Caesium Power (RU)

Was this posted somewhere else by mistake? It's called Caesium Power because Caesium is a metal that explodes when water touches it - as does this team, bar Amoonguss.

[pimg]65[/pimg]
[pimg]106[/pimg] [pimg]254[/pimg] [pimg]474[/pimg]

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Counter
- Taunt

My "lead". It either taunts or it counters, depending on whether the opposing Pokemon is either a defensive/SR lead or a strong physical attacker. Most RU leads are one of the above.

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

A dual powderer Amoonguss. That is, Spore and then Stun Spore. Clear Smog also helps.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Trait: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Foresight

Sayonara Hitmonchan, you just weren't good enough for the firelord. Hitmonlee on the other hand is invaluable.

Sceptile @ Flight Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

The first part of what I call the Holy Trinity of RU Attackers. Sceptile, once it gets going, can either OHKO the meta or outspeed it, depending on whether Swords Dance comes before Acrobatics or vice versa.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hypnosis
- Protect

Part Two of the Trinity. Yanmega is a staple on any RU team. It's Speed Boost, which helps it beat everything else. Bug and Flying are only double-resisted by a handful of Pokemon (looking down the offensive threat list, only Rhyperior fits that description).

Kagutsuchi (Entei) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

And, finally, the Pokemon that I use even on Uber teams, the Pokemon that attracted me to RU, the Pokemon that TOTALLY OUTCLASSES ARCANINE WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY ABOUT CLOSE COMBAT, yes, I mean Kagutsuchi. Sorry, I mean Entei. (But it deserves to be called Kagutsuchi).

A word about Entei. One of the complaints about it is that it has a rubbish movepool. It doesn't. For instance: look at the attack types it can perform competently (that means above 70 base power):
Fire, Grass, Ghost, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel. And Arcanine: Dark, Electric, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Normal, Steel. That's seven-all. Tie. And, Entei can boost all stats except Phys Defense, whereas Arcanine can only boost Attack and Speed. And don't mention abilities. Entei has better stats. Entei wins.

PS. In a battle, Entei would always beat Arcanine because of speed + Stone Edge.

THREAT COUNTERING
Yanmega- Let it KO one of my Pokemon (maybe Ala if it has one HP) and then send in my own Yanmega.
Honchkrow- Most are leads, so Counter with Ala.
Sharpedo- Ditto, but also Amoonguss.
Venomoth- Alakazam or Entei.
Porygon-Z- Hitmonchan.
Entei- My own Entei.
Rhyperior- Amoonguss.
Gallade- Yanmega.
Alakazam- Yanmega.
Durant- Alakazam or Yanmega.
Moltres- Entei.
Electivire- Amoonguss.
Galvantula- Alakazam or Entei.
Sceptile- Entei or Yanmega.
Krookodile- Amoonguss.
Manectric- Sceptile.
Lilligant- Yanmega or Alakazam.
Gorebyss- Alakazam.
Primeape- Yanmega.
Typhlosion- Entei or Hitmonchan.
Omastar- Amoonguss.
Rotom-C- Entei or Sceptile.
Scyther- Alakazam or Sceptile.
Medicham- Sceptile or Yanmega.
Sneasel- Not yet seen.
Hariyama- Yanmega or Alakazam.
Snover (Hail)- Too rare to notice. Snover itself -> Alakazam.
Qwilfish- Alakazam or Amoonguss.
Feraligatr- Amoonguss.
Tauros- Amoonguss.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey good team. I don't really have any "must need" changes for your team, but I'd like to suggest maybe trying offensive Rapid Spin Hitmonlee over Hitmonchan. Your team is pretty reliant on offensive pressure bar Amoongus(which just happens to be your defensive pivot for the team) and I think Hitmonchan is kinda slowing your offensive momentum down. Hitmonlee does he Rapid Spinning job you had for Hitmonchan, while in itself being capable of doing massive damage and keeping up valuable momentum for the team. Here is the set:

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Nature @ Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Hi Jump Kick
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight
-Stone Edge

Hope it helps!

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I personally prefer Hitmonchan although that 130 base power move really does lure me to the other Hitmon.
Yeah, like I mentioned above, it wasnt a needed change, just a preference. Thought I'd bring it to your attention for you to try in case you hadn't tried it yet!

