move 2: High Horsepower
move 3: Heavy Slam / Trick Room
move 4: Protect / Trick Room
item: Weakness Policy / Life Orb / Lum Berry
ability: As One
nature: Brave / Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Incredible bulk, one of the highest Attack stats in the metagame, a highly diverse movepool, and success both under and outside of Dynamax make Calyrex-I one of the premier Restricted Pokemon and Trick Room sweepers in the Series 11 metagame. Glacial Lance is arguably the best spread move in the game, and its synergy with As One allows Calyrex-I to quickly snowball under Trick Room, with very few Pokemon able to withstand a boosted attack. High Horsepower hits Fire- and Steel-types, which resist Glacial Lance, for super effective damage. Calyrex-I's third and fourth moveslots are more flexible. Heavy Slam is mainly useful under Dyanamx to hit opposing Calyrex-I, and it can pair with Max Quake to provide whichever defensive boosts are needed. Protect allows Calyrex-I to avoid damage, as opponents often focus on it to take it out quickly before it tears through teams, while Trick Room instead ensures that Calyrex-I isn't fully dependent on a partner to have a speed advantage. Many Calyrex-I opt for Weakness Policy as the item, which can work both with an activator partner or just taking foes' attacks, the latter being helped by Calyrex-I's immense bulk and several weaknesses. Other common options include Life Orb, which trades the massive damage potential of Weakness Policy for a more consistent offensive boost, and Lum Berry, which allows Calyrex-I to avoid burns and other statuses that are used to try and neutralize it. Other common set option include an Assault Vest set, which will typically run Close Combat alongside Heavy Slam in the final two moveslots, and faster sets on teams that use speed control methods other than Trick Room.

Calyrex-I relies on several common partners to maximize its potential. It is most often run alongside a Trick Room setter: Dusclops and Mimikyu are common options that can support Calyrex-I with various moves, such as Haze on Dusclops to neutralize Intimidate drops and Safeguard on Mimikyu to deter status effects, as well as activating Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak. Porygon2 has a less exhaustive support movepool but is much stronger against Calyrex-S teams due to not sharing a Ghost weakness with Calyrex-I like the Ghost-type setters do. Other common supportive partners for Calyrex-I include Tapu Fini, which protects Calyrex-I from status effects, redirectors such as Amoonguss, which can draw attention away from Calyrex-I while it sets up Trick Room or deals damage, and Fire-types like Incinceroar or Torkoal, which can pressure problematic Steel type Pokemon like Zacian-C, Solgaleo, and Necrozma-DM. Some teams will also opt for a secondary Dynamax or Gigantamax option that both covers some of Calyrex-I's weaknesses and gives the team an alternative "fast mode" that doesn't rely on Trick Room, like Venusaur (usually paired with Torkoal) or offensive Thundurus.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Namuko Pro, 426995]]
- Quality checked by: [[Helios of Sun, 547596]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:
Awesome work! Not much I need to change here.

ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET]
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Glacial Lance
evs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense

[SET COMMENTS]

Incredible bulk, one of the highest Attack stats in the metagame, and the ability to function both within and outside of Dynamax make Calyrex-I one of the premiere Restricted Pokemon and Trick Room sweepers in the Series 11 metagame (I think a bit of comment on Calyrex-Ice's rather diverse movepool coverage could be nice here). Glacial Lance is arguably the best spread move in the game, and its synergy with As One allows Calyrex-I to quickly snowball under Trick Room with very few Pokemon able to withstand a boosted attack. High Horsepower attacks as a compliments to Glacial Lance well, allowing Calyrex-I to hit Fire and Steel types which would otherwise resist Glacial Lance for super effective damage. Calyrex-I's third and fourth moveslots are a bit more flexible, with most players opting to use some combination of Heavy Slam, Protect, and Trick Room. Heavy Slam is mainly useful in the mirror match when Calyrex-I is Dynamaxed and can combo with Max Quake to provide whichever defensive boosts are needed. However, Protect allows Calyrex-I to avoid damage as it often becomes the focus of opponents who try and take it out quickly before it tears through teams, while Trick Room ensures that Calyrex-I isn't fully dependent on a partner to provide it with a speed advantage. Many Calyrex-I opt for Weakness Policy as an its item choice, which can work both with a partner activating it with a weak super effective attack, as well as by using Calyrex-I's immense bulk and several weaknesses to take advantage of opponents using super effective attacks to try and KO it. Other common options include Life Orb, which trades the massive damage potential of Weakness Policy for a more consistent offensive boost, and Lum Berry, which allows Calyrex-I to avoid Burns and other statuses that are used to try and neutralize it.

Other common options for Calyrex-I include an Assault Vest set and faster sets that try and uses speed control methods other than Trick Room. Assault Vest Calyrex-I will typically run the three previously mentioned attacking moves alongside Close Combat as the fourth option, but Zen Headbutt is also theoretically an another option to target that targets some Pokemon that can be tough for Calyrex-I to break through like Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Wash. Faster Calyrex-I may run some Speed EVs, or even max Speed with a Jolly nature, and are usually combined with Tailwind or Max Airstream support to unleash devastating attacks before opposing Pokemon get the chance to move. However, both these sets tend not to utilize the best aspect of Calyrex-I, which is its ability to unleash devastating damage under Trick Room, and thus are mostly less common options used for teams with specific builds in mind.

