CaP 24 Prevo - Part 5 - Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Hey all!

We're really motoring on with this CaP now! Pitpotchi has made another wonderful piece of artwork and now we're all about to give it some moves!

Remember, This is much stricter than a normal CaP Movepool! We are only allowed the moves which Jumbao itself has in its movepool. You can move them around/change their order move TMs into level up moves and vice versa, but you cannot add any moves. This still leaves a surprising amount of variability and character for you to twist into the Prevo! Remember, Egg Moves cannot change!

I'd also like you guys to mention a clear method of evolution. This can be anything you like, by try and keep it more "normal" than extravagant.

Here is Jumbao's moveset for help in working out what to give our little buddy! You can also check out Dogfish44's movepool here!

Movepool:
HS Shore Up
HS Lucky Chant
HS Fake Out
1 Detect
1 Flower Shield
1 Tackle
1 Leafage
3 Tackle (R)
7 Leafage (R)
10 Rototiller
14 Ingrain
17 Magical Leaf
21 Wish
24 Psych Up
28 Body Slam
31 Natural Gift
35 Sunny Day
35 Flame Burst
38 Bullet Seed
42 Heavy Slam
45 Energy Ball
49 Moonblast
52 Leaf Storm

Grassy Terrain (Exeggutor)
Healing Wish (Cherrim)
Misty Terrain (Cottonee)
Smelling Salts (Cacnea)
Wood Hammer (Exeggutor)

Snore
Synthesis
Helping Hand
Block
Worry Seed
Giga Drain
Gravity
Seed Bomb
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Wonder Room
Superpower

TM 06 Toxic
TM 08 Bulk Up
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day (R)
TM 15 Hyper Beam
TM 16 Light Screen
TM 17 Protect
TM 20 Safeguard
TM 21 Frustration
TM 22 Solar Beam
TM 27 Return
TM 30 Shadow Ball
TM 31 Brick Break
TM 32 Double Team
TM 37 Sandstorm
TM 42 Facade
TM 44 Rest
TM 45 Attract
TM 48 Round
TM 52 Focus Blast
TM 53 Energy Ball (R)
TM 64 Explosion
TM 68 Giga Impact
TM 74 Gyro Ball
TM 77 Psych Up (R)
TM 78 Bulldoze
TM 86 Grass Knot
TM 87 Swagger
TM 88 Sleep Talk
TM 90 Substitute
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 100 Confide
As usual I am letting you guys Final submit from the off! But please clearly mark it as such and make sure you throw down your preferred method of evolution!

Our Prevo so far:

Name: TBD
Type: Grass/Fairy
Abilities: Solar Power/Trace/Overcoat
Movepool: TBD

Last edited:
Final Submission
1 Tackle
1 Lucky Chant
3 Tackle (R)
7 Leafage
10 Rototiller
14 Ingrain
17 Magical Leaf
21 Helping Hand
24 Wish
28 Psych Up
31 Natural Gift
35 Sunny Day
38 Flame Burst
41 Safeguard
44 Energy Ball
47 Shore Up
50 Moonblast
53 Leaf Storm
Healing Wish (Cherrim)
Misty Terrain (Cottonee)
Smelling Salts (Cacnea)
Wood Hammer (Exeggutor)
Snore
Synthesis
Helping Hand (R)
Worry Seed
Giga Drain
Gravity
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Wonder Room
TM 06 Toxic
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day (R)
TM 16 Light Screen
TM 17 Protect
TM 20 Safeguard (R)
TM 21 Frustration
TM 22 Solar Beam
TM 27 Return
TM 30 Shadow Ball
TM 32 Double Team
TM 37 Sandstorm
TM 42 Facade
TM 44 Rest
TM 45 Attract
TM 48 Round
TM 52 Focus Blast
TM 53 Energy Ball (R)
TM 77 Psych Up (R)
TM 86 Grass Knot
TM 87 Swagger
TM 88 Sleep Talk
TM 90 Substitute
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 100 Confide
To start off the changes, my first thing was to get rid of most of the moves that implied heavy weight, such as Body Slam and Heavy Slam, as well as some physical related moves, like Superpower, Gyro Ball, Bulldoze and Bulk Up. This is mostly because those moves don't seem to fit the design to me, as he doesn't look all that heavy or a Pokemon that would be up in your face, a bit of a contrast to Jumbao. To replace Body Slam in the Level Up moves, I subbed in Helping Hand from the Tutor Moves, and removed the slot for Heavy Slam all together. After level 35, the levels it learns moves at now increase by 3 each time, giving moves at 38, 41, 44, etc. Taking G-Luke's advice of a more interesting evolution method to show sun, I will have this little guy evolve when leveled up knowing Sunny Day, which appears at level 35. Also decided to get rid of most of the Heart Scale and Level 1 moves and move them to different places. Lucky Chant replaces Leafage as a Level 1 move, leaving it learnt only at Level 7. Shore Up is moved up to Level 41 and pushes back everything after it up a slot. Fake Out, Flower Shield, and Detect are removed entirely. Also decided against keeping Block. Bullet Seed has been replaced with Safeguard in the Level Up moves and Seed Bomb has been removed entirely.

