Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
- In Gen 4 on Pokémon Showdown, Doom Desire always ignores boosts from items, even when Jirachi is still out of its Poké Ball. This is maybe the case in other generations but I didn't test. In this testing battle the Skarmory only took 282 instead of 358-423 (calc below) which would have OHKO it.

- In the Damage Calculator, in Generation 3 and 4, Doom Desire is affected by the hit Pokémon's type:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jirachi Doom Desire (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD (70 SpD) Skarmory: 179-211 (53.5 - 63.1%).
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jirachi Doom Desire (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD (70 SpD) Steel-typeless Skarmory: 358-423 (107.1 - 126.6%).
Also, if you take time to correct this in the Damage Calculator, can you update Pokémons sets in it pls..
There are also other bugs with Doom Desire I reported multiple times, but got no reaction and they weren't fixed.
  • If the user of Doom Desire stays in and has the ability Normalize, Doom Desire still hits as a steel-typed move (which should only be the case if the user of Doom Desire doesn't stay in after using it).
  • Doom Desire ignores the boost of Adaptability, which should apply when the user stays in.

Reactions: PQD

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Hello.
- In Gen 4 on Pokémon Showdown, Doom Desire always ignores boosts from items, even when Jirachi is still out of its Poké Ball. This is maybe the case in other generations but I didn't test. In this testing battle the Skarmory only took 282 instead of 358-423 (calc below) which would have OHKO it.

- In the Damage Calculator, in Generation 3 and 4, Doom Desire is affected by the hit Pokémon's type:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jirachi Doom Desire (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD (70 SpD) Skarmory: 179-211 (53.5 - 63.1%).
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jirachi Doom Desire (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD (70 SpD) Steel-typeless Skarmory: 358-423 (107.1 - 126.6%).
Also, if you take time to correct this in the Damage Calculator, can you update Pokémons sets in it pls..
This isn't a bug; what you think is the item being ignored is actually Doom Desire not applying STAB, which is intentional because it deals typeless damage prior to Gen 5. But you seem to know this already since you're implying the damage calc is wrong (which it is). Damage calc bugs go here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3593546/

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hello, when we do '/dpplearn clefable, hyper voice' it says Clefable can learn Hyper Voice, but in teambuilder it can't.

edit: it seems to be the same problem with other moves which Pokémons learn in a more recent generation but not in a previous like Crunch Gyarados, '/dpplearn gyarados, crunch" saying it does learn it in gen 4 when it does not in reality.

Last edited:

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I don't know where to put this, so I guess I post it here. Starting from somewhere after the 12th of september, hidetext commands aren't listed in roomlogs anymore.
So these 2 entries will be looked at.

Roomlog WITHOUT hidetext in roomlog (15 september). There should be at least 2 lines at 9:53 according to the first picture. One indicating the mute and the other indicating that person X's messages had been hidden. There is only a mute.

Roomlog WITH hidetext in roomlog (12 september). At 08:05, the first picture tells us there are 2 entries. The yellow boxes show us everything that happened in that minute.

it's not a bug ingame, but with the replays, when you go to your private-tab for your replays and click "More", it just gives you the replays you would get by clicking the button in the public-tab (so your public replays) instead of your older private replays

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
More minor bugs:

Counter / Mirror Coat should be redirected into a Pokemon that uses Follow Me / Rage Powder. On PS currently, Counter / Mirror Coat ignores redirection and just targets whatever hit the user with the attack.
Example replay (incorrect): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-806672926

If a Pokemon holds a White Herb and is Intimidated twice at the start of the battle (or after two Pokemon are switched in, etc.), White Herb should be consumed after both Intimidates are completed. On PS, after the initial Intimidate, White Herb is consumed, which is incorrect.
Example replay (incorrect): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-806674997

I found another game breaking/server breaking bug (it's been a while).

So I recently had a tour with some friends, and it was Metronome Battle. Me being lazy I used the commands to move, but I forgot the second Pokemon's move the first time I entered it in:
/choose move 1

My friend had already moved, so I just clicked the buttons to make the move. However, when I did so, it gave me this error:
[Invalid choice] Sorry, too late to make a different move; the next turn has already started

After some research after the fact, this is what I found out:
  • If you use /choose and the amount of arguments is less than the amount of Pokemon you have out and the opponent finishes their move (as in, they've gotten to Waiting for opponent... before you have), it results in the above error. (This is given that the move chosen doesn't result in an error itself).
  • Neither player can make a move in this situation. If either player tries to redo their move after this error appears (whether with buttons or the command), the same error will appear upon selecting the moves. A similar error appears if either player tries to cancel, but the cancel still goes through (as in, the players can change moves but nothing will happen).
  • Timer will not count down if both players are still on the Waiting for opponent... part.
  • It doesn't matter when the command is sent; as long as the opponent has finished their turn, the error will always appear.

