Pet Mod Burst Wishes

:bw/meganium:
Meganium
Type Given:

Ability: Flower Veil (Gen VII+ backport)
Stats: HP 95 / Atk 60 / Def 110 / SpA 100 / SpD 105 / Spe 55 / BST 525
Buffed Move: Ancient Power |
|
| 10/16 PP | 90 BP | 100% acc | 10% chance to raise all of the user's stats each by 1. | +0 priority
Description: Funny flowersaur go brrrrr with omni boosts. Is mainly a tank, able to take many hits and be self-sustaining with moves like Giga Drain and Leech Seed, and the ever-so present Leftovers item. Flower Veil is a real nice buff that Meganium greatly appreciates, with it being unable to be statused, and thus whittled away by things like burn, poison, and toxic, and also with its stats being unable to be lowered by the opposition, which is ESPECIALLY great if Meganium has already gotten an omni boost, of course though Meganium is still vulnerable to having their stats reset by things like Haze.

:bw/typhlosion:
Typhlosion
Type Given:

Ability: Pressure
Stats: HP 95 / Atk 53 / Def 94 / SpA 112 / SpD 85 / Spe 95 / BST 534
Buffed Move: Extrasensory |
|
| 10/16 PP | 100 BP | 100% acc | 25% chance to cause the target to flinch. | +0 priority
Description: Typhlosion, like its regular self, can still run scarf and blast through the opposition with Eruption, of course though, there are some things to note with how their stats have been rearranged - notably, they can now take more hits, and have an ever so slight power boost in regards to their special attack stat, though in exchange they have a no longer usable attack stat (not like it was actually good in the first place or people were using physical sets, I think, so not really a big deal), and now having speed lowered by 5 points, matching their Hisuian iteration. Of course, Typhlosion's new ability and buffed move should be mentioned too, starting with Pressure, which while normal Typhlosion may not find great use in, and while it still isn't a defining feature of Burstphlosion, they can take advantage of it with their boosted bulk, though of course it doesn't go without saying Typhlosion's primarily goal isn't going to be that of a tank, but they can take hits, but moving onto the buffed move, Extrasensory, which is now quite notable and is just a nice little thing that gives Typhlosion to, not quite reliably, but still hit hard with a decent chance to flinch and prevent the foes from moving at all.

:bw/feraligatr:
Feraligatr
Type Given:

Ability: Multiscale
Stats: HP 85 / Atk 110 / Def 100 / SpA 65 / SpD 95 / Spe 75 / BST 530
Buffed Move: Dragon Claw |
|
| 10/16 PP | 100 BP | 100% acc | 20% chance to lower target's defense by 1. | +0 priority
Description: Multiscale + Dragon Dance, you can fill in the blanks from there. Ok, in all seriousness, Feraligatr was already quite good with Dragon Dance, but now with the addition of Multiscale they can take what may normally OHKO them and survive, getting a ddance up in the process, of course, in either case this ability gives a greater chance, and greater number of moves, for Feraligatr to set up, boost its attack and speed, and then wash away the competition. That said, Feraligatr's buffed move also needs to be acknowledged, which is Dragon Claw, now sporting a nice 100 BP with that nice, crisp 100% accuracy, and of course 20% chance to lower the target's defense by 1, which can be useful in the case that for whatever reason, even with some ddance boosts, Feraligatr just can't break through the opposition, so in that case that chance to lower defense could be helpful.

Last edited:
:bw/gliscor:
Pokemon Name: Gliscor
Type Given: Ground
Stats: 75/95/135/35/85/85
Ability: Quick Feet
Buffed Move: Dig > 80 BP, The user cloaks itself in sand waiting until the end of the turn to strike. If the user takes damage between activating the move and attacking this move does 1.5x damage. If the user has a status it is removed and given to the target unless it cannot be statused. Makes contact.
Description: Burst Gliscor was made with toxic orb in mind, losing poison heal makes it a bit of a worse wall however it's ability to cure itself of status with dig means it has much more longevity, especially with roost. Quick Feet allows it to outspeed many things that might threaten it like Weavile, Keldeo, Starmie, etc. as well

:bw/Jellicent:
Pokemon Name: Jellicent
Type Given: Ghost
Stats: 100/50/75/90/100/75
Ability: Mysterious Mist: This pokemon takes half damage from dragon type moves and is immune to the secondary effects of moves
Buffed Move: Brine > 75 BP, Deals double damage against targets with a status condition and cures it of its status
Description: Without any fairy types, steels are the only thing that can take a hit from dragons in this meta, so having another dragon resist that doesn't have to be steel type will be very useful, though if you decide to go with steel type Jellicent becomes 4x resistant to dragon type moves which paired with its 100/100 special defense means it can take a draco meteor from even Kyurem white with ease. The buff to Brine allows it to do things similar to hex+wisp but with a higher damage output, though curing the target's status both prevents it from being over powered but also means it can counter guts/poison heal mons in its terrain.

