Pet Mod Bust a Move (Playable on Dragon Heaven!) [See you in SV!]

Well, the show must go on at some point. Ahem!
:ss/Kangaskhan: :sm/Hariyama: :ss/Exeggutor:
Slate 24: Backstreet's Back
Yes, after an extended break, we are finally back! And I felt the best way to welcome us back would be to incorporate a simple idea that still allowed for some special options to celebrate the occasion. So for Slate 24, we're gonna be going with a slate I've had my eye on that's been on the radar for a while: Comet Punch, Arm Thrust and Barrage! Pretty simple issues for viability: 2 Normal Skill Link moves that are weaker than Tail Slap and lack any hosts who'd be ideal users, and the Fighting type Skill Link move that is randomly weaker than its contemporaries, with even 5 hits being far weaker than the standard Close Combat and thus not worth running. Now about those special rules:
  • In the case of Comet Punch and Barrage: if these moves are kept as Skill Link moves, these two may be changed to any type that does not already have a Skill Link move so long as the flavor is justified. [Fire, Electric, Flying, Psychic, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Dark, Fairy] In the event both winners end up the same type, we may add something if they end up having the exact same effect, albeit the winners will remain.
  • Adding a secondary effect to any of these moves is allowed, though if they stay Skill Link you should be very careful with them; see Scale Shot for an example of how to balance a Skill Link move with a secondary effect.
  • Of course, you don't have to keep them Skill Link based at all.​
~~~​
As of this slate, Bust a Move is changing how we handle votes. I have decided to switch us over to the lyd model for self-voting; for each submission you enter, you will be allowed 2 self-vote points. Self-voting for first will cost 3 SV points, second 2 SV points and third 1 SV point. This means that if you submit one entry for the slate, you will be allowed one second-place self-vote. If you have 2 subs, you will be allowed 2 second place self-votes or a 1st self-vote and a 3rd self- vote at maximum.
okispokis has submitted two subs. He can do:
X: Paulluxx, okispokis, Rasdanation
Y: Z-nogyroP, okispokis, Paulluxx
or
X: okispokis, Paulluxx, Rasdanation
Y: Z-nogyroP, Paulluxx, okispokis

This means you will have more freedom with your votes the more subs you enter; most slates you will be able to get a max of 6 SV points. If you self-vote first, though, you will be required to list 2 more people (assuming there are 2 other choices). This change in system also means that only 3 choices per vote will count towards each tally. Wanted to announce this now so any would-be submitters are aware.
~~~​
We are still looking for a new programmer, so anyone able and willing to help out with our backlog is welcome! Between that and a certain upcoming anniversary, I'm not going to set a definitive closing date, but it will probably be about a week like usual (I have another special thing planned for the upcoming slate). So, dust of those shoes and prepare- to Bust a Move!

Glad to see this is back!
Move Name: Barrage
Type: Normal
Category: Physical
BP: 15-->25
Acc: 85% -> 90%
PP: 20 (max 32)
Effect: Hits twice. Each hit has a 100% chance to drop the target's defence by 1 stage.
New Users: :Cloyster: :Clawitzer:
Viable Users: :Cloyster: :Exeggutor Alola:
Description: Based on the concept of a barrage being a continued artillery attack that slowly destroys an army's defences. Barrage can now be used to punish switch-ins and help break physical walls. It might not have use on sweepers, but it could help to create extreme pressure if used well.

Move Name: Comet Punch
Type: Psychic
BP: 18 -- -> 25
Acc: 30% -> 85%
PP: 15 (max 24)
Effect: hits 2-5 times.
New Users: :Clefable: :Breloom: :Ambipom:
Viable Users: :Breloom: :Ambipom: :Buzzwole:
Description: Basically just psychic type tail slap. You could give it to a few more pokemon for flavour reasons, but I couldn't think of anyone who really needed it. I chose psychic for the type becuase there seems to be a strong correlation between space things and the psychic type in pokemon (cosmic power, Deoxys, Solrock/Lunatone...). Could be a decent move on some pokemon that want a psychic type physical move, or on some technician pokemon.

