SM OU BuluTran Balance

Do you think that this team is well Built?

• Total voters
BuluTran Balance.

Welcome to my new SM OU RMT. I am Norman2509 and I am an experienced Ubers player ( I think so ). I haven't touched OU for a while so I decided to try OU this generation. So yeah, I am going to show you a team which is very successful for me.

Description:

Tapu Bulu + Heatran is a good Stallbreaking core in this gen. Tapu Bulu with Band hard hits everything, Somehow things like Celesteela and Rocky Helmet Tangrowth can check it. This is where Heatran comes in and kill its checks. Heatran with SubToxic and Magma Storm can remove Stall members one by one so Stall isn't a problem for my team. Then I decided to add a Defensive backbone for this team. Landorus-T and Mantine works very well as a team. Landorus-T can work as a Physical wall,sets up Stealth rock and can killl Common Rock-Types and Electric-Types which checks Mantine. On the other hand, Mantine works as a Special wall which removes hazards by Defog and checks common Fire and Water types. Mantine is considered as one of the best Anti-Rain Pokemon so I decided to use it with Landorus-T. Then I decided to have a Win condition and a Speed revenge killer. Magearna works as a Set-Up sweeper as well as a check for Tapu Lele teams. Scarf Dugtrio saves me against Tapu Koko and Nihilego because Landorus-T can't check HP-Ice Nihilego and HP-Ice Koko, This is where Dugtrio comes in and Traps them.

Sets Description:

Maximum Speed and Attack investment with Choice Band allows Tapu Bulu to outspeed slower threats that it checks such as Tyranitar, Landorus-T and Tapu Fini. Maximum Speed with a Timid nature allows Heatran to outspeed Jolly Tapu Bulu, Substitute and Toxic works well against stall teams. Leftovers is mandatory for Heatran to use Substitute. Earth Power is used to hit Poison types such as Toxapex. An Impish nature allows Landorus-T to better check physical attackers. Rocky Helmet damages the contact move users. Earthquake is the Primary STAB move for Lando. HP-Ice hits Opposing Lando and Zygarde. I gave Mantine a Mixed EV set which helps it to tank some Physical attack ( Although the EV spreads are from Smogon anyway LOL ) and Mantine works as an Anti-Rain mon which eats water attacks by it's ability. I run a different Magearna SG set because I wanted Magearna to run it's respective STAB moves in order to hit harder supported by Life orb which actually worked well as a Sweeper. Choice Scarf Dugtrio is used to compress the roles of a revenge killer and trapper which checks things like Tapu Koko and Nihilego respectively.

Final words:

Short and sweet right? I know. I don't want to make such a big RMT since I have works to do irl. Use this team only after 1500+ in ladder and it works perfectly in Tournament/Serious battle's. Waiting for some Suggestions and Improvements. You can give your Suggestions below and Thanks a lot for reading this RMT.

Importable:
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

Magearna @ Fightnium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

As usual, I'll go to my corner now.

Last edited:

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
The Magearna set is subpar. Run this instead:
Magearna @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast / Aura Sphere
This let's it get a Soul heart boost much more easily and begin to sweep. LO also wears it down too quickly.

That's it, really. The team is otherwise good to go!

I wouldn't really call this balance, it's more or less a bulky offense. But I agree with BPGXMG about the Magearna set but I'm wondering why you're running scarf on Dugtrio. I would suggest changing it to Focus Sash Dugtrio instead or if you don't want to run Sash Dugtrio you can opt for a AV Magearna and give Dugtrio the Z move if you want. It'll help you with no Shed Shell Toxapex.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
IVs: 21 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Substitue / Memento

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Substitute
- Reversal / Toxic

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

I wouldn't really call this balance, it's more or less a bulky offense. But I agree with BPGXMG about the Magearna set but I'm wondering why you're running scarf on Dugtrio. I would suggest changing it to Focus Sash Dugtrio instead or if you don't want to run Sash Dugtrio you can opt for a AV Magearna and give Dugtrio the Z move if you want. It'll help you with no Shed Shell Toxapex.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Substitue / Memento

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Substitute
- Reversal / Toxic

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch
I am not that experienced in OU but thanks for the suggestion. I will try Focus Sash Dugtrio and the Magearna set that BPGXMG suggested. Thanks for the suggestion you both.

I am not that experienced in OU but thanks for the suggestion. I will try Focus Sash Dugtrio and the Magearna set that BPGXMG suggested. Thanks for the suggestion you both.
Scarf dugtrio is only really useful if you struggle to deal with Tapu Koko which tbh you can play around with bulu and would have to be careful with Lando because of Hp Ice. If Koko is an issue then scarf dugtrio isn't an awful set.

But as said above, Z move or sash tends to be more effective

Edit: Forgot to mention you can outspeed +1 Zard X and Volcarona but you deal with them quite well with the combination of Landorus and Mantine. Mentioning this so you have a heads up if you continue to run scarf duggy.

Last edited:

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Substitue / Memento

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Substitute
- Reversal / Toxic

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch
Scarf dugtrio is only really useful if you struggle to deal with Tapu Koko which tbh you can play around with bulu and would have to be careful with Lando because of Hp Ice. If Koko is an issue then scarf dugtrio isn't an awful set.

But as said above, Z move or sash tends to be more effective

Edit: Forgot to mention you can outspeed +1 Zard X and Volcarona but you deal with them quite well with the combination of Landorus and Mantine. Mentioning this so you have a heads up if you continue to run scarf duggy.
I tested it out. Not helping me because Tapu Bulu can't check Tapu Koko. Bulu isn't a wall, Tapu koko can escape from Arena Trap by U-Turn. This is why I am using a Scarf Dugtrio in order to kill the threats easily so the remaining team can function well.

Neat team, but I think your Tapu Bulu set is subpar. Choice Band cannot break stall. Stall can play around it with Skarmory + Mega Sableye too easily. So, I suggest you change it to Swords dance Tapu Bulu. I'm at a loss as to the item (you could run leftovers I suppose) since you already have a Z-Move users. All you have to do is replace Stone Edge with Swords Dance and change the item. I don't think this requires an importable.

Good luck with the team! I hope I was helpful n_n

Felixx

I'm back.
Swords Dance Life Orb Bulu eats stall pretty easily, just a note that grassy terrain weakens lando and duggys eq so play around that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)