Bulky Hyper Offense? - My newest team (with extended threatlist)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
So This is my newest team. I literally was trying to make yet another hyper offense team, but kept changing stuff...and changing stuff...until i reached this, which is maybe a bulky offense variant? i really couldn't tell you.

don't want this to be long cause can

Recently I played XY ubers. This was a meta I wanted to like, but it was maybe the most difficult meta to get good at (if you don't know what i'm talking about, go to the ubers teambuilding philosophy thread, what every team has to reliably counter is kinda ridiculous). Eventually i made a very functional, pretty good team seen in the link in my descrip (will probs take down soon). It got me very into teambuilding, as i build maybe 20-30 drafts of teams (each took 10-15 mins) and took from only the best to test, and then took the best build. It really got me into synergyzing, and writing out how i counter and beat common threats and teams. I started to make a hyper offensive team, and like usual, struggled to find usable special attackers. That is actually the benign of HO, #1 is the extreme lack of special attackers that are worthy of a teamslot. So While making the team, I began to make odd changes...That ended up transforming the team into a mix of bulky offense and hyper offense. I really couldn't tell you which it is, i'm sure you all can try to figure it out.

So like i said, i started looking toward HO. the team pretty much transformed, and its really more like bulky hyper offense, i guess. This will take a while.

Deo-D (dual screens)

One of my favorites for my HO. dual screens make it so my setup sweepers are untouchable while i'm setting up. stuff such as mega TTar can get to +2 or 3 on almost anything without a fighting move

Deo-D + CharX

Classic core or HO, i decided not to deviate too far from the norm as i didn't want to go that far out.

Deo-D + CharX + BandNite

I really wanted an excuse to use Bandnite, i have never used it before but know exactly how it works and exactly how good it is.

Deo-D + CharX + BandNite + SubToxic Aegislash

Sub Toxic was another set i was yet to abuse, and helped well with this team.

Deo-D + CharX + BandNite + SubToxic Aegislash + Latios

Defog support helloooo...

Ive kept it relatively short so far but now i am going to start extending as i get into the nitty-gritty and actually get to the main changes of the team.

I found a lack of special attackers striking...bandnite is obviously my physical wallbreaker, while aegi is the special wallbreaker, but besides latios, i had no way to break physical walls that could hit aegislash. I really couldn't think of a good filler, so i decided, ive done the same playstyle and have about 30-40 very good teams of it and ive done it to death. herefore i was sick of the same stuff and wanted to try something different. UBER INSPIRATION. jk i'm an asshole.

Earth Plate Landorus-T + CharX + BandNite + SubToxic Aegislash + Latios

So i decided to change my lead to Landorus-T. It actually fitted pretty well, i still can get up rocks, and have a NUKE in earthquake, as well as being able to u-turn out and scout. Landorus-T's earthquake is pretty ridiculous. I can rely on it to stop some hard hitting physical hitters without it having defense or HP investment.

Here i got confused. i needed a special wallbreaker, for those aegi couldn't handle, and i needed more bulk to run the mixed team i was running. So i continued to try to transform what i have while leaving a slot open when i got close

Landorus-T + Mega Charizard Y + BandNite + SubToxic Aegislash + Latios

A pokemon i have never had success with on hyper offense but wanted to try on bulky offense, say hello to special wallbreaker mega charizard Y. Drought fire blast...nuff said. I have always had trouble running megazardY, as it was really hard to use in HO due to its comparative slowness and its below average defensive typing. On this team however, i felt like it would fit much better, so as the new addition to the team

after this i gave up my sweeper, and i still wanted a bulky sweeper. even though this was gonna be bulky offense, i still felt like i needed something that could clean in a pinch.

Landorus-T + CharY + BandNite + Aegislash + Latios + Belly Drum Azumarill

So i went to one of my favorite pokemon to use in OU, Belly drum azumarill, a great cleaner. Normally i enjoy using azumarill as a hole puncher, as it does 50% to anything once it gets BD up, but i decided here to use it as a cleaner, once stuff that resists aqua jet has some damage on it, azumarill has a good ability to kill it. only talonflame and bandnite, as well as scizor, can kill this thing coming off unscaved. That and Ludicolo with grass knot. it doesnt exist however.