Move Name: Arm Thrust
Type: Fighting
BP: 15
Acc: 100%
Effect: hits 2-5 times. Has +1 priority.
New Users: :Ambipom: :Breloom: :grapploct:
Viable Users: :heracross mega: :breloom: :ambipom:
Description: A physical fighting type copy of Water Shuriken. Could work well with any technician or skill link pokemon, or anything that needs fighting type priority.

Move: Arm Thrust
BP: 25
PP: 20 (32) PP
Effect: Hits 2-5 times. [Punch] [Contact]
New Users: :gurdurr::conkeldurr::crabrawler::crabominable::aipom::ambipom::clobbopus::grapploct::hitmonchan::monferno::infernape::breloom::mr-mime::scizor:
Viable Users: :crabominable::ambipom::grapploct::hitmonchan::infernape::breloom::scizor-mega:
Description: Boosted bp and punch allows iron fist mons to use it and making it more reliable. Joltemons go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Last edited:
Type:

PP: 5 [Max 8]
Accuracy: 85%
Secondary Effect: Hits 2-5 times, Upon successfully landing, inflicts torment on the target.
New Users: :jirachi::metang:/:metagross::nidoking::nidoqueen::clefable::wigglytuff::medicham::minior::deoxys::riolu:/:lucario::lopunny::ambipom:
Viable Users: :jirachi::metagross::medicham-mega::buzzwole::lucario::lopunny-mega:|:nidoking:*:metagross-mega:**:lucario-mega:**
* Nidoking doesn’t run physical sets due to sheer force having better synergy with its special attacks. However if a physical set were to ever become viable (likely if it got a SF boosted ground attack), this would be one of its best physical coverage options
** These guys belong to Nat Dex AG, and thus can’t be used in main format
Description: Comets represent doom, and since Jirachi already has a steel-type cosmic punch, I thought I’d give it one for its other STAB. A comet has historically instilled fear and hysteria among populations, hence it inflicting Torment. I wanted to keep the accuracy at 85% so the move would retain something akin to its original state, so I also made the move similar to Fire Blast. Anyways, I’ve distributed the move to Pokémon who in some shape or form are associated to space. This involves evolving via Moon Stone, literally originating from space, being able to learn meteor mash or cosmic power, or having the name Medicham.
Apparently I forgot about skill link rule. Fixed that while also giving it to Ambipom, for a Skill Link mon who can actually use the move. One thing I should also clarify given that the each hit gets SF boosted, not just the last hit.

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
LET'S FREAKING GO BUST A MOVE IS BACK!

Move Name
: Comet Punch
Type: Fire
BP: 18 ---> 25
PP: 15 [24] ---> 20 [32]
Accuracy: 95%
Secondary Effect: Hits 3-5 times. Each hit: 10% chance to burn.
New Users: :incineroar: :medicham: :lopunny: :lopunny-mega: :jirachi: and more that I'm too lazy to list off.
Viable Users: :incineroar:
Description: Comets usually burn up in the atmosphere, which is why we see shooting stars. As such, I made this a Fire-type move. Anyways, this is very useful for inflicting Burn on the opponent and doing damage simultaneously. Additionally, it has a niche of being able to break Substitute over Lava Plume or others. Incineroar would gladly take this move alongside its already threatening utility moveset of Parting Shot, Intimidate, and co.

Type: Dark
BP: 20 ----> 30
PP: 20 [32]
Secondary Effect: Hits 2-4 times. If a Pokémon has just switched into this attack, 100% flinch chance.
New Users: :rhyperior: :incineroar: :weavile: :scrafty: :bisharp: :mandibuzz: :grimmsnarl:
Viable Users: :bisharp:*:grimmsnarl::incineroar:
Description: A barrage is typically a very war-like move, and war is...well, dark. However, surprise barrages are highly effective, and as such, anything attempting to switch into this will get flinched by the surprise factor.

*Bisharp has two options: Sucker Punch (+1 priority, 70 BP) or this (no priority, 60-120 BP, punishes switches).

Last edited:
Type: Steel
Acc: 90
Effect: hits 2-5 times.