:bw/scolipede:
Pokemon Name: Scolipede
Type Given: Poison
Stats: 70/100/99/65/59/82
Ability: Speed Boost
Buffed Move: Steamroller > 95 BP, Poison, If the target has not moved yet this move ignores type immunity, 30% flinch chance
Description: Setup sweeper with ok physical bulk and a decent defensive primary type as well as not being walled by most steel types. Speed Boost makes it very similar to the current sets it uses in modern gens without the bug type holding it back as much.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
:bw/musharna:
Musharna
Type Given
:

Ability: Comatose
Stats: HP 110 / Atk 55 / Def 90 / SpA 115 / SpD 110 / Spe 30 / BST 510
Buffed Move: Hypnosis |
|
| 20/32 PP | - BP | 90% acc | Puts target to sleep for 3 turns. | +0 priority
Description: Musharna can now become the ultimate (not really but still pretty good) pivoting and sleep 'mon, with it having a great ability in comatose insuring it can't be statused and thus doesn't have to worry about chip from burn and poison or chunks from toxic, and a buffed Hypnosis, which has been brought up to 90% accuracy and will always result in a 3 turn sleep. It of course has all of its utility and attacks from before, including its recovery in Moonlight, and now has greater bulk to help it tank more hits. It can also now more efficiently use Dream Eater, with its buffed Hypnosis. Of course, Musharna is beat by opposing dark types and mons with abilities, such as insomnia, which prevent sleep, but none the less it is bulky and great at putting its opponents asleep.
Sorry, sleep is banned in BW (I already told you this in discord but Im re-iterating here so forum users can see). You'll either have to rework that Hypnosis or just accept it as unusable in standard play.

:bw/zebstrika:
Zebstrika
Type Given
:

Ability: Electric Surge
Stats: HP 75 / Atk 105 / Def 60 / SpA 95 / SpD 50 / Spe 125 / BST 510
Buffed Move: Wild Charge |
|
| 15/24 PP | 110 BP | 100% acc | 25% recoil; 30% chance to paralyze target. | +0 priority
Description: Once negligible, Zebstrika can now come thundering onto the field and hit its opponents before they even see anything coming with its 125 speed and boosted electric attacks with electric surge. Electric surge is very useful, as it sets up electric terrain, which as said, boosts Zebstrika's electric-type moves, of course not just Zebstrika's, but it gets immediate benefit from the terrain, and it also helps Zebstrika and its team from being put to sleep, though that said Zebstrika's team can't abuse sleep themself, but nonetheless its useful, and furthermore the team, again, especially Zebstrika, can come prepared and boost their defenses with an electric seed, which for Zebstrika especially will immediately trigger. This has all gone without mentioning Zebstrika's buffed move in Wild Charge, which has no been raised to 110 BP and given a 30% chance to paralyze the target, though it does come with the cost of maintaining the 25% recoil, but it's not the end of the world, and is now a GREAT STAB choice for Zebstrika. Overall Zebstrika is a fast, hard-hitting mon, with buffed STAB moves.
Ability: Misty Surge (Same as canon but Nature Power becomes Mist Ball instead of moonblast)
Buffed Move: Brine > 75 BP, Deals double damage against targets with a status condition and cures it of its status
Description: Without any fairy types, steels are the only thing that can take a hit from dragons in this meta, however by adding in misty terrain a generation early (which has no real connection to fairies) we can make the battle a bit easier. The obvious choice of Burst type is clearly steel, making Jellicent 4x resistant to dragon type moves which paired with its 100/100 special defense means it can take a draco meteor from even Kyurem white with ease. The buff to Brine allows it to do things similar to hex+wisp but with a higher damage output, though curing the target's status both prevents it from being over powered but also means it can counter guts/poison heal mons in its terrain.
Ok so I know I said you can backport next-gen abilities, but the Surges are in kind of a weird gray area. There's no way to make the terrains exist without bending the rules, so these are a no-no too.

:bw/stoutland:
Pokémon Name: Stoutland
Type Given:

Ability: Retribution (Supreme Overlord Clone)
Stats: 85 / 105 / 80 / 35 / 70 / 115 [490 BST]
Buffed Move: Return - 100 BP - Resets any negative stat changes on user, then attacks
Description: I always remember the Stoutland line for that one move Herdier would spam in the Lenora fight, Retaliation. So, I thought it may be fitting to make burst Stoutland be aimed towards avenging fallen allies. Return loses a slight bit of power (literally 2 bp lol), but at the benefit of removing stat drops, helping mitigate the drawback to Stoutland's Superpower. Higher speed tier and slightly boosted attack help Burst Stoutland snag frailer attackers above its usual speed tier, most notably including Latios. (Life Orb Crunch guarantees an OHKO at 3 or more fainted allies, or having dark-type gained on burst guarantees the OHKO without any fainted ally boost)

Last edited:
:zoroark: Burst Zoroark

Ability:
Illusion -> Illusion (yes I'm keeping it. it's Zoroark. .w.)
Primary Type:
Dark
Base Stats:
HP: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Attack: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Defense: 60​
Sp. Atk: 120 -> 100 (-20)
Sp. Def: 60​
Speed: 105 -> 85 (-20)
(510 BST)
Upgraded Move:
Night Daze - Dark / Special - 70 BP / 100% acc / 10 (16) PP
(The user looses a pitch-black shock wave at the target to inflict damage. The user can't be locked into this move, and this move can't be disabled.)

Hello again!
I have to rep Zoroark, and that means it's weird gimmick time, so...!

Basically uh, Night Daze (and only Night Daze) completely ignores and bypasses the limitations of Choice items - a Choice item will never lock you into Night Daze, but locking into another move will also never prevent you from using Night Daze. (it also stops stuff like Encore and Disable as written, but those interactions are way less relevant; the Choice interaction is the main point)
For instance, say you're running Scarf Zoroark, and you select Focus Blast on your first turn. You would normally only be able to use Focus Blast from then on, but Burst Zoroark can still pick freely between Focus Blast and Night Daze for as long as it stays around - it's only locked out of moves that are neither Focus Blast nor Night Daze.
Even better: if you select Night Daze before you lock into any other move, you still have the freedom to commit to any of your other three moves afterwards. For instance, if you use Scarf Night Daze turn one, it's as if you haven't locked into a move yet at all for the purposes of a Choice item, so you can still pull out a still pull out a Scarf U-turn on the following turn!
Essentially, your Choice item is limiting you to two moves instead of one; you just always need one of them to be Night Daze, which is nice because Dark is really spammable and it's your STAB.

