Announcement BSPL 2019 ALL STAR WEEK

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2019 ALL STAR.png

The real reason everyone is playing BSPL IV is finally here! Vote for your favourite players to be selected as All Stars, the two most popular vote-getters will be named All Star Captains, and will then get to pick their roster from the remaining top 10 players. They'll duke it out over the course of semi final week in 6 fun formats from Battle Spot past and present (yet to be decided). The captains will submit their All Star lineup to me on Discord just like the managers do for BSPL, and can arrange between themselves to have certain players match up with each other.

Follow the link below to vote for your top 12 players:

Use this thread to post any suggestions you have. This is our first time running anything like it so we're happy to take feedback.

IF YOU ARE IN SEMI FINALS AND DO NOT WANT TO PLAY IN ALL STAR WEEK, SEND ME A MESSAGE ON DISCORD SO I CAN OMIT YOU FROM THE VOTING

you can also post here to let your fans know so they don't waste their vote

since voting is based on main format of the tournament, if too many ORAS / GBU players pull out they will be replaced by the runners-up from USUM

lebron and steph w pokeballs.png

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just want to bump this and remind people to vote if they haven't. We actually have a tie for one of the manager slots atm so I'm mostly hoping to break that. If that doesn't happen I'll need to come up with a solution, whether that's a quick poll in the BS room or those players settle it in dewgong cup is yet to be decided. I'll close the form and release the results after the last game of this round (I believe that's me vs Havens at 8pm ET) so those that are playing semis can decide whether to play this or not.

I want to do the draft on stream if possible. depending on availability and how quickly we can get everything organised, we could look to do it around 10pm ET today (sunday), or 7pm ET tomorrow (monday). we'll see what the chosen managers are able to do...

HOWEVER! The formats have been decided, this is what it looks like:
  • BSS Factory
  • BSS Monotype
  • BSS LC
  • PBR Online Singles
  • ORAS Triples
  • BW2 GBU Doubles
3-3 Tiebreak will be decided by the managers in Dewgong Cup!

We had some interesting suggestions including BSS RU (top 60 mons in BSS banned), Grudge Match slot, and mirroring BSPL's formats, but the others were only playable on cartridge like gen 6 rotations and battle royale.

PS: Why cant I play :(
I ripped the players list from DW's auction results for the voting form, so your name wasn't on there. I only just saw your edit now too... You should just buy yourself next year so this doesn't happen accidentally again :psyduck:

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Suggestion for next year, if its all meme/unusual bss formats.

12 slots, managers can be voted in even if they didnt purchase themselves.
2 voted in slots for each team + 2 top vote getters as drafting managers (to get the most team diversity possible, since half the teams are gonna be out it will give them something to cheer on rather than having a joke week of primarily high vote getting playoff players)

I think separating voting categories by format still works to get multi-format representation as well. Include favorite manager as part of the voting categories.
Once all the votes get in, we put the votes into a list with highest vote getters on the top, lowest on the bottom. Remove double votes from ballots that have people like Zaaya or Kaori in 2 formats. Top 2 overall get to be captains (and dont count towards the 2 slots per team). Move down the list until we get 2 (and max 2) from each individual team.

Just my 2c. Thanks to cant say and Lego for doing this :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
oh one thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that I wanted feedback on what people would prefer to watch. bo3, bo5, teamlock, no teamlock...? I guess go vote here: https://www.strawpoll.me/18501784

I guess building multiple teams for formats with zero information on them is a tonne of effort so teamlock makes sense, however on the other hand, people may have a bunch of ideas they want to build around and make it more interesting for the viewers.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
The all stars are decided!!

TEAM CAPTAINS: greilmercenary9 and chemcoop (Greil will get first pick in the draft for receiving the most votes)

STARTERS:

BENCH: (starters will be replaced by a bench player from the same format that starter played if they want to focus on finals this week)
  • Solerme
  • zaaya
  • 11oyd
  • 1_TrickPhony
  • GroudonEmpire
  • hzhz
  • Mr.GX
  • Demantoid
  • Pearl
  • Misaka
  • Lego
  • PinkSylvie
  • TheLoanRanger
  • Darkinium
  • Megazard

Semi finals are yet to be decided, but I wanted to get this up ASAP so people who are potentially playing in them and/or the tiebreaker can be aware of things and make a decision.