New Users: :machamp:, :scizor:, :breloom:, :aggron:, :metagross:, :infernape:, :lucario:, :crabominable:, :melmetal:
Viable Users: :scizor:, :scizor-mega:, :breloom:, :aggron-mega:, :metagross-mega:(AG), :infernape:, :lucario-mega:(AG), :conkeldurr:, :buzzwole:, :melmetal:

Description: This revamp of Comet Punch allows steel types to have another move to use as stab, with the "poster-child" of this being Scizor, with STAB and a boost from technician, and Melmetal with Iron Fist. Fighting types can also use this as a way fo coverage against fairy types, like technician Breloom and Iron Fist Infernape and Conkeldurr, for example.

Just to clarify, the rule did say to keep Comet Punch a Skill Link move, and being based on Triple Axel, it should fit, but just incase okispokis doesn’t respond in time, I’ll make one for the scenario where Triple Axel like moves are accepted and where they are not.
Also, here is what Bulbapedia says about Skill Link and it’s relation to Triple Kick and Triple Axel.

If Triple Axel like moves are accepted, use this;
BP: 20
PP:
15 (Max 24)
Accuracy: 95%
Secondary Effect:
Hits 6 times with each hit having a chance to miss, and combines Steel into the type Effectiveness
New Users: Going by the earliest stages that learn it :machop: :Clefairy: :Metang: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:-R :golett: :melmetal: :riolu: :aipom: :Heracross::Makuhita::clobbopus: :Jirachi: :Deoxys:
Viable Users: :Machamp: :Metagross: :Urshifu:-R :Golurk: :Melmetal: :Lucario: :Heracross-Mega: :Hariyama::grapploct: ?:ambipom: :Conkeldurr: :Buzzwole: :Deoxys-Attack:
Description: This move is like a combination if Triple Axel and Flying Press due to the move names in Japan and US for this move and Meteor Mash.

If Triple Axel like moves are not accepted, use this;
PP:
15 (Max 24)
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect:
Hits 2-5 times, and combines Steel into the type Effectiveness
New Users: Going by the earliest stages that learn it :machop: :Clefairy: :Metang: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:-R :golett: :melmetal: :riolu: :aipom: :Heracross::Makuhita::clobbopus: :Jirachi: :Deoxys:
Viable Users: :Heracross-Mega: :ambipom: :Hariyama:
Description: A lot of the Pokemon I originally intended to have used my original Comet Punch are not as strong of a user of the move since now it’s a bit harder to get maximum number of hits.

Move Name: Barrage (Ball Throw)
PP:
20 (Max 32)
Secondary Effect:
Hits 2-5 times, and if the target faints, the remaining hits will land on the Pokemon coming in
New Users: :Magnemite: :genesect: :magearna: :registeel: :steelix: :voltorb: :ferroseed: :Aegislash: :togedemaru: :gastly: :stakataka: :lucario::Aron::cloyster:
Viable Users: :Ferrothorn: :Aggron: :Stakataka: :Aegislash: :steelix: :cloyster:
Description:
One of my ideas for Barrage would to have let Barrage hit 20 times, have a BP of 10, but about 35% of those hits would miss, and it was a bit complex and not really a Skill Link move, as it would always be used 20 times in 1 turn. So I had instead made Barrage a more simple mechanic that many people would like to see on regular multi-hit moves. This being when the target faints before the last hit, the remaining hits are not wasted.
The steel typing idea is based on the fact that barrage is kind of meant to be a volley of round bullets, and has Ball Throw in the name. So I decided to give the move to a bunch of Pokemon associated with being round of shooting multiple projectiles. The main benefit of the move is breaking Sash/Sturdy for leads if you want to trust Rock Blast, and on sweepers since there are no missing hits per turn. Stakataka can even get 2 Beast Boosts in a Single turn in Singles because of this.

BP: 20
PP:
20 (Max 32)
Target: All Adjacent Opponents
Secondary Effect:
Hits 2-5 times, lowers the target’s Speed by 1 stage.
New Users: :poliwrath: :throh: :Buzzwole: :Hakamo-o: :gurdurr: :Machoke:
Viable Users: :Heracross-Mega:
:Hariyama: :conkeldurr: :Kommo-o:
Description: Like with barrage, the original idea would be too complex to code and too op, where each hit would send out the opponent like Circle Throw does, so I toned it down so that it lowers speed every hit, since that still fits. Mega Heracross has yet another move to abuse, but also plenty of slower Pokemon too that appreciate their opponent’s speed drops. This also would be fantastic in Doubles where it can act similar to Icy Wind.
The New Pokemon that get the move typically have large hands like Throh and Kommo-o.

