Gen 5 BW Ubers Spikes Stack

:bw/groudon::bw/skarmory:
:bw/latios::bw/arceus-rock::bw/genesect:

I couldn't think of a good name so there isn't a cool title. I don't have any RMTs on BW Ubers so I thought of adding this one to my RMT list. I'm not a fan of BW Ubers because hazards are so annoying to deal with and the significance of the tier's ghost types, Giratina forms, and Arceus-Ghost, makes hazards even more annoying. Ferrothorn and Extreme Killer Arceus are two of the most annoying pokemon I ever dealt with so I built this team so I won't have to deal with them later on. Also Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Teambuilding Process

:groudon::skarmory:

Lava Plume Groudon is the starting point of the team. I thought of using it because Ferrothorn is super annoying and I noticed that Dragon Tail is a great phazing move and I want to get more out of it with Spikes. I have too many teams with Ferrothorn so I picked Skarmory to switch things up a bit and I didn't see Rocky Helmet in the Skarmory analysis so I had the idea of using it to annoy Ekiller.

:giratina-origin::latios:

Giratina is an exceptional spinblocker, a great phazer, and also an anti-lead for Deoxys-Speed. Latios is the first Pokemon that comes to my mind when talking about Spike abusers because of its powerful Draco Meteors combined with its high special attack stat with Soul Dew.

:arceus-rock:

I didn't have room for Stone Edge on Groudon so Ho-oh becomes a giant problem for the team so I picked Arceus Rock to avoid my team getting 6-0d by it plus it has Refresh so I always have a status absorber when I need one.

:genesect:

I don't think I need a lengthy explanation as to why Genesect is here. Great typing, awesome pivot, and really good at forcing switches.

The team

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

- Lava Plume
- Dragon Tail

Groudon is an important defensive of the team because of its ability to lay Stealth Rocks and deal with strong physical threats that Skarmory cannot handle. Lava Plume is really important for winning the hazard wars against the steel-type hazard setters, threatening other Groudons, and avoiding becoming completely helpless against Gliscor. Dragon Tail works well with Lava Plume because it forces the Lati twins and Giratina forms to hear more often. Max Special Defense helps against special attackers such as Giratina-Origin, Latias, support Arceus forms, and surprise Draco Meteors from Rayquaza and Palkia.

:bw/skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Skarmory is the team's physical wall that deals with the tier's physical attackers. Skarmory on this team has a big advantage in the hazard wars because both Groudon and Latios lures Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Forretress with their Fire moves and other Spikes setters are leads, which are easily dealt with by Giratina-Origin. I don't know the right EVs for Skarmory so I just used the set on Smogon and replaced Leftovers with Rocky Helmet.​

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 228 SpA / 28 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

Giratina-Origin faces competition with Arceus Ghost as a spinblocker, having superior speed and movepool but Giratina's numerous resistances and two immunities make it a superior choice for this team because of its many chances to get in the field. Shadow Sneak is a useful move, letting it revenge-kill Psychic types, other ghost types, and weakened foes. Draco Meteor is chosen over Magic Coat or Substitute to hit Groudon as hard as possible because Fire Punch Groudon could be a big threat to the team. Dragon Tail combined with its great bulk makes it a dangerous phazer with Spike's support and a big annoyance to most balanced teams. 28 Speed EVs lets it outspeed Max Adamant Tyranitar while speed creeping other Pokemon trying to do the same thing. Maximum Attack EVs lets it deal the most amount of damage with Dragon Tail and the rest of the EVs are placed in Special Attack to deal with Groudon.
:bw/latios:
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

The team's wallbreaker and Kyogre check, the powerful Latios. Latios is great at forcing switches and has very few switch-ins and combined with hazard support, it becomes an even bigger threat. Hidden Power Fire lets it lure Steel types and it's useful if Groudon's Lava Plume gets revealed then they might be careless to think that Groudon is the only Steel lure; the same thing can be said vice versa. Dragon Pulse is chosen over Recovery because having a -2 special attack is really annoying and lets Latios become setup fodder and also to avoid the 10% miss from Draco Meteor.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Ho-oh is terrifying for this team because Ho-oh doesn't mind any attacks the team throws at it besides Latios' Draco Meteor but it lives that move too at full HP and Ho-oh usually has Magic Bouncers as teammates, making it hard to set Stealth Rocks. This is where Arceus Rock comes in although it gets annoyed by Earthquake, it limits the number of times it clicks Sacred Fire or Brave Bird and beats it back with an x4 supper effective Judgement. Arceus-Rock can sometimes win Calm Mind wars against Arceus-Ghost and Calm Mind lets it take less damage from common special attackers. Refresh lets it brush off status and lets it sweep easier. Arceus-Rock greatly benefits both Latios and Groudon luring Ferrothorn.
:bw/genesect:
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Iron Head

Genesect is great at being the most annoying Pokemon ever by switching in and out dealing a lot of damage. The physical set is chosen here because I don't need another Ferrothorn lure and it also benefits from Steel types getting removed. Explosion deals a lot of damage against Kyogre, Ho-oh, and Arceus form plus the Download boost lets it hit even harder. Genesect helps the entire team with U-turn letting them get in the field safely. Spikes setters getting removed also benefits Genesects by getting more chances to get in the field.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)