Bronzor

[Overview]

<p>With respectable bulk thanks to Eviolite and one of the greatest defensive typing and ability combinations in NU, Bronzor is very easy to fit on most dedicated stall teams. When using Levitate, it is left with only a Fire-type weakness, which happens to be one of the least common attacking types in the metagame. This trait allows Bronzor to wall a giant chunk of NU, including many top threats that stall teams have trouble with, such as Jynx and Golurk. However, do not think you can just slap Bronzor on any stall team and expect a victory. It needs plenty of entry hazard, cleric, and defensive support to properly thrive, as its pathetic offenses, reliance on Rest for recovery, and tendency to be used as setup fodder will disappoint you.</p>

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Rest
move 3: Flash Cannon
move 4: Toxic / Sleep Talk
item: Eviolite
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Bronzor possesses the great ability to wall both sides of the offensive spectrum, with Calm Mind patching up its lacking Special Defense. Luckily, with its typing and Levitate, Bronzor usually finds no trouble setting up on common Pokemon such as Golurk, Piloswine, Golurk, and Kangaskhan. It also makes Bronzor immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and gives it a resistance to Stealth Rock, allowing it to switch in very often. Flash Cannon is the preferred STAB attack because of its safer coverage with all of the Dark-type Pokemon rampant in NU, but it won't do much damage unless Bronzor has acquired many boosts. Rest is the only recovery move it can learn, but luckily Bronzor's bulk is good enough that it can take multiple hits easily after setting up. Toxic is the better choice for the last moveslot, as even at +6, Bronzor's weak Special Attack keeps it from doing much damage to most bulky Pokemon. Sleep Talk can be used instead of Toxic so that it fares better against Jynx and setup sweepers; with this, however, Toxic Spikes support is necessary and Bronzor misses out on poisoning Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Although Flash Cannon is the preferred STAB, if extra coverage suits you when facing Charizard, Water-types, and Electric-types, Psychic could be used instead, but a strong Bug-type partner, such as Scolipede, or a strong Fighting-type partner, such as Sawk, would be needed to eliminate the Dark-types that would wall Bronzor, and those Pokemon take away from the stall playstyle where Bronzor thrives. The EVs give Bronzor the best chance to take two of Jynx's Focus Blasts before setting up and maximize its physical bulk. If Sleep Talk is used, Scolipede, Roselia, or Garbodor is the best partner for setting up Toxic Spikes. With Rest, a cleric such as Audino or Misdreavus is highly recommended to wake it up. Bronzor will also need a Pokemon to take any immediate special attacks threatening it; Zweilous can take all of the Fire, Water, and Electric attacks that could break through Bronzor before it boosts.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Despite being blessed with an amazing movepool, Bronzor fails to use almost any of its moves effectively. It can use dual screens, but it cannot hold both Light Clay and Eviolite, making it outclassed. The same goes for Sunny Day and Rain Dance as well, as it cannot hold an Eviolite and a Heat Rock or Damp Rock at the same time. Bronzor has access to many great offensive moves such as Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, and Grass Knot, but it lacks the offenses and moveslots to use any of them successfully. Some cool support moves Bronzor can learn are Imprison, Trick Room, Swagger, and Bulldoze, but they also have trouble fitting in one of its moveslots. The most viable other option Bronzor could use would be a Stealth Rock set, as the only way it would be forced out before it could set up is by Taunt or a rare Fire-type. However, Metang shares Bronzor's typing and has better offenses, so it is the preferable choice for this role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The easiest way to beat Bronzor is to strike its weaker Special Defense before it can get any boosts with strong, super effective Fire-type attacks from Pokemon such as Charizard, Water-type attacks from Pokemon such as special Samurott, or Electric-type attacks from Pokemon such as Eelektross. If a few Calm Mind boosts have already been acquired, strong physical setup sweepers, including Swords Dance Samurott and Shell Smash Carracosta, are best to break through Bronzor's constant Defense stat. Other effective methods of shutting it down include Pokemon with Trick and a Choice item, such as Jynx and Rotom-S; phazers (if Bronzor is not the last Pokemon left) such as Bastiodon, Riolu, Lickilicky, and Zweilous; and Taunt users such as Liepard, Misdreavus, and Samurott. In addition, Steel- and Poison-type Pokemon are immune to Toxic, but unless they have reliable coverage moves, they won't be able to hurt Bronzor.</p>