Last edited:
Type:
1647707965694.png

Category:
1647707980777.png

BP: 10
PP: 20
Accuracy: 90%
Secondary Effect: Hits 3-5 times. Has a 20% to lower the target’s special defense by 1 stage with each hit.
Attributes: Ballistic
New Users: :octillery::clawitzer: :celesteela: :blacephalon: :charizard-mega-y: :moltres: :talonflame: :torkoal: :magmortar: :heatmor::toucannon:
Viable Users: :blacephalon: :charizard-mega-y: :moltres: :talonflame: :celesteela:
Description: User bombards the target with bomb shells to break down their defenses. The fire typing comes from the fiery explosions. This move is used to break down the opponents special defense really quickly, so that any follow up attack will deal major damage, amazing for wallbreakers. Distribution was given to Pokémon related to guns and artillery, flaying types that look like they could drop bombs in the enemy, mons related to explosions and some general flying types. This buffs most notably blace, and zard, which can now use barrage preemptively to make switch into them harder for the opponent.

Attachments

Last edited:
Type: View attachment 413793
Category: View attachment 413794
BP: 10
Accuracy: 90%
Secondary Effect: Hits 3 times. Lowers the target’s special defense by 1 stage with each hit.
Attributes: Ballistic
New Users: :octillery::clawitzer: :celesteela: :blacephalon: :charizard-mega-y: :moltres: :talonflame: :torkoal: :magmortar: :heatmor:
Viable Users: :blacephalon: :charizard-mega-y: :moltres: :talonflame: :celesteela:
Description: User bombards the target with bomb shells to break down their defenses. The fire typing comes from the fiery explosions. This move is used to break down the opponents special defense really quickly, so that any follow up attack will deal major damage, amazing for wallbreakers. Distribution was given to Pokémon related to guns and artillery, flaying types that look like they could drop bombs in the enemy, mons related to explosions and some general flying types. This buffs most notably blace, and zard, which can now use barrage preemptively to make switch into them harder for the opponent.
So how does this interact with Skill Link?

Move Name: Comet punch
BP:120->100->80->....etc
PP: 16
Accuracy: 100
Secondary Effect: This moves power decreases after each use. min bp: 20 Resets on switch out.
New Users: Lopunny (mega) Diggersby, Weavile,
Viable Users: Lopunny-mega , diggersby
Description: Based on the structure of actual comets that get thinner towards the tail.

Quick feedback post.

PalpitoadChamp: I think you might have forgotten part of your description for Barrage. I'm guessing it's something like Photon Geyser since there'd be no point having a physical move only work of special attack. Also, type change for these moves was only allowed if they stayed Skill Link and could only be types that didn't already have a SL move, so Grass is ineligible.

Rasdanation: Ditto with the SL rule.

d3adbydayl1ght: Please just keep both moves 2-5 hits, it's simpler and this weird interval technically makes it not Skill Link. You are required to list every new mon (at least earliest stage) that'd get a move since we do have to distribute this at some point. For Comet Punch, that's over 60% chance to burn off 5 hits; I am not okay with effect being an "every hit" thing. Also not sure what "100% flinch rate on switch in" on your Barrage means; a mon is not going to move the turn it switches in, so this sounds pointless.

Cuddly: Your Comet Punch breaks both aspects of the type-change rule I gave; if you switch it to Normal this would be totally fine. Also, Arm Thrust lowering speed with each hit is definitely a bit OP; your intended user, Mega Hera, basically gets a 100 BP STAB that guarantees any switch in will be slower than it, which kinda eliminates a lot of offensive counterplay. Am going to ask you tone it down, limit the effect to happening after like Scale Shot.

VoolPool: Ditto with the SL rule.

You all have at least 24 hours to change your subs or make new ones. Don't worry about letting me know, I will see any changes when I go through everything before opening voting.

Quick feedback post.