Last edited:

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

Because of Jumbao's heavy relation to the Sun and happy looking demeanor, declaring that Jumbaby will evolve via level up with high happiness during the day.

1 Detect
1 Flower Shield
1 Tackle
3 Leafage
7 Rototiller
10 Ingrain
14 Magical Leaf
17 Wish
21 Psych Up
24 Helping Hand
28 Natural Gift
31 Sunny Day
31 Flame Burst
35 Bullet Seed
38 Energy Ball
42 Moonblast
45 Leaf Storm

First off, removed heart scale moves because those are only for full evos. Something I realized is that unless I shifted the move levels back, Jumbaby would have no attacking move for 3 levels, so I decided to do this for the sake of being realistic. I then removed Body Slam and Heavy Slam, since they are overly physical moves that imply a hefty amount of girth, and they just don't work with Jumbaby's considerable size difference. Finally, I put Helping Hand where Body Slam was, because Jumbaby seems far less competitive compared to its older form based on its expression, and it seems it would be happier helping its friends.
Healing Wish (Cherrim)
Misty Terrain (Cottonee)
Smelling Salts (Cacnea)
Wood Hammer (Exeggutor)

Can't touch this.
TM 06 Toxic
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day
TM 16 Light Screen
TM 17 Protect
TM 20 Safeguard
TM 21 Frustration
TM 22 Solar Beam
TM 27 Return
TM 30 Shadow Ball
TM 32 Double Team
TM 37 Sandstorm
TM 42 Facade
TM 44 Rest
TM 45 Attract
TM 48 Round
TM 53 Energy Ball
TM 77 Psych Up
TM 86 Grass Knot
TM 87 Swagger
TM 88 Sleep Talk
TM 90 Substitute
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 100 Confide

Removed the overly physical moves, the full evo exclusives, and the fighting type moves, which doesn't make sense for Jumbaby's overly happy and less physical nature. Removed TMs are Bulk Up, Hyper Beam, Brick Break, Focus Blast, Giga Impact, Explosion, Gyro Ball and Bulldoze.
Snore
Synthesis
Helping Hand
Worry Seed
Giga Drain
Seed Bomb
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Wonder Room

Removed the overly physical Superpower and Block. I also don't think that Jumbaby has the physical girth or mystical prowess to alter the gravity of the field, since its usually on Psychic types, legendary pokemon, or pokemon with a lot more correlation with the Earth itself, like Carbink, so Gravity was removed as well.

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

Right, so, the first obvious aspect of Jumbao's movepool is the very consistent Level Up movepool - the constant 3/4/3/4 pattern. This is indicative of a non-Level-Specific evolution method. In this case, I've opted for Levelling Up with a Happiness of 220 or above, aka "Friendship Evolution". Friendship seems to make sense from our prevo design - very smiley! I don't personally like Sun Stone on this, mainly because stone Evos tend to have weirdly shrunk movepools, and of the Grass Types that evolve by Sun Stone (aka all Sun Stone Evos but Heliolisk), all have Chlorophyll.

