BW Cup XI - Round 5 [ALL REPLAYS REQUIRED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

Logo by MiniArchitect

BW Cup IX Round 5

smurf

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard BW OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Replays will be required starting in Round 2 of the tournament.
hey pals this stuff is just the cliffnotes, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtoursserver. The Main PS! serveris also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Move Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
  • Moody Clause

Round Five

Garay oak  vs  Nineveh
crying  vs  Sergi
BlazingDark  vs  mael
Excal  vs  zf
Raichy  vs  Melle2402
Lily  vs  Tenebricite
ABR  vs  Sergio Aguero
TeamCharm  vs  Malekith
GaryTheGengar  vs  Kristyl
Nalorium  vs  swordstrike
Mako  vs  Pideous
devin  vs  Raiza
Meridian  vs  Star
So Noisy  vs  BrunnoGreen
Leo  vs  Finchinator
Rewer  vs  erz

The deadline is 11:59 PM GMT+0 on August 1st for extensions. Replays are required this round.
The deadline is 11:59 PM GMT+0 on August 6th. Replays are required this round.
If you have any questions, send Lady Salamence a private message on the forums or to the afairy account on Discord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
hello, I forgot to make a post about it because I didn't realize the deadline was 11:59pm +0 instead of -4, that was my bad (and swordstrike's too kek), but me and swordstrike will need an extension.

We tried to schedule for today at 9pm -4, however Swordstrike told me their weekend is rough and would probably not be able to make it, and I said I was fine with an extension if it was needed.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited:

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
hello, I forgot to make a post about it because I didn't realize the deadline was 11:59pm +0 instead of -4, that was my bad (and swordstrike's too kek), but me and swordstrike will need an extension.

We tried to schedule for today at 9pm -4, however Swordstrike told me their weekend is rough and would probably not be able to make it, and I said I was fine with an extension if it was needed.

Sorry for the inconvenience
This is fine with me barring some unusual circumstance, cc Nalorium - an extension is being granted in light of new information.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
hello, i didn't post before because i thought deadline was until midnight gmt -4.

i contacted my opponent as soon as i woke up today because i realized we hadn't scheduled our game for round 4. i wasn't aware we hadn't scheduled because i had games planned for a bunch of tournaments (uuwc, upl, rby cup, gsc cup, adv cup) this week, so it was a bit hard to keep track, but i figured it was fine since i play most of my games sunday anyway and was available the entire day.

even though my opponent didn't reply to me i figured we could maybe wait until she responded so we could figure out a time to play on a possible extension (which, again, would only be necessary if he couldn't play today, since i made myself available the whole day). but turns out our matchup got coinflipped and i lost the coinflip instead.

idk if this was a fair call because even though there was no contact from both parties during weekdays i did attempt to get the series done and made myself available on the most important day (sunday and deadline) to do so, but received no reply/attempt to contact on her end.

also, as you can see from his profile, my r4 opponent has not been online since monday (july 24th) and has been losing to inactivity in multiple tournaments for the past few weeks:

1690767369582.png

1690767530612.png

1690767547831.png

1690767564124.png

imo it's very clear that she has had something cup up irl recently and just hasn't been able to show up to play her matches (she even said so in one of the screenshots above). considering how far into the tournament we already are, is it really fair to hand out a free activity win to someone in round 5?

also i particularly don't know if there's grounds for a coinflip call here, because, like i said, i did make myself available all day to play our match and reached out to schedule it. but even if there is, i feel like for the sake of the competition in this tournament we should maybe consider giving our r4 match a few more days to see if it could happen? or give me the activity win instead? because from what i've seen i'm pretty sure she's not available to play in tournaments at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

a fairy

Community Leader
I've discussed this situation with the Tournament Directors, and the decision to coinflip the game will stand. In short, attempting to schedule nine hours before the deadline is not sufficient for an activity claim. Without any show of agreement on an extension, or a claim at an activity win without any post requesting it that doesn't go against precedent, the only option left is a coin flip.

If you would like further clarification or information, you are welcome to start up a direct message with myself and Merritt.

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lots of really good match ups. good luck to all!

and ya know what - i fucked up by not going hard chansey vs dnite at +0. w/e, that's true McMeghan

but also - i hit that fuckin dnite with scald 4 times, 71% chance to burn. throw in a couple icebeams too. objectively better odds than hitting a focusblast to win that game at that state.

and i m fuckin pissed.

it s mons, it happens, whatever. but it would be nice to be in classic playoffs as one last hurrah. and i'd be a round or two out with 3 cups left. instead i'm 4 - 5 rounds out with 2 cups left

u have to be lucky to win at this game. to win an individual. there's no way around that... u can innovate, u can play well enough, but it comes down to rngs at the end of the day. that's the game we all choose to play. and that's fuckin upsetting. it really is.

i m past the point where i have the time and energy to no life this shit and i m playing against ppl who do. i tried one last time with this tour, and here i am

see u in playoffs, i hope. most certainly will be my last.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
heya Lady Salamence could tenebricite and I have an extension please? our availability this week doesn't line up super well but we intend to play on tuesday the 8th. ty in advance!

Fabriisse

formerly noobiste
and ya know what - i fucked up by not going hard chansey vs dnite at +0. w/e, that's true McMeghan

but also - i hit that fuckin dnite with scald 4 times, 71% chance to burn. throw in a couple icebeams too. objectively better odds than hitting a focusblast to win that game at that state.

and i m fuckin pissed.

it s mons, it happens, whatever. but it would be nice to be in classic playoffs as one last hurrah. and i'd be a round or two out with 3 cups left. instead i'm 4 - 5 rounds out with 2 cups left

u have to be lucky to win at this game. to win an individual. there's no way around that... u can innovate, u can play well enough, but it comes down to rngs at the end of the day. that's the game we all choose to play. and that's fuckin upsetting. it really is.

i m past the point where i have the time and energy to no life this shit and i m playing against ppl who do. i tried one last time with this tour, and here i am

see u in playoffs, i hope. most certainly will be my last.
If it's your last tournament, i hope you win it !

Last edited:
Hi, i dont know why my game was coinfliped but my opponent didnt show up at the agreed time and he didn't answer me again, I think that should have been activity in my favor.
IMG_20230801_110914.jpg
IMG_20230801_111507.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)