PalpitoadChamp: I think you might have forgotten part of your description for Barrage. I'm guessing it's something like Photon Geyser since there'd be no point having a physical move only work of special attack. Also, type change for these moves was only allowed if they stayed Skill Link and could only be types that didn't already have a SL move, so Grass is ineligible.

Rasdanation: Ditto with the SL rule.

d3adbydayl1ght: Please just keep both moves 2-5 hits, it's simpler and this weird interval technically makes it not Skill Link. You are required to list every new mon (at least earliest stage) that'd get a move since we do have to distribute this at some point. For Comet Punch, that's over 60% chance to burn off 5 hits; I am not okay with effect being an "every hit" thing. Also not sure what "100% flinch rate on switch in" on your Barrage means; a mon is not going to move the turn it switches in, so this sounds pointless.

Cuddly: Your Comet Punch breaks both aspects of the type-change rule I gave; if you switch it to Normal this would be totally fine. Also, Arm Thrust lowering speed with each hit is definitely a bit OP; your intended user, Mega Hera, basically gets a 100 BP STAB that guarantees any switch in will be slower than it, which kinda eliminates a lot of offensive counterplay. Am going to ask you tone it down, limit the effect to happening after like Scale Shot.

VoolPool: Ditto with the SL rule.

You all have at least 24 hours to change your subs or make new ones. Don't worry about letting me know, I will see any changes when I go through everything before opening voting.
You said Skill Link move, and Triple Axel is a Skill Link move, but if you meant that it has to be like Bullet Seed or Pin Missile, then I can change it to that.
Also went ahead and changed Arm Thrust to be more like Scale Shot where the stat changes happens after usage.

Base Power: 25
PP: 10
Description: The user fires an unrelenting barrage into the sky. For two to five turns, fired steel will rain down onto the foe.
Effect: Does no damage when used. At the end of the next 2-5 turns, this attack will hit, calculating damage using the stats of the user when the attack was used. Only one Barrage can be active on each side at once. Affected by Skill Link.
New Users: Octillery, Cloyster, Toucannon, Melmetal, Aggron, Cobalion, Copperajah, Duraludon, Metagross, Registeel, Steelix, Stakataka, Ferrothorn

Basically Doom Desire spread out across a few turns, which can make it difficult for types weak to Steel (mostly Fairy) to switch in, which can enable some powerful switches for the user. It does synergize with Skill Link, so Cloyster (or Toucannon I guess?) can set a long-lasting Barrage at the sacrifice of having STAB.

Base Power: 50
Description: The user takes a turn to channel energy from the sky, and then strikes two to five times with the speed of a comet. Each strike raises the user's speed.
Effect: Charges turn 1, then attacks 2-5 times turn 2. Each hit raises the user's speed by 1 stage.
New Users: Ambipom, Cincinno, Heracross, Lopunny, Kecleon, Obstagoon, Regigigas, Spinda, Ursaring, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Mawile, Azumarill, Audino, Grimmsnarl, Medicham, Mienshao, Sirfetch'd, Kommo-o, Breloom

A powerful way to increase speed and deal big damage for the Normal, Fairy, and Fighting types that get it. Will likely be used mostly with a Power Herb, making it hard for the Megas like Lopunny, Heracross, Mawile, and Kangaskhan that have access to use it effectively without proper planning.

Last edited:
And it is voting time! The following subs are still ineligible:

deadbydaylight's Comet Punch: Burn chance is too high.
Cuddly's Comet Punch: Both versions are still Fighting, which already has a Skill Link move (technically two thanks to Triple Kick). Hindsight I possibly should have been clearer about the typing also being an issue, though I did list legal types at the start of the slate.

Other than that, all subs are on the table for voting. Remember to read the updated rule on self-voting. Voting ends about 0:00 GMT on April 1st, or about 2 days from now; a bit shorter than usual, but I wanted to make sure we did something particular on April 1st for certain reasons. And let's just say: the next slate is gonna be another special one.

