Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Astral Barrage
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Tera Blast
This set uses the surprisingly viable bulk of calyrex-shadow. While it may look unoptimized, the spread lets calyrex outspeed zacian-c, very important when already tera'd into the fairy type. Tera fairy is a way to resist to Sucker Punch from kingambit and damage neutral kingambit While Also giving a nice defensive Tera type under substitute. It Also gives a U-turn resist that is important to sometimes keep the sub up. Tera fighting is Also an option, But is more previsible and makes You weak to Other calyrex's assaults.

latest.gif

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
this is a physdef groudon and While being quite passive, It surely Can keep in check most physical attackers If not 100%. Wow beats every non-fire attacker, and double hazards lets the team abuse of its huge bulk. Sure, You Can put Earthquake/Precipice Blades instead of one of the hazards. Roar is to stop baton pass chains If needed and chips hp from the oppo While It Can Also be replaced by an offensive move. Its Tera is fire because It covers p Well the Ground type's weaknesses except water But is already aweakened by sun. It is especially important in the dual against an opposing caly-s because energy balls HITS like some real missile when used by the horse god. because It is real fun, here are some calcs.
252 Atk Punching Glove Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon in Sun on a critical hit: 114-144 (28.2 - 35.6%) -- approx. 97.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery lul
252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon in Sun: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

downloadfile.gif

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Dark
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
This Blissey set is a set really to prevent the more possible from caly-s sweep via Tera dark and twave, and eventually shadow ball not to be too passive. Note that Tera dark is important for eventual psyshock. Sort boiled to Give real recovery and heal bell to make the team feel Good again. hdb here is to come repetitively on caly-s w/o fearing hazards, and because hazards are very Good coupled to caly-s (and that's Also a point in the team lol). twave Also gives some kind of speed control and lets bliss be Good Even against Tera versions of calyrex-shadow, and mostly scarf caly-s, a big counter to the team. Fortunately, it cannot kill both physdef groudon and blisey with the same move, so you Still Have a counterplay.

downloadfile-1.gif

Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Extreme Speed
regieleki here gives both hazard and speed control. No Tera iceblast here, It's not rlly Good in nother thing than OU. Here It's a hazard control pivot, It removes hazard, kills one Or tWO opponents in its way, quits with voltswitch and Can change mindgames with kingambit via extreme speed. nothing really special to sAY here.

180px-Miraidon_EP.gif

Miraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hadron Engine
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
Just in case You fear smthing to outspeed You, here is a supa dupa fast scarf to assure You speeeed. U-turn is preffered to volt Switch as in any case You Switch out you're not here to OHKO blissey. Plus, It does Switch out when a Ground type is sent on you. Then dual stab, Then overheat to punish bulky steel types and/or win the duel aganst zacian-c.

downloadfile-2.gif

Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
Just in case, another speed control. Nah, this one is more to keep in check defensive pokemon as it Can trap them in their move. Scarf Also gives opportunity to win the duel against caly-s If hazards are up and it isn't scarfed. Psystrike-fb is Still an incredible breaking power through unprepared teams, and there are a lot in ag. I mean, mewtwo is less than rare in the tier.

Teambuilding Process

:calyrex-shadow:
I started with caly-s as it is at the top of the top of the list when you start building, and is a Good choice overall. From playing in natdex ag a lot in both SS and SV pre-unladd I already knew the most commom sets. But when We look at the stats We Can notice that it has a very notable bulk with 100 hp. Even tho its spatk and speed are dominating, All its stats are p Good w/o being too much in the case pf attack. I wanted a sub-cm set Cause I Never tried one before, and because anw it seemed Good on paper. It is good in practise fyi.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:
I gave Caly a defensive ally in physdef Groudon. Groudon Can chip the oppo's health with hazard+Roar, While preventing from setuo sweepers. Groudon overall has a huge physicall bulk and Can take the hits from zacian, urshifu, zamazenta occasionally. wow gives an opportunity for caly to go hide behind sub and hazards aweaken the opposing pokemon, making the sweep Even easier.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:
I added blissey because I realized that opposing caly-s might be a problem as mine isn't a max speed. The most potent counter to caly Even through Tera Or at least The first wo stroke my mind was It (prob because a bug somewhy deleted my shiny chansey in-game). twave is very useful to harm It Even through Tera.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:-:regieleki:
I Then added regieleki as it was a fast pivot and a hazard remover. Not too bad matchup against ghold as it 2HKO It. It Also gave The team a prio, very useful in some cases. 200 Speed was Also in its own an argument as it outspeeds everything, and Also kyogre scarf as bonus.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:-:regieleki:-:miraidon:
I Then added miraidon so regieleki had some support (immunity to sleep, buff on its already buffed stab Give bro tWO Life orbs and that's The breaking power you get. Anyways I realized my team was weak Once caly-s was down. So I added another big breaker. Miraidon can pivot While abusing its field, preventing The team from falling asleep, another thing that Can be Good against some teams that abuse The lack of sleep clause. As my team would struggle against zacian, I chose As Last slot overheat. another tera fairy would Give dragon immu in the matchup against opposing scarf koraidon/mirai, and would lure zacian anw. Tera fire is a decent choice tho, abusing groudon's sun.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:-:regieleki:-:miraidon:-:mewtwo:
I Then added mewtwo to the equation, as I may Have struggled with spécial defensive mons. I chose scarf mewtwo to gET past cm blissey via trick scarf and push it to Tera dark So calyrex-shadow would Have a better time dealing with it. I couldve put here a Ground resist as I Have two weaknesses But I dont struggle to kill Ground types and that's overall important.

