ORAS OU Bunnies and Frogs (An ORAS RMT based around Mega Lopunny and Greninja)

Hi everyone, today I'll be RMTing a mega lopunny team I recently made. This is my first RMT for ORAS, and there are so many broken interesting megas out there, so I just decided to test out mega lopunny, and so far I like it :)

Changes are in red!
Teambuilding Process

I started with this offensive core, both lopunny and greninja are really fast and hit very hard, one being a special attacker, and the other being a physical attacker.

The core has trouble with talonflame and scarf lando-t so I added a rotom-w to take care of both threats.

Ferrothorn was added to give my team t-wave support, set up rocks, and spread leech seed giving my team passive recovery, which is very helpful. He also walls lots of stuff.

Scarf lando-t was slapped onto the team because I needed an electric immunity, he's one of the best scarfers out there, helps with physical threats to this team, and he is my secondary birdspam check, along with checking lots of other mons.

I realized I needed hazards removal, so I chose latios as my defogger, she also works as a nuke with draco meteor.
And the team was completed!

In-Depth analysis

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber ---> Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Meet the star of the team, mega lopunny! Mega lopunny has a great movepool, unresisted coverage with normal and fighting + scrappy, is insanely fast, and hits decently hard. Limber is chosen so that sometimes if lopunny has not mega evolved yet, then I can dodge a t-wave and avoid being crippled. Return and HJK are mega lopunny's main STAB moves, they have perfect coverage together with scrappy, and have really high base power and hit insanely hard coming off of it's scary 136 base attack stat. I chose fake out over healing wish because the ability to mega evolve safely is better than the ability to let another member sweep again, and when I tested healing wish, I hardly ever used it. Fake out also gives my team priority and can help revenge kill mons that have been weakened. Ice punch is mainly for gliscor and lando-t, as they wall me, and honestly there isn't any other better coverage move other than thunder punch, which hits slowbro, but I have multiple ways of dealing with mega slowbro (who needs to be banned). The EV spread is a simple 252/252 spread, and jolly is chosen over adamant speed tieing other mega lopunny can be very helpful.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Changed greninja's nature to naive to take physical priority better, and changed the EV spread beacuse gunk shot still OHKOes azumarill after SR, and I have ferrothorn for it anyway. Changed Hydro Pump for HP Fire because it hits mega scizor and ferrothorn, while hydro pump was sort of unreliable and gunk shot hits basically as hard and has a chance to poison.
Meet the second star of the team, greninja the ninja frog. In ORAS, Greninja got gunk shot which is really really awesome because now it can beat most of it's counters and offensive checks, like sylveon, clefable, and azumarill. Hydro Pump is pretty standard, Ice Beam kills stuff like landorus, gliscor, hippodown (if you're too scared of using hydro pump and missing), dragonite etc. It also allows greninja to beat most of the common defoggers like mandibuzz, zapdos and the lati twins. Gunk shot is used to hit azumarill mainly, and 40 attack EVs guarantees the OHKO on standard AV Azu. Dark Pulse is for mega slowbro mainly, and sometimes starmie which is rarer. It also hits physically defensive rotom-w for some good damage. Basically I put 40 attack EVs into attack because that's whats needed to OHKO azumarill, then I put 252 EVs into speed, and dumped the rest into special attack. Obviously timid can't be used because it weakens gunk shot, so I went with hasty because greninja isn't gonna be tanking lots of priority moves anyways.

40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 406-478 (101.2 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

I think this washing machine is probably the glue of the team. It takes care of most physical attackers like mega mence pretty well, and provides w-o-w support which neuters most physical attackers. This set is pretty standard, I chose leftovers over chestoresto, because ORAS is so fast paced with all these new megas that rotom-w probably won't get the extra turn needed to use rest. Leftovers also gives it passive recovery allowing it to come in multiple times without being worn down so much. Hydro pump hits decently hard, volt switch allows me to gain momentum, and pain split helps me recover some health when I'm low on health. The EVs are pretty standard, it's more physically oriented so that it can better check the stuff it's supposed to like mega salamence, mega glalie and mega swampert. This guy is also my main switch in to mega camel, even though it takes like 50% from fire blast. Rotom-w serves as my talonflame counter which can run through my team late game if lando-t dies.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

