salamence im more sure about than the Golbat.

also would have been tempted to put Rapid Spin on starmie. Any of those moves you feel your not using much?

Im not sure but im pretty sure moxiemence isn't released yet which is why i amn't using it. The speed is importent and why crobat works but evo golbat is awesome:toast:

Thanks AB2. I'll try out the gliscor, can i ask why the 80 evs in speed?

Anyway i certanly like the idea of rapid spin but recover has seemed eesential after ferro comes in on a hit and i take LO, after rocks and 2 or 3 of those i need to recover otherwise im going to have to start making more dangerous switches which i really hate doing on PO since not many people over predict.

As much as it pains me to change the crobat looks liek i'll have to. Dory defo gives me trouble, but chomp not so much, and ask BKC if you want to since he was there but i leech seed stalled a dory to death this morning with x-scissor. And i've been toying with the idea of mach punch on breloom.

It allows you to outrun max speed Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom. SD Sub Chomp can really give you problems since it can get a free kill every time its behind a sub, especially with really annoying sand veil hax.

It allows you to outrun max speed Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom. SD Sub Chomp can really give you problems since it can get a free kill every time its behind a sub, especially with really annoying sand veil hax.

ok thanks

I have 2 things that are faster and i usually trust people not to be (BAN ME PLEASE) and not sub so im ok with chomp :)

Back