Ability: Illusion
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Throat Chop
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance
i love gimmicks. TR05 is ice beam and TR55 is flare blitz. you can honestly run whatever TR you want, and you can even bait people into thinking you're using your TR for a move that you normally learn, like SD on the physical set or NP on the special set. be warned: zoroark kind of sucks.

252 SpA Zoroark Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 204-240 (63.5 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <-- low key depressing
+2 252 Atk Zoroark Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 338-398 (84.5 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <-- profoundly disappointing

gimmicks will be gimmicks.

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Are YOU scared of Regigigas?
Are YOU tired of being Skill Swapped and swept?

Mimikyu @ TR53
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Taunt / Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Mimikyu is, by all accounts, an excellent Regigigas counter. Disguise lets it block Skill Swap, and Close Combat does massive damage. You can freely Swords Dance turn 1, too, which lets you either force it out or OHKO it.

• +2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Regigigas: 486-572 (114.6 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +0 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Regigigas: 244-289 (57.5 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Countering Regigigas isn't this thing's only job, otherwise you'd just run Aegislash. Ghost/Fairy is a good typing offensively and defensively, Close Combat is an amazing coverage choice to beat down the tier's pretty passive steels, and Disguise guarantees at least one free hit. Taunt is also useful to prevent setup sweepers from blazing through the rest of your team, and when combined with other taunt users, can be a useful stallbreaking tool. I personally pair it with TR30 Corviknight and TR37 Tyranitar to form a really nice balance core. Team coming soon.

A few Mimikyu Calcs; this isn't a premier offensive mon, keep in mind, this is just added on to being a foolproof Regigigas and Excadrill counter.
  • +2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 209-247 (67.2 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 198-233 (49.5 - 58.2%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 798-941 (221 - 260.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 265-315 (65.5 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +1 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 242-286 (75.8 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zapdos: 339-399 (105.6 - 124.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 387-458 (81.8 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:ss/shuckle:
Shuckle @ TR99 (Body Press)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk
- Iron Defense
- Rest

Was thinking about this. Coballion ends up dealing a little less damage with STAB, and... yeah. Late game sweeper but you have to take care of the obvious ghost-types/special attackers. Get's screwed by ditto.
I think you would be better off replacing Iron Defense with Shell Smash and going Contrary with this thing, so you can buff both defenses. Not sure how good it would be (probably C or so). Since you're running rest, chances are you're planning on playing against mons that won't be OHKOing you. In my opinion, Sturdy just isn't really worth it for surviving one hit. I would also recommend investing into special defense if you'd insist on running Iron Defense over Contrary; you're going to want it to be strong because you have no way of boosting it.

looks fun :toast:
please post replays of this tier if you all have any
interested in seeing the tier in action
1 tr team (i made a better one since then but i keep it secret)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1608956371-0aht7dse74puuxopj4mu99uhpgdm9kbpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1608969094-vfh0lqx3sg7iwfta1wkenof9viy92g4pw vs stall who haxxed me but then i rehaxxed
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1608978133-53j4obrp46khn0ffl4i845blcufrbc7pw encoring the flare blitz to give recoil

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
:SS/Buzzwole:
Buzzwole @ TR51 (Dragon Dance)
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Leech Life
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide

Buzzwole @ TR18 (Leech Life)
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 180 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch / Rock Slide
- Drain Punch

So the Buzz is kinda crazy in this meta (shiny Buzz named Vilgax specifically). I think Buzzwole's biggest asset in this meta is the insane physical bulk, especially with the lack of boosting items such as LO or CB. It can be a bit MU dependent, but given how popular things like Melmetal, Urshifu-Rapid, or Sand are, Buzzwole is usually able to do something against most teams since it can almost always tank a hit. Dragon Dance doesn't require much explanation. You boost up and snowball with Beast Boost. Jolly lets you speedtie with Zeraora, which doesn't remotely threaten you (Plasma Fists is a 3HKO), and outspeed and OHKO Dragapult with Ice Punch. I like having Rock type coverage for things like Zapdos and Volcarona. Earthquake is a very viable option (might even be better) since +1 Ice Punch is a guaranteed OHKO on Offensive Zapdos with SR up (43% otherwise) and +1 EQ can kill Tapu Broko and Volc (with SR up). I prefer to run the Rock coverage since I have the worst luck known to man when it comes to Static and Flame Body. Stone Edge at +1 lets you OHKO Bulky Zap under SR and you always OHKO Volc even through screens.