Skeleton said:
Zebraiken said:
If you intend to reserve an NFE Pokemon that does not exist on this list or to write up a new set, you do not need to post here. Simply post your skeleton when it is ready, and be sure to include vigorous reasoning behind the usage of this Pokemon or set (logs/replay links would be excellent). Also, be aware that if said NFE Pokemon has an evolution that's currently in NU, I will be incredibly hard-pressed to actually approve it.
I don't think it will be too hard for Bronzor to earn its analysis with its successful fitting into the meta. I have seen good players use Bronzor in stall and it definitely works.

I have two sets now, but i can see them being blended and moving SR to AC, but the fact that Bronzor can beat most SR users with its typing/resistances proves to me that it deserves both sets. Nevertheless, if multiple people believe they should be mushed, by all means just say so.

[Overview]
  • fit best for stall teams (Great defensive typing, abilitys, and bulk with eviolite)
  • Safe Jynx check
  • Grand movepool that it cannot use
  • Resttalk is only source of recovery
  • No offensive pressure to start, and very little after calm mind
  • Loads of resistances allow it to switch in a lot
  • Resists SR, immune to spikes and toxic spikes (with Levitate), and the ability to not be poisoned make it very hard to wear down
  • Setup fodder
[SET]
move 4: Sleep Talk
ivs: 0 Att

[SET COMMENTS]
  • No trouble setting up
  • After a few CMs its bulk gets crazy strong
  • Won't be able to hurt much without many boosts
  • RestTalk is the only form of recovery (always has a chance to fail you)
  • NEEDS Toxic Spikes support so it has a reason to stall stuff (Roselia, Scolipede, Garbodor)
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • 0 attack ivs for less Foul Play/Confusion damage
  • Can safely come in on physical attacks, but cannot take many special attacks without the boosts
  • Needs backup special sponge (Specially defensive Zweilous resists fire :))
  • fits into many teams because of its typing
  • Needs teammates to compensate for the lack of coverage (bug-types like Scolipede handle dark-types and psychic-types that can handle psychic/Ground-types like Golurk that can handle Steel- and Electric-types that can take flash cannon.
  • Needs Heal Bell support (Misdreavus / Audino) to wake it up.
  • Psychic could be used instead of Flash Cannon, but it is terrible mono-coverage with all dem Dark-type Pokemon. Although, it will more Pokemon harder (Charizard, Waters, Electrics)
[Other Options]
  • Not much
  • A Stealth Rock set is viable, and with its typing/ability it can only be forced out by Fire-types and Taunt, but Metang is preferred because of its offenses/bigger SpD
  • EQ or Zen Headbutt for physical coverage (but no offenses to pull it off)
  • Charge Beam, Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot for special coverage (but no offenses to pull it off)
  • Weather but outclassed
  • Dual Screens but outclassed
  • Cool support moves like Imprison, Trick room, Swagger, and Bulldoze
  • Heatproof but sucks
[Checks and Counters]
  • Immediate Fire-type coverage (Zard, Simisear, Eel)
  • Strong Electric- and Water-type physical STABs break through (SD Samurott, CB Eel, Carracosta)
  • Strong Electric- and Water-type special STABs will do serious damage before a Calm Mind, but after a few CMs they won't be able to break through (Ludicolo, Special Taunt Samurott, special/mixed Electross)
  • Taunt (Serperior, Liepard, Rott, Skuntank, Missy)
  • Steel-, Water-, Fire-, and Electric-type Pokemon can wall Bronzor if Toxic Spikes is not set up (Steels can wall it even if ts is set up)
  • Poison-type Pokemon eliminate toxic spikes.
  • Phasers ruin Bronzor's fun (Bastiodon, Lickilicky, Riolu, Zweilous) but they will all be stalled out if Bronzor is the last Pokemon on the team alive.
  • Trick (Jynx, Gardevoir, Rotom-Fan)
  • Rapid Spin (Wartortle, Torkoal, Armaldo)

