[BW2] Retaliation - Offense

Emvee

Banned deucer.

----------------------------------------

Hey everyone. So in order to introduce myself to these forums, I want to post an RMT. But before I get into it, here's a little about me: I've been playing competitive ever since Gen 5 came out, and I was top 5 in OU with 1605 points. I have a love/hate relationship with this game: I love building teams and testing them out, but I hate the hax that comes with it and it frustrates me sometimes. Nevertheless, I enjoy making RMT's when I get a decent peak with a team I've built. Some of you may already know me or have heard of me before (I doubt it though cuz I've never really hung out at the Smogon server; it was always the main Beta server), but for those that haven't, I look forward to getting to know you all. Now that you've heard my boring story of myself, on to the more exciting part: the team. So I've posted this team pretty much everywhere you can imagine. It's a very solid Hyper Offense team that has been working well for me. This team's initial peak was just over 1400 points on Beta server (which was achieved in a very short time), but I was able to pull it up to a solid 1450. Feel free to try it out if you want, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Genesect is one of the first Pokemon that came to mind when making this team. I needed a fast Pokemon that can function as a scouter, with high offensive capabilities. With a very great and very diverse movepool, Genesect makes a great choice for this team. U-Turn of course is designed to falter your opponent's predictions, especially when they think you're going to use a different move. It gives the team some momentum which is also very good. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower give Genesect good move diversity, allowing you to hit Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Landorus, Scizor, Dragonite, Gyarados, Tentacruel, etc etc etc. With great speed and offensive capabilities, it's surely a powerhouse on your team.

Deoxys (Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

Deoxys-D's fast hazard set allows me to set up my own hazards while preventing opponent Pokemon from setting hazards with Taunt. Stealth Rock and Spikes are very essential on decent Hyper Offense teams because your heavy offense will probably cause your opponent to switch a lot, and hazards just make it easier for you to KO your opponent (while at the same time breaking Sash). Night Shade is so that you don't become completely useless against Pokemon that Taunt you or Sub and try and set up. It's got a bit of bulk which can be useful at times, but overall the point of this Pokemon is to get hazards up as quickly as you can. Rocky Helmet is good if you need to finish off a weakened physical attacker, or if you wanna throw in some extra damage on a switch into Close Combat or something like that. Very good Pokemon though; a must have for this team.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This set is probably the deadliest Terrakion set I've ever seen. After 1 Sub and 1 SD, you OHKO Jellicent, sometimes Gliscor, Celebi, Skarmory (after SR), etc all with Stone Edge boosted with Rock Gem. Makes for perfect kills against Terrakions top counters. It shatters walls quite easy, and usually if your opponent doesn't have a counter, its pretty much gg. If Deoxys-D is threatened by a Dark type move like Tyranitar's Crunch or something like that Terrakion makes a good Pokemon to switch into since it gets that +1 boost from Justified. Either way, this thing is probably my favorite Physical sweeper of them all, which is why it deserves a spot on this team.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Transform

Here's the cute little guy everyone's been seeing around lately. Scarf Ditto allows me to stop Pokemon trying to sweep me, and hopefully sweeping the opponent's team in return. It's very useful because it also copies abilities, so if you time it right, you can counter Pokemon like Heatran, Specs Jolteon, Scarf Thunderus-T, etc. Stats are also copied which is extremely useful, especially if you want to try and sweep an opponent after they set up Dragon Dances, Sword Dance, etc. Choice Scarf of course allows me to outspeed any Pokemon, and speedtie with other Scarfed Pokemon. Ditto was in fact the inspiration to build this team, which is why he is on this team in the first place.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Gengar is very good to this team because it has Ground immunities, acts as an anti-spinner so that my hazards can stay, and can outspeed most scarf Pokemon due to it having Choice Scarf. It's is rather tricky because opponent Weavile and Tornadus-T are like "wtf how did you outspeed me!" Haha but yeah this thing is another great revenge killer. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are both necessary to take care of Ghost and Steel Types. HP Ice allows you to revenge kill Scarf Salamence and other Ground/Flying Types. Psychic is for extra coverage which helps against Fighting and Poison Pokemon like Conkeldurr, Keldeo, Tentacruel, etc. (NOTE: SUB/SPLIT AND SUB/DISABLE GENGAR CAN ALSO WORK.)

Dragonite (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 8 HP / 64 Atk / 240 SAtk / 196 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

This is perhaps my favorite Dragonite set to use nowadays. MixNite acts as a wallbreaker, being able to hit physical walls like Skarmory, Gliscor, and Ferrothorn with Fire Blast and Draco Meteor respectively, and special walls like Heatran and Chansey/Blissey with Superpower. ExtremeSpeed of course is useful for finishing off already weakened Pokemon. The EV's allow you to outspeed and KO Pokemon like Standard Bulky Rotom-W, Celebi, Breloom, etc etc etc. Dragonite gets rid of the rest of the teams weaknesses, which is why I've chosen him for this team.

So that about wraps up this team. Like I said, it's a good team that has really worked out for me. Hope you guys enjoy it though, and any kind of comment about the team would be greatly appreciated and encouraged. Spoiler included down below for all you team testers. Thanks for taking the time to visit and hopefully read through this RMT. And yeah I'm new here so shoot me a visitor message if you guys want! :] It'd be great to get to know you all.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Deoxys (Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Transform

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Dragonite (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 8 HP / 64 Atk / 240 SAtk / 196 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

I think the team looks very solid, my own personal nitpick is 3 scarf users on one team. I personally keep to 2 choice users (at most).

This looks like it can do some major damage to a lot of the metagame. While not used often Weavile looks like it could do a lot of damage to parts of this team with the priority STAB Ice Shard and STAB Night Slash / Pursuit. Like I said chances of running into one is slim.

Just from reading I deff give this a 8.5/10 good work keep it up

Emvee

Banned deucer.
Genesect can counter Weavile pretty well as it resists Ice and Dark moves, while Gengar can act as a check since it outspeeds Weavile. Ditto could easily revenge kill Weavile assuming it carries Brick Break. Scarf Gengar can easily be replaced with Sub Gengar though, if you prefer 2 Scarfmons over 3. Thanks for the rate! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)