Votes:

Barrage: Phoenix_Alchemist, Cuddly, VoolPool
Comet Punch: Rasdanation, analysis geek, memebitatxt
Arm Thrust: cheesesir, Cuddly, PalpitoadChamp

And the votes are in! Here are the results:

For Barrage: Phoenix_Alchemist!
Base Power: 25
Description: The user fires an unrelenting barrage into the sky. For two to five turns, fired steel will rain down onto the foe.
Effect: Does no damage when used. At the end of the next 2-5 turns, this attack will hit, calculating damage using the stats of the user when the attack was used. Only one Barrage can be active on each side at once. Affected by Skill Link.
New Users: Octillery, Cloyster, Toucannon, Melmetal, Aggron, Cobalion, Copperajah, Duraludon, Metagross, Registeel, Steelix, Stakataka, Ferrothorn

Basically Doom Desire spread out across a few turns, which can make it difficult for types weak to Steel (mostly Fairy) to switch in, which can enable some powerful switches for the user. It does synergize with Skill Link, so Cloyster (or Toucannon I guess?) can set a long-lasting Barrage at the sacrifice of having STAB.
For Comet Punch: Rasdanation!
Type:

PP: 5 [Max 8]
Secondary Effect: Hits 2-5 times, Upon successfully landing, inflicts torment on the target.
New Users: :jirachi::metang:/:metagross::nidoking::nidoqueen::clefable::wigglytuff::medicham::minior::deoxys::riolu:/:lucario::lopunny::ambipom:
Viable Users: :jirachi::metagross::medicham-mega::buzzwole::lucario::lopunny-mega:|:nidoking:*:metagross-mega:**:lucario-mega:**
* Nidoking doesn’t run physical sets due to sheer force having better synergy with its special attacks. However if a physical set were to ever become viable (likely if it got a SF boosted ground attack), this would be one of its best physical coverage options
** These guys belong to Nat Dex AG, and thus can’t be used in main format
Description: Comets represent doom, and since Jirachi already has a steel-type cosmic punch, I thought I’d give it one for its other STAB. A comet has historically instilled fear and hysteria among populations, hence it inflicting Torment. I wanted to keep the accuracy at 85% so the move would retain something akin to its original state, so I also made the move similar to Fire Blast. Anyways, I’ve distributed the move to Pokémon who in some shape or form are associated to space. This involves evolving via Moon Stone, literally originating from space, being able to learn meteor mash or cosmic power, or having the name Medicham.
Apparently I forgot about skill link rule. Fixed that while also giving it to Ambipom, for a Skill Link mon who can actually use the move. One thing I should also clarify given that the each hit gets SF boosted, not just the last hit.
For Arm Thrust: cheesesir!
BP: 15
Effect: hits 2-5 times. Has +1 priority.
New Users: :Ambipom: :Breloom: :grapploct:
Viable Users: :heracross mega: :breloom: :ambipom:
Description: A physical fighting type copy of Water Shuriken. Could work well with any technician or skill link pokemon, or anything that needs fighting type priority.
Congrats to all our winners! Now that that is taken care of, today is a rather special day. Specifically, today is the first anniversary of Bust a Move! We've had quite a few slates, things that didn't go quite as planned, but overall I have greatly enjoyed my time here, and I look forward to seeing what you guys have planned for the future! But anyways, anniversary obviously calls for something big, so here is what we're going to do for our anniversary slate (which also happens to be #25):
:ss/Dialga: :ss/Genesect: :ss/Giratina:
Slate 25: The Fallen
Yes, we're dipping our toes into the pool of Ubers. Legendaries nowadays are positively spoiled with signature moves, but not all signatures are created equal, as is the case with the mighty Roar of Time, Shadow Force and Technoblast! Roar of Time is a recharge move. ... Need I say more? (btw, why does the Lord of Time have to recharge?) Shadow Force is not as bad, but 2 turns is not ideal, especially now that Giratina now has a strong, one-turn, physical Ghost STAB and its offensive form can't run Power Herb. Technoblast is pretty much diet Judgement; being stuck on a mon that hasn't been good in Ubers in 3 generations is tough enough, much less with an item restriction to actually make it worth the effort. As we are not currently in a position to make a separate Ubers meta, you may distribute these moves to 1 (one!) non-Uber mon as long as it makes sense; that said, would prefer Roar and Shadow to be made with their original users in mind (Techno on Genesect is probably not gonna work without very specific modifications).