Last edited:
Ok i think this is ready, but a few sections are pretty low on bullet points. Nevertheless, all crucial information has been covered from what I can tell. :)

Calm Mind set needs a mention of Toxic Spikes support. I'd even go as far as to say that it's almost necessary. Bronzor hits for such atrocious damage, even after getting to +4 and above, that it's prone to being set up on against almost every threat. At least Toxic Spikes will minimize that by a bit.

Also, why Modest instead of Bold? Just curious.

Oh yeah, and because it's really prone to being set up on, perhaps Prankster Encore Liepard will be a pretty decent teammate. This will make it slightly more difficult for the opponent to blindly set up. It's also not too bad on a defensive team given the myriad of support options it has, like putting Toxic on levitators/flyers, and that cool offensive pivot playstyle.

Last edited:
Fuzznip said:
Calm Mind set needs a mention of Toxic Spikes support. I'd even go as far as to say that it's almost necessary. Bronzor hits for such atrocious damage, even after getting to +4 and above, that it's prone to being set up on against almost every threat. At least Toxic Spikes will minimize that by a bit.
Also, why Modest instead of Bold? Just curious
Good idea about Toxic Spikes support and idk either why i put modest lol it was late thanks for the tip.

[14:03] <ebeast> tell him Sr is shit

Ok, straight out remove the Stealth Rock set, it's like really bad. I'd just rather use Metang, who has the same typing.

On the CM set, it should be:

move 4: Sleep Talk / Toxic
evs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SDef
ivs: 0 Atk

Psychic in AC because it is really team dependant; Bronzor is not doing anything if the opponent has a Dark-type. Put an emphasis on how important Toxic Spikes support are. The EV Spread is to take Jynx on better, you don't lose out much physical bulk.

In CC it seems pretty small so let me help you out

• fire types
  • Strong physical water pokes (samurott, floatzel, basculin)
  • armaldo, pinsir
  • luxray
  • cb sawk
  • cb golurk will probably crit you before you kill it, but if not it won't counter
  • anything with trick
  • anything with taunt
  • some stuff with BU, SD and shell smash
  • phazer (though as soon as bronzor is your last poke he'll need another counter)
  • Regice or golbat
  • things no one uses like haze golbat and perishtrapper murkrow. (taunt golbat is more common though)
  • leech seed is annoying but most seeders won't be killing you alone
That should be it.

Last edited:

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm going in.

[Overview]
  • Bronzor is only fit for stall, there are better options for bulky offense
  • I wouldn't say it has a "grand movepool" when it's really not that grand and it can barely use any of moves it learns due its terribad offenses.
  • RestTalk isn't reliable at all honestly. I'd rather it say that Bronzor has to rely on RestTalk for recovery and needs Heal Bell support.
  • In terms of order I'd like Bronzor's role in the metagame (being a Jynx counter on stall) to be mentioned first followed by why it has a niche(typing+ability+bulk) and then you can start talking about its negatives.
Remove Stealth Rock as a set, it's simply bad. Levitate just isn't worth having 0 offensive presence and less bulk than Metang when you don't take advantage of Calm Mind.

[Set] (CM)
Take JCM's suggestion here, I gave him the set so we're good there : )! Although since TSpikes are 100% required I think we could leave Toxic for AC. Oh and on the set it's SpD not SDef, noob jcm.