Mostly, I wanted to play with Choice items somehow because Zoroark is already often Trick + Specs and Scarf user in BW UU and I think that's a role that interacts with Illusion in cool ways! It should feel authentic to Zoroark, which is the goal because Zoroark is already awesome.
There are a lot of ways to use this, so I want to go over a couple of them!
- A big one is obviously Trick, which Zoroark is known for running already. Normally, Trick + Choice sets are obviously required to use Trick on their very first turn on the field or not at all; you can't attack, see what comes in and then pull out Trick, you know? but this sub can bypass that restriction, because it can attack with Night Daze without closing off the option of a Trick on turn two, or turn three, or whenever it feels ready for it.​
- You wouldn't normally see Nasty Plot or Calm Mind on Choiced sets at all, because for most Pokémon, locking into setup also means locking yourself out of... y'know... special moves... that can use the boost. P: but Zoroark can get around that, too! It can use a setup move on its first turn and then try to go on a sweep with Night Daze, which is big when you realize just how fast it is with a Scarf (it can creep Pokémon as fast as base 151...! so, uh, anything unboosted except Ninjask!).​
Importantly, once you've used a setup move, your opponent can rest assured that you have absolutely no coverage, because Zoroark can only click Nasty Plot and +2 Night Daze from then on... but they still have to play cautiously until you do that, so you can try to use it cleverly by opening with Night Daze and seeing how your opponent reacts to Zoroark, then decide if you're actually ready to set up or if you'd rather hit them with a Focus Blast or Flamethrower and wait to set up until later.​
- Zoroark's special movepool is better in some ways (and Night Daze itself is a special move, so you'll definitely want some SpA investment if you're using Burst Zoroark at all!), but Burst Zoroark now has less Special Attack and more Attack, so it should have a pretty easy time going mixed if it wants.​
First of all, U-turn is always a good option for Choice sets, and that can definitely benefit from the higher Attack. You can use Scarf Night Daze as many times as you want and still have the option to just pivot out!​
Moreover, this makes it very feasible to slot a move like Sucker Punch or Pursuit on your set if you want, while still falling back on Night Daze so you aren't immediately forced out after using it once.​
You could still use a Scarf set with any of these, and that's definitely more realistic, but I'm... uh, curious to see if people might occasionally be able to pull off something wacky like Band Sucker Punch / Night Daze / Trick / filler? Night Daze isn't going to be the strongest on a set like that, but Band Sucker Punch off of base 125 Attack is incredibly hard-hitting as priority goes - it just happens that Zoroark is basically the only thing that can actually get a Choice Band boost on it and not end up ridiculously exploitable.​
Combine that with the fact that any Choice item you run can be pawned off in the middle of the game so you don't need to stress too much about all of your moves getting the boost, and maybe it can work...!​

Probably the most consistent and practical example of a set you might run is a Scarf set with Nasty Plot / Night Daze / Focus Blast or Flamethrower / Trick, paired with a Trainer who gives you either Fighting or Fire depending on your secondary STAB.
In other situations, I could kinda see Bug if you just want to make Scarf U-turn hit as hard as you can? or something more defensively inclined, like Steel or a type with great immunities like Ground or Ghost, even if you aren't going to want a STAB of those types - remember, this still has Illusion, so you should keep in mind ways to make the most of that and catch your opponent off guard!!

Oh! and one more thing I nearly forgot to mention: since using Burst restores your Pokémon's HP all the way to full, I think it will a bit easier to create a convincing Illusion multiple times in a game.
Normally, if Zoroark takes any damage at all, Illusion is pretty much undermined for the rest of game in almost all situations. In general, it's not an Ability you typically get to use many times in a game, but an Ability that you're supposed to use basically once and just try to get as much mileage out of the free turns as you can. Using Zoroark as your Burst lets it "reset" its Illusion and get back to sneaking in free turns until it takes damage again; it's a pretty minor benefit, but with as rewarding as Illusion can already be when it's basically single-use, I think it's worth noting all the same!
(The reverse is true as well - it's rare that you can convincingly copy another Pokémon that's already taken damage, so Illusion is pretty reliant on as much of your team as possible being at full HP. If you're running Zoroark on your team for its Burst but don't want to use Burst every game, this benefit of the mechanic can still make its life just a little easier. Again, really small benefit, but it makes me really like the idea of getting people to run Zoroark in this mod, okay!!!
I just like Zoroark--)

As a last disclaimer, this is admittedly a concept that's really hard to wrap my head around in terms of power level, and I really don't want to underdo it or overdo it too much, but it's the kind of thing that I think would be much easier to judge in practice. I was talking about it with Dramps a little, and he gave the okay to post it anyway, since if it makes it in, we can always mess with its stats however we need to buff or nerf it later!
I tried to exercise reasonable caution for the first pass and I'm sure it shows P: but I have a good amount of faith that this could turn out to be something really memorable and unique with a little polishing if given the chance, so here's hoping for the best!!

edit: changed Night Daze from 80 BP to 70 BP in response to feedback

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
:bw/Mienshao:
Mienshao
Type Given
:

Ability: Dauntless Shield
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 70 Def / 65 SpA / 70 SpD / 115 Spe / 510 BST
Buffed Move: Drain Punch |
|
| 10/16 PP | 80 BP | 100% acc | User recovers 75% of the damage dealt. | +0 priority
Description: I made Mienshao faster and bulkier, but at the cost of a slight amount of power. Drain Punch being buffed to Oblivion Wing effect makes up for both a lack of recovery and the loss of Regen upon Bursting. imo dauntless shield after the nerf in SV is super interesting with the burst mechanic, as you can kind of choose when to activate the +1 Defense, which leads to better set up opportunities with SD or bulk up.