The team's scarfer, lando-t. He is considered to be the best scarfer atm, and I think he deserves it. Basically the only set people run these days is scarf, and tbh, it's so obvious when someone switches lando in on thundurus, it's obviously scarfed but so many people just don't see it. Lando-t is also a good pivot taking hits pretty well with the help of intimidate, and he stops stuff like rotom-w from spamming volt switch all the time to gain momentum. He works as a secondary more offensive check to birdspam, and along with rotom-w they get the job done pretyt well. Earthquake is his main STAB, and when immunities have been removed, I often use him to clean up and sweep. Rock slide is chosen over stone edge because I'm paranoid about missing, and I think the only thing it misses out on OHKOing is thundurus, but no smart person would leave thundurus in on scarf lando. U-turn helps me form a volt-turn core with rotom-w, and against predicted switches, it's really nice to gain some momentum. Knock off takes care of ghost types, and is a great utility move which knocks off items. The EV spread is really simple, max attack for best revenge killing capabilities, max speed lets me outspeed lots of stuff, and 4 defense helps me take priority hits better. There might be a better spread out there and if someone could tell me, that would be very helpful. Lando-t also serves as a revenge killer along with greninja, and they can often sweep late game when counters/checks have been removed.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IV: 0 Speed
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Replaced thunder wave for gyro ball on ferrothorn so that I am not complete taunt bait, relaxed nature and 0 speed IVs so that gyro ball hits harder. I put thunder wave back over protect because slowing down beedrill is really crucial, and thunder wave is unexpected. However both have their merits, so you can choose which one you want to use, but as of now I am running thunder wave.
Ferrothorn is my team's rocks setter, and he also walls stuff like azumarill, non superpower swampert, excadrill, and many other mons that could give my team trouble. He can also spread paralysis around with thunder wave, making life easier for his other team mates so they don't have to worry about being outsped. Stealth rocks is a must for basically any competitive OU team, and this one is no exception. Leech seed is for passive recovery, and coupled with protect, let's ferrothorn regain health very quickly, especially against pokemon with high HP. Protect is mainly filler, and power whip can be used, but gaining back all the extra health is pretty neat, and it also helps me scout choiced mons like keldeo and lando-t. Not much else to say, the EVs are standard, Impish for taking earthquakes and neutral physical hits better. Leftovers is probably the preferred item over rocky helmet, because passive recovery is better.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last but not least is latios. Latios is my team's defogger, and is a very reliable one. It serves as a check against lots of mons like charizard x and rotom-w. It also gets pretty strong STAB moves like draco meteor, which can basically be used as a one time nuclear bomb. Psyshock is his other STAB move, and since my team doesn't really have that much trouble against bisharp or ttar, I decided to run HP fire instead of HP fighting. I didn't really want to use recover, because if I am going to run recover, I might as well use latias since it's bulkier, but latios hits stronger and it looks cooler than latias imo, and is a better fit for an HO team like mine. Defog gets rid of rocks, draco nukes anything that's not a resist, a fairy or a pink blob, and psyshock hits conkeldurr and other fighting types like breloom which are rising in usage. Timid to outspeed +speed nature keldeo and terrakion, max special attack and speed to hit hard and fast.

Problems I have: (Basically threats to this team)

Mega sceptile with sub can be really annoying because it hard walls ferro, rotom-w, and basically my only way of taking it out is scarf lando u-turn, because lopunny is nuked by focus blast and greninja is outsped.

Mega beedrill is also super scary to face because it's so fast, and it runs protect alot to dodge fake out from lopunny, adaptability u-turn flat out hurts, and so does adaptability poison jab. My only way of dealing with it is ferrothorn, and most of the time it's paired with magnezone, so yeah ferro is kinda screwed.

Thanks everyone for your time, that's my team, and I hope you can give me some feedback so I can improve it :)

Importable:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Be really carful with greninja because he is pretty frail. Greninja can be countered easily if predicted right so don't go spamming attacks if they have an attack that is super effective after protean. Also I'd run a move that can counter gliscor on landorus because gliscor can come in, set up rocks, toxic on the switch and, use ice fang totally getting rid of that nice core you have

Last edited:
Hi there pretty nice team you are running. I have a similar one I'm running with a M.Lopunny/Greninja core. There isn't too much I can recommend besides a small tweak to Greninja.

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick/HP Fire/U-turn/Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

I'd honestly switch out Hydro Pump since neutral water STAB isnt as good as it once was with all the options Greninja has not to mention neutral STAB Gunk Shot having higher damage with a chance to poison. Low Kick is a nice option that can help you with Chansey, OHKO Ttar, Bisharp as well as giving Magnezone, Excadrill and Ferrothorn (Barb damage though) a swift kick to the teeth. You could also try HP Fire dealing with several steels like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Magnezone and Skarmory. U-turn also has the utility of keeping up momentum with Rotom and Landorus and can still smack some switch ins hard like MegaBro. Grass Knot can hit bulky Pokemon like Swampert, Quagsire, Ttar and Mega Gyarados hard though I think the former three are better options.

Besides that I'd say a very nice team.

Edit: Derp I overlooked Ferrothorn being taunt bait sorry. Thankfully boltsandbombers/Ohioisonfire solved that problem.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team overall.
Nothing major I would really change, but a few small suggestions.