The Team: At A Glance

In Detail:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

The lead. This is my normal lead for the result of several things. The first of which is stealth rock, obviously. To me there isin't a single type of team that doesn't NEED rocks. Its one of the most important parts of the formula. If it wasn't we'd have sashmons EVERYWHERE. And there are very few sashmons around nowadays...The second reason i use him as my lead is obvious edgequake. earthquake 2hko's about 65% of the meta, especially coming from a guy with base 145 and stab on EQ. Stone edge provides near perfect neutral coverage. the third reason is u-turn, which provides amazing scouting abilities invaluable to my team. it really helps as a non-suicide lead, it allows me to see who my opponent will switch to knowing i am going to switch or u-turn out. Intimidate is a great defensive ability that really helps against offense, and EQ and u-turn can help demolish stall cores. This is a great lead, unfortunately not fitting on hyper offense, that I have finally found an excuse to use on a team.

(animalistic roar)

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

WallBreakerExtremeExtraordinare Mega Charizard-Y. The most potent wallbreaker in OU, Charizard-Y can break through everything bar the blobs and latias. It also fit perfectly what my HO teams never had: a rediculously powerful special attacker. Evs and Moveset are obvious. I am not running dragon pulse for dragon types, i find it really isn't worth it as this set shouldn't be breaking dragons in the first place. Fire blast in the sun is just unfair, and can clean even when needed. Solar beam hits annoying stuff like rotom-w, and focus blast deals with heatran and TTar, two of the most common charizard-Y switch-ins. i can opt for air slash in the fourth slot, but i don't want to, it really doesn't benefit the team as much as roost does. i am considering switching natures and evs and running a physical move to suprise the blobs and break AV users that try to wall this, but i really don't know what to run. I could run focus punch or brick break for the blobs, but i don't know if that is viable or not. advice would be appreciated. i WILL NOT run dragon pulse, it doesn't add enough in coverage to warrant a teamslot and this things special bulk is high enough i should be able to handle the lati's

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

BANDNITE!!!111 This guy is just cool. Banded Extremespeed is like Ekiller in ubers, and is just unfair in terms of cleaning power. Talonflame after it rk's something is often OHKO'd by ESpeed, if it switches into me it gets easily 2hko'd and i only get one hit on this thing. Multiscale is a psuedo super-effective berry, halving all attacks on the first strike. ESpeed is the most commonly used move, with all 3 other moves being secondary functions. Outrage provides an INSANE STAB reliable attack that obliterates slower teams. Fire punch and earthquake are coverage, Fire punch for Ferro and scizor and they absolutely wreck them, with earthquake destroying heatran and other bulky steel or fairy types. Band Dragonite was a poke i knew was very good, but just couldn't find a spot to use him in hyper offense, it just didn't work. Now i have and i'm glad i finally get to use such a force.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Aegislash cause AEGISLASH!! The sub-toxic set fits perfectly on bulky offense, shadow ball being a nuke and sub/toxic/king's shield being extremely likely stall material. this thing is semi-walled by bulky steels, but it really isin't the issue with this team since obviously my team handles steels pretty well on most ends. If it can't be toxic stalled, shadow ball has about a 70% chance to 2hko all steels that arent specially defensive (you too bronzong). This is a great set, and i hate its lack of use in the competitive metagame, with everybody using that stupid mixed set. I'm just going to say that this set FAR outclasses it. You want bulk? A Nuke? An easy stall as good as gliscor? turn here. Aegislash is a rediculous wall that absolutely torches everything in its path, and this is a set i love to the death. The function is obvious, toxic, then spam substitute and king's shield while your opponent takes damage. if you can safely get a sub up do it, it means you will get even more health back if you are successfully getting subs up as you can stall and still have near neutral health. This is a suprisingly good win condition and is a gliscor-like toxic staller.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Defog. So here is my defogger, and one of the most vital parts of the team. it is INCREDIBLY important i keep him alive until the opponent's rock setter is down, if they get up rocks and i am dead i am as good as screwed. Char-Y at half heath and BandNite without the multiscale. Not gonna happen. Draco meteor is literally an absolute destroyer against anything not steel or fairy, however i have to be wary of the SPA drop. psyshock helps deal with mega venusaur, and provides a psychic type stab for the team to deal with uncommon threats such as toxicroak (yes thats a thing) and scolipede (still a thing too). I am using thunderbolt over ice beam atm, it is a great way to break skarm that normally is very good at handling it. i am considering switching to ice beam, but i really don't know what is best for the team in the 4th slot. any and all suggestions will be taken into consideration. except surf. you better sell the shit out of surf.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 HP / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING, SUPERPOWER>WATERFALL. this is a late game cleaner, and with a BD up aqua jet cleans beautifully, doing 50% to everything in existence in OU (almost). Superpower and Play rough both are coverage, although this may be brought in early to kill a conkeldurr or something. This is my bulky offensive sweeper, as This is a very potent cleaner and can breach many common threats, even skarmory falls, as well as stuff like heatran and other common threats on most teams. the only way to revenge kill this is with talonflame or another bulky water that can ohko in return. The Speed evs are specific to outspeed mandibuzz, which can ohko with foul play if i don't run them. I also use it for important utility, and find that azumarill with 96 Hp evs doesn't gain very much. This thing fears burns, but as a cleaner, rarely sees them.