:bw/bisharp:
Bisharp
Type Given
:

Ability: Captor (Beast Boost clone)
Stats: 60 HP / 110 Atk / 100 Def / 50 SpA / 70 SpD / 100 Spe / 490 BST
Buffed Move: Night Slash |
|
| 15/24 PP | 50 BP | 100% acc | Always results in a critical hit. | +0 priority
Description: Captor lets Bisharp be an effective cleaner with scarf or sucker punch, and having attack and speed so close together make Captor easily able to buff either of you want. Buffed night slash is a huge increase in power with pre-gen 6 crit mechanics so I think the reduction in base power is necessary.

will edit in the last submission if/when i get an idea

Last edited:
:Klinklang:
Klinklang
Type Given: Steel
Ability: Stainless Steel
(Long Reach clone)
Stats: 60 / 80 (-20) / 85 (-30) / 60 (-10) / 55 (-30) / 180 (+90)
Buffed Move: Shift Gear | Steel | Status | 5 PP | User gains +1 Atk / +2 Def / +1 SpAtk / +2 SpDef, but also gets -2 Speed
Description:
A midgame dragon move pivot that can transition into being an extremely dangerous, albeit very strictly limited, sweeper. Klinklang uses it's gained typing defensively to give it more setup opportunities, as offensively it is locked to Gear Grind, Return, Wild Charge, and Hidden Power. As such, it has many potential options for Burst Types: Steel/Water, Steel/Ghost, Steel/Flying, Steel/Grass, Steel/Fire, Steel/Dragon, and more could all have their use cases. It's held back by the fact that the information needed to deduce it's Burst Typing is available from Team Preview, so both players can make a gameplan around the player's chosen type.

:Cofagrigus:
Cofagrigus
Ability: Herald
: User's attacks change the foe's ability to Mummy on hit
Stats: 58 / 50 / 30 (-115) / 145 (+50) / 105 / 95 (+65)
Buffed Move: Hex | Ghost | Special | 65 BP | 100 Acc | 10 PP | Deals doubled damage if foe has a status ailment or has the ability Mummy (should interact with Herald such that using Hex on a foe without Mummy does not deal double damage)
Description: A physical tank in one form, Cofagrigus can be reborn as a huge wallbreaking hole puncher, utilizing it's incredible bulk prior to bursting to spread status before taking advantage of it with it's Burst Hex. The Burst Typing that stands out immediately is Ghost/Dark, which gives it STAB Dark Pulses while letting it defensively stonewall Alakazam and setup Reuniclus that rely solely on Focus Blast for coverage. Ghost/Fighting has solid damage with HP Fighting, Ghost/Grass lets it check special Rain threats while threatening an incredibly strong STAB Energy Ball, and of course Ghost/Steel can maybe allow it to eat a -2 Draco Meteor, though it's horrible bulk after bursting makes defensive typings fairly limited in potential. It's mainly held back by it's difficult item and EV situation; it wants SpAtk to be impactful on the field at all times, and it wants HP while in base form to withstand attacks as an interim check, but once it Bursts it wants Speed to make the most of it's slightly below par 95, and it can't boost it with an item like Choice Scarf without heavily weakening the base form.

:Haxorus:
Haxorus
Type Given: Dragon
Ability: Usurper
: As long as the user is a Dragon type, the user will absorb incoming Dragon type attacks, taking no damage. Upon doing so, the user loses their Dragon typing, replacing it with ??? ala Burn Up or Double Shock. This resets upon switching out.
Stats: 86 (+10) / 147 / 100 (+10) / 70 (+10) / 80 (+10) / 57 (-40)
Buffed Move: Dual Chop | Dragon | Physical | 45 BP | 95 Acc | 10 PP | Hits Twice
Description: Wanna Specs Latios Answer? Here, Haxorus flips it's notoriously prickly Dragon mirror matchup into an advantageous one, giving it incredible defensive utility into Choiced Dragon moves that is irreplicable throughout all of BW OU; in return, it takes a massive hit to it's Speed, making it's ability to utilize these openings by sweeping with it's own Swords Dance or Dragon Dance limited. Notably, as written, the only Dragon move Usurper doesn't provide a full immunity to is Dual Chop, as hitting twice means the second hit will still deal damage. As far as typings, take your pick: Dragon/Water, Dragon/Fighting, and Dragon/Ground stand out for good secondary STAB options, and Dragon/Steel means you can eat the follow-up Draco Meteor from Latios as well, (it won't be at -2 because it didn't technically land!) but you can pick the type that gives the best defensive utility for your team while still having brutal STAB Outrages as offense.

