Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Nihilego's versatility lets it threaten so many things on this team so I started off with a SR set that lures the Defogger in Emp with Electrium Z as well as Kommo-o with Dazzling Gleam and threatens things such as Sylveon and Moltres. Nihil has a weird speed tier and doesn't especially need to tie with other Nihilego so I just crept base 100s and tossed the rest in Def to take Pursuits a bit better. Aware of the fact that both Beedrill and Krookodile can revenge this, and potentially in Krook's case Pursuit trap it, I went with SD Gliscor in the second slot, taking advantage of the defensive core in Sylveon + Empoleon, as well as countering Beedrill and Krookodile. Moltres can threaten Gliscor pretty easily, but Nihilego is the best hard check to that mon in the game, so I wasn't really worried about it. Playing carefully around Krook, Nihilego + Gliscor can easily capitalize on both the dependence of Empoleon as a Defogger and reliance on Krook+Bee to revenge things.

tl;dr Nihilego lures Empoleon and Kommo-o and pressures the rest of the team with rocks and coverage. Gliscor sets up on 2 of the main revenge killers and can sweep

edit: the nihil set does have a suspiciously good matchup is not a cteam but something I've used before as it pressures basically every defogger in the tier besides gliscor

Last edited:
rhyperior.gif
scizor.gif

Rhyperior has a very good m/u against this team, as both as its Defogger cannot come in safely. It keeps up rocks for Scizor to sweep late-game against Mega Beedrill or Sylveon. Though Quick Attack is rare, it's still a very good and underrated set that should be used more. Really not much more to say.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

So just looking at this team, if Terrak can get to +2 Speed it pretty much tears it apart w/o much difficulty. Hippo is here as a mon that can punish Beedrill U-Turns and get rocks up to pressure moltres and pray Scalds from Empo doesnt burn as it fires off Earthquakes. Hippo + Rock type is always a good core as well because of the synergy with Sandstorm :].

s/o GL Volkner

Haxorus.png
Breloom.png

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

With no speed control that can outpace it, and no pokemon to blatantly wall it, Haxorus can run right over this team without opposition if it snags just one DD. However, I also see that Euphonos has given Haxorus very few setup opportunities. So I tried to find a partner that could give it these opportunities while also helping to break the team. I decided that sash tomb Breloom would be the best measure, as the only sleep absorber is Specs Kommo-O, which if choice locked into Sleep Talk could be a very real setup opprotunity for Haxorus, and any other mon trying to catch some Zs is DEFINITELY a setup opprotunity. The sash tomb Loom itself is also a really solid breaker of this team, as it can easily snag a free kill on Bee or Moltres if its sash is maintained. SD even lets it be a wincon in itself if Moltres and Bee are properly played around, or nuked by Haxorus in trying to stop it from setting up.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
As a builder of that team myself, I would like to vote in terms of difficulty of having a back-up plan of my team when all else fails.

PinkDragonTamer ’s core, though extremely rare in my standards, makes it the hardest to switch into due to the set of moves Nihilego has, though Mega Beedrill can handle both of them by virtue of Knock Off removing Gliscor’s Toxic Orb on the switch and eventually losing Facade’s effect. Regardless, this is the core worth treading carefully. :)

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Well, it looks like PinkDragonTamer won this round! Congratulations n_n

PinkDragonTamer - 5
Juuno - 3
Vivalospride - 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our next team comes from good user and player martha!

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- U-turn

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Refresh

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic Spikes

Well, the team is built around Moltres. It's the main breaker and it can threaten Steel-types to support Nihilego and Mega Altaria. Defog support from Serperior helps it come in more often. Late-game, the plan is to set up and sweep with Mega Altaria or clean up with Choice Scarf Nihilego.

Get your submissions in by Thursday, June 7, please!

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Submissions phase will be extended for one additional week, as I will have no internet until next Tuesday. The new deadline is June 7.

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Salazzle (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 24 Def / 244 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Basically Salazzle has a good match-up overall and can find setup opportunities on Serperior, which is pretty much forced to come in once Rhyperior gets rocks up. Rhyperior also helps with being a Moltres switch-in and being able to lure Swampert in and get the damage I need to make sure +2 Hidden Power Grass from Salazzle OHKOes. These two with a good Scizor answer, a good Nihilego switch-in and a better way to revenge Altaria probably would give this team some trouble.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
1528140748374.png
1528140788134.png

fancy chansey (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

muddy buddy (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Earthquake
- Recover

Blissey walls, Nihilego and Moltres. Quagsire walls Scizor and Altaria. Serperior is a problem because it beats Blissey most of the time if Blissey tries to counter. And Scizor's Superpower does badly hurt Quagsire. To totally wall this team, a few other Pokemon need to be added as well as a measure to stop Toxic Spikes.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
1528143478255.png
1528143516792.png

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

This team has only one Sharpedo check in Swampert since Altaria-Mega and Scizor are both offensive and take over 70% from Ice Fang and Crunch respectively. Klefki beats the lone defogger in Serperior, so simply set up layers. force Swampert in a couple times, then sweep with Sharpedo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)