CAP 24 CAP 24 - Part 2 - Typing Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that we have had our discussion, it is time to select which type we want our Pokemon to be. Please familiarize yourself with the reasoning for the choice of our slate of typing in the Typing Discussion thread.

This will be a Preferential Block Vote (PBV) (a form of Instant Runoff Voting which re-runs the counting, each time removing the previously top-ranked candidate in order to determine the 2nd most preferred, 3rd most preferred, etc.), the details of which are outlined here and here. This is a ranked vote: order does matter! You can upvote your favourites and downvote your least favourites. You may choose to rank as many or as few options as you like, but we encourage you to rank as many options as possible to ensure your preferences are taken into account.

Bold your votes and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:

Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Third Most Preferred
Fourth Most Preferred
Fifth Most Preferred
Sixth Most Preferred
Seventh Most Preferred

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.
AP uses automated scripts to count votes. For this reason, it is very important for all ballots to be submitted correctly. If you do not compose a legal ballot, your post will be subject to moderation.
  • The scripts count bold words in ballots, so do NOT bold anything in your ballot other than the options you are voting for.
  • Do NOT put any formatting other than bold in your post.
  • Only one option per line.
  • Spelling of options must be EXACTLY correct and must match the spelling listed above.
  • Capitalization and spaces are ignored by the vote counting scripts, but you probably should not depend on it.
Composing a proper ballot is easy. Enter BBCode Edit Mode (the wrench in the upper right corner). Copy/paste the options directly from the OP to your ballot as plain unbolded text. Delete and/or rearrange the options to suit your preference and the poll type. Bold your vote text using bold tags or re-enter rich text mode, highlight your vote and click B. Spelling or formatting errors may spoil your ballot, so be careful!

Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts, or your posts will be moderated and you may be warned. You are allowed to say whatever you like in relation to your vote at the bottom of your post, but please do not look to begin a discussion. Keep those comments to PS or Discord.

Asking for votes for your submission or for the submissions of others is not allowed. Anyone found to have done so risks punishment at the moderation team's discretion. If you find that someone has broken this rule, please contact the CAP moderation team with your evidence and no one else. Mini-moderation of this rule is also considered a serious offense and can be punished.

IMPORTANT: When voting, use only the full typing in the specified order! The list of possible votes include:

Dragon/Fairy
Rock/Flying
Grass/Fairy
Electric/Flying
Rock/Dragon
Fire/Grass
Fairy/Flying

This poll will be open for 24 hours.

----

CAP 24 So far:

Concept:
Drew said:
  • Name - Snow or Shine (or Sand)
  • Description - A Pokemon that abuses 2 weather conditions for different effects
  • Justification - Currently in CAP, there is only one form of weather that is really worth using: rain, and only one really type of weather abuser: offensive sweeper. This concept means to address both of these issues by creating a new niche for two weather conditions. This concept would fill the archetype of a weather abuser, but I feel it also fits into the Actualization category as it would also aim to create a new role for a weather abuser for 1 or more different weather conditions.
  • Questions To Be Answered
    • Why are hail, sun, and sand underrepresented in the current metagame?
    • What makes rain the best weather condition currently?
    • How can this CAP encourage the use of other weather conditions? What do hail, sun, and/or sand need? Sweepers? Setters? Walls?
    • What weather effects are underutilized? How can we successfully use these effects?
    • How can one Pokemon utilize different weather conditions for different effects and sets?
    • Should this Pokemon be able to function outside of weather-based teams? If so, what niche would it need to fulfill? If it sets it's own weather, is it enough to abuse the weather condition on its own?
  • Explanation - For those who don't fully see how a not-sweeper weather abuser could work, take Lileep in LC for example. Lileep, mainly back in BW and XY as sand is quite uncommon in SM, is on most sand teams, as it can abuse its Rock-typing to boost Special Defense, the passive damage from sand, and its access to Recover and Toxic to become a weather abusing wall. Another possible interaction would be running Ferrothorn on rain teams to semi-nullify its Fire weakness. Not only typings are underexplored though! There are many moves, items, and of course abilities that can be used to abuse different weather conditions in a way that no Pokemon really does currently.
Topic Leader: Drapionswing

Topic Leadership Team:
SHSP
: Typing Leader
Drew: Ability Leader
reachzero: Stats Leader
mxmts: Movepool Leader

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Grass/Fairy
Fairy/Flying
Electric/Flying
Dragon/Fairy

Rock/Flying
Fire/Grass
Rock/Dragon

Also not a fan of Rock / Dragon type because it's weak to Ground, which is important for Sand-based teams.

I'm not a fan of Fire / Grass. As a defensive measure to Ash-Greninja and Landorus-T, it's not check them like Pyroak does with it's absolutely titanic bulk. The Fire-typing stacking with other Fire-types on Sun and it's relative lack of utility on Sand-based teams, especially compared to the other typings on the slate, makes me think it won't be as useful as one might think.

Last edited:

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Dragon/Fairy
Electric/Flying
Fairy/Flying
Grass/Fairy

Rock/Flying
Rock/Dragon
Fire/Grass

Even when I like Grass/Fairy, being weak to Flying type -and by extension, Tomohawk- could be a trouble, to difference to Dragon/Fairy taking damage from Ground-type attacks which can be fixed in the process.

Rock/Dragon
Electric/Flying
Fairy/Flying
Rock/Flying
Dragon/Fairy
Fire/Grass
Grass/Fairy

Rock/Dragon
Fire/Grass
Grass/Fairy
Dragon/Fairy
Fairy/Flying
Electric/Flying
Rock/Flying

Last edited:
Electric / Flying
Rock / Flying
Rock / Dragon
Dragon / Fairy
Fairy / Flying
Grass / Fairy
Fire / Grass

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
Electric/Flying
Rock/Dragon
Fire/Grass
Grass/Fairy
Rock/Flying
Fairy/Flying

I get the award for most posts deleted, by 3 (2 on the Concept Submissions for being useless, 1 on Typing Submissions for being posted after decisions)
I hate fairy dragon so much it's not even on my list
Also copy pasted bold that looks even more bold looks so ugly in my eyes

Last edited:
Grass/Fairy
Electric/Flying
Dragon/Fairy
Fairy/Flying
Rock/Flying
Fire/Grass
Rock/Dragon

Nice to be back after missing the past few CAPs, even if it's just ghosting like I used to.

Grass/Fairy
Fairy/Flying
Fire/Grass
Rock/Flying
Electric/Flying
Rock/Dragon
Dragon/Fairy

I'm not a fan of Dragon for this CAP; I feel like it'd be bad for the process if we say "welp, let's go for a type with a bunch of blanket resistances" rather than doing something a little more creative to push back against specific threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)