[Set Comments]
  • What do you mean by situational counter? Situational counter to what? Really... just replace this by saying it counters Pokemon such as: Jynx, Sawsbuck, Zangoose, Kangaskhan, and more thanks to typing + Levitate
  • Mention that RestTalk is its only form of recovery
  • Don't talk about Psychic, that's more of an AC mention imo
[Additional Comments]
  • Instead of putting teammates for lack of coverage write how Heal Bell support is required. (Audino and Missy are good partners. and i guess Licky, but Audino>Licky :))
  • Mention that Psychic allows Bronzor to hit Charizard and Water-type Pokemon but not it misses out on Dark-types.
[Other Options]
I would rather there be a mention here that says that Bronzor has no other viable options, because CM is the best it's gonna get. It has a bunch of moves, but doesn't have the ability to pull them off (shouldn't use coverage moves because terribad offenses, can't set up weather or screens because it's forced to use Evio, and Heatproof is poop compared to Levitate)

Do these for now and when you implement it I'll look over everything again.

ebeast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
Move the 3rd point to the top and use the current first and second points as the reason as to why it's good on stall. (Also I wouldn't say that it being a safe Jynx check is rare on stall. There are other options like Metang and Munchlax)

[Checks and Counter]
When talking about the Water and Electric mons that can check it mention that they can only check if Bronzor is unboosted. If they switch in to Bronzor as it CMs while TSpikes are up they will have a tough time breaking through. I would also not go general when mentioning these mons, be specific that SD Samurott, Special Taunt Samurott, and CB Eel (especially this as it avoids TSpikes, hits on the physical side, and resists Flash Cannon) threaten Bronzor the most out of the ones listed. Special Colo, special Eel, and Zeb all have difficulty if they switch in on the CM. Also add Carracosta as a mon that can threaten Bronzor with its physical Water STAB.

Also when talking about phazers add in Zweilous and mention that they can only delay Bronzor and if Zor is the last mon left they will lose to CM.

Make sure to get these all done pls.
QC Approved 1/3

id add examples of mons that bronzir can set upon such as piloswine, jynx, golurk, or golem inthe main description of the first set

otherwise looks pretty good qc 3/3

tehy

Banned deucer.
You know, I don't want to be presumptous, but I tried to amcheck this and I ended up wanting to rewrite it. (Set comments and AC specifically.)

I guess I could explain what needs to be improved in detail if you're interested, but really, just look this over, see where stuff is written badly or unclear, etc.

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>With Eviolite boosting Bronzor's bulk to respectable levels bulk thanks to Eviolite and one of the greatest defensive typing and ability combinations of in the Neverused tier, it finds itself Bronzor is very easy to fit on most dedicated stall teams. With When using the preferable ability Levitate, Bronzor it is left with only a Fire-type weakness, which happens to be one of the least common attacking types of in the metagame. This trait allows it to wall a giant chunk of NU, including many top threats stall teams have trouble with like Jynx and Golurk. However, do not think you can just slap Bronzor on any stall team and expect a victory. It needs plenty of entry hazard, cleric, and defensive support to properly thrive, as alone its pathetic offenses, reliance of on the RestTalk strategy, and tendency to be used as set up setup fodder will disappoint you.</p>

