Braving a Stormy Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first RMT here on smogon and I just wanted to see what people thought of this team.

I've used this team a lot recently and it's track record has turned out well.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Wish

My version of a pretty standard Rachi. Offers very good support with Wish and Body Slam to slow down opponents.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Milo has come in great with Rachi and Ferro to help it slow down those powerful attackers. Haze for those pokemon that need to set up. It can just shut them down. Scald of course for th attacking move and you gotta love the chance of a burn.

Terakion (Terrakion) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

One of my Sweepers, this thing has never let me down.
I chose Air Balloon to prevent ground attacks from pokes like Gliscor, Excadrill, or Dugtrio.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Outrage
- X-Scissor

Scarf is the way I find to best use Haxorous. Rivalry to add even more attack power as many pokes are male and on a scarf Mold Breaker doesn't seem to have as much use for me. With 432 ATK and 439 SPE it tears apart most of the metagame with Outrage alone.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes

Standard Ferro which in tandom with Milo and Rachi provides very good support to the team. Not really much to say.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Standard Hit and Run Latios, not much to say.

I'd prefer if you expanded on your descriptions a little bit. You have some weird spreads and a couple of your mons are missing EVs. That being said, I can help you out with some suggestions right off the bat. Use Close Combat over Sacred Sword on Terrakion. It's a far more useful move, and Terrakion isn't going to be staying alive very long anyways. I also suggest you switch either your Ferrothorn or Jirachi to a Specially Defensive set. Right now, you have a huge weakness to opposing Lati@s and have no way to stop one from destroying you outside of your 2 dragons. I also notice a huge Mamoswine weakness on your team as well. He can hit 3 of your Pokes with high powered STAB/Priority. If your walls get weakend, he could easily come in and sweep your team. Volcarona could also prove extremely destructive to your team. With no Stealth Rocks, the fiery bug could put in some serious work on your team. Maybe try and fit SR somewhere on your Jirachi. You could also try Scarfing your Terrakion, making it easier to revenge kill Pokemon like Volcarona and Mamoswine who could otherwise really put a dent in your core.

To Recap:
Close Combat > Sacred Sword
Specially Defensive Jirachi/Ferro > What you have now
Stealth Rocks on Jirachi

Jirachi and Ferrothorn perform the same role in walling Dragons, you should try and switch one of them for something to cover your weaknesses. Maybe a banded Scizor to gain some momentum with U-Turn or Magnezone to trap opposing steels. Just another thing to think about. Hope I helped. GLB.

Expand your descriptions or this thread will get locked.
Some changes I can see though aree
Scarffed < Specs on Latiios
Close Combat > Sacred Sword on Terrakion
Dual Chop > X-Scissor on Haxorus

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)