I did Have made an RMT less than two weeks ago but as it got unusable due to november tier shift, and it didn't got any answer So I made this one. please Don't delete the thread, let me know If i should Not Have made it, but it took five hours of my Life to do it, Have mercy on me. Thanks!

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
:Calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:-:regieleki:-:miraidon:-:mewtwo:

View attachment 568281

Calyrex-Shadow @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Tera Blast
This set uses the surprisingly viable bulk of calyrex-shadow. While it may look unoptimized, the spread lets calyrex outspeed zacian-c, very important when already tera'd into the fairy type. Tera fairy is a way to resist to Sucker Punch from kingambit and damage neutral kingambit While Also giving a nice defensive Tera type under substitute. It Also gives a U-turn resist that is important to sometimes keep the sub up. Tera fighting is Also an option, But is more previsible and makes You weak to Other calyrex's assaults.

View attachment 568282
Groudon @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fire
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
this is a physdef groudon and While being quite passive, It surely Can keep in check most physical attackers If not 100%. Wow beats every non-fire attacker, and double hazards lets the team abuse of its huge bulk. Sure, You Can put Earthquake/Precipice Blades instead of one of the hazards. Roar is to stop baton pass chains If needed and chips hp from the oppo While It Can Also be replaced by an offensive move. Its Tera is fire because It covers p Well the Ground type's weaknesses except water But is already aweakened by sun. It is especially important in the dual against an opposing caly-s because energy balls HITS like some real missile when used by the horse god. because It is real fun, here are some calcs.
252 Atk Punching Glove Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon in Sun on a critical hit: 114-144 (28.2 - 35.6%) -- approx. 97.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery lul
252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon in Sun: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

View attachment 568342
Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Dark
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
This Blissey set is a set really to prevent the more possible from caly-s sweep via Tera dark and twave, and eventually shadow ball not to be too passive. Note that Tera dark is important for eventual psyshock. Sort boiled to Give real recovery and heal bell to make the team feel Good again. hdb here is to come repetitively on caly-s w/o fearing hazards, and because hazards are very Good coupled to caly-s (and that's Also a point in the team lol). twave Also gives some kind of speed control and lets bliss be Good Even against Tera versions of calyrex-shadow, and mostly scarf caly-s, a big counter to the team. Fortunately, it cannot kill both physdef groudon and blisey with the same move, so you Still Have a counterplay.

View attachment 568354
Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Extreme Speed
regieleki here gives both hazard and speed control. No Tera iceblast here, It's not rlly Good in nother thing than OU. Here It's a hazard control pivot, It removes hazard, kills one Or tWO opponents in its way, quits with voltswitch and Can change mindgames with kingambit via extreme speed. nothing really special to sAY here.

View attachment 568343
Miraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hadron Engine
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
Just in case You fear smthing to outspeed You, here is a supa dupa fast scarf to assure You speeeed. U-turn is preffered to volt Switch as in any case You Switch out you're not here to OHKO blissey. Plus, It does Switch out when a Ground type is sent on you. Then dual stab, Then overheat to punish bulky steel types and/or win the duel aganst zacian-c.

