not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In a crazy turn of events, I realized I haven’t made a scrabblepost in awhile, so here we go

Broke a new personal record for score in a 3-player game today, with 383. I don’t play 3-player often (typically it’s when I’m against both of my parents and my mom has chickened out more often than not recently) but I got hella good draws and outscored both of them combined. It was a bloodbath and it felt great lmao

Tied a personal record for most bingoes in one game with 4, but it was the first time I ever did it in a 3-player game which was hype. My words were AIRIE(S)T, RENAILED, SUI(C)IDE, and RETOOLS. As you can tell I got lucky drawing both blanks but we absolutely take those haha.

I guess the reason why I haven’t posted more scrabble updates is because I ended up deleting the Scrabble Go app not long after I posted my last update. It was making my screen time go up waaaaaayyy too much and becoming a problem lol. But we good now

i dont watch tv so no but ive seen some clips and they are most amusing
It's such a great show, even more interesting when you play the game. The game is really oriented towards adults, like most kids would just quit 5-10 minutes in after dying to the Root Pack, but the show's focused on kids and this new focus puts the setting in a whole new light. It's also a perfect example of an all ages show, a toddler could watch his show with their 60 year old grandma and they would both enjoy it. It's not even like SpongeBob were they have jokes towards kids and some towards adults, it's the same jokes that reaches both audiences

And man is the cast wonderful, all the VAs did an amazing job and every character is entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pRzPCvwtoOg

It's a show with 30 episodes and every single one of em ranges to good to great. Seeing the guys you beat up in the games in full motion, talking and having a fully fleshed out personality is really wonderful

I am watching this almost 5 hour iCarly retrospective and I realized

1) I think I largely stopped watching the show after season 2, which is really wild. It felt like I followed this show for like, 5 years straight
2) I somehow turned very much into Spencer as I got older, which is really... something. Becoming a whacky, struggling artist and some of Spencer's statements are weirdly enough things I have said myself at several occassions in my life. Weird how that happened, I never intended that, it's like meeting your estranged father after decades and realizing that you turned into the man you haven't seen all your life

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I mortally despise the 2d platformer trope of characters who are basically just easy modes in disguise. Even my GOAT Tropical Freeze fell into this trap with the New Funky Mode. There's just something about this approach that feels like a patronizing bait-and-switch to me. Adding replay value for new and experienced players alike with a character with their own well-considered set of tradeoffs that change how you approach the level design? Nah, just make them broken lmao. What if I wanna use Funky Kong in DKC or Yoshi in Mario Wonder not because I wanna trivialize the game but because I think they're cool characters? Well, I guess I can go fuck myself then! Developer protip: If you wanna implement an easy mode, just implement an easy mode! Don't do this weird compromise that ultimately satisfies nobody.

I know the imperial system has its fair share of flaws, but if you look at something and go "that looks like it is about 0.6 meters", I can't trust you.

Ever hear the term "gauge" in relation to shotguns (I.E. 12-gauge shotgun)? What is a gauge exactly? Well, it turns out it's how many lead balls the diameter of the bore would weigh a pound. How that is or was ever a remotely useful standard of measurement is utterly beyond me. I swear, the dumbest people alive choose the standards of measurement.

Ever hear the term "gauge" in relation to shotguns (I.E. 12-gauge shotgun)? What is a gauge exactly? Well, it turns out it's how many lead balls the diameter of the bore would weigh a pound. How that is or was ever a remotely useful standard of measurement is utterly beyond me. I swear, the dumbest people alive choose the standards of measurement.
What? That's dumb

You know where carat comes from? It comes from Greek or Romans measuring gold and other valuables on scales in comparison to a specific fruit that had a very consistent weight. That fruit was called carat, which means goat horn, because the fruit looks like a horn. That's also really dumb, isn't it? Prolly made sense at the time but in modern days, it's neither intuitive nor logical

Wait no, I looked it up, it wasn't the fruit, it was the seed of the fruit. And it wasn't consistent, it varied as much as every other fruit seed

ooo decimals scary
oooh aaah
for a second I thought no one would make that joke. I gave you the perfect opportunity to insult America, and it took 5 hours for someone to take it. cmon, you can do better. us Americans rely on you to crush our egos, and yet when given the perfect opportunity, you pass it up. thank you, rain, for doing the bare minimum. you have truly exeeded expectations.

What? That's dumb

You know where carat comes from? It comes from Greek or Romans measuring gold and other valuables on scales in comparison to a specific fruit that had a very consistent weight. That fruit was called carat, which means goat horn, because the fruit looks like a horn. That's also really dumb, isn't it? Prolly made sense at the time but in modern days, it's neither intuitive nor logical

Wait no, I looked it up, it wasn't the fruit, it was the seed of the fruit. And it wasn't consistent, it varied as much as every other fruit seed
Americans only learn about our own history. of I think the 5 social studies electives in my high school, 3 of them are about the usa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)