Bulky offense + Screen team (peaking 1300)

Here's my team:

1686176633611.jpeg

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 176 HP / 188 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

Versatile sweeping - Rarely gets a good matchup, but often has 3 or 4 50/50s which I can break through with swords dance + screens. Rarely the main sweeper. Tera normal to win the ghost matchups against gholdengo/dragapult. Also my favourite pokemon so often finds it's way on many of my teams.

1686176686066.jpeg

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
Tera Type: ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Surf
- Acid Armor

Covers alot of Decidueye's weakness: Flying, Fire, Ice, leaving out dark. Uses more of it's defense to sweep making it hard to set up but again, benefits a lot from screens. Tera ghost to dodge a fatal close combat/aura sphere

1686176718521.jpeg

Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Often the main sweeper, hard counters dark (helps deci and cresselia out alot), will clean late game if deci goes out early. Tera fairy for extra stab

1686176773681.jpeg

Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

My screen setter: I was considering using grimsnarl but moonlight provides necessary bulk. Also functions as a wall but again, amplifies the dark weakness :( around my team. Tera fairy to beat a dark type

1686176802010.jpeg

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog
- Body Press

Functions as a tank, defogger and pivot for the team. He is never the focus of the team. Tera ground to dodge 4x weakness to electric

1686176822609.jpeg

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Salt Cure
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Body Press /Stealth rock

Feeds off of Corvik's weakness to electric and usually does a great job walling them off. Tera flying is to take a cheeky kill against earthquake pokemon. The rest of this pokemon is very regular.

Thanks a lot for reviewing this team - any suggestions, please leave down below and I'll use your advice to make this team better. (Shoot this is where I give a really good ending joke what do I say?)

Attachments

Hey, ive got a question, why is the EV spread on your decidueye the way it is? like what should/does it accomplish?

:Goodra-Hisui:-->:heatran:
You might benefit from swapping out H Goodra for Heatran. It still fits with bulky offensive, covers your weaknesses, and IMO just does a better job. I'll leave a set for you to try out!

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume/ magma storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt/ protect
- Will-O-Wisp

:Decidueye:-->:meowscarada:
Also, I wish Decidueye was better but sadly it's not. With that in mind, consider using Meowscarada. It still hits hard as a grass type and gets a busted ability and priority in sucker punch.

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off/ play rough
- U-turn

:iron valiant:
Other than that I would suggest swapping out aura sphere on Iron Val for Close Combat so you're able to hit hard with a stronger move and a physical one too. Helps against being walled by a bulky SPD mon. You'll have to change your nature too so you're not -ATK.

:garganacl:
Also, Garg is a little wonky and not optimal.

The Garg (Garganacl) (F) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense/ curse
- Protect/ stealth rock
- Recover

I personally don't like SR on garg, but it helps to have it no matter who it's on. Also, Garg does really well with high SPD because it can bulk up its defense pretty easily and tera water helps remove most of its weaknesses without much of a counter too. As for its other moves, once you know if an opposing mon has covert cloak it's pretty easy to play around so I typically just opt for salt cure because its a gross move and can easily eat through teams.

If you have questions feel free to reach out. I made this post kind of quick so I apologize if its a little spacey and hard to follow...

Anyway, good luck :)

Hey, ive got a question, why is the EV spread on your decidueye the way it is? like what should/does it accomplish?
Attack and Health for overall bulk, Speed is so that it can out speed majority of slow Pokemon. Thanks for asking!

:Goodra-Hisui:-->:heatran:
You might benefit from swapping out H Goodra for Heatran. It still fits with bulky offensive, covers your weaknesses, and IMO just does a better job. I'll leave a set for you to try out!

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume/ magma storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt/ protect
- Will-O-Wisp

:Decidueye:-->:meowscarada:
Also, I wish Decidueye was better but sadly it's not. With that in mind, consider using Meowscarada. It still hits hard as a grass type and gets a busted ability and priority in sucker punch.

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off/ play rough
- U-turn

:iron valiant:
Other than that I would suggest swapping out aura sphere on Iron Val for Close Combat so you're able to hit hard with a stronger move and a physical one too. Helps against being walled by a bulky SPD mon. You'll have to change your nature too so you're not -ATK.

:garganacl:
Also, Garg is a little wonky and not optimal.

The Garg (Garganacl) (F) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense/ curse
- Protect/ stealth rock
- Recover

I personally don't like SR on garg, but it helps to have it no matter who it's on. Also, Garg does really well with high SPD because it can bulk up its defense pretty easily and tera water helps remove most of its weaknesses without much of a counter too. As for its other moves, once you know if an opposing mon has covert cloak it's pretty easy to play around so I typically just opt for salt cure because its a gross move and can easily eat through teams.

If you have questions feel free to reach out. I made this post kind of quick so I apologize if its a little spacey and hard to follow...

Anyway, good luck :)
Thanks a lot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)