So for this RMT, i decided to do something a little different. I did this with my ubers thread, and it really helped me scope out my team and how i handled common threats. So i compiled a threatlist and added it to this thread, a threatlist that contains ALL of the common threats and how i counter or check each one, and defeat single pokes. That comprehensive threatlist can be seen by clicking the spoiler below:

Warning: long wall of text ahead
Major threats look like this
Aegislash:
Dragonite, Lando-T, and Char-Y can all hit him for super effective damage without contact.

Azumarill:
The Band set really isin't that hard to handle, its more of a tank than anything else. Belly Drum is handled by Latios, which can tank a Aqua jet and finish it with TBolt. Aegi can also play mind games and set up a sub while they waste a turn expecting king's shield.

Bisharp:
Switch prediction, Lando-T, and Dragonite handle bisharp at +2. I will have to sack something usually. Azumarill can revenge kill as well as most expect me to go ahead and belly drum, and i can ohko with superpower often without taking damage. Sucker punch will not ohko at +2 either, even after rocks.

Chansey:
Ugh this thing. Bandnite handles it late game, and so can azumarill, but usually it ends up just switching out forcing me to keep one alive so i don't just get stalled to death.

Mega-Charizard X
Azumarill walls it to death unless its the thunder punch variant (which i love, and is becoming more popular). Lando-T's intimidate can help if things get out of control. I don't expect to have a perfect counter to this as there are none in OU. Luckily we don't have to run anything obscure.

Mega-Charizard Y
A Relatively easy pokemon to handle in general since it isint a sweeper, it is definitely a threat. Latios often walls people who don't run dragon pulse (smart people might i add), while dragonite can also handle it pretty well.

Clefable:
While not exactly a "threat", it is something you need to know how to deal with, as mono-fairy typing is a bitch. since most clefables are specially defensive, dragonite and azumarill can handle it, and lando-t can usually beat it as well although that is not preferred

Conkeldurr:
So this thing can be a bitch. Dnite can kill it, as can azumarill, but it is still annoying as fuck for my life. Azu obviously doesn't like to come in since it could lose its BD capabilities, and Dnite doesnt like losing multiscale. Latios fears knock off and getting to low health in general since my team relies much on Defog.

Espeon:
Fucking nerf baton pass already you fucking retards.

Excadrill:
Lando-T handles it very well, and i find that dragonite can destroy it, as well as charizard Y beating non-scarf variants. overall a poke i should have more trouble with than i do, as even in sand i often am able to kill it without too much of a hassle.

ScarfChomp:
If i don't get ahead in pokemon numbers this thing is tough. if it has the oppurtunity to clean it will. poison jab variants are also tough since azumarill can't counter them. Other than that, Latios handles it and Aegislash can handle any one not locked into earthquake.

Greninja:
BandNite eats ones with chip damage for breakfast, although if i can't kill i get ohko'd by ice beam. Other than that its up to Char-Y and azu. this thing is a fucking pain to all of my teams and it destroys many offensive teams, suggestions appreciated

Gyarados:
DD taunt gyarados is tough, although latios can destroy it with TBolt. BandNite can handle it okay as well, i have to hope i don't come out paralyzed though. Aegi can wall most sets if it gets a sub up, or i shadow ball against a predicted taunt.

Mega Gyarados:
Potent dragon dance sweeper mega gyarados is fun to deal with. mold breaker cancels multiscale so all i can do is extremespeed. Other than that its up to aegislash and latios to try to get it low enough i can kill it.