View attachment 568349
Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
Just in case, another speed control. Nah, this one is more to keep in check defensive pokemon as it Can trap them in their move. Scarf Also gives opportunity to win the duel against caly-s If hazards are up and it isn't scarfed. Psystrike-fb is Still an incredible breaking power through unprepared teams, and there are a lot in ag. I mean, mewtwo is less than rare in the tier.

Teambuilding Process

:calyrex-shadow:
I started with caly-s as it is at the top of the top of the list when you start building, and is a Good choice overall. From playing in natdex ag a lot in both SS and SV pre-unladd I already knew the most commom sets. But when We look at the stats We Can notice that it has a very notable bulk with 100 hp. Even tho its spatk and speed are dominating, All its stats are p Good w/o being too much in the case pf attack. I wanted a sub-cm set Cause I Never tried one before, and because anw it seemed Good on paper. It is good in practise fyi.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:
I gave Caly a defensive ally in physdef Groudon. Groudon Can chip the oppo's health with hazard+Roar, While preventing from setuo sweepers. Groudon overall has a huge physicall bulk and Can take the hits from zacian, urshifu, zamazenta occasionally. wow gives an opportunity for caly to go hide behind sub and hazards aweaken the opposing pokemon, making the sweep Even easier.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:
I added blissey because I realized that opposing caly-s might be a problem as mine isn't a max speed. The most potent counter to caly Even through Tera Or at least The first wo stroke my mind was It (prob because a bug somewhy deleted my shiny chansey in-game). twave is very useful to harm It Even through Tera.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:-:regieleki:
I Then added regieleki as it was a fast pivot and a hazard remover. Not too bad matchup against ghold as it 2HKO It. It Also gave The team a prio, very useful in some cases. 200 Speed was Also in its own an argument as it outspeeds everything, and Also kyogre scarf as bonus.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:-:regieleki:-:miraidon:
I Then added miraidon so regieleki had some support (immunity to sleep, buff on its already buffed stab Give bro tWO Life orbs and that's The breaking power you get. Anyways I realized my team was weak Once caly-s was down. So I added another big breaker. Miraidon can pivot While abusing its field, preventing The team from falling asleep, another thing that Can be Good against some teams that abuse The lack of sleep clause. As my team would struggle against zacian, I chose As Last slot overheat. another tera fairy would Give dragon immu in the matchup against opposing scarf koraidon/mirai, and would lure zacian anw. Tera fire is a decent choice tho, abusing groudon's sun.

:calyrex-shadow:-:groudon:-:blissey:-:regieleki:-:miraidon:-:mewtwo:
I Then added mewtwo to the equation, as I may Have struggled with spécial defensive mons. I chose scarf mewtwo to gET past cm blissey via trick scarf and push it to Tera dark So calyrex-shadow would Have a better time dealing with it. I couldve put here a Ground resist as I Have two weaknesses But I dont struggle to kill Ground types and that's overall important.

I did Have made an RMT less than two weeks ago but as it got unusable due to november tier shift, and it didn't got any answer So I made this one. please Don't delete the thread, let me know If i should Not Have made it, but it took five hours of my Life to do it, Have mercy on me. Thanks!
Hi! First off, glad you found a team that works. I really suggest using Pokemon over some of these however, as Regieleki, Blissey on teams like this, and Mewtwo to a lesser extent, are not viable. A couple changes I would make to the offensive sets first:

:calyrex-shadow: ->
Calyrex-Shadow @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Tera Type: Fight
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Tera Blast

For the most part, this accomplishes what you wanted to do, but better. Encore takes advantage of Sucker Punch Kingambit like you mentioned, while being better into various other things + Ekiller. Tera Blast Fighting is just wholly superior thanks to the damage on Ekiller + Ting-Lu, and Nasty Plot is more appreciated because of Calyrex's immediate offensive power. I also went max speed, because there is no reason not to at least give your Calyrex a fighting chance vs other Calyrex-S, but this is optional.

:groudon: ->
Groudon @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Water
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Spikes
- Roar / Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

No attack on defensive groudon is just flat out bad. I suggest this set for now, lets you punish Zacian-C and Koraidon better while still having Spikes.

Finally, I'd swap out :mewtwo: :regieleki: and :blissey: for pokemon such as a defensive arceus (arceus-fairy fits nicely here by giving you a more offensive dragon immunity), Giratina-Origin (as your form of removal), and Ekiller (as an offensive caly check + secondary form of speed control).

Here is the finished team:
https://pokepast.es/ac018ebc3262b6ad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)