[SET]
ivs: 0 Att Atk

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>First and foremost, the most important thing to know about this set is it needs Toxic Spikes on the opponent's side of the field to have any success of stalling, which can be accomplished well by Roselia, Garbodor, or Scolipede (specific teammates should be mentioned in AC; I don't want to screw with the flow of your paragraph there though, so I'm going to leave it up to you to decide where to put this information in there). Calm Mind will boost boosts Bronzor's Special Defense to wonderful levels (add comma) while and the evs given EVs bulk up its Defense, allowing it to stall out Toxic poison damage from both sides of the offensive spectrum for as long as it needs to but unless it has Toxic Spikes support to wear its opponents down, its ability to stall both physical and special threats serves no real purpose. Because it's a Steel-type that's immune to Ground-Type attacks, it Bronzor can force many switches and set up on many top threats in the tier, with some examples being including Jynx, Golurk, Piloswine, and Golem. Another nice perk Bronzor has is its resistance to Stealth Rock and immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, which means it can switch in very often more often than many other threats in this entry hazards infested metagame. Flash Cannon is preferred over Psychic because it has safer coverage with all of the Dark-types rampant in NU. Unfortunately, Flash Cannon will not deal decent damage without many boosts, but since its because of Bronzor's typing and ability leave it with one weakness (you've already said this), it will most likely have no trouble setting up multiple Calm Minds. Rest is Bronzor's only form of recovery, and Sleep Talk lessens the chance of set up setup sweepers manipulating taking advantage of it while asleep.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>As mentioned, even Even though Flash Cannon is preferred over Psychic, if extra coverage suits you when facing Charizard, Water-types, and Electric-types, that could be used in stead instead. But However, a strong Bug-type like Scolipede or a strong Fighting-type like Sawk would be needed to eliminate the Dark-types that would wall Bronzor, and those Pokemon would take away from the stall play style. The evs give it EVs give Bronzor the best chance against Jynx's Focus Blasts while maximizing and maximize its physical bulk. Toxic could also be used instead of Sleep Talk to hit poison Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with the Levitate ability, but that would leave Bronzor as fodder for too many turns in the match. Nevertheless Even with Rest Talk, a cleric such as Audino or Misdreavus is highly recommended to wake up Bronzor such as Audino or Misdreavus. Bronzor will also need a Pokemon to take any immediate Special Attacks special attacks threatening it; Zweilous can take all of the Fire, Water, and Electric attacks that could break through it Bronzor before it boosts. Lastly, the 0 attack ivs 0 Attack IVs are two to minimize all Foul Play and confusion damage.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Despite being blessed with an amazing move pool, Bronzor fails to use almost any of effectively. It can use dual screens, but it cannot hold both Light Clay and Eviolite (add comma) making it outclassed. The same goes with for Sunny Day and Rain Dance as well, as it cannot hold an Eviolite and a Heat Rock and or Damp Rock, respectively, at the same time. Bronzor also wields has access to many great offensive moves such as Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Charge Beam, Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, and Grass Knot, but it lacks the offenses and move slots moveslots to use any of them successfully. Some cool support moves it Bronzor can learn are Imprison, Trick Room, Swagger, and Bulldoze, but they also find trouble fitting in one of Bronzor's move slots moveslots. The most viable other option it Bronzor could use would be a Stealth Rock set, since as the only way Bronzor it would be forced out before it could set up is by Taunt or a rare Fire-type. but However, Metang shares the Bronzor's typing and has better mixed bulk and offenses, so it is the preferable choice for this role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The easiest way to beat Bronzor is to strike its weaker Special Defense before it can get any boosts with strong, super-effective super effective Fire-type attacks from Pokemon like Charizard, Water-type attacks from Pokemon like special Samurott, or Electric-type attacks from Pokemon like Eelectross Eelektross. If a few Calm Mind boosts have already been aquired acquired, strong set up setup sweepers including SD Swords Dance Samurott and Shell Smash Carracosta are best to break through Bronzor's constant Defense stat. Other effective methods of shutting it down are Pokemon with Trick and a Choice item, like such as Jynx or and Rotom-S, (change to semicolon) phazers (if Bronzor is not the last Pokemon left) like such as Bastiodon, Riolu, Lickilicky and Zweilous, (change to semicolon) or and Taunt users like such as Liepard, Misdreavus, and Samurott. In addition, all Pokemon with Rapid Spin, a Poison-typing Poison typing, a Steel-typing Steel typing, a Flying-Typing Flying typing, or the ability Levitate aren't vulnerable to or can remove Toxic Spikes, limiting Bronzor's stalling capabilities.</p>

GP: 1/2

tehy

Banned deucer.
Amcheck here

The way Checks and Counters ends is pretty strange, I would honestly end it with something better of a check then stuff that removes/immune to Tspikes. Personally, I wouldn't even really mention T-Spike immunes, only removers, since Immunes can still be set up on, then trashed by +6 flash cannon (most Steels and flyings especially)
[Overview]