Heatran:
Charizard Y obviously destroys it with focus blast, and Azu after being set up also obliterates tran with aqua jet. Both Bandnite and Lando-T can handle it with earthquake, or hit something else very hard on a predicted switch. Overall not a big threat

Keldeo:
Ahhhh....it has bad coverage, fortunately, and usually can be taken care of by dragonite, Latios, or Aegislash. Other than that it is a very big threat, since its so powerful in general as a stellar wallbreaker, to me only second to Char-Y. if this thing got ice beam...well it would probably be uber. Or on every team ever.

SubKyurem-B
prediction and valor. and hacks. to be honest its not that hard to handle for this team or any team for that matter, the only thing that made it used was stall, which I am seeing less of lately. even then, there are better stallbreakers (*cough*landorus*cough*MegaGyarados*cough*anythingwithtaunt*cough*)

Scarf Kyurem-B
Most underrated pokemon in the ENTIRE meta, hands down. Can really scrub through a lot of my team with the proper support, but i am not going to delineate it as a major threat due to the fact that it is scarfed and is really completely unused.

Landorus-I
The Stallbreaker itself. Not very hard to handle. Azu beats non-sludge wave, Char-X beats all sets, and Bandnite does it's thing. Overall this things main niche is against stall, but i really don't run anything close to stall except sub toxic on aegislash.

Landorus-T
A bitch. I don't like it cause it forces me to hold my latios, and that's really about it. Azumarill can take care of it, as can Latios and to an extent bandnite, but i don't like handling this thing, especially when it has such a nuke in earthquake.

Lati@s
Azumarill, Bandnite, Aegislash. If you don't know why then leave and learn to play this game please.

Mega Mawile
(screams) i hate it so much. While aegislash walls it until i shadow ball, it is so hard to handle and on teams its on i really must save bandnite for it or else it can easily clean my team. At +2 sucker punch destroys everything, and is absolute carnage for much of my team.

Mega Medicham
Revenge kills and priority. Since this thing doesn't pack priority besides maybe fake out/ bullet punch, Extremespeed twice, or aqua jet twice after some chip damage, will kill it. Latios can also RK it and switch in on most attacks. Aegislash also walls it to death, since most variants don't use knock off.

Pinsir
Bandnite handles it pretty well, and latios can revenge kill it even at +2. Landorus-T can also usually wall it when at high health, which is preferred of course due to me needing latios alive as long as possible.

Quagsire:
SDAOFIJWOGNWEROGH i hate it so much. Latios can ohko it, as can charizard-Y, and aegislash can toxic it and be immune to that and usually stall it out a bit or switch in to latios on a predicted earthquake. overall not something i have to worry about a lot but i still hate its guts.

Rotom-W
Hey...charizard ohkos with solar beam, and Latios can beat many. I still don't know why its the most common pokemon in OU, but w/e people are weird. Other than charizard, its actually kind of hard to handle.

Scizor
Bandzor is a beast, i learned that in ubers when i "had to use him for xerneas" and was amazingly suprised when he absolutely kicked ass. i remember a bad swagplay game for the opponent where my scizor sweeped his entire team at +2 6-0. Charizard Y, Aegislash, and BandNite can all kill it, with the previous 2 being able to counter it most of the time.

Skarmory
For so long it was a huge bitch to me, especially since i couldnt run anything but physical sweepers on hyper offense. Now its a non-threat. Charizard-Y destroys it, Aegislash can switch in and kill it, and Latios has thunderbolt for the exact reason of skarmory. Easy for this team to play around

Talonflame
Aegislash can counter it beautifully and walls it to death as long as i predict right. Latios can RK it and beat it with thunderbolt after tanking a predicted brave bird, and Dragonite can take care of it in a pinch using multiscale as a decoy for extremespeed (which outspeeds gale wings fuck yes)

Terrakion
Azumarill can usually take care of it once its locked in, and latios can pick off most of them with good prediction, or force it out on earthquake and get momentum rolling in my favor. If its locked into something other than EQ i can take care of it with aegislash.

Thundurus
An amazing poke that can fuck up my team. Prankster twave SUCKS and is awful for this team, nobody can afford to get paralyzed on this team. Bandnite can pick it off after some chip damage, but overall twave is a threat to this team's synergy.

