SS OU Burning Chicken (Sun Blaziken Hyper Offense)

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
The team: https://pokepast.es/0e1c1aa9fc0f1e6d

I got a bit frustrated with some of the teams I used in OLT that didn't work, so I decided to make a team heavily inspired by one of my first OU teams.

So, let's go over it.

:galvantula:
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder Wave

I'm going to assume you understand the concept of a suicide lead. But if you don't, I'll quickly explain. Suicide leads are leads that aim to get hazards up, deny hazards from the enemy if possible, and faint. The thing about this playstyle is that the person using a suicide lead is gambling that going against the enemy 5-6 is worth the pressure placed on the enemy as a result of the hazards. Sticky Web is fantastic at doing this. Now, you might say, "Why not use Shuckle? It's infinitely bulkier, can get up Sticky Web while also getting up Stealth Rock, and can overall be more disruptive?" Well, Galvantula is infinitely faster, and thus, is less prone to being outsped in a tier riddled with base 100s. Plus, since it can actually hit back with strong STAB attacks, it also is much less prone to Taunt.

:torkoal:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

And here's the oh so reliable sun setter Torkoal. It has fantastic physical bulk, and with this EV spread, Body Press 2HKOs Blissey itself, and OHKOs Heatran trying to absorb Lava Plume. Rapid Spin is used to get hazards off my side, as well as maybe outspeeding Blissey if it needs to. Lava Plume for reliable Fire damage, and Toxic to be evil and stall, or at the very least cripple the enemy for the rest of the game.

:rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

This is a fun one. Terrain Extender is certainly an odd choice, but it helps the team immensely. Aside from Latios, the team is overall really weak to Landorus-T, but Grassy Terrain helps patch that up and does even more, such as giving the team more passive recovery. Drain Punch also seems like a weird choice, but that's exactly it. When you look at a Rillaboom, the Fighting move you'd normally expect is Superpower, but I find Drain Punch better as it has no drawback, and still 2HKOs Kartana.

:blaziken:
Blaziken @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

And here it is, the central sun abuser. Y'all remember pre-Uber sun Blaziken in BW? Yeah, same idea. Flare Blitz in the sun really is nasty, and Close Combat can take on what Flare Blitz can't, barring Toxapex and regular Slowbro. The EVs are by far the biggest eyebrow raiser, though. See, since Speed Boost patches up Blaziken's speed issues anyway, I can afford not to run max speed on it in favor of extra HP and an Adamant Nature.

:garchomp:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

First of all, if you do decide to use the team, do NOT question why I named this thing Cheerios. It's just an inside joke, okay? Anyways, we have the standard set of Swords Dance to hit extremely hard, Scale Shot for boosting speed, Earthquake as the secondary, much better STAB, and Fire Fang when Earthquake just won't do, such as against Ferrothorn, Corviknight, Skarmory, or Celesteela. Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet provides incredible chip damage, and since I already have Grassy Terrain for passive recovery, I figured I could ditch Leftovers for Rocky Helmet.

:latios:
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Mystical Fire

Latios is mainly to help the team defensively against Landorus-T, but it does have other applications. The biggest draw for me was it's speed after Choice Scarf. It outruns every single common scarfer in the tier, like Kartana and Blacephalon. Against walls like Clefable or Corviknight, whom it cannot beat 1v1, it can Trick the scarf to them and basically neuter them for the rest of the game. The one complication with this is that I need to be mindful of not knocking off the scarf.

So, that's my team! Please let me know what you think of it, and above all else, have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules state that you are allowed to post an RMT every other week. This rule is in place to prevent flooding of the subforum . The RMT is fine other than that so I will unlock this in around 14 days, feel free to shoot me a reminder in pms near that time.

What is sticky web for? Latios won't benefit from sticky web much since it's already scarfed, blaziken won't either because it's got speed boost and protect, and rillaboom has grassy glide. And i don't think garchomp will either since it's not going to stop pokemon like landorus from switching in, and can easily be KOed by priority especially when it has got its def drop from scale shot. Your team also doesn't have a stealth rocker so I recommend putting stealth rock over toxic on your torkoal. Superpower should also be put over drain punch since after a sd boost, it lets you ohko melmetal, ferrothorn, and even corviknight if it's chipped a bit. I can see terrain extender benefiting blaziken since it'll help with flare blitz recoil, but it also weakens garchomp's earthquake, so you may want to replace that with life orb/leftovers. I don't see a point of rocky helmet over leftovers since it's offensive garchomp so you won't be tanking moves that easily. Blaziken needs thunder punch to deal with toxpaex, slowbro, and tapu fini better, and max speed and a jolly nature to outspeed zeraora, dragapult, and a few other pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)