<p>With respectable bulk thanks to eEviolite and one of the greatest defensive typing and ability combinations in the Neverused tier, Bronzor is very easy to fit on most dedicated stall teams. When using theits preferablered ability, Levitate, it is left with only a Fire-type weakness to Fire, which happens to be one of the least common attacking types in the metagame. This trait allows it to wall a giant chunk of NU, including many top threats stall teams have trouble with like Jynx and Golurk. However, do not think you can just slap Bronzor on any stall team and expect a victory. It needs plenty of entry hazard, cleric, and defensive support to properly thrive, as alone its pathetic offenses, reliance on the RestTalk strategy, and tendency to be used as setup fodder will disappoint you.</p>

[SET]
ivs: 0 Atk

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>First and foremost, the most important thing to know is thabout this set needs Toxic Spikes on the opponent's side of the field to have any success ofat stalling. Calm Mind boosts Bronzor's Special Defense to wonderful levels, and the given EVs bulk up its Defense, but unless it has Toxic Spikes support to wear its opponents down, its ability to stall both physical and special threats serves no real purpose. Because it's a Steel-type that's immune to Ground-Type attacks, Bronzor can force many switches and set up on many top threats in the tier, including Jynx, Golurk, Piloswine, and Golem. Another nice perk Bronzor has is its resistance to Stealth Rock and immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, which means it can switch more often than many other threats in this entry hazards -infested metagame. Flash Cannon is preferred over Psychic because it has safer coverage with all of the Dark-types rampant in NU. Unfortunately, Flash Cannon will not deal decent damage without many boosts, but because of Bronzor's typing and ability, it will most likely have no trouble setting up multiple Calm Minds. Rest is Bronzor's only form of recovery, and Sleep Talk lessens the chance of setup sweepers taking advantage of it while asleep.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Even Although Flash Cannon is the preferred over PsychicSTAB, if extra coverage suits you when facing Charizard, Water-types, and Electric-types, thatPsychic could be used instead, but a strong Bug-type partner, Scolipede for example, or a strong Fighting-type partner like, such as Scolipede or Sawk, would be needed to eliminate the Dark-types that would wall Bronzor, and those Pokemon take away from the stall play style, which Bronzor thrives in. The EVs give Bronzor the best chance to take Jynx's Focus Blast before setting up and maximize its physical bulk. Scolipede, Roselia, and Garbodor are the best partners for setting up Toxic Spikes, allowing Bronzor to stall out most Pokemon with poison damage, and. Toxic could be used instead of Sleep Talk to poison Flying-type Pokemons and Pokemon with the Levitate abilityusers, but the extra turns of sleep would leave Bronzor as setup fodder for too many turns in the matchoften. Even with RestTalk, a cleric such as Audino or Misdreavus is still highly recommended to wake it up. Bronzor will also need a Pokemon to take any immediate special attacks threatening it; Zweilous can take all of the Fire, Water, and Electric attacks that could break through Bronzor before it boosts. Lastly, the 0 Attack IVs are to minimize Foul Play and confusion damage.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Despite being blessed with an amazing move pool, Bronzor fails to use almost any of its moves effectively. It can use dual screens, but it cannot hold both Light Clay and Eviolite, making it outclassed. The same goes for Sunny Day and Rain Dance as well, as it cannot hold an Eviolite and a Heat Rock or Damp Rock at the same time. Bronzor also has access to many great offensive moves such as Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, and Grass Knot, but it lacks the offenses and moveslots to use any of them successfully. Some cool support moves Bronzor can learn are Imprison, Trick Room, Swagger, and Bulldoze, but they also findhave trouble fitting in one of its moveslots. The most viable other option Bronzor could use would be a Stealth Rock set, as the only way it would be forced out before it could set up is by Taunt or a rare Fire-type. However, Metang shares Bronzor's typing and has better mixed bulk and offenses, so it is the preferable choice for this role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The easiest way to beat Bronzor is to strike its weaker Special Defense before it can get any boosts with strong, super effective Fire-type attacks from Pokemon like Charizard, Water-type attacks from Pokemon like special Samurott, or Electric-type attacks from Pokemon like Eelektross. If a few Calm Mind boosts have already been acquired, strong physical setup sweepers, including Swords Dance Samurott and Shell Smash Carracosta are the best options to break through Bronzor's constant Defense stat. Other effective methods of shutting it down are Pokemon with Trick and a Choice item, such as Jynx Jynx and Rotom-S; phazers (if Bronzor is not the last Pokemon left) such as Bastiodon, Riolu, Lickilicky and Zweilous; and Taunt users such as Liepard, Misdreavus, and Samurott. In addition, all Pokemon with Rapid Spin, a Poison typing, a Steel typing, a Flying typing, or the ability Levitate aren't vulnerable to or can remove Toxic Spikes, limiting Bronzor's stalling capabilities.</p>

