SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

Anyways, holy shit didn't expect the patch to be that big... also interesting to note pokecentro is legit being able to predict the patched music. Just keeping that in mind for next time.
This was a common prediction once we saw the product had midi music as the default, with a huge update waiting in the wings.
Anyways, is there anything added in the patch regarding transferability? The only two things kinda gatekeeping my wallet rn is not being able to move up the fuck ton of sinnoh shinies i already bred for this game in USUM,....and Toxic being difficult to teach anything in gen 8.
I don't think we're going to know this until the Home update in 2022
The game does have the icons for all the other games (the pentagon, the clover, etc) but that on its own doesnt mean anything if Home itself is the stop gap.

Ngl, I thought people were high on Copium for that one.

But wow, they really shipped the game with half of the music being midi placeholders and no intro.

Kinda shocked the game turned out this good, the crunch must've been horrific.
For a time I did cosnider "maybe this is the final music and the trailers were just excerpts" but the music clicked into place fully once i saw the DS Sounds item and I remembered that there were trailers that had full lengths of msot of the songs.
That & remembering that there was only 4.7 GB in the game estimated to be around 10, so...an intro screen & ramanas park was only going to cover so much.

Now movesets. There's the real copium, though we know they have to do something with Feint Attack even if its as simple as removing it

did get some moveset tweaks, just not the way we expected it to. maybe there'll be a few surprises but i wont hold my breath
Yeah, checking the raw differences it seems like most if not all of these are just adding levelup moves the prevos had but the evos didn't for whatever reason to level 1, which also encompasses non-SWSH stone evos like Delcatty actually having levelup moves now. For better or for worse, it seems this new consistency ranges from just missing early moves like Growl on Furret, to also adding moves that the prevos would only learn without evolving, like Shell Smash being learned by Clamperl and now Huntail/Gorebyss just get that at level 1 as well, which is convenient game-wise but a bit weird. Prinplup/Empoleon finally learn Pound now to be consistent with Piplup, and Monferno gets Flamethrower/Nasty Plot at Level 1.

Marill gets Splash which takes the one thing Azurill had over it aside from egg moves, so I guess that's a possible legality difference where you can have Marill-exclusive egg moves with Splash. Also I just noticed Marill's SWSH learnset with its bloated level 1 moves and I am baffled that Rollout is blocked by a relearner all because it has 30 base power.

Poison Powder @ 1
Worry Seed @ 1
Giga Drain @ 1
Growth @ 1
Toxic @ 1
Spore @ 1
Overall Breloom definitely won this patch finally getting Spore without having to be a Shroomish, and also Toxic even though it still doesn't get the TM.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
okay people, pack it up, best song in the soundtrack is here

You have a very good taste in music, but there's one better.

https://vocaroo.com/1htSvKDdOHtz

I think it's for Ramanas Park's Legends and something about it gives me Mystery Dungeon vibes.

I think they're being a little too faithful at this point
I started to think think being faithful was almost a meme when I thought something was "too faithful" four or five times ago, but Registeel... Uh, yeah... way too faithful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)