CAP 19 CAP 19 — Final Product

I'm not going to question it since I'm sure there's a good reason but I find it kind of funny that a Pokemon clearly based on an aquatic animal doesn't learn Surf

then again the Tynamo line exists
It was originally because we wanted CAP not to hard counter the Ground types it was supposed to be hard countered by.

I think I'm a little slow - could anyone please explain how this Pokemon matches the concept? I'm looking through the move pool, and I can't seem to see it. Is it based on encore or what? I could use a little help ehre.

I think I'm a little slow - could anyone please explain how this Pokemon matches the concept? I'm looking through the move pool, and I can't seem to see it. Is it based on encore or what? I could use a little help ehre.

Hypothetically, the fact that everything that can OHKO Plasmanta is set up material for Gyarados to spam Dragon Dance is supposed to be how this matches concept.

Crux

Banned deucer.
The design is really great and the art is great and the name is amazing! It just goes to show how well communities working together in functional democracies using their agency to vote for what option they think is best aggregates the will of the people and leads to good outcomes!

Truly amazing! Its design is majestic, and its function quite creative. I just wonder how well it will function in the metagame without Gyarados as its partner.

One thing though, the method used for scaling its weight is flawed. This is due to the square cube law, which makes it so that when an object becomes larger, its mass (Which is interchangeable with weight) increases by a greater percentage. For example, a 2 meter cube that weighs 20 kilograms wouldn't weigh 40 kilograms if it was doubled in size. The 4 meter cube would actually weigh 8 times more then the 2 meter cube (Assuming it is made of the same material and has the same density), which is 160 kilograms.

If we account for the square cube law, Plasmanta, scaled up from a 2 meter, 70 kilogram Manta Ray, would actually weigh in at around 3000 kilograms! That's over 50% heavier then Primal Groudon!

That said, I don't have a problem with the current weight. The vast majority of pokemon have weights that are disproportional to their dimensions and/or anatomy (I'm looking at you, every pokemon that's bigger then a human being ever). So, I don't really mind anymore. Its just that the science nerd inside of me felt the need to point out about the scaling error.

And again, I have to say it looks amazing, and I look forward to using it in the CAP metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)