First of all, good team.
Lets start with Alakazam. I really think that counter is meh, because Alakazam has no HP, his Focus Sash get broken by Spikes/SR, and if you success to do counter, you will be able to do it one time only. Charge Beam could be a great move to replace Counter.

Your Amoonguss is great, and yes you should change for Sludge Bomb/Synthesis.

Hitmonchan is not a great Rapid Spinner in my opinion. Claydol would do a better job.

For your Yanmega, Hypnosis is really really really the crappiest move of all the metagame. Try out Giga Drain to kill Rhyperior, this would also let you regain your HP taken off by Life Orb or SR.

Finally, for Kagutsushi, try him out with a choice Band as a Late Game sweeper/Revenge Killer. It works really well.

Thats it, I hope I didn't bored you and good luck!

1. Thanks, I haven't been actually complemented on teams before.

2. I heart Amoonguss. Thanks for the Synthesis advice.

3. I chose Chan at random. I tried Claydol before but didn't like it.

4. Alakazam is always sent out first and therefore does not take damage from SR. In about half to three quarters of battles Counter works. Bear in mind it's Sash.

5. Good idea about Giga Drain.

6. It's Kagutsuchi not Kagusushi (although in my mind Entei likes sushi ^_^), Kagu IS a late game sweeper, and I don't like the restrictions of choice items.

1. Back from playtesting.

2. Sludge Bomb proved to be a mistake, Synthesis proved to be a correct move.

3. Hitmonlee worked.

4. Counter still KOs 75 percent of leads.

5. Giga Drain worked.

6. Kagutsuchi was changed to WoW instead of Toxic.

oi! thats my yamnega set! right down to the evs and item! im notnto worried about it though. anyway, youre entire team is very weak to things like archeops, which 0hko's yamnega, sceptile, hitmonchan/lee, amoonguss, and possibly entei. u-turn could be used against alakazam to switch into a ghost type like shedninja. rock slide for entei and yamnega. eq for entei. acrobatics for amoonguss, hitmonkee/chan, yambega again, and sceptile, given that your sceptile is boosting the turn you attack. thats my verdict, but seriously, if i had a murkrow with prankster, youd be dead.

I dasagree with the above statement. Acrobatics Archeops is outsped by Alakazam (by the way, change it to a Timid nature, the speed really helps you out) and Sceptile, and Scarfed sets don't usually carry Acrobatics IIRC, so you're good. Also, why run Hardy on Yanmega? Run Modest or Timid, Hardy does absolutely nothing for you.
Primeape- Yanmega.
Umm... not true. 90% of Primeape's are Scarfed, and like hell Yanmega can switch into a Stone Edge/ Ice Punch. You Protect once, think you outspeed the Primeape, but then it still outspeeds you and smacks you with a Stone Edge/ Ice Punch.

oi! thats my yamnega set! right down to the evs and item!
It's the standard set, noob.

Back to your team:
Typhlosion- Entei or Hitmonchan.
Wrong. A lot Typhlosions are Scarfed and absolutely rape your team with Eruption. Entei can't outspeed a scarfed Typhlosion, and if it uses HP Rock/Ground your Entei is screwed. Entei can't KO it with ESpeed, either. All they have to do is switch out on your Stone edge then switch back in and prepare to destroy the team. How does Hitmonchan counter it? It's destroyed by Eruption before it gets a chance to do anything. To patch up this hole, I recommend Blastoise over hitmonchan. Blastoise would give your team extra defense that it needs, provide Rapid Spin support, counter common threats such as Typhlosion, Rhyperior, Moltres, and Entei.

Chan has changed to Lee. Note: I DO NOT SEEM TO HANDLE WATER TYPES COMPETENTLY. I don't know why, but I can't seem to use water types at all. Probably because I was brought up in an obscure clan that trains fire types. So no Blastoise or anything.

Well thats not so bad, becuase Blastoise and Gastrodon left XD

I would seriously consider retiring CounterZam and use the far superior MG Zam (it doesn't get Counter). Any offensive set would work for it, and you can switch the item over to Life Orb if you want, although I find Focus Sash to be more useful in many situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)