Ubers Bulk Up Palafin (GP 1/1)

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
[SET]
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Jet Punch
move 2: Bulk Up
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Taunt
item: Leftovers
ability: Zero to Hero
nature: Careful
evs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
tera type: Fairy

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Jet Punch's strong priority allows this Palafin set to still be threatening to offensive builds, while Drain Punch keeps Palafin healthy against bulkier teams.
  • Taunt allows Palafin to prevent common responses to setup sweepers from working, such as Whirlwind from Ting-Lu and Haze from Toxapex, while also preventing Pokemon like Annihilape from setting up alongside it.
  • Fairy is the Tera type of choice to allow Palafin to resist both of Koraidon's STAB attacks and potentially set up on Choice Scarf variants of it. Fairy also removes Palafin's weakness to Iron Bundle's Freeze-Dry and Miraidon's Electric moves.
  • Palafin struggles to deal with Koraidon or Miraidon, which can come in on this set easily, especially given that Zero to Hero forces Palafin to switch at least once before it can be offensively threatening. As a result, this Palafin needs teammates that can defensively handle these threats. Ting-Lu and Iron Treads both help with Miraidon, and Pokemon like Great Tusk, Scream Tail, and Skeledirge can provide defensive solidity against Koraidon.
  • This Palafin set functions best with a sturdy defensive backbone alongside it, to mitigate the impact of Zero to Hero. As a result, it does not work as well on more hyper offensive playstyles.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Aberforth, 249382]]
- Quality checked by: [[corvere, 306317], [Eledyr, 415367]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lumari, 232216]]

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
good content, i dont think theres much to add / fix other than some spelling and redundancy things

1/2

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
I'd mention that Tera Fairy removes Palafin's weakness to Electric-type attacks, letting it survive Miraidon's Electro Drift most of the time from full (bar Choice Specs Tera Electric). I think it's an important info for late game scenario where Palafin will try to sweep. @ me on Discord if you disagree about it.

2/2, there isn't much to add!
Eledyr.gif

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon
GP 1/1
GP Team done
[SET]
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Jet Punch
move 2: Bulk Up
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Taunt
item: Leftovers
ability: Zero to Hero
nature: Careful
evs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
tera type: Fairy

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Jet Punch's is a strong priority moves that allows this Palafin set to still be threatening to offensive builds, while Drain Punch keeps Palafin healthy against bulkier teams.
  • Taunt allows Palafin to prevent common responses to setup sweepers from working, such as prevening Whirlwind from Ting-Lu (RC) and Haze from Toxapex, while also preventing opposing setup pokemon Pokemon like Annihilape from setting up alongside Palafin, like Annihilape it.
  • Fairy is the Tera type of choice to allow Palafin to resist both of Koraidon's STAB attacks (RC) and potentially set up on Choice Scarf variants of Koraidon it. Fairy also removes Palafin's weakness to Iron Bundle's Freeze-Dry (AH) and Miraidon's Electric moves.
  • Palafin struggles to deal with Koraidon or Miraidon, which can come in on this Palafin set easily, especially given that Zero to Hero forces Palafin to switch at least once before it can be offensively threatening. As such a result, this Palafin needs teammates who that can defensively handle these threats. Ting-Lu (AH) and Iron Treads both help with Miraidon, and Pokemon like Great Tusk, Scream Tail, (AC) and Skeledirge can provide defensive solidity against Koraidon.
  • This Palafin set functions best with a sturdy defensive backbone alongside it, to mitigate the impact of Zero to Hero. As such a result, this Palafin it does not work as well on more hyper offensive playstyles.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Aberforth, 249382]]
- Quality checked by: [[corvere, 306317], [Eledyr, 415367]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)