1 Flower Shield
3 Tackle
7 Leafage
10 Rototiller
14 Ingrain
17 Magical Leaf
21 Wish
24 Psych Up
28 Helping Hand
31 Natural Gift
35 Sunny Day
38 Bullet Seed
42 Safeguard
45 Energy Ball
49 Moonblast
52 Leaf Storm

Alright, so, with Jumbaby here having a Friendship evolution, keeping the levels at the same value is perfectly suitable. The main concern then becomes moves which simply don't make any sense.

First off, I've trimmed everything from Shore Up through to Detect - whilst Flower Shield at Level 1 as an only move is rare, the fact that Bounsweet, as our example, only has Splash at Level 1 implies access to a single non-attacking move is kosher. I apologise for not catching the double-support thing there though ^^;.

Helping Hand replaces Body Slam, which feels a bit too much for Jumbaby's body type, and Heavy Slam is replaced by Safeguard, a move which is common as a "High Level" Supper Option - taking particular inspiration from the Meganium line. As you can tell, these supportive moves are very in-character for the sort of 'happy' design I'm emphasising here.

Beyond that, the only move removed is Flame Burst, which feels fundamentally wrong with the design of Jumbaby - at very least, I can't see Jumbaby having the same sort of 'Arm Cannons' that Jumbao does.
Healing Wish (Cherrim)
Misty Terrain (Cottonee)
Smelling Salts (Cacnea)
Wood Hammer (Exeggutor)

Riveting.
Snore
Synthesis
Helping Hand
Worry Seed
Giga Drain
Gravity
Seed Bomb
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Wonder Room

We're still a Fairy so I've kept the mystical set, but moves like Superpower and Block, implying weight, have been trimmed back.
TM 06 Toxic
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day
TM 16 Light Screen
TM 17 Protect
TM 20 Safeguard
TM 21 Frustration
TM 22 Solar Beam
TM 27 Return
TM 30 Shadow Ball
TM 32 Double Team
TM 37 Sandstorm
TM 42 Facade
TM 44 Rest
TM 45 Attract
TM 48 Round
TM 53 Energy Ball (R)
TM 77 Psych Up (R)
TM 86 Grass Knot
TM 87 Swagger
TM 88 Sleep Talk
TM 90 Substitute
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 100 Confide

Bulk Up, Hyper Beam, Brick Break, Focus Blast, Explosion, Giga Impact, Gyro Ball, and Bulldoze all got trimmed, leaving TMs which are more... traditional, for a Grass/Fairy.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Since our little tree bunny goes from Solar Power to full on Drought for its ability, I'd like to have this little guy evolve upon leveling up with 220 Happiness or above during the DAY. This method is exactly the same as Eevee (into Espeon), Budew, and Riolu; which is to say it already exists and I'm not entirely crazy. Also, it capitalizes on a major aspect of the seventh generation, which was the shifting times of day and night depending on which version you played.

1 Flower Shield
4 Tackle
8 Rototiller
10 Ingrain
13 Leafage
17 Lucky Chant
19 Magical Leaf
22 Wish
26 Psych Up
28 Body Slam
31 Natural Gift
35 Helping Hand
37 Energy Ball
40 Sunny Day
44 Moonblast
46 Leaf Storm

Because Petilil and Cottonnee are also one-stage grass type evolution families, I've tried to emulate their style of level up moves, compressing the moves down with a 4/2/3 pattern. I removed Shore Up, Fake Out, and Detect from the Heart Scale pool, and then Heavy Slam and Flame Burst as well since they don't seem to mesh with baby Jumbao's design. Flower Shield was moved into the Level 1 slot, to mirror how it is only found in level up movepools as a Level 1 move.

The lower leveled moves have also been moved around a bit to mesh with Petilil and Cottonnee's structure. Starting at 4, their pattern goes Growth, Leech Seed, Powder Move, Attack, Status, Attack. For baby Bao here, I've opted for a base attack in Tackle at 4, followed by Rototiller (Growth), Ingrain (Leech Seed), Leafage (Attack), Lucky Chant (Status), and Magical Leaf (Attack). Leafage and Magical Leaf may seem a bit late, but in reality, their power levels match up perfectly with Petilil's Mega Drain and Magical Leaf at those exact levels.

