BW OU BW OU Team First

First of all, this is the first competitive team I have built, so there will probably be some blatant errors here and there, which is why I am here. But anyway, this is my team:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
When people think of Terrakion, they refer it to as a physical sweeper. Few take for granted that it can actually learn Stealth Rock. Many times in battles the opponent switches, which gives Terrakion a free turn to set up. Taunt is used for pokemon like Blissey and Forretress (basically pokemon that set-up) so that they get trolled all over which renders them useless. Taunt can also kill baton passers, which is an additional bonus! Close Combat and Stone Edge are there for physical STAB, and to use the brilliant attack stat that Terrakion holds. I put a focus sash on it so that it can always set up Stealth Rock without getting an OHKO. Terrakion can also help later in the game for sweeping. Full attack and speed investment in EVs so that Terrakion can hit quick and hit hard!

Garchomp @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
This set is unique, as I have replaced the common Outrage/Dragon Claw with Dragon Tail. In this team, I needed at least 2 pseudo-hazers so that the opponent can get a taste of the Stealth Rock. Swords Dance is used to sky rocket my attack, but also to get Dragon Tail more powerful. Earthquake is obvious STAB, and Fire Fang is used for coverage. EVs speak for themselves. I put a Dragon Fang on Garchomp just to gain more power from the Dragon Tail. Rough Skin is there just to get some extra damage, which is always helpful.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
I use Magnezone with Garchomp to create the infamous combination of Dragon and Steel. Volt Switch is there just to run away from anything it is scared of. HP Fire works great with the ability Magnet Pull, as it can take care of pokemon like Scizor, which is always helpful. Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt is used to get STAB damage. I put an Air Balloon on it because Magnezone and Ground moves don't go together. Full investment in SAtk to pull of very powerful moves, combined with Magnezone's SAtk stat becomes monstrous. HP investment just to give Magnezone more bulk, and a Speed investment to outspeed some Skarmory.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Roar
Wish Support is very helpful on this team. When looking at its HP stat, it is easy to see how great Vaporeon's Wish can be. Protect is there so that if it isn't going to switch out, it might as well get a free turn healing itself with Protect. Scald is there so that Vaporeon isn't Taunt bait, and Roar makes Vaporeon act as my second pseudo-hazer. HP investment is so that Wish pulls out even better, and it gives Vaporeon more bulk. Full investment in Def to add on to the bulk. Leftovers are there just to heal Vaporeon more and more.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
Conkeldurr acts as an all out attacker for my team. Drain Punch gets STAB damage, and also heals it, which is useful. Ice Punch is for coverage, and Mach Punch can be used to kill off weak pokemon. Knock Off is useful for knocking off items of the opponents, which can be extremely decisive. Note that all these attacks get powered up by Sheer Force, which is a bonus. HP and SDef investment to create more bulk, as Conkeldurr's SDef stat isn't all that strong. Full investment in Atk to boost all the physical moves, and 20 Spd to outspeed Hippowdon. Fist Plate is there just to power up the STAB moves.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- U-Turn
- Recover
Celebi has great stats, which make it an extremely versatile pokemon. Leaf Storm is the main STAB move, that packs a lot of power along the Life Orb. Earth Power is used for coverage against pokemon that are resistant to Leaf Storm. U-Turn is used so Celebi can successfully run away from threats of it. Recover is used to heal up, as a tank like Celebi may need it. Full investment in SAtk so Leaf Storm fully gets pulled of brilliantly. HP is used for extra bulk, and 196 Spd can help with it outspeeding many pokemon. Live Orb packs a lot of power, and Recover works well with it so it can recover the lost HP.

I have taken a lot of time into making this, but do realize that it may have been wasted. Please give me helpful feedback, as it will be helpful in the future.

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Change the moveset for conkeldurr

Conkeldurr @ Assualt Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- knock off
- Mach Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)