Calyrex-I relies on several common partners to maximize its potential. It is most often run alongside a Trick Room setter, which can act as a support to help Calyrex-I sweep opposing teams. Dusclops and Mimikyu are used as common options which can support Calyrex-I with various moves and activate Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak if Calyrex-I chooses to run it (maybe you could put emphasis on Dusclops Haze too? I think it's nice with a Life Orb set), while Porygon2 has a least exhaustive support movepool but is much stronger against Calyrex-S teams due to not sharing Ghost and Dark weaknesses with Calyrex-I like that the Ghost type setters do. Other common partners for Calyrex-Ic include supportive options like Tapu Fini, which allows non-Lum Berry Calyrex-I to avoid status moves which prevents Calyrex-I from getting statused (I don't think there's a need to emphasize on it not having a Lum Berry), Rredirectors like such as Amoonguss which can draw attention away from Calyrex-I while it sets up Trick Room or deals damage, and Fire types like Incinceroar or Torkoal which can put additional pressure on problematic Pokemon like Zacian (I'd say you can mention Necrozma Dusk-Mane and Solgaleo). Some teams will also opt for a secondary Dynamax option, like Venusaur-Gmax (usually paired with Torkoal) or offensive Thundurus, which both synergizes synergize well with some of Calyrex-I's weaknesses and gives the team an alternative "Fast Mode" which doesn't rely upon setting up Trick Room.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so, the QC itself is good, Namuko try to shorten the second paragraph and merge it with the first one, we usually avoid mentioning options that have less than about 20% usage.
Should be QC 1/1, i'll stamp after you implement

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

[SET]
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Glacial Lance
evs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense 252 Atk / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Incredible bulk, one of the highest Attack stats in the metagame, access to a highly diverse movepool, and the ability to function both within success both under and outside of Dynamax make Calyrex-I one of the premier Restricted Pokemon and Trick Room sweepers in the Series 11 metagame. Glacial Lance is arguably the best spread move in the game, and its synergy with As One allows Calyrex-I to quickly snowball under Trick Room, (AC) with very few Pokemon able to withstand a boosted attack. High Horsepower compliments Glacial Lance, allowing Calyrex-I to hit Fire and Steel types which would otherwise resist Glacial Lance hits Fire- and Steel-types, which resist Glacial Lance, for super effective damage. Calyrex-I's third and fourth moveslots are more flexible, with most players opting to use some combination of Heavy Slam, Protect, and Trick Room. Heavy Slam is mainly useful in the mirror match when Calyrex-I is Dynamaxed and can combo under Dynamax to hit opposing Calyrex-I, and it can pair (assuming this is still right?) with Max Quake to provide whichever defensive boosts are needed. However, Protect allows Calyrex-I to avoid damage, (AC) as it often becomes the focus of opponents who try and take it out quickly opponents often focus on it to take it out before it tears through teams, while Trick Room instead ensures that Calyrex-I isn't fully dependent on a partner to provide it with have a speed advantage. Many Calyrex-I opt for Weakness Policy as an item choice, which can work both with a partner activating it with a weak super effective attack, as well as by using Calyrex-I's immense bulk and several weaknesses to take advantage of opponents using super effective attacks to try and KO it. the item, which can work both with an activator partner or just taking foes' attacks, the latter being helped by Calyrex-I's immense bulk and several weaknesses. Other common options include Life Orb, which trades the massive damage potential of Weakness Policy for a more consistent offensive boost, and Lum Berry, which allows Calyrex-I to avoid burns and other statuses that are used to try and neutralize it. Other common options for Calyrex-I set options include an Assault Vest set, which will typically run Close Combat alongside the three previously mentioned attacking moves, Heavy Slam in the final two moveslots, and faster sets on teams that use speed control methods other than Trick Room.

Calyrex-I relies on several common partners to maximize its potential. It is most often run alongside a Trick Room setter, which can act as a support to help Calyrex-I sweep opposing teams. setter: Dusclops and Mimikyu are used as common options which common options that can support Calyrex-I with various moves and activate Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak if Calyrex-I chooses to run it, such as Haze on Dusclops to neutralize negate Intimidate drops and Safeguard on Mimikyu to deter status effects, while as well as activating Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak. Porygon2 has a less exhaustive support movepool but is much stronger against Calyrex-S teams due to not sharing Ghost and Dark weaknesses a Ghost weakness (talked on disc) with Calyrex-I that the Ghost type like the Ghost-type setters do. Other common supportive partners for Calyrex-I include supportive options like Tapu Fini, which protects Calyrex-I it from status effects, redirectors such as Amoonguss, (AC) which can draw attention away from Calyrex-I while it sets up Trick Room or deals damage, and Fire types like Incinceroar or Torkoal which can put additional pressure on problematic Steel type Fire-types like Incineroar and Torkoal, which can pressure problematic Steel-type Pokemon like Zacian, (idr legality here but, if you meant Zacian-C, make sure to include -C) Solgaleo, (AC) and Necrozma-DM. Some teams will also opt for a secondary Dynamax or Gigantamax option that both synergizes well with covers some of Calyrex-I's weaknesses and gives the team an alternative "Fast Mode" which doesn't rely upon setting up "fast mode" that doesn't rely on Trick Room, like Venusaur-Gmax (usually paired with Torkoal) or offensive Thundurus.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

fire.gif
1/1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)