~~~
You all have one week to get your subs in. Be sure to observe the rules, including updated voting, but otherwise get out there and Bust a Move!

Move Name: Roar of Time
Type: Dragon
Category: Special
BP: 150 -> 100
Acc: 90%
PP: 5
Effect: 20% chance to raise the user's Speed stat.
New Users: :dracovish: :dracozolt:
Viable Users: :dialga: :dracovish: :dracozolt:
Description: Technically this is still only distribution to one non-Ubers 'mon. Flavour is that they're fossils. This can replace Draco Meteor on mixed Dracozolt. Speed boost chance is low enough to be unreliable but very strong if it happens, though it doesn't combo well with the more popular Choice sets.

Move Name: Shadow Force
Type: Ghost
BP: 120
Effect: Lowers the user's Defense and Sp. Defense one stage.
New Users: :dragapult:
Viable Users: :giratina-origin: :dragapult:
Description: Gotta compete with Astral Barrage somehow. Dragapult has long suffered from its lack of a good Ghost STAB, so maybe now it'll be viable in RU.

(April Fool's. The sub is the same but the non-Uber that gets it should be :banette: because the poor thing doesn't exist in gen 8 and thus doesn't have Poltergeist.)

Move Name: Techno Blast
BP: 120 -> 110
Acc: 100% -> 90%
Effect: Changes type to match the held Drive.
New Users: :porygon-z:
Viable Users: :porygon-z:
Description: Please.

Move name: Roar Of Time
BP: 150->110
Acc: 100
PP: 5->10 (max 16)
Effect: -1 priority. Raises the user's speed by 1 stage. (Sound Based)
New Users: :Exploud:
Viable Users: :Exploud: :Dialga:
Description: Based on the idea of messing with time, this move makes the user move later in a turn, but gives it an overall speed boost. It feels like it matches the flavour of the move well, and meshes well with Dialga's design as well. This could be used to enable sweeps and be a strong, spammable special dragon move. Exploud gets this because it looks like he roars a lot.

Move name: Shadow Force
BP: 120->100
Acc: 100
PP: 5->10 (max 16)
Effect: -3 priority. The user takes 1/2 damage on the turn they use this move.
New Users: :Dusknoir:
Viable Users: :Dusknoir: :giratina origin:
Description: I wanted to keep the idea of hiding in the shadows, while also getting rid of the semi-invulnerable turn that is present with Shadow Force. This update works similarly to Focus Punch, but you still move even if you are attacked. During that turn, you take 1/2 damage, so the user can be quite tanky. You almost always move last with this, and hit quite hard with a strong ghost move. The 1/2 damage modifier might be a bit too strong, let me know if it should be reduced. The move is given to Dusknoir because it has strong connections to the shadows and the underworld, which feel like they fit the flavour of this move.

Move name: Techno Blast
BP: 120->100
PP:
5->10 (max 16)
Effect:
Deals damage based on held plate. (Pulse Move)
New Users: :Clawitzer:
Viable Users:
:Clawitzer:
Description:
Just to clarify, this is my April Fools joke for the year. I would be very happy if Clawitzer could actually be good, but I do not see it happening in the near future. Changed the necessary item from one of the drives to a plate for more type diversity and the ability to boost other moves. I'm just imagining a 100 BP STAB move with mega launcher.

BP: 150-> 100
Secondary Effect: 30% chance to flinch opponent.
New Users: Hydreigon
Viable Users: Hydreigon
Description: Gives hydreigon another dragon STAB it can use on nasty plot sets without having to drop its special attack.

Accuracy: Does not miss
Secondary Effect: Lowers user’s Atk by 2 stages; breaks protect.
New Users: Mimikyu
Viable Users: Mimikyu
Description: Mimikyu gets a ghost type nuke that is consistent and doesn't rely on the opponent having an item.

Move Name:Techno Blast
BP: 40
Secondary Effect: Super effective against steel types
New Users: porygon-z
Viable Users: porygon-z
Description: Gives Porygon-z a way to break past steels and is boosted by adaptability as justification for the low bp.

Last edited:
Move Name: Techno Blast
PP: 5 (Max 8)
Secondary Effect:
Type of the move changes depending on what Drive the user is holding. Gains x1.5 power if the user is holding a Drive. Now a Sound move.
Target:
All Adjacent Pokémon
New Users: :porygon-Z:E
Viable Users: :porygon-Z: maybe :Genesect:
Description: Techno Blast is definitely the easiest one to fix. The reason why Techno Blast was never used because it’s a Normal Type move that needs a mostly useless item to have its full functionality, and it was on a Pokemon with already great coverage. However, on something like Porygon-Z, it actually becomes something good. Aside from Hyper Beam, it would be Porygon-Z’s strong special STAB. It would be like a worse Boomburst with less PP, lower BP, and less accuracy, but still incredibly strong. I also spiced up the move by making it a Sound Move (which is another Draw Back) but also made the Drives give Techno Blast a psuedo STAB, which is solving the problem of its main gimmick. You aren’t just using a Drive to get 1 decently strong coverage move. You are using a Drive to get an insanely strong coverage move now. 180 BP Fire, Water, Electric, or Ice coverage is definitely worth using an Item Slot up for Genesect and Porygon-Z.
Porygon-Z thematically makes sense for obvious reasons. It’s like the move was originally designed for the Porygon line, but gave it to Genesect.

BP: 30
PP:
5 (Max 8)
Secondary Effect: Hits 5 consecutive turns after being used (Sort of like Future Sight but starts on the turn used and ends 5 turns later). Bypasses Protect
New Users:
:Duraludon:E
Viable Users: :Duraludon: :Dialga:(When it’s released) Dialga-Origin
Description: Like Techno Blast, RoT would be an easy fix. Just make it Dragon Doom Desire, but that would be lazy. Instead, it’s like Doom Desire but happens 5 times after being used.
Duraludon thematically makes sense as Duraludon, Dracovish, and Dragapult suspeciously share characteristics with Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Namely typing and designs, and that’s more than previous “older game references new game” trope, which may just be a coincidence. Even so, Duraludon is based on The Shard, the tallest building in the UK, and Dialga is based on Japanese Mythology.
Also consider that Darkrai learns Roar of Time from an Event simply because it was featured in a movie with Dialga and Palkia fighting, and I think it’s fair to say that Duraludon could learn it too without any trouble.

PP: 5 (Max 8)
Secondary Effect: Traps the target and Disappears Turn 1. Deals damage Turn 2. Trap is lifted after Turn 2.
New Users: :Drifblim:
E
Viable Users: :Drifblim: :Giratina: :Giratina-Origin:
Description:
Shadow Force acts as a Ghost type Sky Drop with a more powerful effect. While it may seem like an Upgrade to Sky Drop, remember that it’s also a Ghost type move, so the move is useless against Normal types. Additionally, the move doesn’t work exactly like Sky Drop. Instead of lifting the Pokemon into the sky, the move will trap the target instead. This means the target is still able to use moves, and Ghost types, Shed Shell users, and Teleport users can escape. This may break the rule of not being a direct upgrade of another move, but Shadow Force was already an upgrade of another move anyways. The main draw for Giratina here is that it has a strong attack that stalls most encounters. A physical wall that was Badly Poisoned and while Sand is up now has to endure 2 turns of Toxic Damage and 2 turns of Sand Damage. The move will also still work if the target has no items, so no worries with using Knock Off on a teammate.
Dragapult, like stated earlier, is part of this unofficial trio with Duraludon and Dracovish, being the Giratina Rep. The move also fits Dragapult the most compared to the other 2 as Dragapult is literally the Stealth Pokemon and is based on the most annoying unit in Advance Wars Stealth Fighter jets. Also just look at Dragapult’s Shiny.
Since Dragapult is Ubers, I guess Drifblim will have to take its spot. Which is fine since Drifblim can use it with Unburden and kidnaps children anyways.

Note: Porygon-Z, Duraludon, and Dragapult would recieve the moves via events, which is why they have E next to them. IDK if you can specifically say how a Pokemon obtains the move, which most of the time wouldn’t matter, but I think it helps here since certain combinations of moves won’t be available.
If this isn’t allowed or you would like to know the other moves they get during the event, let me know.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seeing as this metagame is technically a Nat Dex based one, isn't Dragapult banned? And dven if not, is it really a smart idea to give Dragapult literally any physical Ghost STAB? GF was very deliberate on why it lacks it and Nat Dex had to ban it for just a one time version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)