The other set is one I run under screens. The EV's allow you to live Brave Bird from Adamant Lando-T with Stealth Rock up 100% of the time with Reflect/Veil up. Other than that, you can set substitute up on practically any physical attacker. Melmetal or Flare Blitz Excadrill come to mind. They can still break your sub under screens if they get max rolls, so the bulk could be increased but I'll take the chances if it means I can snowball Atk boosts. Speaking of which, the EV's allow you to gain Atk boosts from Beast Boost. The Speed EV's... I don't know. I don't really know my Speed tiers to be honest, so I just threw 'em in in hopes that it'll speedcreep anything. You could move those elsewhere since sometimes having slow substitutes might be better. The aforementioned calcs are without any Def boosts and is purely from Buzzwole's insane bulk under screens. It gets even crazier with even a single Bulk Up. I have Leech Life as the TR since things like Poltergeist or Frisk exist, and they get pretty much no information as to what set you're running since Leech Life is commonly ran on Buzzwole anyways. You can run either Ice Punch or Rock Slide depending on what mons annoy you more. Rock Slide allows you to not be complete set-up fodder for Volc, but Ice Punch generally is better from what I've seen since you can pop things like Lando-T or all the Dragons running around, as well as that juicy 10% Freeze chance. But I think the most important thing is here is making sure that your Buzzwole is both Shiny and named Vilgax. Buzzwole is not anywhere near as good as it would be if it were mutant green or named after a villain from a children's cartoon.

More fun with "What if Melmetal but fast":

Melmetal @ TM70 (Trick Room)
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

There's probably a better EV spread (32 HP survives a CC from 252+ Buzzwole after rocks), but the point is OTR Double Iron Bash. =)

https://pokepast.es/8e844538fb8038e2

I just want to throw here this team.
I literally started saying F you to Pelipper. Mantine only real reason is to kill that crap, because weather is an irritating strategy and Rain is luckly the only thing I've encountered. Thunder always kills the bird, then you can happily still lose to the rest of their team, but at least you will have lured the birb to death. There is also no way to outspeed Thundurus after an Icy Wind, not even max at speed. Killing it with Icy Wind + rain boosted Scald is also not possible, as it is not possible survive a Thunder from it.
So, if anyone else knows the perfect counter to (one of the) crappy strategies that I personally hate with the entirety of my being, I'll gladly accept a set or two.

The rest of the team is mons that I wanted to try, to be honest. Koko was in place of Ditto, but Play Rough didn't work that well so it got switched. Great choice.
Weavile has Fire Blitz because it's extremely potent, as the mon hates Corviknight and in general steel types that can survive its blows. There is usually not more than one of those in the team, so it won't usually die to fire blitz.
Corviknight is not that good in a meta where everyone has Fire Blitz as coverage, but whatever, I'm not a good player and teambuilder so I went with what I know as the best defogger. And it's still nice enough.
Buzzwole, tbh, is a random mon. I needed a physical wall. Poison Jab is there to hit faeries, but it's not a 2hko on Clefary (for example) so it's really bad. But I don't know what to change it with, so for now it stays. It's a cool mon against Regi and Malmetal, though! It usually stops them both, bar some luck from the Malmetal User + bad plays from us (at +2 DIB is a 2hko)
Volcarona is another cool mon I wanted to try. Earth Power is there for the apparently not existent Heatran, but it's cool for random rock types too. Fiery Dance because +1 spatk is nice, Psychic because (the nonexistent) Toxapex is a horrible mon. QD is mandatory, Roost is also a recommended choice because I like to keep my opponent's problem's healthy.

Is it a good team? Well, refer to the comment in the pokepast.
But I'm having fun with it, albeit faeries are a pain in the neck to kill rn.

Wreck it, change it, whatever it. If you also want to talk about the changes you did, cool. I mainly wanted to write it down so I can think about other mons.

looks fun :toast:
please post replays of this tier if you all have any
interested in seeing the tier in action
some replays of slightly edited versions of the team I posted earlier

Ice Beam Tapu Koko version replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1608516807-gjhatlik1bm5qx4yd91x74wwtpl0qhapw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1608484871-w456i18ij5j0xcewi43upgtt6pgswsgpw

Nasty Plot Dragapult version replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1609143633-pdwf9ryplehk7q5okkz1i707wlk85kjpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1609689596-f3ib686zqgj3dno3ih3le91jlrywmytpw
Just realized these replays are mostly melm and ursh steamrolling everything lol