I've messaged the starters for confirmation, if you haven't replied yet (or gotten a message from me because I'm dumb) get in touch with me on Discord so I can let the necessary bench players know.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
The All Star teams have been decided live on stream!!

Team Fire Emblem:
greilmercenary9
marilli
EmbCPT
Puff Killa
cant say
Jmal98
11oyd
Darkninium
Solerme

Cheer Squad:
Megazard
Pearl
PinkSylvie
TheLoanRanger

Mishi Society:
chemcoop
kaori
Charlotte
NOVED
Mishimono
bobochan

Misaka Mikoto
zaaya
Demantoid

Cheer Squad:
Lego
hzhz
GroudonEmpire
Mr.GX
1_TrickPhony

Captains will send me their lineups and I'll post them here when they're done!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
2019 ALL STAR.png

All Star Week
<<SPREADSHEET>>
<<SCHEDULING SHEET>>

FireEmblemSymbol.png
(3)Team Fire Emblem vs Mishi Society (3)
Untitled.png

BSS Factory: cant say vs bobochan
BSS Monotype: Puff Killa vs chemcoop
BSS LC: Jmal98 vs Charlotte
ORAS Triples: marilli vs Mishimono
GBU Doubles: EmbCPT vs kaori
PBR Singles: greilmercenary9 vs NOVED

All games are best-of-three with NO teamlock, except BSS Factory which is best-of-SEVEN. Play games on Lego's All Star Server.

PLEASE DOWNLOAD REPLAYS AND PM THEM TO LegoFigure11#0240 ON DISCORD.
Uploading them from the side server does not work.

DEADLINE: Whenever? Same as Semi finals..

post game times here, would be a lot of fun to be able to stream / record the matchups!​

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Forced the EPIC Dewgong Cup tiebreaker between the captains in 4 ggs over bobo. I streamed it while playing so I'd love it if you watched that!

I also streamed the marilli vs mishimono ORAS Triples set! You can watch that here:

Hope everyone enjoyed All Star Week, I love that it's being settled in the mish format like everyone wanted too.

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Pleased to say that neither me nor my Dewgongs let the team down in the tiebreaker of D E W G O N G C U P. Won the tiebreak of Bo3 Bo3, 2-1 and 2-0 thanks to some excellently timed super effective hits. We may not have come away with the BSPL trophy this year, but BSPL All-Star champ sounds pretty good to me! We should have a Twitch VOD of greil and I playing in call once cant say finishes streaming.

kaori NOVED and I died laughing while watching your GBU doubles set. Simple + Stockpile/Minimize Muk is insanity. Too bad a certain someone brought tryhard teams. :puff:

Mishimono thanks for totally mishing in triples with some classic mish luck and raging about the things that didn't go your way in the mishi society chat.

bobochan we couldn't have played Dewgong Cup without you. GOAT and Best BSS Player of 2018 coming in clutch.

NOVED after all the memes about how PBR BSS should be added to BSPL, you proved that it is a legit format and that you are the most dominant player of PBR in 2019. #PBRforBSPL5 #BanGBU

Charlotte I specifically drafted you to kick some level 5 ass in BSS LC, and as the reigning BSS LC comp champ, you didn't disappoint in the slightest. Thanks for the W.

Misaka Mikoto Demantoid zaaya thanks all for being willing to play if called upon and for rounding out the well-balanced offense of the Mishi Society. To the latter two players, I'm glad we were finally able to get all BSPL members of the APMS together on one team finally.

To esteemed cheer squad members GroudonEmpire Mr.GX Lego hzhz, thanks for supporting our All-Star cast to an epic victory. \cat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)