Project Break This Team NatDex edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of these were really hard to pick they're really annoying for rain in general but I decided to go w/ Ferrothorn b/c i feel like it is much easier to fit in on teams then other options

This weeks winner is Solaros & Lunaris with their Kyurem set

:ss/kyurem:
Kyurem @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost
Kyurem is pretty difficult to deal with once it gets a Sub up vs Peli, Ferro or a greedy Mana. It reaches max power Freeze-Dry surprisingly fast because everything except Ferrothorn is weak to Freeze-Dry. You can simply stall Ferro out of Gyro Balls and then overpower it. Something to make this easier would be Magnezone or AshGren, but they dont really need to be submitted here.

---
:ss/sableye-mega::ss/chansey::ss/zapdos::ss/alomomola::ss/clefable::ss/melmetal:
This weeks team is the team which popularized both Stall and Alomomola by HoodedZack !
Click the mons for the import
I'm sure a lot of you have been participating in the NatDex Ladder Tour which is going on currently and are probably facing quite a bit of stall as you get into the higher portions of the ladder, so, this week we will take a look at the quintessential NatDex stall team in order to possibly help people prepare for facing stall on the ladder! Zack's post and explanation detailing the team can be found here. Since it includes a threatlist and stealing those would be boring, your submissions this week must NOT be any Pokemon from the included threatlist.

Reserving Gengar

:ss/gengar:
Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Substitute

Gengar can easily comes in for free against Chansey and then kinda blows the team apart. Doesn't matter too much what passive abusing move you use but Taunt makes fighting Clef a cake walk. Ghostium should be use in order to OHKO Sableye at +2.

+2 252 SpA Gengar Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye-Mega: 342-403 (112.8 - 133%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The only chance this stall has is either focus missing on Melmetal or getting every single predict right via switching between Chansey and M-Sableye.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/clefable:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

So this just lols on this stall once Melmetal takes any amount of chip. Flamethrower KOes nearly all the time at +1, and you receive many setup oppurtunities vs the team. The only issue here might be Unaware Clefable, but that can also be broken through. The rest of the team outright loses.

Last edited:

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/manaphy: :ss/pelipper:
Click the mons to see the sets

Manaphy demolishes any stall team not running Clear Smog Gastrodon, Pyukumuku, or Shedinja, and this is no exception. Waterium Z, in conjunction with Tail Glow and Rain allows Manaphy to blow through Chansey, and nothing else on this team is even close to capable of walling it. It's only hope is to get Unaware Clefable in cleanly without Stealth Rock up AND after the Z-Move has already been used and then Calm Mind after the first Surf...and even then its a damage roll. Everything else on the team gets mowed down by the combination of huge power and Hydration preventing the team from statusing Manaphy. In addition, Rest keeps it healthy so it can do this over and over again.

Pelipper itself really doesn't do much in this matchup, but it provides the Rain Manaphy needs to function, and that's enough. Damp Rock gives eight rain turns instead of five because more Rain=more destruction.

Last edited:
Edit: my dumbass forgot Zack mentioned Vish + Rain in his post. My B.

:sm/kartana:

Kartana @ Normalium Z/ Darkinium Z
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Sacred Sword/Knock Off
-Giga Impact/Smart Strike/Sacred Sword

Kartana can setup on Chansey and then proceed to break at least a majority of the team. Sableye has to take massive damage or risk missing a Wisp if it tries to stay base-form with Prankster, Clef can't take Smart Strike, Z-Giga, or even Leaf Blade that well especially if in conjunction with Knock, and Alomomola just dies to LB. Melm and Zap may be more tricky depending on your coverage options, but Zap doesn't appreciate boosted Knock or Z-Giga and Melm has no recovery to keep eating repeated hits.

Last edited:
Reserving CB Dracovish + Pelipper (since cores are also allowed according to the rules)
CB Vish In rain is quoted as the biggest threat in Hooded Zacks team post and since I am trying to avoid using the mons he listed in his threat list by saying:
Since it includes a threatlist and stealing those would be boring, your submissions this week must NOT be any Pokemon from the included threatlist.
I'd like to not have Vish + Rain here, please, the rest of the threatlist can be found in the post linked in the OP for this week :blobthumbsup:

CB Vish In rain is quoted as the biggest threat in Hooded Zacks team post and since I am trying to avoid using the mons he listed in his threat list by saying:

I'd like to not have Vish + Rain here, please, the rest of the threatlist can be found in the post linked in the OP for this week :blobthumbsup:
Sorry, my bad. Edited it now.

Can't use Vish you say? Call me a madman, but let's go over to it's cousin Dracozolt shall we?

Yes, I know this guy isn't viable anymore, however, one thing that caught my eye on this was the lack of an Electric resistance.

Dracozolt @ Groundium Z/Dragonium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Dracozolt can switch into Chansey, Substitute to prevent getting statused and proceed to Bolt Beak everything in sight as long as the move's PP isn't stalled out, which shouldn't happen since Bolt Beak at the least 2khos just about everything because nothing on this team outspeeds it. (unless you get really unlucky with Hustle.) Fortunately, Z-moves are a blessing to Zolt, as they never miss and provide a one-time nuke that should help your cause. Avoid getting burned by Scald, Wisp or Heat Wave.

Last edited:
Reserving Mawile + Magnezone

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

+

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

or

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Mega Mawile is a huge threat to stall teams. This stall tries to alleviate the issue by running Melmetal. However, Magnezone helps by trapping and killing Melmetal for Mega Mawile which can clean the rest of the team with SD.
Z-Move + Thunderbolt 2HKOS Melmetal, also Specs Tbolt also 2HKOS while Melmetal's body press can't OHKO.
Getting Magnezone in can be a bit risky but double switching or slow pivots like teleport can help this issue

Mawile-M then sets up on chansey and Play Rough Sweeps the entire team. The problem is that zapdos outspeeds and can click heat wave and can burn or crit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)