Edit: bonus replays that aren’t just melm and ursh steamrolling everything

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1609727851-9mhbaotlj3qp7ly1yz3vdl71e9ec0r2pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8brokenrecord-1609730415-8x46m8ga4japr1y50jlb3fdunf2a1ihpw

Last edited:
Aerodactyl @ TR66
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Blast / Stone Edge / Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Psychic Fangs
- Brave Bird

Surprised this hasn't come up yet.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
More fun with "What if Melmetal but fast":

Melmetal @ TM70 (Trick Room)
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

There's probably a better EV spread (32 HP survives a CC from 252+ Buzzwole after rocks), but the point is OTR Double Iron Bash. =)
You cant equip TMs this gen, only TRs, as TM work like key items now (and have been like that since gen V).
TR 70 is Flash Cannon and there is no reason for Flash Cannon Melmetal.

Thank you all for your feedback on the meta so far! Council has discussed, and we've deemed Rillaboom, Dragapult, Melmetal, Zeraora, and TR51 Dragon Dance as the elements most worthy of attention and a potential ban. This time, before taking a quick ban vote, we’d like to hear from the community: your thoughts and whether you think one (or all) of these things deserve to be banned. We’ll come to a decision by Thursday, July 7th, but until then please let us know what you think!

ponchlake

Thank you all for your feedback on the meta so far! Council has discussed, and we've deemed Rillaboom, Dragapult, Melmetal, Zeraora, and TR51 Dragon Dance as the elements most worthy of attention and a potential ban. This time, before taking a quick ban vote, we’d like to hear from the community: your thoughts and whether you think one (or all) of these things deserve to be banned. We’ll come to a decision by Thursday, July 7th, but until then please let us know what you think!
I previously made a post on Kartana. Then boom, it got quickbanned. I also previously made a post highlighting how powerful DD Buzzwole is, and now DD is on the chopping block. Therefore the prophetic nature of my posts will surely mean everything I'm about to say is going to happen. Totally not just correlation.. I just predict these things. Anyways quick thoughts from me:

Rillaboom: Ban - Flashbacks to Sketchmons Rillaboom except it now has an additional move. Boom feasts on the current HO-centric meta. Though I am potentially worried about how good Rain teams will be if Boom goes, but you can't really check broken things with other broken stuff. The Boom is too strong IMO.
Dragapult: Ban - UT already made a most about this, but it has too many good sets. You're never entirely sure what it has until it's right in front of you clicking its move.
Melmetal: Ban - It's too bulky and too strong with perfect coverage and the ability to set-up. I feel that it can get past any supposed check to it too easily or at the very least do enough to enable your mons in the back.
Zeraora: Abstain - I don't run into this thing enough to have an informed opinion on it, nor have I used it in more than 2 games. Although I will say that a mon with perfect coverage and the ability to run multiple different sets very well is a recurring theme here, and I'm in favor of banning every other mon. I could totally see this thing getting banned and would be fine with that.
TR51 Dragon Dance: Ban - Too many mons can run this extremely well, especially since a lot of mons that run DD can also run Swords Dance. It also doesn't help that you'll see multiple mons on a team that will want to run either Dragon Dance or Swords Dance, so you're left guessing. That's not a great thing since you can lose to Dragon Dance at the drop of a hat.

Last edited:
I have little experience with Rillaboom and Dragapult, so I'm not able to give feedback on those. I had little problem with them (and In the case of Rilla, i battled it only once), but I'm a low ladder player, it might have been luck or something along those lines.
I have used Zeraora with Spikes. Didn't try anything else. It forces switches, but I also didn't find my opponents struggling to check it/counter it. Again, it might be me XD
Melmetal: I decided to use Buzzwole as my physical wall, so Melmetal (and Regi, after skill swap) was not THAT much of a problem. But it still hits HARD, and at +2 it 2hkos Buzz with DiB (and with the flinch chance, that's easy.) It prevents so many mons from being used because, while they might be decent walls, they lose to it. I don't see that much counterplay existing.
I have no opinions on DD, I like the move and It didn't feel that bad playing against it, but I can definitely see why it's problematic.

Last edited:

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I have a lot of opinions on the metagame, but these are some of the things I'm most opinionated on. Everything on the chopping block is undoubtedly highly good, the question just comes down to whether they force you to take them into account in the teambuilder to an unhealthy degree. I'm usually pro-adaptation instead of pro-ban, and this helps form my opinion, but I'll try not to let my personal biases get in the way.

• RILLABOOM: Abstain - I haven't played against it enough to be confident either way. Rillaboom in general ends up being very good or very bad in OMs, in my experience, and while it seems we're towards the really good end, I can't confidently say /how/ good.

