BW Cup IX - Round 3 [ALL REPLAYS REQUIRED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

Logo by MiniArchitect

BW Cup IX Round 3

whether you weather the weather is up to you

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard BW OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Replays will be required starting in Round 2 of the tournament.
hey pals this stuff is just the cliffnotes, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtoursserver. The Main PS! serveris also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Move Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
  • Moody Clause

Round Three

tier  vs  Lhions
Euglena  vs  Sergi
Eeveeto  vs  yovan33321
Teclis  vs  watashi
decis  vs  johnnyg2
John Madden  vs  Nineveh
Lilly Lilligant  vs  TyCarter
SaDiSTiCNarwhal  vs  Twixtry
AA  vs  Star
Zenadark  vs  Finchinator
Zaza  vs  Career Ended
Gochan  vs  w_r
sablolol  vs  Leo
SOMALIA  vs  Nalorium
Confide  vs  Raiza
Raichy  vs  Greentea570
Garay oak  vs  reyscarface
Feaniix  vs  Lfrs
For 4LOM  vs  devin
Drifting  vs  Luispeikou
Sergio Aguero  vs Laurel
Conflict  vs  btboy
Jhonx~  vs  profdesinnoh
Zokuru  vs  GaryTheGengar
IUPLC  vs  BlazingDark
London Beats  vs  swordstrike
monchooo  vs  GasaiYunoSan
TibarnWasTaken  vs  Rewer
BIHI  vs  Airi
lolebruh  vs  Jaajgko
airfare  vs  stunner047
mael  vs  BluBirD
Lily  vs  TLTK
Canned Furs  vs  twash
So Noisy  vs  baddummy
OliverBlue_  vs  Lusa
awyp vs  EviGaro
Torchic  vs  ziloXX
z0mOG  vs  MrSoup
Beraldo  vs  inaho
SoulWind  vs  ABR
erz  vs  Flyte
damflame 3  vs  elodin
Mattakata  vs  nightcore
Melle2402  vs  Maitre rock
mentalsoft  vs  Tenebricite
Groudon  vs  Mako
ArcticBreeze  vs  1996ITO
sk1191212  vs  BrunnoGreen
FastCarVroom!!!  vs  Clementine
Meridian  vs  Exiline
ima vs  Pideous
Fabriisse  vs  Siatam
Kenix  vs  BIG loven
Dj Breloominati♬  vs  crying
Excal  vs  shadowtime2000
Grabby  vs  JayFire95
skimmythegod  vs  Steam Buns
Athena's Myth  vs  Malekith
TeamCharm  vs  Latias
hellpowna  vs  Braverius
Abbehat  vs  Heika
zf  vs  Corperate n
Farce Of The Death  vs  Kristyl

The deadline is 11:59 PM GMT+0 on July 18th for extentions. Replays are required this round.
The deadline is 11:59 PM GMT+0 on July 23rd. Replays are required this round.
If you have any questions, send Lady Salamence a private message on the forums or to the afairy account on Discord.

Last edited:
Lady Salamence i asked for an extension for my match with Jisoo as I was ignored all day and they only gave me a total of 6 hours of availability this week.

Please see my wall as well as my message in the previous thread as I’ll be able to play tomorrow.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Lady Salamence i asked for an extension for my match with Jisoo as I was ignored all day and they only gave me a total of 6 hours of availability this week.

Please see my wall as well as my message in the previous thread as I’ll be able to play tomorrow.
Hello,

Your opponent requested an activity win in the thread, and you requested an extension in the thread. After discussing the situation with a Tournament Director for a second pair of eyes, the determination was made to validate Jisoo's activity claim. The decision stands. My apologies.

yo Lady Salamence , i won R2 against F-00 yesterday, i just couldn't post right after the series, sorry about this

heres the replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-703957
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-703969
I've resolved this. CC IUPLC - your opponent has changed.

Lady Salamence my opponent did not tag me in the thread so i had no idea they asked for an activity win. I messaged them early on Sunday and they ignored me all day. This was a clear activity fish to me.

I don’t see the harm in providing a 1 day extension when we can easily play in the next few days.

My opponent provided a total of 6 hours of availability all week (not on the weekend) and I was available for 12+ hours on Sunday.

a fairy

Community Leader
Lady Salamence my opponent did not tag me in the thread so i had no idea they asked for an activity win. I messaged them early on Sunday and they ignored me all day. This was a clear activity fish to me.

I don’t see the harm in providing a 1 day extension when we can easily play in the next few days.

My opponent provided a total of 6 hours of availability all week (not on the weekend) and I was available for 12+ hours on Sunday.
When reviewing the communications and posts available to us, we saw the following: at the start of the round both of you had some initial communication but never tried to schedule. On Thursday, there was a brief conversation initiated by Jisoo that ended with Jisoo giving their (albeit limited) availability for the remainder of the round. This message went unresponded until day of deadline after Jisoo had already requested activity, with you requesting to play after deadline. You are welcome to inquire further with myself or Merritt on the topic if you would like.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion

When reviewing the communications and posts available to us, we saw the following: at the start of the round both of you had some initial communication but never tried to schedule. On Thursday, there was a brief conversation initiated by Jisoo that ended with Jisoo giving their (albeit limited) availability for the remainder of the round. This message went unresponded until day of deadline after Jisoo had already requested activity, with you requesting to play after deadline. You are welcome to inquire further with myself or Merritt on the topic if you would like.
If you read the convo, in my first msg I stated that I am available 8-10pm. I left it open for him to pick a day convenient for him and I was ignored for several days. He could have picked any evening and he waited till the last minute. No patience for this kind of thing.

If you read the convo, in my first msg I stated that I am available 8-10pm. I left it open for him to pick a day convenient for him and I was ignored for several days. He could have picked any evening and he waited till the last minute. No patience for this kind of thing.
I missed your message on Thursday as I stated and take the blame for that. Completely my fault. I actively tried to play yesterday which I hope you can appreciate and was available for 12+ hours.

You were given the activity win, you can either take it or I’m available to play between 8pm-10pm today, tomorrow, and wednesday. At the end of the day it’s your choice and respect your decision either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)