Bulky Offence feat. Zapdos

Hi Smogon! My previous stall team had moderate success, but I noticed that it had obvious flaws. So, I proceed with a different kind of team; bulky offence!

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
This guy is the hard hitter of my team. It can threaten anyone slower than it, and the bulky guys can take a hit (ttar, Blissey, chansey), are countered by roob. BoltBeamBlast for near perfect coverage, and roost to heal. I give para support with nattorei to compensate for its mediocre speed, (even though its most common switch-in is nattorei too, who doesn't need to be paralyzed). Other than that, those faster than it and are immune to t-wave give it problems, like Dory, Landlos, Garchomp. The former is handled by roob, and the latter is handled by starmie, if I can switch it in, and also is revenged by scizor.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
This guy counters ttar and bliss, often benefiting from the toxics and paralysis aimed at zapdos. This is the standard bulk up set, and it prevents dory from completely sweeping my team. Stone edge>payback because SE payback does the same damage as neutral SE on the switch, and I want to hit Landlos hard too. Its countered by psychics, who are outcountered by scizor.

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 188 Def / 124 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Recover
This guy is really buff, and it is my late game sweeper (hopefully). the set is standard, and I use it to counter roobs, as well as ripping holes with its awesome ability. its countered by scizor, who are countered by Zapdos.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
Nattorei gives me essential para support for my relatively slow team, as well as taking a few hits from dory. It also sets up rocks for my team, essential in scoring several kos. I have a bit of a problem with supporting this guy, because my fire resist is Starmie, who isn't that bulky. It can also take draco meteors from Latios, stalling it a bit and allowing it to paralyze.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Scizor revenge kills chomp, and rand, while pursuiting Latios, which is crucial for my team. It can also U-turn Rank, scouting the switch-in the first time, and then pursuiting the second time. SR and fire moves harm it a lot, but I have starmie for that, hopefully.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Starmie is my spinner, essential in gaining momentum, and it ice beams and hydro pumps rand and chomp. Boosted hydro pump kos tyranitar after 3 SR switch-ins, and recover is there because it can force switch-ins and recover on it. U-turners trouble this set a lot, especially hihidaruma, and I can't find a right answer to that, except switching to Zapdos and scizor

Threats
  1. Swords Dance Blaziken
  2. Butterfly Dance Urugamosu
  3. Rock Polish Randorosu
  4. Stall

Sorry for the late reply, but this seemed like a solid team, it didn't get a rate, so here. Most of the common threats can be handled by the team pretty well, it has a solid synergetic core of Roobushin and Rankurushu, so in terms of synergy it's solid. However, it seems like Swords Dance Blaziken can be a bit of a problem to deal with. It can grab a Swords Dance boosts by setting up on Scizor locked into Pursuit, or force Nattorei out. With a +2 Attack boost and +1 Speed boost (after Speed Boost), it will have the power to OHKO everyone on the team with Flare Blitz / High Jump Kick / Stone Edge and the speed to outpace every member. It's more of a threat if it uses Blaze Kick over Flare Blitz so it doesn't get worn out as easily. Offensive and Bulky variants of Butterfly Urugamosu can be troublesome; Stealth Rock will limit the potential of Offensive variants somewhat, although they can force out Nattorei and Scizor to set-up a Butterfly Dance. Again, it will have the power and coverage to OHKO everything on your team with +1 Fire Blast / Bug Buzz alone. Roobushin's and Scizor's priority is resisted by Urugamosu, however it will help wore it down along with its own Life Orb recoil and Stealth Rock weakness. Bulky variants however, don't face the same problem. They can recover off the 50% they lost while switching in via Morning Sun, and also force out Nattorei and Scizor for the boosts. It'll decimate the team similar to the offensive variant, and cause problems with its durability thanks to a recovery move and invested bulk. Late game, Rock Polish Randorosu can cause problems as well, initially putting huge dents in pretty much every member before going down, as you struggle to absorb its hits, especially in a Sandstorm. Finally, opposing Stall teams can be troublesome as well, as you lack a reliable Stall breaker to break down common Stall cores consisting of Chansey / Blissey | Skarmory / Nattorei | Burungeru. Skarmory can Taunt and set-up hazards on Nattorei. Blissey walls your Special Attackers (Rankurushu, Zapdos, Starmie), Skarmory walls the Physical attackers (Scizor, Roobushin), and Burungeru ensures Starmie doesn't spin away the hazards. The Stall team will also cause you to switch back and forth a lot as they wall you and you try to break through them, which will cause you to eat accumulating hazard damage.

Solutions:

• Solution A: Choice Band Azumarill over Starmie
Although Starmie provides a potent Special Attacker, it is frail, especially with no recovery and Life Orb recoil. Plus, it is your only Fire- type resist that Nattorei and Scizor will depend on, but it will get worn out quickly, meaning Fire- type attacks from the likes of Blaziken and Heatran will bring the team down. For this reason, I suggest you give Choice Band Azumarill a shot over Starmie. Azumarill along with its invested bulk will be able to take incoming Fire- type attacks better than Starmie while providing to be a fantastic revenge killer against Blaziken and Urugamosu with its Huge Power / Choice Band boosted Aqua Jet. Even Doryuuzu takes 99.7% minimum from Choice Band Azumarill's Aqua Jet.

• Solution B: Bronzong over Nattorei
To solve the issue against Rock Polish Randorosu, I'd like for you to try Bronzong. Bronzong is a solid check to many threats this generation, Rock Polish Randorosu being one of them. Randorosu fails to do enough damage to the bronze bell, as Earthquake is doesn't affect Bronzong due to levitate, and Hidden Power Ice and Stone Edge are resisted, whereas Bronzong can deliver back a KO with its own Hidden Power Ice. Bronzong still sets up Stealth Rock, and still takes on Latias and Latios' Draco Meteors really well, and also stops other Dragon- types from harming the team. It also dgaf about Speed because the slower it is, the more powerful its Gyro ball becomes. However the rest of the team will appreciate Paralysis support from...

• Solution C: Mischievous Heart Borutorosu over Zapdos
Same typing and stats as Zapdos, just with the ability to annoy the crap out of Stall. If you remember earlier, I mentioned Burungeru and Skarmory / Nattorei being part of common Stall cores. All three of them will hate facing Borutorosu as Taunt shuts them down, and Burungeru and Skarmory will be maimed by a Thunderbolt. Nattorei won't be doing much after its been Taunted. If Blissey doesn't have Ice Beam, it is also pretty much set-up bait for your sweepers, since Taunt will make it useless. Also on Scizor, go for 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef with Swords Dance over Pursuit and Iron Plate or Lum Berry over Choice Band. Scizor will appreciate Borutorosu scaring off or getting rid off Skarmory and Burungeru, and allow Scizor to set-up against the Stall team easier. If Blissey carries Ice Beam, she will face a serious threat against Swords Dance Scizor who will use her as set-up bait for SD boosts. Latias on Stall teams also troubles Borutorosu, which Scizor can take on pretty well.

Optional Changes:
On Roobushin, you can try Payback over Stone Edge if you wish since it will get rid off Burungeru with a swift hit, which will help Scizor and Azumarill in the long run.

Movesets:

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower / Toxic
- Ice Punch

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spe)
IV: 0 Speed IVs
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis / Toxic

Borutorosu (M) @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt / Volt Change
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So to summarize:
  • Choice Band Azumarill > Starmie
  • Bronzong > Nattorei
  • Mischievous Heart Borutorosu > Zapdos
  • SDefensive Swords Dance > Choice Band on Scizor

GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)