Can you endure the HEAT
An L
C RMT by 067jox

xxx.gif
ffff.gif
far.gif
drif.gif
xx.gif

Hello, my name is Jordi (067jox) and I made a new RMT. I think I played around 100+ battles today (multiple at the same time) to test this team out and it’s pretty lit. Sadly enough, I don’t a lot of time but sharing ideas with you guys is something I really missed. So everyone, grab a beer and lets go over the team.

Teambuilding Process

1577474651049.png

There is currently a suspect going on about Drifloon so I thought, how can we make Drifloon even more busted? I don't want to be the standard person that uses Calm Mind or Will O Wisp, that’s why I thought a little bit outside the box. There are a ton and I mean a shit load of Drifloon sets left to explore like Red Card + hazard spam but today we are going to build around Weakness Policy.

How does it work?? Well if Drifloon is het by a super effective attack he will use his item and get +2 Atk and +2 spa but combined with his ability unburden he will also get a +2 to speed. So basically you will have a free shell smash after you Endure a supper effective hit.

Why is this good?? Drifloon does not give a shit about any priority in lc except these 3: Sucker Punch, Aqua Jet and Scrappy Quick Attack. Because of this you will have a Drifloon on the field with 34 speed that can easily sweep an unprepared team. and there is no scarfer in lc that can even hit 34 speed.

Shell Smash Drifloon, pretty good... but why use this when alot of pokemons can run knock off, other than that its very predictable right? Nope, Weakness Policy does not care about Knock Off and still go off.

I can type a ton of stuff about this set but we are going to continue with the team. The downside of this set is that it can become situational and it doesn’t really do anything for the team other than being a fail save and a desperate Mareanie switch in. So you might wonder, what do we need??

1577475266239.png
1577475255690.png
1577475260802.png

We need a core. Rocks are going to be important for a ton of rolls and Vullaby will provide us the bulk we need. Honestly a team without Vullaby isn’t a LC team. Vullaby will be an offensive pivot and Onix will be the dedicated rocker that can also provide a ton of offensive pressure.

You see that I have a bit of flying spam in here and not going to lie, Vullaby is amazing on this team. it will knock Ferroseed, Spritzee, Onix and Pawniard for Drifloon and it also works as a fail-safe with endure.

Onix on the other hand will act as a rocker until it sets up a Dragon Dance. Dragon Dance did allow Onix to have multiple functions even if rocks are up.

1577475586306.png
1577475588917.png
1577475591963.png
1577475598983.png
1577475605195.png

This team was very weak to sun so I decided to put a Mareanie on here. but um, who invented eject pack Vulpix, that man is a real legend. Sadly, enough, we can counter this. try to lure out Vulpix with your Vullaby and endure the overheat. after the eject pack is gone it will become a lot more passive if you still have Mareanie around. What else does Mareanie do? nothing else than be bulky and defeat Corpish as Corpish is a real problem to this team.

Fighting types are always so good in lc and they provide Knock Off as well. I needed a Dragon Dance Onix switch and Farfetch does it amazingly. other than that it is my defogger when I need it.

1577475799186.png
1577475804020.png
1577475806942.png
1577475810018.png
1577475813007.png
1577475819577.png

There are so many mons I could use at this spot like, why Dwebble??? Dwebble is insanely busted this gen but the Corpish matchup is still a bit meh. I still decided to go for it as my final fail save. This Dwebble set works like an Abra, it has heavy boots and sturdy. basically you will get a Shell Smash off no matter what and it is really nice to have in the back of your team. just know that you will be pivoting between Vullaby/Onix/Mareanie/Farfetch a ton.

The Team
1577475947539.png

Tempest (Drifloon) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 160
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Acrobatics

- Endure

Mixed Drifloon is the way to go with this set for sure. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt hits everything while Acrobatics can one shot Timburr, Farfetch and Munchlax. you might ask, what can you Endure? basically all Knock Offs, Onix, Timburr, unboosted Drifloons, Frillish and even a Shell Smashed Shellder. the possibilities are endless

1577476094780.png

Nightwing (Vullaby) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn

- Endure

Offensive Vullaby set with U-turn to pivot and make predictions easier. Other than that you will have endure as a fail-safe.​

1577476174928.png

Onixpected (Onix) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Stealth Rock

Multi-function Onix. I go for Head Smash > Rock Blast because it can be a sweeper as well. I'm not going to lie but I kind of miss Rock Blast after facing a ton of Drifloons or lead Cutyflys so you might reconsider this option and go endure> Dragon Dance, Rock Blast > Head Smash and Weak Armour > Rockhead

1577476303634.png

Pantheon (Farfetch'd-Galar) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 236 Atk / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

- Defog

Bulky spread to tank hits form Onix better. you can make it 15speed to make the Sword Dance Corpish matchup a bit more doable. Defog is great on here..​

1577476471765.png

Indestructible (Mareanie) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 180 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

- Recover

I kind of considered Mudshot > Toxic Spikes but I don't know. you will struggle against Mareanie and having a move to hit it is really nice. another decent option is lowering speed with Icywind or go with payback to hit defensive Ponyta on switch in.

1577476483319.png

Adamantium (Dwebble) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

- Shell Smash

MAN I love this set way too much. It's so awesome that it ignores ALL hazards. no one sees it coming and it will be the greatest feeling ever when rocks are up and the opponent thinks he won. You might swap some moves but I recommend using this set​

Threats

Corpish
: Big problem and need to be respected against this team. it stops all your fail saves and it will destroy the team once Mareanie dies.

Defensive Ponyta: It can be really annoying as it comes in on Mareanie every time and with dazzling gleam it can be a problem against Vullaby.

Sun: Vulpix +Diglett can be a huge problem, try to bait the eject pack before sending out Mareanie as adamant life orb Diglett one shots.

Shoutouts MDL

Team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)