everything is funny in retrospect
OP stolen from Freddy Kyogre, BMT taken over from pqs, approved by RosaHey everyone! BMT is making its second return!
(banner by Fusion Flare)
1 | 2 | 3
(banner by Fusion Flare)
1 | 2 | 3
BMT stands for Break My Team, where the idea is that a team is featured each week, and through community input, all kinds of random counters can be found. The only requirement is that the counter 3-0es the team! How doesn't matter, whether its putting on a resist berry or running something crazy like Special Attacking Excadrill, all that matters is that it 3-0es.
Let's set some rules:
- Please be respectful of others on this thread.
- Please provide some basic (but not too extensive) calcs to prove that your counter does indeed "break" the team
- Rolls must be at least 87.5% per turn in the counter's favor. This goes for living and killing, and should open up options a bit more in terms of EV distribution.
- Moves with at least 70% accuracy over the number of turns needed will always count as hitting.
- Secondary effects like burn from Fire Blast will not count as a win condition, except in instance the of stall battles, such as poisoning once with Sludge Wave when it is needed against a bulky target, due to it being most likely to happen over time, or if the secondary effect of the move has a 50% chance or higher of activating, an example being Diamond Storm. (updated 06/09/20)
- 50/50s between two Pokemon means that the featured team does indeed have a way to counter it, and should not count as "countering."
- Pokemon undergoing a suspect test will not be eligible to be a counter, and will also not be able to be a part of a featured team until its suspect test has concluded.
- Please only one counter per post, but a singular person can submit more than one counter per cycle.
- On reservation posts: if you have a Pokemon in reservation for over a week, the post will be deleted by a forum mod, so other people can reserve that Pokemon, too.
- I reserve the right to delete posts that aren't actual counters, but will try and talk to the poster before hand. Also, off-topic posts will be deleted too.
- Teams can come from anywhere! I will be taking any user submitted teams, whether its through discord (I am zio#4846) or through PM on PS!. I'll look at the team and review it, making sure there's not gaping holes, and if it's good, then it will be featured. I do first-come-first-serve, so the earlier you submit, the earlier your team will be featured! Please just remove names of individual Pokemon when submitting.
- The layover time will be 2 weeks, starting today, January 8, 2020. This means the next team will be featured on January 23, 2020.
- You are allowed to submit the same Pokemon as someone else as long as the set is different from theirs. I can delete posts (first talking to the poster though) if they are too similar to each other.
- Lastly, we will have voting for the community's favorite counter to be featured with the team! You can vote by reacting with a "Like" or a "Love" to a post with your favorite counter in it. You can also vote for multiple counters. The winner will be rewarded with 30 Kyubits.
- In the case of a tie, the tied posts will be voted on in a seperate post, based on reactions.
- Do not use Discord “#like-my-post” channels or similar methods to farm illegitimate reactions on your submission. Doing this is subject to a DQ, repeat offenders may receive a blacklist from BMT.