SS OU Bulky Balance Ft AV Goodra & Spicy Yawn Tech (First RMT)

I've been playing for years but this is my first RMT. It's honestly fuelled by the surprising success and flow i'm having with this team.
I would say the team's greatest strength is having the ability to check most mons without having any passivity.
The greatest weakness would be the reliance on predictions and baiting with 3 choice users and 2 4x weaknesses and 5 type immunities.
I'll just go straight into the pokemon and hopefully I can elaborate enough.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Serious Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Ice Beam
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

First off is Swampert, 99% of the time he's the mon i lead with and functions as a defensive pivot by virtue of his bulk + typing. I see Swampert ran with SpDef often but i went full physical bulk for EVs because most leads are physical and 4X ice weakness pokemon are physical.
Outside of being able to erase the likes of Garchomp and Lando with Ice Beam and anything without a grass attack can't threaten him out on turn 1 due to his busted typing. Flip turn allows him to keep the early momentum as well as be a pivot throughout the game later, It also allows him to better bait in grass types. Stealth rock is standard and usually what you're clicking on the first turn.

YAWN!! I've personally not seen anyone else running it so i might be crazy here but it feels so powerful. After rocking you can yawn into flip turn and either you get to choose who comes into a sleeping enemy or into who he was forced to switch into, putting insane pressure from the start. Alternatively if the enemy rocks and switches you get a nice yawn on the enemy that just switched in. Additionally Yawn also prevents Swampert from becoming setup fodder. Oh and Yawn makes you win any rocks-defog stands off.

Leftovers is to give him some form of regeneration and 30IVs just to have a slower flip turn than enemy Swamperts (has yet to actually pay off ever but i have faith)

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Mystical Fire
- Roost
- Scorching Sands

I instantly loved the idea of a viable molters thanks to boots and thought he'd be great alongside swampert, covering significant weaknesses and helping to deal with physical attackers thanks to Flame Body. EVs afford Moltres some bulk while hitting hard enough to still be threatening. Mystical Fire and Scorching Sands offer decent coverage and SS can be used to faster fish for burns while MF absolutely blockades special attackers who switch into it. Defog and Roost are for trap removal and longevity.

Through burns and SpA drops (and how hard he walls grassy glide) Moltres forces so many switches. Boots are sooo important and if Moltres is essential to check something not he enemy team prioritise never letting him eat the Knock Off. Generally much like Swampert its never really going to check something that can 4X smack it (outside of some random surprises)

Moltres is the defogger when needed and other wise is a strong check to physical threats that Swampert can't handle as well as some special attackers like Heatran.One of the primary reasons I have Ice Beam on Swampert is to avoid pitting Moltres against Lando and Grachop who might carry Stone Edge.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

Goodra forms the final part fhe defensive core. An AV coupled with an insane 150 SpDef makes it a monster, in addition to grass immunity with Sap Sipper which allows it to cover for Swampert and especially Leech Seed (I hate that move). I know I get no use of the attack boost and i guess that's my main issue with Goodra. I think he has insane coverage but with only 4 moves this seems to be the best coverage since Swampert has Ice Beam. HP and Speed EVs are the default Smogon ones, I've tried playing with different values but can't quite find a sweet spot. I was going to max his SpD but he already tanks them like a Blissey. He can absolutely wall most special attackers while being able to fight back easily.

Predictions are very rewarding with Goodra because typically when the enemy sees a thunderbolt did 8% they're gonna switch out. Besides fishing for poison Sludge Bomb is there if you predict a Fairy switch, unless its Magearna then you Fire Blast. In the absence of Steel and Fairy types you're free to Draco Meteor for some guaranteed chunk or sometimes a KO. Never stay in against another Dragon type.

Definitely lacks any regeneration but his bulk and coverage he should often be forcing switches virtually unscathed and getting free damage in. Also Sap Sipper puts grass spam in the trash where it belongs.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower

The first of three choice users. I go for Banded and Adamant Rilaboom for maximum damage from his first turn. Grassy Glide serves as priority for the team and can let Rilaboom sweep if checks are removed or weakened enough. U-Turn is for momentum and still chips enemies significantly and sometimes killing them. Knock off is never bad to click if you're not sure who the enemy is switching to. HH is there for coverage but rarely used, i guess Superpower and Wood Hammer could be alternatives. Also is a good switch in if you predict an EQ.

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Magearna serves as a powerful check for things that fall through the cracks of first four. Everyone knows how powerful this pokemon is just from its typing and base stats. It has enough base bulk to check anything it counters, specs and full SpA allows it to be a potent wallbreaker. Fleur Cannon is the highest damage you can click on this team. Focus Blast is for Steel types and Volt Switch allows you to pivot while doing significant damage to any non ground type, while also useful for bulky water types it's very unlikely they will stay in to begin with. Finally Trick is there to cripple any tanks or mons that don't want to be locked.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
- U-turn

Finally Victini the last addition to the team. I tried A LOT of pokemon's but none felt right. Mainly needing speed control i went for a classic personal favourite. Victini has solid 100 base stats but what makes him very powerful is his moves. V-create is a whopping 180 power STAB revenge killing anything that doesn't resist it. Bolt Strike is there for coverage as a 135 power move. U-turn is there for momentum and Trick is here for the same reason as Magearna.

Zen Headbutt is a potential option. I know a 2nd Trick and a 3rd electric attack might be redundant, and a weakness to rock means in some games i can't freely bring him in often. But even with rocks up always it means you can bring him in for 4 revenge kills and so far he does the job i need of him and I can avoid using him while still having an active Grass Water Fire core.

Here is the importable version: https://pokepast.es/9c65753d91166eb9

can answer any questions and I would love any feedback. Hope you enjoy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)