I have only tested this with moves; nevertheless, this should still be fixed quickly even if it works with other arguments.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Shiny Cosmoem, Solgaleo, and Lunala are currently considered valid in the teambuilder and on ladder, when their Shiny forms are currently impossible to obtain on cart. Cosmog is correctly implemented as being Shiny locked.
1537279350186.png

Reactions: PQD
I tested this only on an emulator, but I doubt this is different on real hardware. In the Generation 4 Games only, if a Pokémon holds the Griseous Orb, it can't have its ability changed in Battle, as such Worry Seed etc. will always fail. Since I haven't seen this documented anywhere, it is also not implemented in the simulator. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-807419207

Also, the Log of the replay and the actual battle is different. What is up with that? Most notably, the replay omits what the ablities actually are.
Ongoing Battle:
unknown1.png

Replay:
unknown.png

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I tested this only on an emulator, but I doubt this is different on real hardware. In the Generation 4 Games only, if a Pokémon holds the Griseous Orb, it can't have its ability changed in Battle, as such Worry Seed etc. will always fail. Since I haven't seen this documented anywhere, it is also not implemented in the simulator. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-807419207

Also, the Log of the replay and the actual battle is different. What is up with that? Most notably, the replay omits what the ablities actually are.
The second part is spectator view VS player view, players have info about their own team but spectators dont know either team.

Random crashing upon opening client? Just started happening today uninstalled reinstalled doesn't solve anything.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was laddering, my opp activated the timer, but everything just froze and that prevented either of us from being able to make a move.

Has this ever happened before?

I dunno if the replay gives any useful info, but basically we both made our moves but then the game just froze and the timer never activated either:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-808226317

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Attempting to unban Zygarde from Almost Any Ability tournaments fails. The banlist will go through, but when you validate the team you get a message that it is still banned.

I was laddering, my opp activated the timer, but everything just froze and that prevented either of us from being able to make a move.

I dunno if the replay gives any useful info, but basically we both made our moves but then the game just froze and the timer never activated either:
Did you try cancelling and remaking your moves? It might be (I highly doubt it, since you'd have to know the command) similar to what I posted earlier.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did you try cancelling and remaking your moves? It might be (I highly doubt it, since you'd have to know the command) similar to what I posted earlier.
Yes we tried that. Didn't work. Also we both tried toggling the timer on and off but that didn't help.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

Known issue though were not sure whats causing it, it has been looked into at least. I've tried taking the input log of a battle such as this one and trying to debug it, though it ends up working when I test it on main. My guess is there is a race condition somewhere causing the sim to recognize both players picked and locking choices, but not actually starting the turn.

Here are some minor odd things I've noticed recently.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-807745112

At the end of the fight (turn 17) registeel eats its Kee Berry against the game ending Struggle, with no effect. Ingame the order is Struggle, recoil, and faint with no berry use. (tested against Smeargle)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-809511185

Sableye is illusioned as Blissey, who immediately Imposters the opponent's Heatran. When Illusion Sableye mega evolves it says it became "Mega Heatran" while its sprite is still Blissey.

On turn 13 Sableye uses Wish. The following turn it says "forfeit if seen's wish came true" which is Sableye's true nickname, instead of Blissey's nickname being shown. It's still Illusioned for everything else though. These I am less sure of because I can't test for myself and the help desk wasn't sure, but they seem out of place.

Was debating whether to post this here since its not exactly game changing but something ive noticed is that if I start spectating a live game part way in and then rewind it back to the start, the first weather/terrain/Room effect set by a pokemon often doesnt show up, but the second and all subsequent times one of those is set it shows. (The data bubble in the corner of the battle screen detailing the number of turns left still shows, just not the actual background animation.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
PS Admin
Feint should not maintain the counter for a double Protect chance (at least in USUM). That is, in-game if Feint breaks a Protect, the user's next Protect is guaranteed to be successful. I pulled off 9 Protects in a row, simultaneously breaking each with Feint, so I assume I didn't just get lucky.

Showdown replay example (incorrect): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-810358689

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)