Thing I noticed theorizing about this Mod

• It's a lot more fun to give Bursts to Mono-Typed mons, mostly because there isn't a sort of fight going on for base form secondary STAB vs Burst form secondary STAB. Exceptions to this would be mons who would run both STAB types anyway because they are just that good, think Emboar with Fire and Fighting which it needs for Ttar, or dual typed mons that don't utilize one of their STABS offensively, ala Gliscor or Scolipede in jazzmat's submissions.
  • It's going to be interesting to see how the cost of spending a turn to activate Burst effects the meta. I suspect we'll see a number of "click Rocks as the thing Bursts" vs "attack the thing in front of you" mindgames. (Also, a question about my interpretation of the rules; if you Burst, does what you switch-in then have to take the opponent's attack?)
  • Assuming I'm understanding the mechanic correctly, it seems pretty important to be somewhat bulky prior to Bursting. Being able to switch in to an attack to safely Burst seems like a very, very nice asset to have, instead of being forced to get a safe switch on a sacrifice and then have to give a free turn while you use a very telegraphed Burst.
  • Being Rocks weak sucks as a burst, takes a lot of shine out of a second health bar when you lose a quarter of it upon starting to exist.
  • Ban Scald

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
cobalion.gif

Pokemon Name: Cobalion
Stats: 91/110/129/70/82/108 [BST: 580]
Ability: Justified -> Defiant
Buffed Move: Sacred Sword,
Fighting, 80BP, 100% Acc, 15/24 PP, Move ignores opponents stat changes and hits Ghost types for not-very effective damage.
Description: Scrappy, but only for one move. This Pokemon will be a good attacker by not being walled by Ghost types like Cofagrigus, but the move is not-very effective against them, not neutral. It also has a slightly balanced Defense stat, being lowered by -10, but it has higher Speed and Attack being able to hit harder.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
:bw/bisharp:
Bisharp
Type Given
:

Ability: Captor (Beast Boost clone)
Stats: 55 HP / 125 Atk / 90 Def / 50 SpA / 70 SpD / 100 Spe / 490 BST
Buffed Move: Night Slash |
|
| 15/24 PP | 60 BP | 100% acc | Always results in a critical hit. | +0 priority
Description: Captor lets Bisharp be an effective cleaner with scarf or sucker punch, and with 100 speed it can even have captor boost speed by running max speed and 164 attack evs. Buffed night slash is a huge increase in power with pre-gen 6 crit mechanics so I think the reduction in base power is necessary.
This is basically just Urshifu but plopped into Gen 5, which strikes me as a recipe for disaster. I would advise reducing its Attack to somewhere in the 105-115 range as well as cutting (heh) Night Slash down to 55 BP or lower.

cobalion.gif

Pokemon Name: Cobalion
Stats: 81/110/119/70/82/118 [BST: 580]
Ability: Justified -> Defiant
Buffed Move: Sacred Sword,
Fighting, 80BP, 100% Acc, 15/24 PP, Move ignores opponents stat changes and hits Ghost types for not-very effective damage.
Description: Scrappy, but only for one move. This Pokemon will be a good attacker by not being walled by Ghost types like Cofagrigus, but the move is not-very effective against them, not neutral. It also has a slightly balanced Defense stat, being lowered by -10, but it has higher Speed and Attack being able to hit harder.
Also a bit too strong imo with those stats and the Steel type, though not as bad as lepton's Bisharp. Reduce its speed back to 108 and I think it should be alright.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is basically just Urshifu but plopped into Gen 5, which strikes me as a recipe for disaster. I would advise reducing its Attack to somewhere in the 105-115 range as well as cutting (heh) Night Slash down to 55 BP or lower.

Also a bit too strong imo with those stats and the Steel type, though not as bad as lepton's Bisharp. Reduce its speed back to 108 and I think it should be alright.
This only has 1 STAB move though, and has a lower Attack stat, and is significantly frailer, and Dark offensively is not very good thanks to Steel types being able to brick them. So the comparison to Urshifu Realistically only thing that needs to change is the BP of Night Slash, since Gen 5 Critical Hits do double damage instead. So something like 45 to 50 BP makes more sense. Otherwise gutting it's Attack might just make it bad.

Code:
:bw/mon:
[B]Pokemon[/B]:
[B]Type Given[/B]: [IMG]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png[/IMG]
[B]Ability[/B]:
[B]Stats[/B]: A [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / B [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / C [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / D [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / E [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / F [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE]
[B]Buffed Move[/B]: (move name} - [IMG]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png[/IMG] | [IMG]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/categories/Category.png[/IMG] | BP: | Accuracy: | Effect
[B]Description[/B]:
:bw/froslass:

Pokemon: Froslass
Type Given:

Ability: Magician
Stats: 50 (-20) / 105 (+25) / 55 (-15) / 105 (+25) / 55 (-15) / 110
Buffed Move: Spikes -
|
| BP: 95 | Accuracy: 100% | Removes the user's held item
Description: Passing Ghost when Crystallizing is great for an HO lead. in the rare case that Froslass is Bursted, it can take an item or two with it through Magician + altered Spikes.

:bw/slowbro:
Pokemon: Slowbro
Type Given:

Ability: Unaware
Stats: 95 / 65 (-10) / 120 (+10) / 110 (+10) / 70 (-10) / 30
Buffed Move: Psyshock -
|
| BP: 80 | Accuracy: 100% | Damages target based on Defense, not Special Defense; super effective on Psychic
Description: Does its standard Regen pivot stuff for most of the game until the opposing team worn down enough for it to Burst and sweep with Calm Mind. Can also Burst to stop an opposing sweeper.

