Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bug that I don't know if it only happens to me but I find is really annoying.

Captura de pantalla 2020-07-10 a las 13.03.24.png

Sometimes, when I'm playing a match and I open the teambuilder and then I go back to the match does this thing.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I can't replicate this in Firefox (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
You tried to send "/timer on" to the room "battle-gen8randombattle-1150364224" but it failed because you were not in that room. happens when i go to spec a battle with the timer on option in battles

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Why in cross evolution my type:null with the set of volcarona cant learn flamthrower or faire blast or fiery dance

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this was either a proper part of ce or "fixed" when Type: Null got banned (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

duck

duck
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/randbats Garbodor
output this:
Error: No moves data found for Garbodor.

I guess there are multiple pokemon with this

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point (probably by Annika)

I play gen 2, serebii says charm is an egg move for venusaur in crystal but i cant give my venusaur charm on showdown.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see below

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I play gen 2, serebii says charm is an egg move for venusaur in crystal but i cant give my venusaur charm on showdown.
It's programmed to learn Charm but there are no legitimate fathers to pass charm down to Bulbasaur, so you can't obtain it without hacking. Same with Oddish and Snorlax.

Can anyone help here? I seemed to lose my scarf when I used Indeedee and Dynamaxed OR Random battle gave a scarfchomp SD
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1150925800

Turn 5: Proof Dracozolt (base 170) is scarf as it outspeeds Liepard
Turn 7: Proof Indeedee (base 203) is scarf as it outspeeds Scarf Dracozolt
Turn 9: Garchomp isn't scarf as it goes for Swords Dance (Surely they wouldn't code that?! Has random battle programmed it so you have to SD then dynamax to use it?)
Turn 11: Presumably not scarf Garchomp outspeeds Scarf Indeedee?

Any ideas?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Choice items are negated during Dynamax (DaWoblefet)

I found an error within Pokémon Showdown:

When you're building a team with Shiny Zeraora, you can make him learn Knock Off without any problem.... while Shiny Zeraora is a Gen 8 even only and Knock Off is Gen 5 to 7 Move Tutor move only. Logically, you can't have a Shiny Zeraora with Knock Off, since it's an illegal combinaison.

Little error on Showdown!.JPG

That's all for me.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

It seems like showdown is currently coded to not activate Libero on misses. According to bulbapedia this isn't how the ability is supposed to work. Bulbapedia says,
Libero will activate even if the move misses, is blocked by a protection move, or fails to affect the opponent.
I missed a Zen Headbutt, and my Cinderace didn't switch to psychic type. This was against a rotom-h specifically.

BUG STATUS: FIXED (maybe? I don't think this was ever bugged, DaWoblefet)

It seems like showdown is currently coded to not activate Libero on misses. According to bulbapedia this isn't how the ability is supposed to work. Bulbapedia says,

I missed a Zen Headbutt, and my Cinderace didn't switch to psychic type. This was against a rotom-h specifically.
Funny thing is cinderace switches types when sucker punch fails, which it shouldn't.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Poltergeist doesn't update the hover box with the target's held item even though it reveals said item as part of the attack.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

On Microsoft Edge w/Screen Reader, after some time the additional info for a highlighted mon or move isn't accessible to read.
On Google Chrome w/Screen reader; As the chat updates while navi'ing the page, it'll shift the focus to the top of the page. I've lost several battles due to the timer messages in the chat causing this issue. (Not sure if this is present on Edge). Also when the chat has a range posted for the damage, it is registered as something that can be edited. (Also not sure if this is present on Edge)
Not sure if this would be classified as a bug but it's still an issue in regards to speed. Screen reader verbally says "exclamation mark" and "space" as the log updates with the info for the turn.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT), I can't personally duplicate easily as I don't use screenreaders frequently but I will mark as confirmed in case someone wants to take a stab at it (DaWoblefet)

Kubfu is currently able to bypass legality checks in LC. It shouldn't be allowed as it is only obtainable at level 10. However, setting its level to 100 in the builder means it bypasses this legality check, and its level is reduced to 5 in the actual game. If the Kubfu's level is set to 5, it is disallowed because it needs to be level 10 because of the event.

1594841918215.png

1594841956427.png

Kubfu @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Aerial Ace
Import of the set in case you want to try it yourself.
Edit: For some reason it doesn't allow certain moves, such as Zen Headbutt, Fire Punch and Iron Head

Replay of it being used https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1151772809

======================================================

Less important but still a bug:
LC room is classed as a doubles room for some reason when using the /dt command

1594842207679.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by HoeenHero; the 2nd (LC being doubles) isn't a bug

hover box for Z-Moves doesn't display bp like it used to.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Less important but still a bug:
LC room is classed as a doubles room for some reason when using the /dt command

View attachment 262194
This is not a bug, the ROs decide which tier is displayed when you do `/dt` through room settings. LC uses doubles tiers because they're more accurate as opposed to singles tiers wrt LC. For example, Ferroseed's doubles tier is LC, but its singles tier is NU (or PU? I don't remember but the point is it's not LC). If this bothers you, take it up with the ROs of the LC room.

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
gen 4 formats:
- clamperl, diglett, and gligar appear twice in the builder when sorting by speed, likely because they're not only LC mons but also in NU organically.
the only other LC mons in gen4 NU/UU: misdreavus, murkrow, and tangela, do not have this issue. no idea what makes them special.
edit: i've been informed that misdreavus/murkrow/tangela are banned in LC which is probably why they're fine

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

- pokemon that had their stats changed in future generations will show up in the wrong speed tier. for example, pidgeot (base 91 speed), shows between rapidash (105) and miltank (100), as it is base 101 in later generations.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)