Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Nuzzle

Smeargle is added onto this team for a few reasons. The primary reasoning is to have a Pokemon that drops some hazards. In other words he is most definitely my hazard setter. Because he sets down hazards rather effectively with his sash/spore combo this allows me to almost certainly force a defog out of an opponent. If predicted correctly the defog then allows me to get a +2 atk Braviary out. Side not of Smeargle is the ability to incapacitate one Pokemon and severely slow down another with the use of both spore and nuzzle.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Lopunny-Mega is a Pokemon that is a near necessity for Normal Monotype Teams. First off is the ability to tear through ghost teams because of the Mega's Ability. Lopunny in my honest opinion is almost the sole reason that normal is even viable. Not only does Lopunny handle ghost teams but it also handles other normal teams and steel teams. I had tried for a while to have other mega's but Lopunny just out scales them except M-Pidgeotto but that's a different kind of team altogether.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Porygon-Z is an important part of this teams ability to handle fighting teams. With Z-Conversion changing it into a ghost type and giving it +1 to all stats, it makes this Pokemon one of the sole reasons that this team can handle Fighting. Then pair that with the decent coverage of Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt to handle a range of fighting threats along with water threats to the team. The +1 to all stats lets it out speed most threats to it.

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Diggersby is added as the wallbreaker of this team. Diggersby is a Pokemon, when paired with Choice Band, is able to take down a good majority of the walls that I would face on the ladder. Added coverage for grass types through Fire Punch. And the ability to OHKO a good majority of neutral Pokemon with Earthquake is nice. Quick attack is a good niche move to have because sometimes it allows a quick revenge kill move after losing another Pokemon.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

I really don't think Ditto needs much of an explanation. Correct use of Ditto allows me to punish people for setting up sweepers. Or even get a revenge kill out of nowhere. Ditto is an extremely powerful Pokemon just because it can basically be anything. It is amazing with what its able to do. The downfall of ditto however is when a scarfed Pokemon has moxie. Then it is a 50/50 on whether or not you can revenge at that point. And if you don't win the 50/50 you often times lose the game there.

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Ah my lovely bird Braviary. The one that I really wanted the team to be based around. With Max Speed EVs and Scarf it outspeeds a good majority of threats. Pair that with its Defiant ability you could have a super strong super fast bird. The reasoning for going this over Staraptor is because I like Braviary more and the defiant ability makes it hit alot harder than Staraptor. Just requires a little bit of a set up. And because Braviary isn't used very often you can often times bait a defog out at the right time to get the defiant bonus. Also you don't have to worry about webs slowing it down.

https://pokepast.es/2a172537d986f438

Please help me make this team better. Thank you for your time.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Greetings Trethris, thank you for sharing your team with us.

The team itself is pretty straightforward and there aren't many major changes you should be concerned about, just some minor adjustments should satisfy this team.

Recover > Ice Beam

This is a Hyper Offense team so running maximum offense in every Pokemon besides Smeargle isn't a bad idea. After Z Conversion Porygon Z reaches to a very good potential to sweep opposing teams, so complimenting the set with extra coverage is probably better. Ice Beam lets you 6-0 Dragon-type teams and put you to an even better position against Flying-type teams. Remember that they are immune to webs so it is a bit tricky to actually bring in Porygon Z safely to setup. It also hits to common Grass-type Pokemon like Tapu Bulu and deals with most Ground-type Pokemon.

Pick yourself a Hidden Power type.

Not really a change but for a while now importable supports you to pick whatever Hidden Power type you desire, instead of relying on your own IV spread. (This is because of Hyper Training, you can get the desired IV then max out everything). You just click on "details" in the teambuilder and choose a Hidden Power type accordingly. Since your spread is HP Fire, it should look like this in the end.
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Hidden Power: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform
This is very minimal but you don't really have to run 30 Atk / 30 SpAtk anymore.

>

I'm actually unhappy about this change myself since Braviary is what you built this team around, even the thread title is "Braviary Normal" so this change is entirely up to you. Feel free to test it or keep the Braviary. I'll just list my reasonings.

• Staraptor's coverage is slightly better. We talk about the same moveset pretty much, but Staraptor hits way too harder with its dual STABs and Close Combat has no real drawbacks as opposed to Superpower.
  • Defiant has limited uses. Smeargle is a suicide lead that gets pressured easily, and you aim to just sacrifice it whenever it does its job by sleeping whatever mon and setting up hazards. Then your opponent just need to Defog once. When they phase out your Braviary then the boost is gone for and will not come back from Defog again and becomes unreliable, while Reckless just 2hkoes most of the tier.
  • Staraptor is faster. Speed is important for HO teams so I'd probably pick the Pokemon with more offense and speed.
Feel free to contact me back if you have any questions to ask and I'll gladly help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)