Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this has been reported yet, and I haven't seen it before, but on turn 16 Drifblim consumes its Sitrus berry, and has 374 speed. When Mimikyu comes in on turn 21, it clicked swords dance before Drifblim attacks it. I think Weezing's neutralizing gas stayed in effect even after it left the field.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotyperandombattle-1118958960

Sorry if I'm being really dumb and missing something, but I'm pretty sure it's a glitch.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure this is a known bug, but every time a Gen 8 Pokemon is sent out, the Pokemon's cry fails to load and this error shows up in the Console:
Code:
GET https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/audio/cries/dracovish.mp3 404
The error changes depending on what Pokemon you sent out. I used Vish in this example, don't ask why.

Well, it turns out that when I go to Team Builder to put a Pokémon, let's say: Jellicent, if I choose him as a woman, in his 3D model, he comes out as a man, just like in his team photo at the beginning of seeing his team in the "Teambuilder" tab, but when I "click" on their statistics, on top of their 3D model, if it comes out female, but it is not the only pokémon, I think from what I will show, that this happens with all those pokémon that have changes in appearance due to being male / female

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Possible bug with teambuilder. Steps to reproduce:
Start building a new team.
Click Add Pokemon.
Add any pokemon, but don't add any moves or items.
Go to the EVs section, and observe that all IVs are set to 31 by default.
Click on one of the empty move slots, then click back to the EVs section.
The attack IV has now changed to 0.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is intended behavior; when a Pokemon has no moves that depend on the Attack stat, it defaults to 0 to reduce Foul Play / self-inflicted confusion damage. (DaWoblefet)

Body press isn't properly counted as not using your attack stat for the purposes of guessed spreads. It is counted as not using your attack in that if it's your only physical attack your attack IVs are automatically set to 0.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.02.18 PM.png

Edit: Foul Play behaves the same way.

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Screenshot_19.png

The "undefined" only seems to appear if defender is a Pokemon and not a type.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Partman

Following up on my bug report, it seems that Fury Cutter is only bugged (does not double power) in gens 2 and 3. Gen 4 works normally but I have not tested later gens.
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

New bug: Camouflage (starmie's signature type changing move that nothing else gets) does not work as described
The move changes your type depending on the environment. Link battles are indoors, so the move should change Starmie's type to Normal
However, in my testing it seems to only switch to Ground.
Ironically, this bugged behavior is probably more useful.

Possible bug: Role Play, as implemented, does not retain it's effects on switch out. You don't keep the ability all game.
However, I can't find any external source that says the user should lose the new acquired ability on switching.
Skill swap behaves similarly, but at least this agrees with Bulbapedia

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the effects of Role Play and Skill Swap should always be lost after a switch in at least Gen 5+ but I highly doubt it was any different in generations older than that. (DaWoblefet)

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
In Mix and Mega, when a Pokemon has Pressure and then mega evolves (losing Pressure) the PP count of opposing Pokemon hitting that mon still decreases by 2, which can be detrimental to a player if the PP count appears to be 0

1590256290292.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Mega pokemon are not showing their pre-mega abilities in the teambuilder.
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 2.55.53 PM.png

If you manually change the ability to an ability the pokemon has before it megas it validates correctly.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Megas can't have pre-Mega abilities, this was just a convenience hack (DaWoblefet)

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
there seems to be a bug with ash-greninja where the builder is letting it become shiny and calling this legal, when it shouldn't be able to do so

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Anybody play showdown on mobile? I have a Galaxy that just updated today and now the pop-ups when you hover over pokemon mess with the screen.

Screenshot_20200524-023930_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200524-023946_Chrome.jpg

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Hello.
if you finish Cherrim while setting the Sun (for example by Fire type Dynamax attack) then Cherrim transforms into its Sun forme before fainting.
This looks really strange lol.
Here Cherrim was in Dynamax form, it might have an effect. I don't know if regular form Cherrim also transforms in the sun upon fainting.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1120342060

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

Kipkluif

Liever Kips leverworst
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Screenshot_20200524-174516_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200524-174522_Chrome.jpg
On mobile, if you tap and hold something to check its status, you suddenly zoom out to fit the information box on the screen, which disappears once you release the status message. This started happening today and I found it on multiple devices. It's not necessarily a bug, but it's very jarring if you're trying to focus and the screen jumps everytime you check something.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hello!

Kyurem-B's movepool is broken on Showdown, it can be played with Glaciate even though it's illegal.
Bulbapedia said:
If a Kyurem that knows Glaciate fuses with either Reshiram or Zekrom via the DNA Splicers, the move will be replaced by Ice Burn or Freeze Shock, respectively.

When the two Pokémon are separated, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock both revert back into Glaciate.
Here's a replay in gen7, but it seems to be like that in every generations with KyuB
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-1120852251

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator

Pretty sure those match results don't match up with the position of the players on the results of a RR tournament (I went undefeated but not all matches in my column show 0-1)
Most likely an issue of the players getting moved according to results, but the matches not moving with them.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), the whole layout for round robin results is difficult to understand in my opinion (DaWoblefet)

Random bug: Named an Orbeetle 'Tentomon', and when it appears, the bag sprite for it becomes the sprite used for tentomon during the AFD Digimon battles.

1590429840946.png

Could this be an easter egg? XD

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup1v1-1121365279
Perish body activated and Cursola died before Escaviler despite being slower. Unless Perish Body works differently than Perish Song and the mon with Perish Body always dies first for some reason, the slower pokemon should die last.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, I think the two Pokemon actually Speed tied the whole time. Either that or it got fixed at some point (DaWoblefet).

In Gen 3 and Gen 4, Whirlwind and Roar are shown to have 0 priority in the teambuilder. However, Whirlwind and Roar have had -6 priority since Gen 3.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1121464862
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1121466302
In both of these battles, a 394 Speed Aerodactyl fails to outspeed 4 Speed Shuckle and Trapinch because it used Whirlwind/Roar. Paralysis doesn't really matter, since Paralysis decreases Speed by only 75%, so Aerodactyl still has 98 Speed while Shuckle and Trapinch have 4.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO; so far as I can tell, no effects list their priorities in the teambuilder. Not sure what is meant here, since the moves are functioning correctly (DaWoblefet).

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
highlighting yourself in a battle room adds the highlighted class to the displayed message. Visually doesn't do anything but is still probably wrong

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)