Moving on from there, I kept Body Slam, as it reminds me a bit of Jiggly/Wigglytuff with the bunny aspect and also Poliwag learns it, so I don't think size will be a problem. I did however replace Bullet Seed with Helping Hand for a few reasons. Firstly, I felt that part of the movepool was getting clogged with attacks, and secondly because (to me at least) it doesn't look like baby Bao has the cannons that Jumbao does, and as such wouldn't get the same kind of connection to the move. Other than that, the only other change was moving Sunny Day a few moves later to mirror firstly bunny Bao's less direct sun connection, and secondly, the Sunny Day placement for Cottonee and Petilil at 40.
Healing Wish (Cherrim)
Misty Terrain (Cottonee)
Smelling Salts (Cacnea)
Wood Hammer (Exeggutor)

Unchanged
Snore
Synthesis
Helping Hand
Worry Seed
Giga Drain
Gravity
Seed Bomb
Magic Coat

I've taken out the more physical moves like Superpower and Block. Additionally, I like to think that baby Jumbao's mystic powers aren't quite as strong, so I've eliminated the two Room moves as well.
TM 06 Toxic
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day (R)
TM 15 Hyper Beam
TM 16 Light Screen
TM 17 Protect
TM 20 Safeguard
TM 21 Frustration
TM 22 Solar Beam
TM 27 Return
TM 30 Shadow Ball
TM 32 Double Team
TM 37 Sandstorm
TM 42 Facade
TM 44 Rest
TM 45 Attract
TM 48 Round
TM 52 Focus Blast
TM 53 Energy Ball (R)
TM 74 Gyro Ball
TM 77 Psych Up (R)
TM 86 Grass Knot
TM 87 Swagger
TM 88 Sleep Talk
TM 90 Substitute
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 100 Confide

Again, I've removed some of the more physical moves, such as Bulk Up, Brick Break, Explosion, Giga Impact, and Bulldoze. Though, I kept Gyro Ball, since to me this bunny seems more ball-like than Jumbao itself.

Last edited:
So... first time I've ever helped out. Anyway, let it be said that this guy evolves via Sun Stone.
Final Submit
1 Flower Shield
1 Tackle
4 Detect
6 Leafage
10 Rototiller
13 Magical Leaf
15 Lucky Chant
17 Helping Hand
22 Wish
25 Body Slam
28 Sunny Day
32 Ingrain
36 Bullet Seed
40 Moonblast
43 Energy Ball
45 Leaf Storm

Healing Wish (Cherrim)
Misty Terrain (Cottonee)
Smelling Salts (Cacnea)
Wood Hammer (Exeggutor)

TM 06 Toxic
TM 08 Bulk Up
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day (R)
TM 16 Light Screen
TM 17 Protect
TM 20 Safeguard
TM 21 Frustration
TM 27 Return
TM 30 Shadow Ball
TM 32 Double Team
TM 37 Sandstorm
TM 42 Facade
TM 44 Rest
TM 45 Attract
TM 48 Round
TM 52 Focus Blast
TM 53 Energy Ball (R)
TM 64 Explosion
TM 74 Gyro Ball
TM 77 Psych Up (R)
TM 86 Grass Knot
TM 87 Swagger
TM 88 Sleep Talk
TM 90 Substitute
TM 100 Confide

Snore
Synthesis
Helping Hand
Block
Giga Drain
Seed Bomb
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Wonder Room

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As cool as it is, I wouldn't support Stone evolution. Stone evolution Pokemon generally have miniscule level up movepools, while in contrast, Jumbao's level up movepool fits its name. As such, I think the movepool submitters should find more creative means of evolution if they wish to tie in the Sun aspect of this CAP Prevo

As cool as it is, I wouldn't support Stone evolution. Stone evolution Pokemon generally have miniscule level up movepools, while in contrast, Jumbao's level up movepool fits its name. As such, I think the movepool submitters should find more creative means of evolution if they wish to tie in the Sun aspect of this CAP Prevo
I was just thinking the same thing as you, and was about to post my thoughs, but I searched before aboute the mons that evolve via Sun Stone. And there's the case of Sunflora, that has a wide movepool, despite the evolution method. It is a bit obscure, but it would be a reference to Jumbao's "sun" and "plant" themes.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
OK so because i have been ridiculously busy I am giving you guys another 24 hours. Sorry about the delay, but I like the movepools so far, but agree with G Luke on the sun stone thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)