BRING OU CLEAR SKY BACK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to the good old OU play list that you could play without having to worry about EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED WEATHER TEAMS? Normally it would be O.K. for there to be a few that you encountered, but the servers of Pokemon Showdown! are flooded with people using rain, sand, and sun teams. The release of the Black and White Generation games brought about the two dreaded abilities for Drought Ninetales and Drizzle Politoed, and has effectively transformed the entire metagame into what seems like the Weather Channel. ALL I'M ASKING IS TO AT LEAST BRING BACK A CLEAR SKY PLAY LIST FOR OU. The current OU play list can stay, but if the moderators of Pokemon Showdown! could at least provide an alternative to the weather infested OU play list, i believe many people would appreciate it. I can't imagine it taking much effort to do, and i was told that if a necessary level of support was gathered for this cause, the cause could become a reality. I'm sorry for the caps lock, but it's hard to get a new thread started and i would love for as many people to see this as possible. For all of you who have read this and considered this, thank you very much! Now Please leave a comment below or other suggestions so the word can spread of a OU clear sky play list. Who is with me???

Yeah I've felt this was quite necessary for a while now. I don't want to be forced to use weather just because that's the only way I'll get any wins. But, honestly, I don't see much we can do about it.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clear skies was, to my knowledge, was implemented on the simulator for a time but was removed due to dismal popularity.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
We had a "Clear Skies" ladder on our PO server for a while. It had almost no battles. "Clear Skies" is something people like to whine a lot for and then ignore once it's actually implemented, so no, we will not implement such a ladder again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)