:bw/Ninetales:
Pokemon: Ninetales
Type Given:

Ability: Drought
Stats: 103 (+30) / 46 (-30) / 85 (+10) / 91 (+10) / 100 / 80 (-20)
Buffed Move: Flamethrower -
|
| BP: 90 | Accuracy: 100% | User recovers 50% of the damage dealt
Description: A bit of life support for sun teams; Ninetales is afforded more reliability as a sun setter and more defensive utility by way of Burst healing, extra bulk, and Flamethrower recovery.

Last edited:
:bw/Vespiquen:
Pokémon: Burst Vespiquen
Type Given: Bug
Ability:
Flash Fire

Stats
HP:
70 → 82 (+12)
Atk: 80 → 94 (+14)
Def: 102 → 102
SpA: 80 → 54 (-26)
SpD: 102 → 102
Spe: 40 → 40

Buffed Move: Attack Order
Base Power: 90 → 50 (+50 additional damage for each hit taken)
New Effect: Rage Fist clone but it's not a Fist move.

Description:
1) Flavour
Whether it's winter or summer, bees are able to regulate heat to make sure they can adapt to any season. Hence why this Pokémon has a new ability associated with Fire. This is further stressed by the fact that, when a queen has to be removed (due to old age), her folk will try to crowd and overheat her.

2) Competitive
- Burst Vespiquen functions as a defensive Pokémon able to switch into a variety of Pokémon, such as Latios, Alakazam, Gengar, Kyurem-B, and Garchomp, among others, depending on the secondary type. Thanks to Flash Fire, Vespiquen can definitely shut down many of the notoriously difficult to check Fire Pokémon, like Volcarona, Victini, and Heatran. This makes Vespiquen very unique. If it's Bug/Steel, it is among the few Pokémon that don't have any weaknesses, which is rightly deserved for a powerful queen! Bug/Ground is also very possible if you want to check Ground Pokémon better while still being able to handle Fire Pokémon.
- Attack Order might seem overpowered but it's Bug type, and there are enough Pokémon able to tank it quite comfortable. These are usually Steel and Flying Pokémon, like Heatran, Skarmory, Gliscor, etc. I wanted to go for the effect of this move because it takes advantage of Vespiquen tankig hits throughout the game, and punishes careless opponents. It also encourages and synergizes with Defend Order, which is something I wanted to emphasize. After all, Vespiquen generally don't run their signature moves. But as a Burst Pokémon, it has the opportunity to do so. In a way, Attack Order + Defend Order is a different approach to Calm Mind + Stored Power.
- If Vespiqen isn't a Flying type anymore, you can even run Healing Order x). I should also note that Attack Order's new effect is a reference to TCG. Vespiquen and Combee are commonly used in a revenge style, either punishing opponents for taking out their friends or for daring to hurt Vespiquen.
- Due to improved bulk and power, Vespiquen can function as a Pursuit trapper, tanking hits from Latios, Victini, Gengar, and Alakazam and weakening them with its move. That way, Vespiquen is able to do some progress even in the presence of a sturdy opposing team.
:bw/Crobat:
Pokémon: Burst Crobat
Type Given: Poison
Ability:
Frisk

Stats
HP:
85 → 95 (+10)
Atk: 90 → 50 (-40)
Def: 80 → 80
SpA: 70 → 85 (+15)
SpD: 80 → 95 (+15)
Spe: 130 → 130

Buffed Move: Super Fang
New Effect: This move halves the target's HP and transfers the user's status condition onto it.

Description:
1) Flavour
Crobat is based on a bat, which relies on sound to track anything in its surrounding

2) Competitive
- I wanted to explore the idea of a scouter. Crobat has the stats and moves to potentially pull it off effectively. As it's guaranteed to be part Poison, it already has a good resistance profile, thereby allowing it to stay longer on the field and switch continuosly throughout a match.
- As Crobat will often switch into a move, I decided Super Fang's new effect would make switching less punishing; it also allows it do more progress.
- Poison pairs well with many types, such as Water, Grass, Dark, etc. This makes Burst Crobat fairly flexible, allowing it to be used on a variety of teams!
- Some SpA increasement can help to better take advantage of whatever type you might chose for it. After all, it has Nasty Plot and a decent special movepool should you aim for a more offensive approach.

Last edited:
:bw/escavalier:
Pokemon Name: Escavalier
Stats: 70 (0) / 95 (-40) / 105 / 30 (-30) / 80 (-25) / 115 (+95)
Ability: Defiant
Buffed Move:
Megahorn | Steel | Physical | 100 BP | 100% acc | This move combines Bug in its type effectiveness against the target. | 0+ priority
Description: Escavalier but it actually fits its first dex entry. With it's better speed at 115, it outspeeds most of the unboosted meta including threats such as Latios and Gengar. Being a great attacker that doesn't have to receive damage first. It can also spread Toxic faster against foes it doesn't match up well against. Defiant helps out with going against stat lowering Pokemon such as Landorus-Therian.

Megahorn's buff is essentially Flying Press, now being 100% accurate and hitting more things in one go. It also gives Escavalier a choice to not slot in Iron Head since it essentially has double STAB in one move, running other moves such as Pursuit, Return, or even Knock Off to remove items.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Voting starts now! Pick your top 3 favorite submissions in order! Don't self-vote first!

