Burnt right down to cinders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am resigning from my position of OM Leader and OM Room Owner effective immediately. I am simply not able to commit time to these responsibilities anymore and it is not fair to stick around just because

It's been around seven years since I began playing OM's on a random recommendation after a boring ou battle, and I'll always remember my fun experiences of finally having an OM room, rising the ranks, finally joining smogon on a dare from a friend who's long gone from smogon, making our original bh resources together, verb finally selecting me to be bh leader, finally playing ompl, later winning ompl with a dominant record, playing bh across three gens and seeing pokemon change over time... and of course interacting with all my friends, enemies and fellow community members along the way.

I hope OM continues to grow and get the recognition it deserves for its boundless creativity, and, yes really, competitive gameplay. I will still occasionally log into ps, smogon and discord if you still would like to ttm at any time. Thanks everyone

"You have to go with Fire-type Pokémon. It's the way of the future!"

Hey man. YKP here. I knew this day was coming but I still feel like it's the end of an era. The best era.

Playing BH with you and the crew all those years ago are my fondest memories of PS. I feel kinda ridiculous being 26 years old and tearing up over something like this but its wild to remember how we used to talk about going to college and here we are as adults moving on with our lives.

Man I wish you all the best and if you're ever in Boston let me know!

NO NO NO NO PLEASE NO

But for real though, you're the goat. Thanks, man, for everything you've done for OMs and recommending it to me all those years ago, introducing me to BH on some off day you prob don't remember and getting me re-interested in mons back when I was a cringy pre-teen (still am cringy but just a bit less, at least I hope).

Farewell fren, I wish you the best in life.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I am resigning from my position of OM Leader and OM Room Owner effective immediately. I am simply not able to commit time to these responsibilities anymore and it is not fair to stick around just because

It's been around seven years since I began playing OM's on a random recommendation after a boring ou battle, and I'll always remember my fun experiences of finally having an OM room, rising the ranks, finally joining smogon on a dare from a friend who's long gone from smogon, making our original bh resources together, verb finally selecting me to be bh leader, finally playing ompl, later winning ompl with an unbeaten record, playing bh across three gens and seeing pokemon change over time... and of course interacting with all my friends, enemies and fellow community members along the way.

I hope OM continues to grow and get the recognition it deserves for its boundless creativity, and, yes really, competitive gameplay. I will still occasionally log into ps, smogon and discord if you still would like to ttm at any time. Thanks everyone

"You have to go with Fire-type Pokémon. It's the way of the future!"
I am glad I got to know you, albeit mainly via rules/concerns.

I am aware this was coming, as when I reminded you in that PM to officially step down in the BH thread, it was clear you would likely leave overall since your schedule was preventing more time for Pokemon.

I hope you have a great life, although not friends, you were pretty friendly and fair with support to me, having my back when I was backed up against the wall. I was always supportive of you and had your back too. :blobnom:

I am glad you are moving forward. I may do the same soon, once my Darmanitan-Z analysis is finally published. I cannot wait to put this all behind me.

Thanks for taking everything in stride, and being along for a wild, and bumpy ride.

From Champion Leon, to E4 Flint, we may have endured a lot for the sun to set, but just wait till what comes next!

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
what sect said is basically true for me. i only really got into oms when you were fairly inactive, but i wish i could have talked with you more, and maybe i will sometime.

o7

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've posted elsewhere but not here yet. Thanks for everything you've done for the OM community over the years Flint! It's amazing how you've managed to take on the challenge of leading BH for a whole 6-7 years. The sheer amount of contribution and influence you've provided throughout these years have changed the lives of many and I congratulate you on earning lots of praise from us all. Your efforts will be kept as a lasting memory for OM's development up to this point! As the previous posts have stated, we'll miss you and wish you the best in life.

Don't forget to visit us from time to time! Some of us will still be hanging around to play with you, and you never know you might find something new and interesting among us.
You've been a rock (that knows Fire Punch or something) for this community

Is this close enough?

Sad to see you step down man. Thanks for picking up the slack from when I ditched the joint and all the work you've done since. Have fun with irl, you'll probably enjoy not having to do this stuff as much as I did.

Dm me your review of Joker (2019) in discord dms please. Thank you.

I know I've certainly read a lot of stuff you've written over the years. ou were already leader by the time i started picking at OMs and i'm sure that impact isn't going to be forgotten. Good luck, man, and don't disappear completely if you can help it.
You've been a rock (that knows Fire Punch or something) for this community

Take care of yourself!

Is this close enough?
yo, he's got choices.
1585740965104.png

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Hey oops, I seemed to miss this thread. We had our arguments over the years but I've always respected you as a forum mod and contributor and believed you've always had your heart in the right place. Thank you for your amazing contributions to OMs over the years. The section would not be the same without you.

Hey flint, just saw this thread. I haven't been active since 2014, but I had a great time with you and the other BH guys back in Gen V BH. You basically pioneered hyper offense BH, and you guys actually succeeded in popularizing the meta; I remember when you could see all the users in the OMs room without having to scroll down. The whole BH tutoring thing was awesome too. And lastly, I know you weren't in OMPL II, but I found highlights of the transcript featuring TEG's substitute drafter who didn't know any of the players he was recruiting: https://pastebin.com/pGm0PuTf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)