• DRAGAPULT: Ban - This thing does everything. It can run a lot of TRs on a lot of sets. Versatility isn't the end all be all, otherwise Mew would still be in ubers. The main concern with Dragapult is its stat spread combined with that versatility. It can hit hard on both ends, invest in just enough bulk to live specific hits, and still run circles around your team. It's not limited to just TRs, either, though it obviously appreciates them a lot. Specs and Banded Dragapult have both popped up on the ladder, and with knock off incredibly limited, it's unlikely you'll have a consistent answer to these more powerful but less versatile sets.

• MELMETAL: Ban - Melmetal has very few consistent checks. It can run coverage for almost everything, and it's very bulky and strong to take advantage of this unpredictability. You think your Buzzwole or Corviknight counters? Nope, it has Flare Blitz. You think your Regigigas can come in and Skill Swap it? Nope, it has Close Combat. You think you can check it with a fast fire type? Nope, it's AV and has Earthquake. BR is about patching up movepools, but there's a difference between a patch and a steroid injection.

• ZERAORA: Abstain - Exactly what Ponchlake said.
    I don't run into this thing enough to have an informed opinion on it, nor have I used it in more than 2 games. Although I will say that a mon with perfect coverage and the ability to run multiple different sets very well is a recurring theme here, and I'm in favor of banning every other mon. I could totally see this thing getting banned and would be fine with that.
  • TR51: Do Not Ban - Dragon Dance is very good. Dragon Dance is pretty splashable. Dragon Dance is still only +1 in two stats. Haze still exists. The best abuser, Melmetal, is on the chopping block. It's not a problem, yet.

:pika:Ive used most of these elements (except for zera) so I’m gonna post my opinions on them

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom:Ban
Not so sure about this one, on one hand, rilla with fire coverage go brrr. On the other hand, flare blitz recoil is really annoying(although slightly offset by terrain), Rilla can struggle breaking through things like zapdos and volcarona(although it can tech stone edge to beat them), and it kinda relies on setup rn(as if you’re not ohkoing them in this meta, they probably ohko you back lol). Ulimately I’m gonna vote ban because Rilla can just ko or heavily chunk almost everything after a swords dance, and it can just u turn out on stuff that troubles it.

:SS/dragapult:
Dragapult:Ban
As many have already stated, pult is really versatile, with special nasty plot sets and physical dragon dance sets being threatening enough on their own, along with a myriad of other sets that pult can run, but when they’re all on the same mon, it’s simply too hard to account for in the builder.

:ss/melmetal:
Melmetal:Ban
Stupid broken, after an attack boost or two, it can ko almost everything in the meta, and if it can’t it can just flinch through it with double iron bash since it outspeeds most things after a boost or two. Not much more to say, as seen in the replays I posted, melm can kinda just wreck everything with its combination of good coverage and great power.

:ss/zeraora:
Zeraora:Abstain
Haven’t used this too much, I’ve seen it a bit but most of the time it’s done nothing. In theory seems pretty good, but theory isn’t good enough so just gonna abstain.

:tr51:
TR51(Dragon Dance):Do Not Ban
In theory it’s really good, and it is definitely really splashable, but I just haven’t seen enough evidence of it being broken(besides melm but melm is broken anyways). Wouldn’t be surprised if this is broken down the line, but for now I’m voting DNB.

ponchlake

Heading to church to pray for Dragapult's downfall so that best Ghost type, Gengar, can rise up.

gengar.gif

Gengar
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower / Earth Power / Ice Beam / Aura Sphere / Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Once Dragapult and Melmetal are gone, I feel that Gengar will get a lot better. Dragapult for obvious reasons, and Melmetal because I feel that Gengar no longer needs the coverage for it. I also think that with Melmetal being gone, we could see a rise in bulky Fairies like Clefable, Tapu Fini, or Hatterene with Cosmic Power or Iron Defense/Amnesia, and Gengar does great against those mons. Coverage to hit Steel types is always going to be good here, but I feel that Gengar can do without and run whatever your team needs. I like the idea of a fast Ice Beam since it pops so many of the Dragons or Lando-T's running around, as well as the fact that some of those mons can just tank +2 Shadow Ball and set-up in your face. It definitely lacks the versatility and coverage that Dragapult has, but I think it makes up for it by having Taunt naturally. Taunt is just that powerful in this meta IMO. Encore is also another powerful option since it allows you to completely shutdown bulkier mons and teams. Personal bias for Gengar aside, I like the idea of a mon that set-up and threaten a sweep, deter set-up, and shutdown fat.

