Robot from the Future
Hey all! Let's get the Sprites up and running for the newest piece of artwork provided again by Pipotchi!
Pipotchi I think I saw you post some other reference material for the prevo somewhere? Could you link it me? I can add it to the OP :)
EDIT: Pip also created this bit of artwork to help too!
- Sprites should be inspired by the winning designs from the Art Poll. It does not need to be an exact rendition of every detail of the designs; "artistic license" is granted to all spriters. However, drastic deviation from the selected art designs is discouraged.
- All sprites (front and back) can have a maximum size of 96x96.
- All sprites (front and back) must have a complete, unbroken, distinguishable outline. It does not need to be a black outline, but it must be clearly distinguishable from the adjacent interior colors of the sprite
- No action effects, move effects, environment effects or additional objects can be rendered on or around the pokemon.
- Sprites must be in PNG format.
- Use 8-bit truecolor (aka 8-bit RGB) or less. This does NOT mean 256 color mode.
- Use transparent backgrounds.
- All sprites must be scratch sprites that are completely original works by the spriter. Fusions of other sprites or pixel-overs of other artist's lineart (including the main design) are not allowed.
- Do not alter, fuse, recolor or otherwise modify another spriter's submission unless the original artist explicitly gives permission.
- All sprites (front and back) must use roughly the same size and pose when compared to each other.
Final Submission Post
All spriters must make a final submission post conforming to the sprite rules (listed above) and the following:
- The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
- Final submissions must contain a minimum of 4 sprites - Front Normal, Front Shiny, Back Normal, Back Shiny. If spriters choose to include gender differences (Male and Female versions of each) then 8 sprites must be submitted. Gender differences are NOT required.
- Only submit ONE PNG that contains all the submitted sprites. Please do not submit separate images for every sprite. One "cutsheet" makes it easier for mods to track submissions and ensure each complete set of sprites stay intact.
- Only make one (1) final submission post.
All legal final submissions will be included in the sprite poll.
Advice for Spriters
There are 8 possible sprites in a Sprite Set:
- Front Normal Male
- Front Normal Female
- Front Shiny Male
- Front Shiny Female
- Back Normal Male
- Back Normal Female
- Back Shiny Male
- Back Shiny Female
Let's get this done! You've got a few days at least at the minimum!