Comments:
Does bronzor evade the 2hitko from Jynx's Focus Blast with those Evs? Is it 3hitko'd if it calm minds after two? The way you explain the Evs is really weird (And too nonspecific) in this regard.
So you say "Charizard Water and Electric types". Why not just say "Fire Water and Electric types"? Are the other fire-types not even worth mentioning? Or maybe Charizard is just so much more important, but still, this should probably be Fire-types.
added 'physical' to setup sweepers in checks and counters, since that's what you were saying anyhow

Last edited:
Thanks for the am check. I fixed most of your suggestions, but some of them just seemed like different phrasing where both worked (I will let the next GP check decide). Charizard is the only current viable Fire-type, and I made Jynx's calc more clear. Thank you :)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
add/edit
remove

[Overview]

<p>With respectable bulk thanks to Eviolite and one of the greatest defensive typing and ability combinations in NU the Neverused tier, Bronzor is very easy to fit on most dedicated stall teams. When using the preferred ability Levitate, it is left with only a Fire-type weakness, which happens to be one of the least common attacking types in the metagame. This trait allows it to wall a giant chunk of NU, including many top threats stall teams have trouble with like Jynx and Golurk. However, do not think you can just slap Bronzor on any stall team and expect a victory. It needs plenty of entry hazard, cleric, and defensive support to properly thrive, as alone its pathetic offenses, reliance on the RestTalk strategy, and tendency to be used as setup fodder will disappoint you.</p>

