Bringing the party (my OU team)

Hello forum, this my first RMT but i have been playing competitive since DPP but took a really long break (started again on BW2) so you can say i still dont know anything lol. A lot has changed since DPP, like Ambipom is no longer the go-to man with the plan to lead your OU team (along with machamp, lol) and im still getting used to all the changes. I just bought a 3ds finally and plan to breed a team which is why i really need help in making this team better because if its just a pile of trash made by a blind kid who just started pokemon ,then im not gonna breed it. keep in mind i dont like legendaries since i dont actually have any and all the kids in GTS all ask for more legendaries lol.

So lets get started on the team, all the teams i made were trash when i started on XY OU. This one happened to bring me the most success since i won a lot more games and barely lost any, but then again i could have been playing noobs as well so thats why im here.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
Nature: Naive
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

This guy right here i usually use as a lead. Switching my around a lot i somehow ended with this but im not so sure about keeping him as he usually sits on the pokebench most games. If im using venusaur as a lead instead ill bring this guy in on a pokemon that will be forced to switch out, like skarmory or ageslash not wanting to stay in on an earthquake/Fire Blast and then i put some nice rocks on the field. Fire blast helps with ferrothorn as if most people have one will lead to get early rocks in too.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
Evs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Sometimes i will lead with this guy if the opposing team has smeargle or breloom, and this will stop all the sleeping from going on, which is always good. Venusaur is one hell of a tank, and has reliable recovery to keep him healthy before i switch him out. The EV spread is there to make sure he shuffles his tree thing faster than Adamant Azumarill. He also lures out Mega Charizard which is always good so i can get him out of the game sooner.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP
Nature: Bold
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

The only thing i have to take care of Mega Charizard. I usually lure him out with Venusaur when i predict the switch to Charizard i switch to this, Toxic and then stall it out this usually gets the job done. She does her job well, Walling special attacks and providing team support. I try to avoid those with knock off as that could be a problem if she loses her eviolite.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

This is the man right here. Although this is the standard belly drum set, This thing hits like a champ. Azumarill is so cute and little but can hammer though your whole team in the late game. There isn't much to say about this one, because everyone knows what he does and we will just leave it at that. He does have his flaws though with this set is that if ferrothorn is still in the game that can be a problem. Other physical steel walls in general should be wiped clean before this guy starts slapping his belly. Also can revenge kill if the opponent is low on health with Aqua jet.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

Talonflame is the man i mostly use to revenge kill; Along with every other person that uses him lol. This one is one of my favorites as it has priority Brave Bird. Flare Blitz is for coverage, U-turn for scouting or i could roost if im low on health but idk, i know im banded. He isnt the star sweeper anyway but i dont know what to put.

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 88 Atk / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Autotomize
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Iron Head/Sacred Sword

Aegislash is usually my late game sweeper. I chose the Automize set over the swords dance because now i can chose any move and sweep and not worry about taking damage if being forced to use shadow sneak on the swords dance set. Im not sure about the last move im trying sacred sword right now and i might like that more since its the only fighting move out of my entire team lol.

Well that is my team. Thanks for reading and i hope i get suggestions because i would like to start breeding .

Import:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 88 Atk / 168 Spd
Rash Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Autotomize
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sacred Sword

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Hey, I'm here to give a few thoughts to your team. If you commonly use Garchomp as a lead, I would suggest you give it Focus Sash, as to make sure you always get Rocks up. Rocky Helmet might be better though, as since you have no way to remove hazards, the Focus sash can't be preserved to later revenge-killing duties. I wouldn't personally use Sleep Powder on M-Venusaur, as I hate the accuracy, and M-Venusaur has other more reliable moves at its disposal. Leech Seed is always a good option to use when opponent is switching out, or to win certain 1on1-scenarios. Also, HP Fire is a good lure to hit hard Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory. You didn't specify what M-Charizard you were taking care of with Chansey, X or Y, but I reckon Y, as Chansey isn't a very good answer to X, although X loses quite a lot of health if it tries to Flare Blitz Chansey. Your Azumarill definitely wants to invest in Speed, as otherwise you are too reliant on Aqua Jet, and even that is resisted by quite a lot of things. 252 Atk / 252 Spd is the most optimal spread, as with that you aren't outsped by practically everything in OU, and even though you could take a few hits, I think it's better to avoid them altogether. And as the poster above me said, Adamant is the nature you want on Talonflame, he needs all the power he can get. Also, I believe Tailwind is infinitely better than Roost on Talonflame, as it makes your otherwise slow team quite a lot speedier. Also, I wouldn't bother with Autotomize Aegislash. It's only good against offensive teams, but you become so weak defensively after you start attacking, and still lack in power to get necessary OHKOes. I would either suggest a different set for Aegislash, or just another lategame sweeper. Also what your team needs is a Defog / Rapid spin user, as Talonflame can't function at all without it. I think Mew could function well as a Defogger, as it is quite bulky, and can also check Bisharp effectively with W-o-W. Good luck teambuilding!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)