Alright this is one has about an 80% chance to be a complete meme, but Mienshao sounds pretty good on paper.

mienshao.gif

Mienshao @ TR86 (Wild Charge)
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn / Poison Jab / Taunt

So our boy, Mienshao, still managed to struggle with 4MSS in a meta that is supposed to help with that. The very original idea of this is that it sets up and hits hard. Hazards really helps Mienshao out with damage (as they do with every other mon), as SR gives gives you a chance to OHKO Toxapex and Slowbro with Wild Charge. The main selling point here is that +2 HJK just straight up chunks things or one shots a lot of things. Wild Charge is there to let it chunk or kill its otherwise counters in Fini, Bro, or Pex. Stone Edge is for Volcarona and Zapdos. The last moveslot is up in the air. Poison Jab lets you actually hit Fairies, and Taunt means that you don't autolose to Buzzwole or Lando-T setting up in your face along with the usual perks of Taunt. U-turn is the move I like the most since it lets you pivot into Tapu Koko, which seems like the perfect partner for Mienshao. It threatens all of the aforementioned checks with BoltBeam, as well as providing Electric Terrain so that you just outright one shot bulky waters at +2 without hazards. You are going to have to run something to check bulky setup mons though if you opt out of Taunt for U-turn (Buzzwole, Lando-T, bulky Fairies). Ditto comes to mind for the first two, but I am not sure for bulky fairies at the moment. That might not even be a problem we have, but that's just theorycrafting for you.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to go with Ban on Melmetal. It's overpowered enough that I've barely fought any teams without it, and I've been broken by every one of them.

Dragapult I'm not gonna necessarily vote on, but I wouldn't be sad to see it go.

Rillaboom and Dragon Dance are Do Not Ban, at least at this time. If they're still a major problem with Melmetal and Dragapult gone, then yeah, ban them then, but not preemptively.

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom: BAN
Considering that the defensive answers to Rilla are not as common due to the offensive nature of the meta, this thing is just too easy to slot into every good team. Is a threat with STAB GGlide to offense, gets the coverage with the fifth move to break fat. Absolutely negates any and all rain teams. Would ban myself, but I can see reasons to keep it as well. Not as polarized on this as I am on the other things mentioned.

:SS/dragapult:
Dragapult: BAN
Stupid good. Since there is no way to know what kind of Pult youre facing on team preview, you have no clue how to play and what to preserve to keep a chance of not getting swept by DD, SD or Plot. The rare Choice item also gives a surprise factor that's not really called for on a mon this versatile.

:ss/melmetal:
Melmetal: BAN. JUST BAN.
SD and win. There is nothing besides the otherwise useless Quag that can take this thing on. SD Mel is at least one guaranteed kill in any game with the insane bulk it has, and defensive options that COULD live attacks do absolutely nothing in return. This has to go.

:ss/zeraora:
Zeraora: Do not ban
It's frustrating, yes, but I dont think Zera is BROKEN and banworthy currently. Setup options still lack coverage a bit, and I feel keeping a mon this good around will diversify the meta into other options besides TR items as well. The broken nature that some feel possibly stems from the unbeatable speed, but once the meta settles down and scarf/helmet/etc become more commonplace people won't feel this is all that menacing.

:tr51:
TR51(Dragon Dance): BAN
Yeah this is just a bit silly to give to every mon. This is also a must have on every single team since it's just THAT GOOD. The extra prepwork that goes into considering which offensive option might set up and outspeed and OHKO your chipped up team is not good to keep around. Definitive ban.

ponchlake

So it looks like there is a consensus among the community posts that Rillaboom is broken in the current Broken Record meta. I'm pretty much expecting it to get banned (otherwise this post is going to be incredibly redundant), which is why I wanna gauge people's opinions on Rain. It's going to be almost entirely speculative since the bans have not even happened yet, been implemented, nor have we had time to actually play post-ban. But I wanted to make this post preemptively and open a discussion because I've found Rain to be quite strong in BR's HO meta even with Rillaboom strongarming it. With Rillaboom and Eleki being gone, I feel that Rain could become incredibly strong in the meta post-ban. With me, I feel that there is nothing inherently broken or banworthy with Rain; it just does incredibly well in the HO meta. As the post above me mentioned, we could see an increase of non-TR items such as AV or scarf that help to deal with future meta threats, or the meta could simply slowdown. Very preemptive post, but I wanna hear what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)