SV OU BULKY OFFENSE TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeeMoon78

Banned deucer.
BULKY OFFENSE (pokepast.es)

Clodsire is used for unaware and because it has amnesia + curse.
Clodsire is tera steel for stored power.
Clodsire has waterfall to hide ceruledge and most pokemon except storm drain/water absorb.

Chi-Yu is my special wall with will-o-wisp to cripple psychical attackers.
Chi-Yu has nasty plot so it could setup and sweep.
I used Chi-Yu because Chien Pao has recover but bad defenses.

Hawlucha is for mold breaker.
It also defogs and beats clodsire and skeledirge with acrobatics.
It has the berry for its sp defense and acrobatics

Umbreon is my psychical wall.
He sweeps with stored power
He has dark pulse + stored power for coverage.

Klefki is for prankster.
Klefki sweeps with calm mind + iron defense + stored power.
Its tera psychic to avoid ground damage and to boost stored power.

Wo-Chien is my special + psychical wall which ingrains.
It sets up on basically everything and sweeps with snarl and giga drain.
Its tera poison to avoid toxic.

Most of the team is tera poison/steel to avoid toxic or poison.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey! Unique team.

By the way, you can use colons to quickly add images/sprites of Pokemon into your post. For example, :Pokemon: Obviously just replace "Pokemon" with the Pokemon's name. You can use a / to change which generation that sprite comes from. For example, :rb/pokemon: It easily adds a bit of life to a post, though you don't need to overdue it. Just figured I'd share.

Anyway, the obvious thing about your team is that it is chock-full of unviable mons. The only two OU Pokemon are Clodsire and Chi-yu. There is nothing wrong with this necessarily, but I would recommend checking out the OU Viability Rankings for a up-to-date catalogue of which Pokemon are viable in the metagame right now.

That said, first I'd recommend changing Waterfall off of your Clodsire. As you mentioned, it means you are walled by Water Absorb/Storm Drain mons, but you also really aren't going to be breaking past the very common Dondozo, who resists Waterfall and ignores boosts with its own Unaware. I would suggest dropping Amnesia all together, since Clodsire already has very good Special bulk. This will give you room for two attacks, which I suggest being Earthquake and Body Press. EQ is just a great STAB, and Body Press scales with Curse.

That said, I would moreso just recommend running the more standard Clodsire set. It seems most of your Pokemon on this team are sweepers, so you really don't need Clodsire to be running a Curse set. This set would work just fine, since your team currently lacks hazards.

:clodsire:
Clodsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Chi-yu is a fantastic Pokemon but your set is not at all optimized for its strengths. The Clodsire set above is a much more effective Special Wall and there are other Pokemon, like Garganacl, Assault Vest Great Tusk and Slowking, who are better options than Chi-Yu in this role.

If you are going to run Chi-yu, you want to maximize it's power and speed. If you want to continue running a Nasty Plot set, I would recommend,

:Chi-yu:
Chi-Yu @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

The Hawlucha set is the set that most made me go
1673110328568.png

That said, while Mold Breaker Defog is neat for defogging against Gholdengo, there are better options to this end, and I think Defog is wasted on Hawlucha, who you want to be setting up and attacking as much as possible. Talonflame, for example, is a better choice, since it threatens Gholdengo with its Fire-type STAB; this Hawlucha can Defog on Gholdengo, sure, but it really doesn't scratch Gholdengo at all- all you'd really be accomplishing is giving it free-turns to cripple you with Trick or set up with Nasty Plot.

An alternative would be Great Tusk, who- while it is spinblocked- is threatening enough to Gholdengo with its access to Knock Off and super-effective Ground-type STAB.

:Great Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

BUT If you want to keep Hawlucha on the team- as this is a certainly unique set that will catch some by surprise- I would recommend slotting Great Tusk either over Umbreon or Wo-Chien and replacing Hawlucha's Defog with either Taunt, Roost or Thunder Punch. No more Defog means that you have no reason to run Mold Breaker, so I'd recommend swapping that with Unburden. If you do so, I'd run a set of 252 HP / 120 Sp.D / 132 speed EVs so that you outspeed Scarf Chi-yu and +1 Iron Valiant after the Unburden boost. This is important, because even after achieving +1, you're still melted quite thoroughly by their Overheats and Moon Blasts. The extra boost of speed can help in these match-ups.

Even then it is completely walled by Dondozo, but... with those changes maybe you can get more mileage out of it.

I would recommend letting go of Wo-Chien completely. This set is still completely demolished by most common sets in the metagame, like Specs Chi-yu, Iron Valiant, Annihilape, Great Tusk, Cinderace, etc. Getting to set up a Growth or Ingrain while being able also spam Snarl just does not seem feasible at all. Plus, there is no need to have 3 dark-type sweepers on your team. This is the Pokemon I most recommend swapping for the Great Tusk set above.

Further, I would suggest replacing Umbreon with Curse Dondozo:

:Dondozo:
Dondozo @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Liquidation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Body Press

On a team with so much Curse/Stored Power/Calm Mind/Bulk Up type sweepers, I am totally floored that you don't already have Dondozo! This thing is very crazy in that role while also serving as one of the best physical walls in the tier. If you go through with most of my suggests already, you'll be a bit weak to Water-spam, like from Quaquaval and Floatzel, and this thing will really be able to help with that. The reason I suggest Helmet over Leftovers is to better deal with Annihilape, whose Bulk Up + Taunt sets really give this team trouble right now. Rocky Helment turns allows Dondozo to turn Annihilape's presence into it's own opportunity to set up, just keep Cursing and Resting. I suggest Rest since you have no Leftovers.

Umbreon, I would recommend a couple things. With all the changes I've suggested, I do not think that Umbreon is necessary any longer, you have Dondozo and Great Tusk to wall physical attackers & Clodsire to wall special attackers. Other Pokemon that can do what this Umbreon set does, include:

:hatterene:
Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Protect

And big Garg
:Garganacl:
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Body Press
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense

I would also recommend something like Grimmsnarl, who can set up screens to help things like Hawlucha, who can really use the support. If you want to maintain a Dark-type, you can also try Kingambit:
:kingambit:
Kingambit @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch

I also have the shout-out Espathra, the premier Stored Power Pokemon, but the reason I wouldn't super recommend it is because it needs a lot more support than what your team can provide right now- like Screens + Shed Tail- otherwise I do not think its the most optimal choice.

For the last slot, Klefki, I would recommend swapping it for something that can muscle past Dondozo, who right now really walls this whole team. One option is Rotom-Wash, who can hit it with it's Super-Effective Electric coverage and cripple it with Trick:

:Rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Meowscarada is another option, with its Crit Flower Trick hitting through any boosts Dondozo might build up:
:meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flower Trick

...Hope this helps!

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi Banned deucer! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions on desktop for each member (you're currently cusping 1-2) to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)