Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toxic Orb shows up twice if you search for "to".
Tart Apple shows up twice if you search for "ta".
bug2a.pngbug2b.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
In gen 7 battles, rapid spin's move description says it has a 100% chance to raise speed by one stage, which was only introduced in gen 8.
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 12.36.00 PM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

The short desc for diamond storm in gen 7 and 8 still states that it has a 50% chance to raise def per hit, which is only true in gen 6.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty and DaWoblefet

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

bilb owo

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1306661386

I used a Maranga Berry against landorus incarnate, the landorus used two different special attacks and I did not get a special defence boost. I could not find anything about sheer force blocking Maranga activation so assume this is a bug.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Sheer force does, in fact, negate Maranga berry. (Dawn of Ares)

June

shiny badge hunter
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I do not know if it is a display bug or a problem on my pc but when I am in a match I switch on the teambuilder then I come back to the match, part of the the screen of the match disappears. I therefore no longer have access to the climates tour, trick room, terrains, to the names of the pokes and their %.
1616582720937.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I have no idea how to reproduce this (DaWoblefet)

So I was testing sky drop in Nat Dex AG because I was curious how it would function and it was able to pick up dynamax pokemon. This should not be possible as in SWSH all weight based moves do not work against maxed pokemon because their weight is ???. It wasted their turn of dynamax which is absurdly broken, especially for custom VGC natdex formats.

Heres the example: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1308251289

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, National Dex mechanics are arbitrarily made up. You cannot test this situation on cart, so National Dex staff would need to assign what behavior they want to occur. (DaWoblefet)

Caetano93 found this out: mail cannot be knocked off in bw, however it does get knocked off on the sim
That's true,
I'm waiting a friend who have the game carts to reproduce the situation in video for me.
Once I have it, i'm posting it here.

This one is important because Mail is a competitive item in BW for Pokemon like Reuniclus, Ferrothorn, and Blissey that wants to avoid Latios Trick.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Caetano93 found this out: mail cannot be knocked off in bw, however it does get knocked off on the sim
That's true,
I'm waiting a friend who have the game carts to reproduce the situation in video for me.
Once I have it, i'm posting it here.

This one is important because Mail is a competitive item in BW for Pokemon like Reuniclus, Ferrothorn, and Blissey that wants to avoid Latios Trick.
This is not true; I'm the one who researched it in the first place and implemented the generic Mail item on the sim.

Did you test in a wild battle? Wild Pokemon can't knock off any of the player's items, Mail or not.

Fivell

Banned deucer.
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this (if it isn't, my apologies) and I haven't double-checked myself yet, but:

Allegedly, and according to this (French) youtube video: if all of your pc boxes are full when doing the mandatory Rayquaza capture in the Delta Episode of ORAS, if you choose not to put Ray in your team but to send it to the pc, the pokemon will get deleted from the savefile.
However, Zinnia still tries to teach your Rayquaza Dragon Ascent, which results in her teaching it to the first pokemon in your party.

TL; DR: Has yet to be double-checked but a glitch might allow for virtually any Pokémon in generations 6 and prior to be taught Dragon Ascent.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG
, As Cynara says, that this requires save editing. Besides that, it would only be legal in local multiplayer, but PS more closely simulates online multiplayer (DaWoblefet)

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this (if it isn't, my apologies) and I haven't double-checked myself yet, but:

Allegedly, and according to this (French) youtube video: if all of your pc boxes are full when doing the mandatory Rayquaza capture in the Delta Episode of ORAS, if you choose not to put Ray in your team but to send it to the pc, the pokemon will get deleted from the savefile.
However, Zinnia still tries to teach your Rayquaza Dragon Ascent, which results in her teaching it to the first pokemon in your party.

TL; DR: Has yet to be double-checked but a glitch might allow for virtually any Pokémon in generations 6 and prior to be taught Dragon Ascent.
This has been known for a while, though the problem with this is the battle hack check system denies any Pokemon with Dragon Ascent (except ones that can actually learn it), to enter a battle against another Human player. i.e it will notify you have illegible Pokemon on the battle screen and disconnect. (I tried it myself) therefore it wouldn't possible to use in any official smogon metagame, and comes under the umbrella of Other Metagames such as Hackmons.

If I'm recalling correctly (I May be wrong), this bug actually requires you to save edit as I believe the final box (31) is actually unlocked upon capturing this rayquaza and is not possible to fill beforehand (To prevent this from actually happening). So it isn't doable without hacking anyway, therefore not really a ingame glitch.

Last edited:
Hi, I like the feature where if both players challenge each other in the same format at the same time, it automatically counts as accepting the challenge.

But I’m not sure if this was intended (the player who blocked the incoming challenges is still considered to be sending the challenge):

https://m.imgur.com/a/kMi1CWL

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT), generally speaking this can happen in other situations too (where one player challenges another, but the other cancels, so one player is stuck in challenge limbo) (DaWoblefet)

This is not true; I'm the one who researched it in the first place and implemented the generic Mail item on the sim.

Did you test in a wild battle? Wild Pokemon can't knock off any of the player's items, Mail or not.
Yes, was in non wifi battle in an DS emultor. Didn't know knock interact diferently outside of it.
(still waiting my friend record a cart wifi interaction of it...)

Fivell

Banned deucer.
This has been known for a while, though the problem with this is the battle hack check system denies any Pokemon with Dragon Ascent (except ones that can actually learn it), to enter a battle against another Human player.
That's actually pretty nice to hear. I found literally no mention of this anywhere else though so I thought it might've been brand new. Thanks for the reply!

Not sure if this has to do with oldgen inheritance, but when I put swift on my PZ, it suggested attack ev's over special attack. Again, could be olgen inheritance but I'm not sure.
Screenshot 2021-03-26 09.05.07.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)