SV OU Bulky Volcarona + Black Glasses Kingambit Hyper Offense (#1, 2080. 88.1 GXE)

This is a unique Hyper Offense made around the idea of having Volcarona or Kingambit provide a late game sweep and using the midgame to break their answers.

Peak (Pokemon Player 230)
IMG_2188.jpg

Team
:Glimmora: :Kingambit: :Volcarona: :Dragonite: :Great Tusk: :Enamorus:

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mud Shot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock

Glimmora Functions as a lead to set up Stealth Rocks then die or trade 1v1 if more useful. Mud Shot is slotted over Earth Power for opposing lead Glimmora and the speed drop can help against a variety of leads into it like Darkrai, Dragapult, Excadrill, Gouging Fire, and Garchomp. Mortal Spin was not used because of Great Tusk already removing hazards. Power Gem and Dazzling Gleam give coverage into Corviknight, Skarmory, Gliscor, Roaring Moon and Great Tusk. Tera Ghost just for Rapid Spin. Against a Samurott Lead I tend to lead Enamorus instead and Volcarona into a Iron Crown lead.

Kingambit (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance​

Unlike Leftovers Kingambit, Tera Dark Black Glasses is solely used as a late game sweeper by sacrificing any defensive utility for overpowering dark stab. Very straight forward Pokemon, Use teammates to weaken/kill answers then click supreme overlord boosted unboosted or +2 dark moves to finish off every pokemon. Running a max speed kingambit for Skeledirge and opposing Kingambit after they tera. Kingambit will often be what you try to make the end game be favorable for.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Water/Dragon
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun​

Bulky Volcarona is able to check HDB Kyurem, Valiant, Archaludon, Ghold, and more. It also adds a scary end game sweeper while providing mid game defensive pressure. EVS let it outspeed darkrai at +1 while rest poured into hp/defense. Water/Dragon give similiar resist but water lets you better answer kyurem, walking wake, manaphy, and primarina. Dragon better answers Ogerpon-Wellspring and Zapdos. Bug Buzz+Fiery gives really good stab into a lot of offensive teams and teams that lack toxapex or skeledirge. This serves as a secondary win condition or a strong defensive pokemon depending on the matchup and is really versatile even if it cant touch pokemon on the opponents team.

Dragonite (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hurricane
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam​

AV mixed Dragonite gives more defensive utility to this team and is able to provide strong offensive pressure. Hurricane/EQ/Ice beam can be really hard to switch into while espeed gives priority. Being able to pivot into specs wake under sun, iron moth, volcarona, heatran and more is really nice for HO who can struggle with switch ins. I haver mostly used it to trade vs annoying mons or bait in tusk and ohko it for gambit. Fairy is just to add a strong neutral type and immunity to draco from wake and raging bolt.

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Headlong Rush
- Bulk Up
- Rapid Spin​

Tusk serves as the glue to this team. Able to spin hazards for knocked Volcarona and Dragonite, while checking opposing Dragonite, Gouging Fire, Roaring Moon, Kingambit, Excadrill and more. BU booster speed gives speed control and +1 headlong and Ice Spinner can be difficult to switch into for offensive teams. Tera Steel is used for Ice,Grass, Fairy, and Psychic resist and the ability to set up on gliscor.

Enamorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Tera Blast
- Superpower
- Taunt
Mixed Physical Biased Enamorus rounds out the Team. Taunt let you annoy mutliple defensive pokemon like Gliscor, Clodsire, Skamory and more. Superpower+ Tera Blast Ghost lets you set up then blast through Glowking, Skeledirge, Toxapex With Taunt, Blissey, Milotic, Gholdengo, etc. Moonblast rounds out coverage because Play Rough Is throwing and bad.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2024264649 - I Played Poorly Early On but shows Volcarona having insane MU
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022994820 - Game vs HO, Shows how you can trade with team.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022755161 - Game vs a very cool Weezing team, Had to outplay a very bad MU here but tusk shows good midgame breaking.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022680859?p2 - Solid game against Balance, This was with a different Enam set.

Weaknesses.
:Iron Boulder: - Clicks SD and kills everything. need to get it in gambit range if it can still tera.

:Milotic: + :Skeledirge: + any Gambit answer - Hard core to Break - Have to commit tera on Enam and avoid scald burns.

:Gouging Fire: - The 3 attacks sets with dragon stab hurts, Can be put into gambit range.

:Dragapult: - Wisp/Twave sets are annoying as can cripple everyone.

:Excadrill: :Barraskewda: - Both are fast and strong, Need to be put into gambit range.

:Garganacl: - tera water curse wins, crit or position well.

Thank You For Reading

bro when i read "This is a unique Hyper Offense made around the idea of having Volcarona or Kingambit provide a late game sweep and using the midgame to break their answers."

I was like this looks like some normal ass ho, but once i read AV MIXED DRAGONITE, i shut up.

sorry boss keep doing ur thing.

NICE. I have to say, i am a sucker for the classics( gen 1> type of guyish), but Kingambit and Raging Bolt seem to be a lot of fun. Will be posting the first draft of my team tomorrow as well, so stay tuned. And have fun, bro!

I love this team. This Dragonite set is absolutely crazy, it always catches people off guard and seems to have a tool for everything. Every member of the team is good at making progress in their own way. If I had to make one suggestion, I find myself not using Gleam on Glimmora very often. I may try experimenting with Sludge Wave or Energy Ball in that slot and see if that can open up some different avenues. Awesome job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)