[SET]
ivs: 0 Atk (this doesn't need to be stated)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>First and foremost, the most important thing to know is that this set needs Toxic Spikes on the opponent's side of the field to have any success at stalling. Calm Mind boosts Bronzor's Special Defense to wonderful levels, and the given EVs bulk up its Defense, but unless it has Toxic Spikes support to wear its opponents down, its ability to stall both physical and special threats serves no real purpose. Because it's a Steel-type that's immune to Ground-type attacks, Bronzor can force many switches and set up on many top threats in the tier, including Jynx, Golurk, Piloswine, and Golem. Another nice perk Bronzor has is its resistance to Stealth Rock and immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, which means it can switch more often than many other threats in this entry hazards infested metagame. Flash Cannon is preferred over Psychic because it has safer coverage with all of the Dark-types rampant in NU. Unfortunately, Flash Cannon will not deal decent damage without many boosts, but because of Bronzor's typing and ability, it will most likely have no trouble setting up multiple Calm Minds. Rest is Bronzor's only form of recovery, and Sleep Talk lessens the chance of setup sweepers taking advantage of it while asleep.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Although Flash Cannon is the preferred over STAB, if extra coverage suits you when facing Charizard, Water-types, and Electric-types, Psychic could be used instead, but a strong Bug-type partner, Scolipede for example, or a strong Fighting-type partner like Sawk would be needed to eliminate the Dark-types that would wall Bronzor, and those Pokemon take away from the stall playstyle, which Bronzor thrives in. The EVs give Bronzor the best chance to take two of Jynx's Focus Blasts before setting up and maximize its physical bulk. Scolipede, Roselia, and Garbodor are the best partners for setting up Toxic Spikes, allowing Bronzor to stall out most Pokemon with poison damage, and Toxic could be used instead of Sleep Talk to poison Flying-types and Levitate users, but the extra turns of sleep would leave Bronzor as setup fodder too often. Even with RestTalk, a cleric such as Audino or Misdreavus is still highly recommended to wake it up. Bronzor will also need a Pokemon to take any immediate special attacks threatening it; Zweilous can take all of the Fire, Water, and Electric attacks that could break through Bronzor before it boosts. (I don't think Zweilous are too common on stall teams) Lastly, the 0 Attack IVs are to minimize Foul Play and confusion damage.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Despite being blessed with an amazing movepool, Bronzor fails to use almost any of its moves effectively. It can use dual screens, but it cannot hold both Light Clay and Eviolite, making it outclassed. The same goes for Sunny Day and Rain Dance as well, as it cannot hold an Eviolite and a Heat Rock or Damp Rock at the same time. Bronzor also has access to many great offensive moves such as Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, and Grass Knot, but it lacks the offenses and moveslots to use any of them successfully. Some cool support moves Bronzor can learn are Imprison, Trick Room, Swagger, and Bulldoze, but they also have trouble fitting in one of its moveslots. The most viable other option Bronzor could use would be a Stealth Rock set, as the only way it would be forced out before it could set up is by Taunt or a rare Fire-type. However, Metang shares Bronzor's typing and has better mixed bulk and offenses, so it is the preferable choice for this role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The easiest way to beat Bronzor is to strike its weaker Special Defense before it can get any boosts with strong, super effective Fire-type attacks from Pokemon like Charizard, Water-type attacks from Pokemon like special Samurott, or Electric-type attacks from Pokemon like Eelektross. If a few Calm Mind boosts have already been acquired, strong physical setup sweepers including Swords Dance Samurott and Shell Smash Carracosta are best to break through Bronzor's constant Defense stat. Other effective methods of shutting it down are Pokemon with Trick and a Choice item, such as Jynx and Rotom-S; phazers (if Bronzor is not the last Pokemon left) such as Bastiodon, Riolu, Lickilicky, and Zweilous; and Taunt users such as Liepard, Misdreavus, and Samurott. In addition, all Pokemon with Rapid Spin, a Poison typing, a Steel typing, a Flying typing, or the ability Levitate aren't vulnerable to or can remove Toxic Spikes, limiting Bronzor's stalling capabilities.</p>

GP Approved 2/2

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
before this is uploaded, i would like to strongly advise that toxic becomes the main slash in the fourth slot before sleep talk. although toxic spikes support is suggested, this set becomes way too reliant on it to be successful. i'm probably one of the few players who have actually used bronzor extensively on stall and i can say that it's going to be toxic stalling eighty percent of the time and rarely has time to set up. if toxic spikes are not set up, spin away, or absorbed this set becomes a liability since it kills way too much momentum because of it's need to grab multiple boosts to threaten the opponent. also, a lot of bronzor's counters are immune to toxic spikes, with the main one being charizard. there's not a single stall team in nu that wants to give it a free switch in.

ebeast

I had a talk with FLCL about this and I can see where he's coming from. I've only really used Sleep Talk with TSpikes, but I've seen FLCL use Toxic Bronzor to good success and his points definitely make sense. (I've also seen Toxic CM Zor destroy him =)~) In that case go ahead and make Toxic the main slash and in the write up attribute Toxic Spikes as being mandatory for Sleep Talk variants, but not as mandatory for Toxic variants.

Yup edited. Again. Had to rewrite set comments and chunks of everything else, so this probably needs one more GP check just to be safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)