Last edited:
Below, my votes:
1) Rasdanation's Stoutland
2) BlueRay's Vespiquen (self-vote)
3) Hematite's Zoroark

Honourable mention in no particular order:
Tanny89k's Ninetales
jazzmat's Jellicent
Genuine_Angus_B33F's Haxorus
lepton's Bisharp
SparkWolf's Meganium

I have to say there were some really cool subs, and it always pains me to go for the top 3 ideas I like the most. Which is why I made an honourable to let people know how much I appreciate their works!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
And that's a wrap! Thanks for the votes! Four winners will be admitted this time, which are the following!

:bw/Vespiquen:
Pokémon: Burst Vespiquen
Type Given: Bug
Ability:
Flash Fire

Stats
HP:
70 → 82 (+12)
Atk: 80 → 94 (+14)
Def: 102 → 102
SpA: 80 → 54 (-26)
SpD: 102 → 102
Spe: 40 → 40

Buffed Move: Attack Order
Base Power: 90 → 50 (+50 additional damage for each hit taken)
New Effect: Rage Fist clone but it's not a Fist move.

Description:
1) Flavour
Whether it's winter or summer, bees are able to regulate heat to make sure they can adapt to any season. Hence why this Pokémon has a new ability associated with Fire. This is further stressed by the fact that, when a queen has to be removed (due to old age), her folk will try to crowd and overheat her.

2) Competitive
- Burst Vespiquen functions as a defensive Pokémon able to switch into a variety of Pokémon, such as Latios, Alakazam, Gengar, Kyurem-B, and Garchomp, among others, depending on the secondary type. Thanks to Flash Fire, Vespiquen can definitely shut down many of the notoriously difficult to check Fire Pokémon, like Volcarona, Victini, and Heatran. This makes Vespiquen very unique. If it's Bug/Steel, it is among the few Pokémon that don't have any weaknesses, which is rightly deserved for a powerful queen! Bug/Ground is also very possible if you want to check Ground Pokémon better while still being able to handle Fire Pokémon.
- Attack Order might seem overpowered but it's Bug type, and there are enough Pokémon able to tank it quite comfortable. These are usually Steel and Flying Pokémon, like Heatran, Skarmory, Gliscor, etc. I wanted to go for the effect of this move because it takes advantage of Vespiquen tankig hits throughout the game, and punishes careless opponents. It also encourages and synergizes with Defend Order, which is something I wanted to emphasize. After all, Vespiquen generally don't run their signature moves. But as a Burst Pokémon, it has the opportunity to do so. In a way, Attack Order + Defend Order is a different approach to Calm Mind + Stored Power.
- If Vespiqen isn't a Flying type anymore, you can even run Healing Order x). I should also note that Attack Order's new effect is a reference to TCG. Vespiquen and Combee are commonly used in a revenge style, either punishing opponents for taking out their friends or for daring to hurt Vespiquen.
- Due to improved bulk and power, Vespiquen can function as a Pursuit trapper, tanking hits from Latios, Victini, Gengar, and Alakazam and weakening them with its move. That way, Vespiquen is able to do some progress even in the presence of a sturdy opposing team.
:bw/stoutland:
Pokémon Name: Stoutland
Type Given:

Ability: Retribution (Supreme Overlord Clone)
Stats: 85 / 105 / 80 / 35 / 70 / 115 [490 BST]
Buffed Move: Return - 100 BP - Resets any negative stat changes on user, then attacks
Description: I always remember the Stoutland line for that one move Herdier would spam in the Lenora fight, Retaliation. So, I thought it may be fitting to make burst Stoutland be aimed towards avenging fallen allies. Return loses a slight bit of power (literally 2 bp lol), but at the benefit of removing stat drops, helping mitigate the drawback to Stoutland's Superpower. Higher speed tier and slightly boosted attack help Burst Stoutland snag frailer attackers above its usual speed tier, most notably including Latios. (Life Orb Crunch guarantees an OHKO at 3 or more fainted allies, or having dark-type gained on burst guarantees the OHKO without any fainted ally boost)
Ability: Mysterious Mist: This pokemon takes half damage from dragon type moves and is immune to the secondary effects of moves
Description: Without any fairy types, steels are the only thing that can take a hit from dragons in this meta, so having another dragon resist that doesn't have to be steel type will be very useful, though if you decide to go with steel type Jellicent becomes 4x resistant to dragon type moves which paired with its 100/100 special defense means it can take a draco meteor from even Kyurem white with ease. The buff to Brine allows it to do things similar to hex+wisp but with a higher damage output, though curing the target's status both prevents it from being over powered but also means it can counter guts/poison heal mons in its terrain.
:zoroark: Burst Zoroark
Ability:
Illusion -> Illusion (yes I'm keeping it. it's Zoroark. .w.)Primary Type:
DarkBase Stats:
HP: 60 -> 80 (+20)Attack: 105 -> 125 (+20)Defense: 60Sp. Atk: 120 -> 100 (-20)Sp. Def: 60Speed: 105 -> 85 (-20)(510 BST)Upgraded Move:
Night Daze - Dark / Special - 70 BP / 100% acc / 10 (16) PP(The user looses a pitch-black shock wave at the target to inflict damage. The user can't be locked into this move, and this move can't be disabled.)
Hello again!
I have to rep Zoroark, and that means it's weird gimmick time, so...!