AV Tyranitar
Dragonite can actually beat it most of the time, same with landorus-T unless its AV DD ttar in which case its GG but that shit doesn't exist luckily. AV TTar has a ridiculous special defense stat in the sand, which makes this such a pain, but it is manageable mostly.

Mega Tyranitar
Lando-T before it dragon dances can beat it with earthquake, and if it switches in on charizard-Y i might have a chance. Azumarill can usually revenge it but at the price of a good amount of my health. I really rely on prediction to beat DD TTar as it is very powerful and hard to kill.

Mega Venusaur
Char-Y's nuke fire blast can easily 2hko it, and latios' psyshock can kill it usually. Again, should be a bigger threat than it is, aegislash can usually wall it into next tuesday.

Skarm-Bliss-Tran
I must take out the chansey, otherwise i can't break through both. Charizard-Y takes care of both heatran and skarmory, but i must be able to break chansey before i try to break it, if i can break the special wall than the rest of the core will fall. Azumarill can also sweep the shit out of it if rocks are up.
VenuTran
Can be taken care of very easily but overall not fun as well. Latios beats venusaur and many things beat heatran, i must predict well to beat this stall core (as is the case on most offensive teams).

DeoDefiant
Defiant thundy is the most underrated pokemon in OU, its so unexpected and is really powerful. I can handle both bisharp and thundurus at +2, but i must sack dragonite's multiscale to do this.

more to be added.....

READ THE THREATLIST BEFORE YOU TELL ME A CERTAIN POKEMON IS A THREAT PLEASE.

The reason i posted this team: it isin't preforming as well as i would like it to, and i really don't know why.

So there is my RMT. By far the most detailed one i have ever made. rate please, comment on the team, etc.

Last edited:
Though I get the feeling your a lot better player than me, since I'm online here are a few things I think can point out :/

1. For charizard y I find focus blast terrible! Really it only hits heatran, tyranitar, and bisharp. For bisharp and tyranitar, dragonite can handle most variants as far as I'm concerned. My recommendation? Run earthquake. Kills heatran, and it won't miss.
2. Fast special attackers kind of shit on your team. If dragonite goes down mons such as gengar, greninja, a set up volcarona, and other Latias - and probably many more - are going to have a field day on this team. I feel like this could be solved if you put a solid scarfer on your team. Something like scarfchomp.
3. I don't agree with Latias as a special wall, for point 2. Dark and ghost as far as I'm aware is the best special attacking types this gen.

Really I think for a bulky offense team, it's too squishy. Now I hadn't tried this team so it may be different in practice, but you did say the team isn't performing well.

xJownage

1. Focus blast is far superior coverage and ohkos all ttars except AV. I need to save multiscale as long as i can on this team.

2. greninja is difficult, obviously, even with dragonite there, i must get chip damage on it. a solid scarfer somewhere would help, but idk where, i do not see any poke on this team not essential for its success at the moment....

3. Latios is not a special wall, its not even to be a special tank, as it is mainly an attacker with decent bulk and bad typing.

when i mean its not preforming well, i mean i feel like it could preform better. its not bad by any means.

HO is my number one issue.

1. Focus blast is far superior coverage and ohkos all ttars except AV. I need to save multiscale as long as i can on this team.

2. greninja is difficult, obviously, even with dragonite there, i must get chip damage on it. a solid scarfer somewhere would help, but idk where, i do not see any poke on this team not essential for its success at the moment....

3. Latios is not a special wall, its not even to be a special tank, as it is mainly an attacker with decent bulk and bad typing.

when i mean its not preforming well, i mean i feel like it could preform better. its not bad by any means.

HO is my number one issue.
Sorry I read the latias EVs wrong. lol derp. My bad. Very sorry about that, pretty stupid on my part. Well tbh that just strengthens my point that special attackers (which is HO...) would tear right through this.

I feel like azumarill could be replaced with a solid scarfer, but its up to you.

(also you would really risk a focus blast on a tyranitar?!!!! Probably (hopefully) not unless its end game. By that point solar beam kills anyways)

xJownage

Okay not gonna run scarfchomp for obv triple dragon types... This means i need a revenge killer, and cleaner. Terrakion maybe? if i use terrak i still have my bisharp check at +2 (and get attack boost) so i can threaten it with earthquake and close combat.

Probably will test scarf terrakion today when i get on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)