I recommend using Naive > Hasty on Greninja is important to take priority attacks better, as you're probably not going to be switching in Greninja on special attacks.
In addition, I strongly suggest changing Greninja's EV spread to a simple 4 / 252 / 252, as you still have a guaranteed 2HKO on Clefable and a guaranteed OHKO on Azumarill after Stealth Rock damage. Having maximum Special Attack is important for the damage output of your other 3 moves.

Also, I dont understand why you have 4 non-attacking moves on Ferrothorn. Thunder Wave really is not that great on Ferrothorn in this meta in my opinion, so I suggest using Gyro Ball > Thunder Wave. It is very important to have at least 1 attacking move, so Ferrothorn is not ruined by Taunt users.

I agree with everything Goodra said, but I do have a little nitpick.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Power Whip

Thunder Wave is a little overdone on Ferrothorn, since Pokemon Like Mega Manectric can switch in with basically no problem. I suggest a move set similar to this one. A Ferrothorn with 4 non-attacking moves is just Taunr fodder.

EDIT: Oops, massively Greninja'd

Thanks everyone for the rates!
Hi there pretty nice team you are running. I have a similar one I'm running with a M.Lopunny/Greninja core. There isn't too much I can recommend besides a small tweak to Greninja.

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick/HP Fire/U-turn/Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

I'd honestly switch out Hydro Pump since neutral water STAB isnt as good as it once was with all the options Greninja has not to mention neutral STAB Gunk Shot having higher damage with a chance to poison. Low Kick is a nice option that can help you with Chansey, OHKO Ttar, Bisharp as well as giving Magnezone, Excadrill and Ferrothorn (Barb damage though) a swift kick to the teeth. You could also try HP Fire dealing with several steels like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Magnezone and Skarmory. U-turn also has the utility of keeping up momentum with Rotom and Landorus and can still smack some switch ins hard like MegaBro. Grass Knot can hit bulky Pokemon like Swampert, Quagsire, Ttar and Mega Gyarados hard though I think the former three are better options.

Besides that I'd say a very nice team.

Edit: Derp I overlooked Ferrothorn being taunt bait sorry. Thankfully boltsandbombers/Ohioisonfire solved that problem.
I'll definitely try out all those options, I think HP Fire seems like the best option, so I'll change the OP.
Hi, nice team overall.
Nothing major I would really change, but a few small suggestions.

I recommend using Naive > Hasty on Greninja is important to take priority attacks better, as you're probably not going to be switching in Greninja on special attacks.
In addition, I strongly suggest changing Greninja's EV spread to a simple 4 / 252 / 252, as you still have a guaranteed 2HKO on Clefable and a guaranteed OHKO on Azumarill after Stealth Rock damage. Having maximum Special Attack is important for the damage output of your other 3 moves.

Also, I dont understand why you have 4 non-attacking moves on Ferrothorn. Thunder Wave really is not that great on Ferrothorn in this meta in my opinion, so I suggest using Gyro Ball > Thunder Wave. It is very important to have at least 1 attacking move, so Ferrothorn is not ruined by Taunt users.
I definitely agree with your changes because physical priority is much more common, so I'll change hasty to naive. I'm sort of suspicious about the EV spread on greninja, because sometimes missing out on OHKOing AV azu can be annoying, but I guess I have ferrothorn for that. Yeah, I'll definitely get rid of thunder wave for gyro ball because mega latias can sometimes be a problem while gyro ball breaks it's sub iirc.
Thanks again everyone for the rates :)

your ninja has 4 attack evs btw.
That's probably for gunk shot.

For your ferrothorn set, I would actually recommend replacing protect with thunder wave. Sure protect is useful, but Thunder Wave is practically a staple on most balanced teams in this meta to slow down pokemon like Beedrill.

Run Shed shell on Ferrothorn to help beat Beedrill teams. You said that your only really good check is ferrothorn, so you would need it to beat them. You won't get passive leftovers but leech seed can help with that in return for beating those teams.

Run Shed shell on Ferrothorn to help beat Beedrill teams. You said that your only really good check is ferrothorn, so you would need it to beat them. You won't get passive leftovers but leech seed can help with that in return for beating those teams.
Honestly shed shell isn't too viable because ferrothorn really misses either the passive recovery from leftovers, or the ability to really hurt physical attackers with rocky helmet. I have another check against beedrill in the form of lando-t, but I think leftovers is probably better. If I really wanted to troll beedrill, I would run rocky helmet because all beedrill does is spam u-turn.

That's probably for gunk shot.

For your ferrothorn set, I would actually recommend replacing protect with thunder wave. Sure protect is useful, but Thunder Wave is practically a staple on most balanced teams in this meta to slow down pokemon like Beedrill.
Yeah I guess thunder wave has it's merits, slowing down beedrill is really nice, and I will probably consider that change. Protect is also useful for scouting, and seeing what move choice users are locked in to, but I like thunder wave because it's really unexpected. Thanks for the rate!

EDIT: Also importable has been added, feel free to steal use my team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)