Basically uh, Night Daze (and only Night Daze) completely ignores and bypasses the limitations of Choice items - a Choice item will never lock you into Night Daze, but locking into another move will also never prevent you from using Night Daze. (it also stops stuff like Encore and Disable as written, but those interactions are way less relevant; the Choice interaction is the main point)
For instance, say you're running Scarf Zoroark, and you select Focus Blast on your first turn. You would normally only be able to use Focus Blast from then on, but Burst Zoroark can still pick freely between Focus Blast and Night Daze for as long as it stays around - it's only locked out of moves that are neither Focus Blast nor Night Daze.
Even better: if you select Night Daze before you lock into any other move, you still have the freedom to commit to any of your other three moves afterwards. For instance, if you use Scarf Night Daze turn one, it's as if you haven't locked into a move yet at all for the purposes of a Choice item, so you can still pull out a still pull out a Scarf U-turn on the following turn!
Essentially, your Choice item is limiting you to two moves instead of one; you just always need one of them to be Night Daze, which is nice because Dark is really spammable and it's your STAB.

Mostly, I wanted to play with Choice items somehow because Zoroark is already often Trick + Specs and Scarf user in BW UU and I think that's a role that interacts with Illusion in cool ways! It should feel authentic to Zoroark, which is the goal because Zoroark is already awesome.
There are a lot of ways to use this, so I want to go over a couple of them!
- A big one is obviously Trick, which Zoroark is known for running already. Normally, Trick + Choice sets are obviously required to use Trick on their very first turn on the field or not at all; you can't attack, see what comes in and then pull out Trick, you know? but this sub can bypass that restriction, because it can attack with Night Daze without closing off the option of a Trick on turn two, or turn three, or whenever it feels ready for it.- You wouldn't normally see Nasty Plot or Calm Mind on Choiced sets at all, because for most Pokémon, locking into setup also means locking yourself out of... y'know... special moves... that can use the boost. P: but Zoroark can get around that, too! It can use a setup move on its first turn and then try to go on a sweep with Night Daze, which is big when you realize just how fast it is with a Scarf (it can creep Pokémon as fast as base 151...! so, uh, anything unboosted except Ninjask!).Importantly, once you've used a setup move, your opponent can rest assured that you have absolutely no coverage, because Zoroark can only click Nasty Plot and +2 Night Daze from then on... but they still have to play cautiously until you do that, so you can try to use it cleverly by opening with Night Daze and seeing how your opponent reacts to Zoroark, then decide if you're actually ready to set up or if you'd rather hit them with a Focus Blast or Flamethrower and wait to set up until later.- Zoroark's special movepool is better in some ways (and Night Daze itself is a special move, so you'll definitely want some SpA investment if you're using Burst Zoroark at all!), but Burst Zoroark now has less Special Attack and more Attack, so it should have a pretty easy time going mixed if it wants.First of all, U-turn is always a good option for Choice sets, and that can definitely benefit from the higher Attack. You can use Scarf Night Daze as many times as you want and still have the option to just pivot out!Moreover, this makes it very feasible to slot a move like Sucker Punch or Pursuit on your set if you want, while still falling back on Night Daze so you aren't immediately forced out after using it once.You could still use a Scarf set with any of these, and that's definitely more realistic, but I'm... uh, curious to see if people might occasionally be able to pull off something wacky like Band Sucker Punch / Night Daze / Trick / filler? Night Daze isn't going to be the strongest on a set like that, but Band Sucker Punch off of base 125 Attack is incredibly hard-hitting as priority goes - it just happens that Zoroark is basically the only thing that can actually get a Choice Band boost on it and not end up ridiculously exploitable.Combine that with the fact that any Choice item you run can be pawned off in the middle of the game so you don't need to stress too much about all of your moves getting the boost, and maybe it can work...!
Probably the most consistent and practical example of a set you might run is a Scarf set with Nasty Plot / Night Daze / Focus Blast or Flamethrower / Trick, paired with a Trainer who gives you either Fighting or Fire depending on your secondary STAB.
In other situations, I could kinda see Bug if you just want to make Scarf U-turn hit as hard as you can? or something more defensively inclined, like Steel or a type with great immunities like Ground or Ghost, even if you aren't going to want a STAB of those types - remember, this still has Illusion, so you should keep in mind ways to make the most of that and catch your opponent off guard!!

Oh! and one more thing I nearly forgot to mention: since using Burst restores your Pokémon's HP all the way to full, I think it will a bit easier to create a convincing Illusion multiple times in a game.
Normally, if Zoroark takes any damage at all, Illusion is pretty much undermined for the rest of game in almost all situations. In general, it's not an Ability you typically get to use many times in a game, but an Ability that you're supposed to use basically once and just try to get as much mileage out of the free turns as you can. Using Zoroark as your Burst lets it "reset" its Illusion and get back to sneaking in free turns until it takes damage again; it's a pretty minor benefit, but with as rewarding as Illusion can already be when it's basically single-use, I think it's worth noting all the same!
(The reverse is true as well - it's rare that you can convincingly copy another Pokémon that's already taken damage, so Illusion is pretty reliant on as much of your team as possible being at full HP. If you're running Zoroark on your team for its Burst but don't want to use Burst every game, this benefit of the mechanic can still make its life just a little easier. Again, really small benefit, but it makes me really like the idea of getting people to run Zoroark in this mod, okay!!!
I just like Zoroark--)
BlueRay's Vespiquen 11
Rasdanation's Stoutland 7
Jazzmat's Jellicent 7
Hematite's Zoroark 6
SparkRolf's Feraligatr 3
BlueRay's Crobat 2
lepton's Mienshao 2
LOrd Fernado's Cobalion 2
Angus' Haxorus 1
lepton's Bisharp 1

See you next slate! In the meantime, discuss the winners!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)